• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#418 5 years ago

I can't wait to hear what you guys say after you play one.

4 weeks later
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Someone posted a pic on facebook. Thing is so tiny. I imagine most will be adding the riser.
[quoted image]

That's ridiculous.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Got mine today and put it together. Kids love it. Like a real arcade, cab was already scratched and dinged up. Kinda sucks being new but important stuff looks good and works. It's not as small as I thought it would be. Boys and I could all play together just fine. Riser would put it at a decent height. Might get that later. Just played it a little. Looks like you can only play two players in Gauntlet. Not sure why you can't do three players like in Rampage. Overall real happy with it. Looks like a real arcade and works great. Not as good as the real thing but pretty cool for what it is.
[quoted image]

I would be interested whether or not they are still playing with the machine 90 days from now.

In that photo, it appears to be very awkward and uncomfortable to play.

1 month later
#871 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I've been keeping up with this thread, and I have to say one of the things that impresses me is what appears to be consistent solid customer support as far as fixing issues, updating the product, etc. This of course is good basic business practice, but so many companies fail in this area. Hopefully they can keep that going and have success selling these.

This past Saturday night there were 10 of the PacMan cabinets in the return bin behind the customer service counter at the local Walmart. I'm guessing that most folks who encounter a problem simply return the machine as opposed to some of the more mechanically inclined folks on Pinside.

#960 5 years ago

Ran out to Walmart this evening to pick up a Switch for my nephew.

They have 6 pallets each of Galaga and Pacman with each pallet stacked around 5' high. There certainly is no shortage of these toys.

1 week later
#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

The most important, and true, words in this entire thread!
As soon as my wife saw these she said, "Oh, we can get one of those!"

Different strokes.....

When my wife first saw the Galaga/Galaxian cabinet, she turned to me and asked quite seriously, "Are they kidding with this thing?" They look and feel like toys and seem completely out of place when sitting next to a commercial piece of gaming equipment.

However, I hope they are successful and sell a million of them.

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So those managers lowered the price to $148 for you?
What zip code?

Which region of the country is moving the most product?

2 weeks later
#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I still say that because these are made by the same people as hatchamals, that they will be around for a while. Next year they’ll be back, better then before.
The first year that hatchamals came out there were many news reports of them not hatching. These are $50-$100 toys that contain basically a stuffed animal and they still sell. I’ve never bought one (I don’t see the value) but my daughter wants one badly.
Of course they will have a big booth at CES, these guys have a lot invested, and they will be around for a while.

They need to improve the quality which is going to cost them money.

The Arcade1Up return pile at my local Walmart continues to grow.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

After a little bit of soldering, she's working 100%.

I wonder if all of the single mothers buying these things up have any soldering experience.

1 week later
#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Went by their booth. They have games you wouldn’t think would be coming out yet....

So exciting, lol.

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

No Ms Pacman...

Namco still sells it.

1 week later
#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Be glad you don't play guitar, your crazy acidic skin oils would probably go all the way through the wood.

Don’t laugh, there is a kid in my daughter’s band who plays with gloves which have the tips of the fingers cut off for this very reason.

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No single mom (the typical household), is going to buy a used, smokey, cat piss smelling, phosphor burnt monitor, 300lb arcade game for her kids.
But a brand new, compact, bright LCD monitor game, delivered to her home by UPS for under $200, is ideal.

True.
But negative people, have to thread piss. They can't help themselves.
[quoted image]

I’m hoping they are, at the very least, giving you a 1/4 point per unit sold.

2 months later
#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Where is final fight?!? That’s the cab for my daughters room

She must be thrilled.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.