• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

From what I read Walmart isnt happy with the number of returns and is getting rid of inventory.

I was just at Walmart and looked at one of these 1Up Arcades. What a cheap POS. I noticed wear all around the buttons, so I went up to check it out. I digged my finger nail into top panel and it literally scrapped away paint. Is it even worth $200? I don't think so, don't be a cheap ass-just save up and buy a real arcade like CGC Ultimate Arcade-imo

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the control panel overlays are trashed on the displays but they are sending out a plastic overlay to protect em for free for anyone who requests one via their website.

Hindsight- I wonder how many returns, etc. they could have prevented by simply adding a plastic overlay protector. People's perception when they see the paint coming right off after a few plays-This game is a POS-Im taking it back! I thought about one for my kids room but said na I will stick with console games for his room for now. By the way I still need to come up and see you for helping mod my consoles.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want authentic, cover them with Mylar,

No if I want authentic I would just pony up and buy a real dedicated arcade. These are trash-just because they are cheap does not make them worthy-imo. I recently had a small Midway multi-cade (similar to 1Up) and I literally gave it away because nobody wanted it. Ended up giving to some kids who watched my dog when I was out of town. I just think if you are going to spend money on an arcade-get a real one. I paid like $1000 for my CGC ultimate arcade and the quality is night and day difference. If you want something cheap to throw under the tree-so be it, but you pay for what you get. Like I said I do not even think these are worth $150. The only thing good about these monstrosities is they help bring back arcade nostalgia to the main stream.

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My kids are going to freak out over a $199 Street Fighter on Christmas morning and they’re not going to give a crap that it’s not a CGC machine with 90 games they’ll never play.

Yes perfect for kids for a few years and then disposable. I understand not everyone wants to spend the money on a real arcade, and just want something to put a smile on their kids faces. It's all good- I am at a loss this year scratching my head with my kids for Christmas. They want fit-bits? WTF they are kids what do they need fit-bits for?

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

CGC machine with 90 games they’ll never play.

May think twice about that, I own a CGC multi-cade and a Game Gate multi-cade and the kids absolutely love them. Come to think of it I can't think of one day where my kids do not play them. There are thousands of games and they seem to play all of them. They literally play everyday and unfortunately play way more than the pins. These multi-cades I bought are the best bang for your buck when it comes to entertaining the children.

GEDC0826.JPGGEDC0826.JPGGEDC5213.JPGGEDC5213.JPG

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Where are you getting these for 1k

Usually pop up on local CL all the time but you can also find elsewhere...
ebay.com link: i

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Walmart 9 miles away has them all for $100.

Damn now they are literally giving them away. I had the thought of maybe I should go and buy a couple for the Children's Hospital for Christmas.

Worthy of What???? These machines are not worthy of being in Pinsiders homes. Pinsiders are special privileged people who have access to a vast data base of video game knowledge(ie. Pinside).
Let me ask you a question-If they had a zizzle pinball machines on sale at Walmart-would you advise people to go and buy them because they appear to be a good value or would you warn people that they should not waste their time or money(and to save up and buy a real pinball)-because they are a POS regardless of pricing. These 1Up Arcades are not for Pinsiders, they are for the oblivious parents who think it is a good value and will be fun for the kids. Yes it is a toy and not a real arcade, so if you want a toy just buy one of those $20 mini arcades Walmart has been selling. I think Pinsiders want something with staying power-maybe even something that will maintain it's value and they can re-sale or trade down the road. Buying a real arcade would allow you to keep your investment instead of a temporary fix to make the kids happy for Christmas. If you want to go out and buy the zizzle of arcades-so be it. I tried to warn people

I also find it amusing how people are trying to MacGyver their machines so they can work properly-LOL They should include a piece of gum, a toothpick, and some duct-tape with purchase-so people can do some MacGyvering to get their new zizzles to play right.

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Man I wish I would have consulted you before I got mine, you could have saved me some money. We all get it now there shit dont buy one.

No worries bro, just trying to save one Pinsider at a time from throwing money away. Pinside crusader to the rescue

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

LOL, have no idea why you are getting so worked up about these...seriously!

I am not getting worked up, I could give a shit if people want to waste money. I see people posting pictures of them at a discount-like it is a good value and you should go out and buy one. Knowledge is power-just trying to educate unaware people to what a real POS these really are. If you like them and kids like them-it's all good.

I would never recommend a zizzle pinball to a pinsider because I feel I would be doing them a disservice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.