• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you thought Ikea was bad....

Yeah it looks super-cheap and crappy, but that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!

#22 5 years ago

Put it next to your kiddie urinal.

Sanitary-Ware-Ceramic-Children-Urinal-for-Kindergarten (resized).pngSanitary-Ware-Ceramic-Children-Urinal-for-Kindergarten (resized).png
#24 5 years ago

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like the whole video was spliced here for some dumb reason....

Check out the major glitch in Street Fighter II at the 44 second mark in the E3 video. Looks like crap emulation. No thanks:

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That's not a glitch in the emulation, it's a splice in the video. Watch the guy playing the game - all of the footage jumps.

I see it now. The guy playing jumps back on screen, too. I was too focused on the screen. Why would they edit a video of gameplay WHILE HE'S PLAYING?!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Bank for the buck, it’s tough to beat a Pandora’s box.
$120 shipped with 1200+ games.

But are they 1299 discrete games, or are many of them 20 or more each of each SNK fighting game.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m waiting until there are some quality reviews of the these. They look super cool.

$99 clearance next spring, like last time.

1 month later
#392 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Or think the Atari 2600 cost $199 ($870 in today's dollars)
And each cartage cost $49 ($215 in today's dollars)
The Pacman cartage sold for $59 and was one of the worst programed games of all time
So the Arcade1up seem to be a much better value as far as toys go.[quoted image]

Those still work today. I doubt these things will be working in 10 years, let alone 35.

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What specifically gives you doubt? These are just electronics, there’s no reason that I can foresee to make one think that they won’t last a long time.
If your clairvoyant I’d like to know.

These are CHEAP electronics. They're not built to last. Surface mount components + ultra cheap manufacture specs=won't last as long as a 2600.

#401 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Do I worry that my Nintendo Switch is not built to last?
Do worry that I have two Playstation 1 that have dead drives in them?
These are toys
^read the above again^

I GET that. I'm just saying that the 2600 was built better than these new toys, which is why it often still works 35 years later. The spec on this new disposable stuff is much cheaper. "Just barely good enough" is good enough these days.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are the only person threatened by this toy.
Everyone else is just going to play it until they are bored with it, then carry it to the curb.

"Threatened" is a little hysterical. I made a point. A valid point. You found that threatening somehow?

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You have made a dozen negative posts

False. I've made exactly 10. 4 of them have been responding to you - today. And there were some compliments in there like, "that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!" that you chose to ignore for your weird narrative.

6 posts over a one month period is not exactly spamming a thread.

9 months later
#2589 4 years ago

LCD monitor though? Kinda meh for a vector game. I mean Vectrex did home vector for $199...

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

What are you expecting for $499.99 ? Nobody is making CRT's, let alone vector displays any more. And a CRT display would probably more than double the weight of the game. And how much, counting for inflation, would $199 be 35 plus years later? It aint happening.

$200 more than the Arcade 1UPs they released last year and they added a yoke and that's it? Seems like not such a great value proposition.

(And $199 would be like $450 in 2019 dollars, but the Vectrex screen was only 9", to be fair.)

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I'm hoping when oled technology becomes far cheaper some one will make rounded crt shaped oled screens to really get that crt feel

OLED is getting much cheaper, but not THAT cheap. The 77" OLEDs were 20 grand just a few years ago and can now be had for about $4500. Probably $3000 by Christmas if you don't need the new model year.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

OLEDs are susceptible to burn-in, so they are not an ideal choice for a video game system.
At least, this was true a couple years ago, I don't know if they've solved the burn in issues on newer models.

We game on ours all the time, and no issues with burn in. When the TV is "off" the TV is refreshing the cells transparently which is something plasma never did. You may get some persistence on a white screen if you've been gaming with a HUD for 8 hours, but it's gone the next time you watch it. You'd have to REALLY abuse the set to get burn (24/7 same set of images on vivid would do it since there's no down time to refresh the cells). OLED is the ONLY way to watch movies. Amazing HDR, smooth motion, and unbelievable black levels. We went from Panasonic VT level plasmas (top of the line for 65" they didn't make the Z ones that large) to OLED and OLED is hands-down better. We'd never have an LCD. The loss of picture quality compared to OLED, even on the top end models, is too much to swallow. There's a reason manufacturers are licensing OLED now for top-end sets - it's the best picture. Never lost a head-to-head with any LCD.

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We have a P65ZT60 (the last 65” they made) which is STILL outstanding. I haven’t been able to justify going to OLED. The crap TVs in the house are LCD but my son doesn’t seem to care

The last year they didn't make 65" ZTs did they? I know I was looking for one and had to "settle" for a VT which I bought to last 5 years until OLED tech became affordable (it was only small screens in expensive electronics at that point). I think I only had to wait 3 years to buy a 65" OLED. I HIGHLY recommend making the jump from plasma to OLED, especially if you have Netflix and Amazon Prime video. OLED + HDR is AMAZING quality TV time.

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well... mine is 65”... here’s one on eBay:
ebay.com link
I don’t do HDR currently, so maybe thats worth looking at! The Zs are not 4K or HDR

I don't think any plasmas are HDR, it came years after their time. It's one of the biggest differences with OLED. Lost in Space looks FANTASTIC in HDR, especially some of the planetscapes. 4k makes less difference than HDR. But yeah, HD Netflix with HDR and Amazon Prime video with HDR are really something special. Best place to get high-bitrate HDR shows.

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The 2013 Panny VT/ZT60 models were the closing ceremonies for plasma. I have the latest Sony OLED (A9G) but can't let my Panny 65VT60 go. Long live plasma (and 3D)!

Watch enough HDR shows and that Panny will start looking awfully shabby. We still have a 37" (bedroom armoire, biggest that would fit) and two 50" Pannys, but everyone prefers the 65" OLED for most watching. These Pannys are not long for the world here...

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They're 60 miles plus from the local TV station.

It's more important how far they are from the TV station's broadcast ANTENNA.

Unless they're in a valley, a powered roof antenna should let them pick up the signal. We're IN a valley and can pick up the antennas around that are at least 60 miles away. FCC has a map of broadcast towers you can check.

I got a cheap antenna for the roof that I really had my doubts about, powered it to boost the signal and we get all the channels in HD. Fox is kind of iffy, but it comes in unless it's storming. The best thing about it is it's not compressed to oblivion. That's what pushed us off Charter. I couldn't deal with their constantly increasing compression. The pictures looked TERRIBLE for $100+ a month. We're doing antenna+streaming now and it's much better (though consolidation of all the dumb streaming apps HAS to happen at some point).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.