• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lithonion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 5 years ago

I ordered the Centipede cab for my wife a couple weeks back. I have a real nice Mame cab with LEDBlinky that even tells you what each button is for on each game but she said it is to complicated to use. She wanted something she could just turn on and play, so this fits the bill. I see them selling a lot the first run. Frys.com had a deluxe for preorder but they sold out before I could get one. Would rather have the deluxe as I really like Tempest and have yet to put a spinner knob on my cab.

Deluxe (resized).jpgDeluxe (resized).jpg
1 week later
#441 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Man, unless that guy is six foot five, even with the riser that still looks awfully low to play for very long.
[quoted image]

These with the riser are 58" tall. So about 10" shy of most arcade cabs. I pre-ordered the Deluxe that comes with the riser but not sure I am going to use it yet. Might build my own because there is no way I am playing it at 58". It is ultimately up to the wife as I did order it for her. I have a Mame set up she doesn't like to play, do complicated.

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What frontend are you using?? We use hyperspin in my house, it’s so simple a 3 year old can use it

Hyperspin as well. Let's put it this way. I had a touch screen remote for our home theater. You touched, "Watch a movie" and everything would turn on. Repeat and it all shut off. She wouldn't use it she wanted one with buttons because the touch screen was to complicated. lol

1 week later
#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I ordered the deluxe from Best Buy. It was scheduled to arrive no later than Sept. 24th. The update I received today now states no later than Oct. 16th.

Yep same here.

2 weeks later
#509 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This guy bought all 4 of 'em

He must have lots of room. I have room for one, in an odd place. I will post a pic when I get it in and installed. If I got rid of a couple pins or my Area 51 I could get a couple more...Oh wait that will never happen.

1 month later
#767 5 years ago

Had an issue with button B not registering. I would put a slight bend in the arm on the switch but it would over time straighten out and stop working. So instead of getting them to send another cheap button, replaced all of them. Also threw in a clear trackball and some LEDs in the housing.

12n1 green buttons (1) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (1) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (2) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (2) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (3) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (3) (resized).jpg
#793 5 years ago
Quoted from Orlando:

Has anyone figured out how to correct the spinner or to replace it with an aftermarket version?

Two #6 lock washers on each screw hole on the spinner and heat shrink or a small strip of electrical tape on the spline to take out the slack.
Spinner Mod 1 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 1 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 2 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 2 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 3 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#835 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If one of your 3 cabs is rampage you should ask for the revised rampage board. Current one locks up on certain levels of gauntlet. People who got the replacement board said it sounds better than the original as well.

Level 31 on Gauntlet.

2 weeks later
#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I've been looking around for a stool to go with my Pacman cab. Anybody recommend something sturdy that wont break the bank?

These are hard on the rear but would go well with Pac-man if it's not on the riser.

https://www.recroommasters.com/cocktail-arcade-stools-p/rm-arc-stools.htm

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Brilliant!
Now who will be the first to try this with an Ultimarc spinner on Tempest?

I probably won't be the first but I am going to do it. There should be no reason it wouldn't work now that I have a USB port to plug into. But I did adjust Tempest on the factory spinner and made a big difference. It also did save the settings when I powered it off and back on. The USB mod made the game much more enjoyable being able to tweak all the settings.

1 week later
#1217 5 years ago

So far, "leaked" as we all know leaked on purpose.... Arcade1up Cocktails will be at CES as well as new cabs with 27 new titles licensed for 2019
Not sure on how many cabs that will be at CES and if all new titles will be presented. We will see if this is just a rumor mill to get hyped up for Arcade1Up at CES. CES is Jan 9th so not that far out.

Arcade1up Cocktail (resized).jpgArcade1up Cocktail (resized).jpg
#1269 5 years ago

Everyone already commented on the hot soldering iron not plugged in but think of all the people involved in that photo shoot that got that wrong as well as the motherboards being face up. lol

On the Arcade1Up note my wife loves her 12 n 1. She has made a point to let me know it is much easier to use then my 2k+ mame cab. lol. I will be putting a real spinner in it soon. Ordered the Turbo Twist 2. I figure I have done the USB mod there should be no reason I can't just plug in a USB spinner and set it up in the settings. I will let you all know how it works out when done. I think am having more fun tinkering with it then the wife does playing it. I could have left it and she would have been fine with it but I get bored with no projects to work on so I create some. Guess I could work on my large scale Beech D18 before winter is over.

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

A guy on youtube tried it and it works but said you have to re seat the plug every time to get the computer to recognize what ever is plugged into the usb.

Didn't think about that. Makes perfect sense seeing the keyboard only works if you plug it in after it's powered on.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Another forum says that the next batch has Gorf, Tron, & Satan's Hollow in one cab.

Wow another on the list. It will be interesting to see if they improve the spinner for Tron and if they are actually going for a flight stick style controller seeing all 3 use it.

1 week later
#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Arcade 1up leaked a few of the new cabs....
[quoted image]

You beat me to the post.

1 week later
#1661 5 years ago

They are shooting for a mid February release on the spinner.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Which city in CA? Can you find out?

Crescent City, CA

3 weeks later
#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I'm curious to see how people like these. I can't imagine that there won't be a turbo twist version soon too. I have two of those for my mame machines and they work great.

There already is. I have one on order.
https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=412

2 months later
#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Where is final fight?!? That’s the cab for my daughters room

Now Arcade1up is saying May.

2 weeks later
#2439 4 years ago

I have the Turbo Twist 2 as well but there is another alternative. There is one you can get on Amazon for 49.99. There are many sold already and very well received by Arcade1up owners. I knew it was coming out I just didn't want to wait.

https://www.amazon.com/ThunderStick-Arcade-Spinner-for-Arcade1Up/dp/B07P5WJ7BC/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1_sspa

8 months later
#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Folks, look at the lockdown bar... I had built a virtual cab about 6 years ago and put a custom lockdown bar on it that had polished corners on it, then quickly realized I needed to have round corners that real pinball machines have, that 1up machine will annoy everyone that plays it after about 2 minutes.

That and the giant plastic what ever it is under the screen. Maybe it doubles as a cutting board??
I complained about the corners on the Toyshock and A1Up does the same thing. Why put an accelerometer in it and have sharp angles where your palms are going to rest. Couple good pushes with the hands and your done playing, at least I know I would be.
I can't get over the cutting board lockdown bar either. It will be interesting to see what mods are done to it.

10 months later
#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I am thinking about getting a star wars from a guy off craigslist. wanted to see if anyone has one and how durable it has been or if you have had any issues with it.

I got mine day one on release. I love it and have had no issues so far. Glen Planamento also has an aftermarket Yoke he helped design if you want to really upgrade it to something that is much more robust. It's currently sold out but he said more are on the way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L7TVCM2/ref=as_li_tl

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

how much does that yoke run when he has them?

I think he said 299 but they are all metal like the actual arcade and can be used in Arcade1up, PC, or a replacement for the real arcade cab as it has all the connections for them.

I plan on getting one at some point. I don't see the all plastic yoke on the 1Up lasting forever.

1 month later
#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I know these things aren’t the real deal but I modified my final fight cab today with Sanwa joysticks and iL buttons using cherry switches. Makes a world of difference. Plan to do my TMNT next. Waiting on some longer jumper cables for the 1st and 4th players.

I have 4 cabs, Star Wars is the only one that still has the stock controller and buttons. Makes them play so much better when you put quality joysticks and buttons on them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lithonion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=lithonion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.