• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#750 5 years ago

Stumbled on these in Walmart last week and thought hmm, I just don't know?. So I went home and popped to youtube to do some research, as I was interested in the 4-1 Centipede because of the track ball, cabinet art and game selection. Went back to grab one and set up was a breeze. Quality feels okay, nothing amazing but not dog biscuits either, and once built it feels very solid. Control panel buttons can be swapped out with commercial grade, which is nice.

Having owned 20+ good titled arcade games at one point (including Crystal Castles, and not saying 20 like bragging, just more of I've owned a bunch and know how much of a PITA they can be) I find these little minis scratch the itch and here's why.

Sure, nothing beats the originals, but they're expensive, take up a lot of room, are very heavy, monitors are a pita, and board repairs are a chore, especially with some. These however, are sweet looking replicas with the great art packages, easy to move around, super kid friendly and they're ready to play in 30 minutes of build time. My kids will sit and play Crystal Castles for hours, they feel right at home on it.
We liked the centipede so much, we went and bought the Rampage cabinet last night as well. Kids like Rampage and Joust, I mainly bought it for Joust myself. (I use to have an original Joust that was a pita to get working and stay working)
Right now they're just in my movie room den, as that's where we set them up, until I figure out where I want to put them in the house and moving them will be a breeze.

So- Pros: Super easy to build. We skipped the risers as they're kid friendly height and I or we, just use a chair. When you're zoned into the screen, you can't tell the difference, it just feels like you're playing an arcade game. Super cool looking (imo) be it a kids bedroom or your own gameroom, they don't feel like they're trying to own the room they're in like their big brothers. Countless hours of fun with the same style and looks as the originals for a fraction of the cost.

Cons: Quality control is hit or miss.

Bottom line: Recommended.

My local Wal-Mart has one Galaga, I'm tempted to go grab it today, think it would be a go to game in the lineup.
1493A359-8FF7-4D61-8244-47AD969EA4F1 (resized).jpeg1493A359-8FF7-4D61-8244-47AD969EA4F1 (resized).jpeg
F762F00C-49AB-4E48-A9ED-66F7EECA6AFD (resized).jpegF762F00C-49AB-4E48-A9ED-66F7EECA6AFD (resized).jpeg

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Also - this is the only way I'll ever be able to afford owning Quantum - broken boardsets alone go for far more than this. =-0
I did just notice that BJs is also going to have the Atari 12 game model for $350 come Black Friday.

That's the thing, board sets are crazy money nowadays. A TMNT board set alone is $500, so here's hoping they make the rumored cabinet.

I'm patiently waiting for Final Fight myself, I've attempted to build one twice but gave up both times. Board set was $200+ but the art is what killed it for me, too expensive for cpo, side art, bezel, marquee, etc.

Now if only they would make a 3/4 TRON.....tell me who wouldn't buy that game.

1 week later
#833 5 years ago

sent arcade1up and e-mail asking for the control panel protectors, they replied back within hours, no questions asked and are sending me the three I asked for, can't beat that.

#863 5 years ago

Pac-Man review

Bought one, set it up, screen had a slight jump going on that was annoying. Took the pcb out, noticed the 4 screws were all loose holding it in it's metal frame, including the groundstrap and didn't want to tighten down (I actually put the bigger screw in, that's why the color isn't shiny)

But, it was also missing a tiny microscopic soldered ''fuse'' on the backside of that board that looked like it had rattled off, which is why I suspect the screen was jumping. Didn't feel like waiting up to 6 weeks for a replacement board so returned it to Wal-Mart and bought another one, no issues with the new one.

Cabinet is sweet looking-
Gameplay feels right on-
Joystick feels good-
again, it looks sweet.

Contacted customer support via e-mail, and within an hour confirmed they are sending me the control panel protector and the upgraded pcb for Rampage, so A+ for their customer service so far, didn't even have to provide any proof.

Looking forward to Ms Pac, and Final Fight which are must buys for me, and I do still want Galaga/Galaxian (can't believe we haven't bought that one yet)

The possibilities are endless really, and Arcade1up must know this. Really hoping for a Burgertime cabinet, Tron, Dig Dug/kangaroo? Donkey Kong 1, 2 3, Mortal Kombat, etc.

And lastly, yeah, we went a little crazy buying 4 of these, but we love them and the kids play them a lot, so it's a win win.

D3DC2288-A16C-469B-9FAE-F3CE046172AF (resized).jpegD3DC2288-A16C-469B-9FAE-F3CE046172AF (resized).jpeg9F48E234-282D-4C80-BB4C-D3A6C45F8C12 (resized).jpeg9F48E234-282D-4C80-BB4C-D3A6C45F8C12 (resized).jpegC2465632-ECA4-4297-8109-A2BEF3CF9FFB (resized).jpegC2465632-ECA4-4297-8109-A2BEF3CF9FFB (resized).jpeg

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I just don't get it. You've made about half a dozen post in this thread that I can recall, without any of them being remotely positive towards this product, so why are you still here?
That makes as much sense to me as someone whom doesn't like Mexican food stopping off at the Mexican food restaurant every day just to tell everyone what they think about Mexican food. Are we really at that point in our society to where it's more important for people to engage in things they don't like then to just move along and find something they do enjoy or like?

I don’t really know him personally, but I know who he is, he’s an arcade guy/purist, which I can respect as I have had a bunch of them myself.
However, for me, it’s a little hard to balance the two worlds, space is part of the problem, and pinball always wins out. That’s where these just work for my family. Kids love them, I like to play them, win win. That’s not to say I wouldn’t buy an original Joust or Pac-Man for the right price down the road, but it’s one less thing to “hunt”
Pinball is getting damn hard to hunt in it’s own right, one less thing to bother with while we still get to enjoy these, they definitely scratch that itch for a pinball purebred.

1 week later
#1006 5 years ago

Arcade1up confirmed Mortal Kombat (1, 2,3?) is slated to be released for March 1st.

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I received my SF2 overlay plus extra art overlay today...not even 10 days after I sent them an email! I haven’t even opened up this box as it’s a Christmas gift for my 6 year old....sent them an email with just my mailing address. Pretty trusting!

I sent the request all at once for the 4 I have, but only have gotten SF2 by itself with the extra art, which came about 7 or 8 days later. Still waiting for the other 3.

#1069 5 years ago

Actually, just checked in front of my garage and the board is here for Rampage/Gauntlet. Now just waiting on three protectors

5 months later
#2512 4 years ago

My ten year old daughter just put together the $75 Asteroids, the spinner is worse than I thought, lol. But, I like Asteroids and lunar lander, so it's all good. I'm glad I waited on this to drop.
This makes 6 arcade 1ups for our house, we enjoy them for what they are.

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Screw Brickseek and screw Walmart!
I went to 2 different Walmart hell holes that Brickseek showed should have stock of more than one unit of both Centipede and Asteroids at $75, and neither had either one. At the one, a guy in the department said they had not had Centipede for a long time.

I would ask to speak to a manager and show them the proof on your phone. My local wal-mart had them, but they were way high up in the rafters in the stock room out back, and the employee sounded less than pleased that I wanted him to retrieve one, as he said he had to get some department guy to get it down, blah blah, but retrieve one he did. They often times don't have a clue what they're talking about in Wal-Mart, the less work they do the better, it's a total shit show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.