• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 5 years ago

I can see the appeal of getting one or two of these. My game room's a bedroom on the second floor of my house with a stair case that turns 90 degrees halfway up. Unless I can take the pin apart, it's a bitch and my wife cringes every time I move one. I'm not spending the money on one of those electric stair movers so I could see myself just having a local distributor deliver a new Stern pin and add a couple of these minis for fun.

I hope they do well.

#240 5 years ago

If these are successful I’d love to see a Stern Berzerk/Frenzy cab. There’s never been a licensed true arcade home conversation of these games.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Those have to be some sort of mock preproduction lineup. The rampage / joust / defender cab doesn't even have 3 players. The screens also seem larger.
I'm not a fan of the collage style myself, but I can understand the appeal. Personally I'm actually thinking it would be fun to reskin the sides of the Rampage cab with the Joust artwork, since it's just generic striping otherwise.

Yes. I saw on Facebook that they were just mock ups they showed the license holders. Promising nonetheless.

#310 5 years ago

I love Tempest but would never want to deal with a 300 lb. vector unit. I wish the Asteroids cab had the Tempest artwork and design but I understand why they went this way. I know Asteroids is more popular. Although, I can’t get why anyone would like Asteroids more than Tempest these days.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

A real Tempest is 240 lbs. You guys do realize that's less than most pinball machines weigh?

Forgetting the initial cost and repair (which I have no arcade repair experience), I’m done carting anything up my steps (with three tight 90 dergree turns) that I can’t break down to sub 100lb weight.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It seems sucky that Galaga only comes with one other game, Galaxian.
You'd think they would have tossed you Satan's Hollow or Phoenix or something....[quoted image][quoted image]

Yea. One of the couple YouTube channels that are following this company posted a recent rumor that they had someone who works for Wal-Mart corporate email him about Pac-Man being a game mentioned at a meeting. The only other title included in it was Pac-Man Plus which is just a slight alteration of the original. I understand why they're doing this. To spread out titles as far as possible and sell as many $300 cabs as they can. But, it just seems kinda wasteful (all that particle board) when they could just make a Namco cab and include the most popular titles like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig Dug. I do appreciate that they're making the more dedicated units for people who want that Pac-Man or Galaga art. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up consolidating the titles AFTER they've sold a bunch of the other stand alone's.

Obviously, it will depend on the how these things fare when they're released to the general public and we see some more reviews.

#367 5 years ago

Spread the revenue out as far as you can till the money teet is dry.

I’m just a few years too young for Mattel Football but I remember the Tiger Electronics games well.

5F393D56-4557-4380-8FD7-647913EF2953 (resized).png5F393D56-4557-4380-8FD7-647913EF2953 (resized).png
#383 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

And now you can get a 20 MB zip file that has every 2600 game ever made and play any of them on a emulator on a PC or a 35$ R Pi. So I have heard.

I have MAC’s and am not interested in a PC emulator so I’m not included in the MAMEverse.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares?
I don't care what's inside the new Nintendo Switches, I don't care what's inside my Moto phone, I don't care what's inside my 4KTV.
You are the only person threatened by this toy.
Everyone else is just going to play it until they are bored with it, then carry it to the curb.

Well, at least, Craigslist it.

1 week later
#462 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Has anyone seen a definitive preorder date for the Pacman cab? I've been browsing the YouTube channels, but not a lot of useful info.

No. It was just a rumor on one of the YouTube channels that have been covering Arcade1Up. It’s probably coming next year.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Overall review and observations from the Arcade Repair Tips guys, who were invited to the Arcade1Up offices to check them out...

Watched it. The big thing I took away from this was the spinner on the Asteroids cab didn’t feel as solid as an original Tempest one. Which is a shame because that’s the big one for me.

Also, I messaged the company on FB about their joystick gates. They told me the gate on the Street Fighter was square which is more true to Japanese arcades as opposed to American ones that used octagonal.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Wait what? What American street fighter game came with octagonal gates?
Happ’s don’t really have gates. Rather they have shaped actuators that don’t really act like gates. Comps are better for fighting games because they hit the corners better than supers. The more I hear about Arcade1Up the less I think they know about actual arcade machines.

They didn't? Ok. Sorry. I'm really not an arcade guy. That's just something I read on an arcade forum about square vs. octagonal gates. All I know is I'm far too aggressive with the stick to do quarter turns with a square gate. I'll just stick to my Qanba Drone with a Sanwa stick to play SF on my PS3/PS4.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Unless you've modded that stick it's got a square gate, that's what stock on a Sanwa JLF.

Swapped out the square with their octo. Very easy. Just pressure clips.

1 week later
#496 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Lol. Yeah, cause trading in your ps4 will satisfy your gaming needs. Trade in a state of the art system capable of playing 100s of great games, for a mini arcade that can only play 3, 30 year old games.
But I'm sure Gamestop would gladly sell you back your PS4 for 50% more than what they gave you.
But.....I do have an xbone s that I rarely play and I think I got it during a black Friday deal for $250. I could technically break even.

Agreed. I don’t know who this trade in “deal” is for but it isn’t me.

#524 5 years ago

I’m really interested in the Atari deluxe one from Best Buy. I already have a decent modified arcade stick for my PS4 to play Street Fighter, etc. But, playing Tempest and Centipede in the Atari Collection with a dual shock is not the same as a trackball and spinner. I wonder if you can swap the spinner with a weighted one.

As far as a seat, the Atari ones from the Pong Project would be perfect.

5C5C7AAE-142F-4EB8-8320-8942FEE95342 (resized).png5C5C7AAE-142F-4EB8-8320-8942FEE95342 (resized).png
1 week later
#607 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Walmart has Pacman/Pacman Plus product code in it's computers, no sign of Ms Pacman.

Too bad it doesn’t include Ms. Pac-Man. Could have combined the art similar to the Atari deluxe cab.

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Vid, you seem to really like these things! thanks for posting this!

I think Vid’s got some background cash in this company...

3 weeks later
#704 5 years ago

Well after UPS left it in the mulch and didn’t ring the doorbell, my wife used a hand cart to get it in the garage while I was at work.

I put the Atari Deluxe together this morning. Pretty easy. Anyone with pin or arcade experience won’t have any trouble.

Like others have said the trackball works pretty well and the spinner (dial) is usable after adding washers and a little electrical tape for the slop. Graphics look sharp and I didn’t have any damage to my cabinet. It is packed pretty well. I did remove the plexi and used Novus 1 and a dry terry cloth to clean the screen and the cover.

My biggest complaint is the screen. I wish it had settings to adjust because, unless you’re low and dead center, there’s a glare effect that blows out the blacks. Especially noticeable on these games where the backgrounds are always black.

Nonetheless, I would rather play Tempest and Centipede on here than on my PS4. The dual shock is not a substitute for a ball and spinner (even a poopy one).

Next step. Bridge the speaker to my Polk sub.

I may get the SF2 cab and do a cheap mod with a raspberry pi with new sticks and buttons.

439CF47C-1030-4C5A-8406-B10C9AA8CDB7 (resized).jpeg439CF47C-1030-4C5A-8406-B10C9AA8CDB7 (resized).jpeg64EC8B81-252A-4DAE-919F-480068915C4D (resized).jpeg64EC8B81-252A-4DAE-919F-480068915C4D (resized).jpeg
#706 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Excellent.
That proves that a broad can indeed move these things around!

Well she got it in the garage but no way was she getting it up the steps. But, the Atari one is about 10 pounds heavier because of the riser.

#707 5 years ago

Played the Atari cab a bunch this morning. Still fun and these are always games you can come back to because you can’t really beat them.

I’d like to see a Dragon’s Lair Trilogy and a Stern Berzerk/Frenzy combo.

Also, I’d like to see someone come up with an easy swap for a real spinner.

1 week later
#771 5 years ago

So I picked up the SF2 cab today from Wal-Mart and it’s missing the hardware bag and power cords. The box was still sealed too. The control panel box had an orange sticker indicating it was a replacement panel so I wonder if those bags were in the original panel box but not in the replacement.

I tried calling their 800 number which eventually went to voice mail.

So, I emailed them to send replacements. We’ll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. Sheesh. What a sh*t show.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I was told could take up to six weeks to receive overlay and riser hardware. Said would mail sooner if they get parts in .

They got back to me about the parts bag and power cords. Told me the same thing. 6 weeks. But, they said since it’s just hardware it should be quicker. I’ll update when I get it.

I did use my power supply from the Atari cab just to make sure it boots up and the screen doesn’t have any dead pixels. Could care less about the buttons and sticks. They’re getting swapped.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Walmart will have these for $250 on black friday, including the new pac man.

Black Friday at Wal-Mart? Have you seen the videos?

#785 5 years ago

Can’t let my missing hardware get in the way of the conversion...

Used a step bit to drill the two holes for the select button. I chose to use the smaller button just to be safe. If I f’d up and drilled too big I’d just go with the bigger one but it turned out ok. I also swapped out the square gates with Sanwa octagons.

Hooked the LED’s up to a 9v battery and they work so we’ll see.

598AA10B-69B9-440A-BB35-AE1E658A52FA (resized).jpeg598AA10B-69B9-440A-BB35-AE1E658A52FA (resized).jpeg8C3C88C0-16E4-40A2-90FE-B2F505FD1A3F (resized).jpeg8C3C88C0-16E4-40A2-90FE-B2F505FD1A3F (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#859 5 years ago

Finished my RetroPie mod of the SF2 cabinet. Pretty cool and it makes me wish you could adjust the screen on the normal cab. Just look at the difference in Centipede when you lower the brightness a little and tweak the contrast. Even in this crappy photo you can see it looks better. But I’m not playing Centipede with a joystick though.

D4FE272C-075B-4415-8E3D-A2422E919A59 (resized).jpegD4FE272C-075B-4415-8E3D-A2422E919A59 (resized).jpegDBAC797C-D7B7-41B2-98C5-0197025BA9D3 (resized).jpegDBAC797C-D7B7-41B2-98C5-0197025BA9D3 (resized).jpegD150D2B4-1E44-46C0-AFA8-F036CA07E9A1 (resized).jpegD150D2B4-1E44-46C0-AFA8-F036CA07E9A1 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#1213 5 years ago

Even though I paid full US price for my SF2, I’m really enjoying it after the Pi mod. I can rebuild a Gottlieb Decagon Score Unit easily but I’m a complete novice in the field of computer stuff. When I figured out how to run Sega CD and Turbo CD emulators (and networking the Pi to my Mac), I was ecstatic. I had a TurboDuo (and a TG16) as a kid and Gate of Thunder was one of my favorite games. My brother and I had a Genesis but never had the CD. Despite all the bitching about the add on, the sound quality is top notch. I’ve played Final Fight tons of times but the Sega CD’s soundtrack is unique. Also, I’ve discovered this game called Snatcher.

82D13FDA-E6E0-4382-9A3C-5B051EA4A96E (resized).jpeg82D13FDA-E6E0-4382-9A3C-5B051EA4A96E (resized).jpeg9FDADBD6-5CA0-4E94-8EF7-F6195A506CC8 (resized).jpeg9FDADBD6-5CA0-4E94-8EF7-F6195A506CC8 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I'd second Street Fighter based on button selection

Yup. I bought a SF2 and did the ETA Prime Pi 3b+ conversion. Even with about $500 in it, I have no regrets. There's no reason for me to buy any of the other ones that use a joystick. I have the Atari 12 in 1 for trackball and spinner games like Centipede and Tempest. Tons of people are asking for X-Men and TMNT on Facebook but, if you install a Pi in a SF2 cab, it doesn't matter. You can get those games easily.

Now I don't know how well the Pi can run laserdisc games like Dragon's Lair. So, if Arcade1Up releases a Dragon's Lair Trilogy, I may be interested. The cab art reproduction they do is pretty nice. Look at the new Space Invaders one. Not that I'm gonna spend $300.00 on a SI just for the art.

Also, is Golden Tee fun for one player? Or, is it just a bar game?

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Well, that depends how much you like golf. It's fun to practice and play solo, but with a group of people golden tee is a blast.

Figured that. Does this Arcade1Up compilation have the best of them on it?

Also, I like Hot Shots Golf and Neo Turf Masters. That's my knowledge of golf.

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Neo Turf Masters is amazing. After I sold my six slot it's the only cart I kept.
A Neo Geo 1up cab would actually get me interested. All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

Yea. I have a bunch of Neo Geo games on my Pi cab including Neo Turf Masters. I also play it on my phone sometimes. It works fine with a touch screen.

1 week later
#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Groovy Gamer Turbo Twist is installed. WOW what a difference I can play Tempest now! Only draw back is I have to get use to it actually spinning and not the garbage stock one which I kinda go use to Install was quick and easy, although you cannot put the black plastic underside cover back on w/out drilling a hole for the bottom of the turbo twist to stick through. Also, I didn't cut the stock spinner out I just re-mounted out of the way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just ordered one too. I also ordered the dimmer mod from eBay for my 12-1. I’ll post when I get them.

1 week later
#2345 5 years ago

Added the Turbo Twist 2 and the dimmer board to my Atari 12 in 1. Took about two hours to do both. I definitely recommend paying the extra couple bucks for the external dimmer knob to make adjustments depending if you’re playing during the day or at night. The Turbo Twist is awesome. Just gotta get used to how much more sensitive it is than the dial that came with the machine.

Dimmer

ebay.com link: BRIGHTNESS CONTROL Kit for ARCADE1UP No More Washed Out Blacks DIMMING CONTRAST

DBAC9AAA-8521-4C3D-849C-DDF87DC6A61A (resized).jpegDBAC9AAA-8521-4C3D-849C-DDF87DC6A61A (resized).jpegAA83C797-36BC-49D1-8FD6-F0A003467635 (resized).jpegAA83C797-36BC-49D1-8FD6-F0A003467635 (resized).jpeg50F9A737-FDE7-46A6-B252-74FE8EBFDEAA (resized).jpeg50F9A737-FDE7-46A6-B252-74FE8EBFDEAA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know when the 1944 cab is being released? I thought it was supposed to come out in March.

That’s a hilarious joke on the Arcade1up fan Facebook page. No one knows but so many bitch about it.

2 weeks later
#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Just got my protector for my 12n1. I got an email on 1/16/19 they got my request. Must have been a big line in front of me. I'm glad it finally came. I'll install later today. My B button is iffy at times so it will be a good time to check it out. I'm still interested in an upgraded spinner. Are they done w/a version for the 12n1?

See my post 2345. I did the groovy gear gamer one and love it.

2B52B62A-CADE-44E1-BA10-9E5AFF67D16A (resized).jpeg2B52B62A-CADE-44E1-BA10-9E5AFF67D16A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I just ordered a replacement spinner for my Asteroids. I just paid $95 buck to replace one control on a $199 game. Ouch!
But... Tempest was hard to play with the cheap, stock dial. I started on the hardest level and it just didn’t have the resolution and responsiveness to play at that level of difficulty.

I got the turbo twist 2 from groovy gear gamer for my 12 in 1. No regrets. I LOVE Tempest and it's so much fun to play now.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Spinner starts at $69, was it shipping or did you get some upgrades?

Black inset knob (personal choice)
Energy storage cylinder (a must)
Screwdriver free install (yup)

3 weeks later
#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone order/receive the arcade1up "upgraded" spinner yet?

Has Arcade1up made their own? I thought the only ones were the guy selling on Amazon and the Turbo Twist 2 which I have.

2 weeks later
#2573 4 years ago

I see the MSH cab being the new one to mod. If I didn’t already do a SF2, I’d get it. Love that Thanos side art.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.