• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1784 5 years ago

I made my MAME cabinet rotate the LCD, its dead easy as they are so light. People do with CRTs as well but it takes a lot more effort. I spun mine with a 12v motor and two cut off switches.

2 weeks later
#2079 5 years ago

Is there any word from Arcade1up if they have any intention of fixing the controls or selling an upgrade?

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They said at CES that they were "looking to address the spinner control feel"
Who knows when that will be.......

I haven't had a chance to play one personally but I see people online are modding the track ball to try and get better control out of it.
I was most interested in the trackball variation, some good deals out there on the 12 in 1, just such a bummer that both controls are reported to have issues.

#2109 5 years ago

Saw this on Instagram this morning

50776D1C-EAE0-48DB-88C5-62DE44A9DDCA (resized).jpeg50776D1C-EAE0-48DB-88C5-62DE44A9DDCA (resized).jpeg
#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Congratulations to you and your partner!
In the States, it's only been legal for 3 years, so it's still a big deal that we get excited about.

Well considering they are both Canucks and its been legal here for 14 years. I just thought it was a cool picture, I did wonder if posting it here was a good idea, this place can be weird.

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd like to apologize for making that divorce joke as it triggered politics in this topic.

Is that what passes for politics these days, it just seems like gibberish.

5 months later
#2661 4 years ago

Is a Star Was 499.99 MSRP, I thought these were 299-399? That extra 100 changes me from pre order to wait and see.

2 months later
#2709 4 years ago

I didn't realize people find MAME so hard to set up. It was a little tedious for sure but it really depends on how many games you have. Once you purge all the clones and duplicates and only have games you want it's really simple. I think the biggest issue with MAME is the 1000's of games why do people put so many games on their cab. If you have 12000 games 98% of them are shit.

#2715 4 years ago

Man I am so tempted to buy one but the $650 for us Canadians is steep. I'll have to wait it out and hopefully these get a price drop after the holidays. A few more inches on the riser would have really helped.

3 weeks later
#2742 4 years ago

The Star Wars is available in Canada now and it’s like $725 CAD after tax. That’s just way too much for me. They kinda priced themselves out of their target demographic.

1 month later
#2817 4 years ago

Time Pilot and Frogger seem an odd match. Frogger is a 4 way and wasn’t Time Pilot like a 16 direction or at least 8?

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

*8 way. Most Konami games of that era were 4 / 8 way joysticks. A couple had 2 way sticks. Never heard of any game with a 16 way joystick.

Yeah it’s been a while since I played an actual time pilot. I thought it might have been like Sinistar.

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

I can't imagine trying to play Frogger with a Monroe stick from a Time Pilot or vice versa...

So Timepilot did have a specialized stick, I remember it had unique control. It did not seem like a standard 8 way. It may not have been analog but it swiveled like one.

1 month later
#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Went to Walmart today, the price tag was $449 for Star Wars, I walked away from it and the electronics manager told me to hold on a minute that they were marking prices down. The machine got marked down to $225, I said loader up!

Damn thats a score I just searched on line and none are listed for Walmart.com.

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Expect to see dragons lair this year, next year at the latest.
A1U seems to follow their customers wishes and that one of the most wanted.

They would have to remaster all the content, I run it via Daphne and it really does not look good on an a modern screen. Those old CRTs really hid a lot. I guess they could just keep it original but I think people would be super disappointed.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I haven't played it in a long time, but didn't they have a version of this for the ipad that looked pretty decent? I think they've made a million versions of Dragon's lair over the years so hopefully getting it to look decent on a LCD won't be too hard.

Yeah that's a good point if it looks good on an iPad it might be ok. I have a 21" 1600x1200 in my cab and its pretty ugly. What size and resolution are the 1up screens, they are pretty small aren't they?

#2898 4 years ago

I checked and the 1up screens are only 17" so it would probably be fine. I know the first time I played it on my cab I was very surprised how bad it looked. I just remember it being the most amazing game I had ever seen. I think it would be bigger than Star Wars especially if they can keep the price down.

3 months later
#2954 3 years ago

The bench is cool but I didn't realize it's just the standard cab with piece that fits on to it, I wonder if they will do sit downs for others.

4 weeks later
#2963 3 years ago

As soon as you can put additional tables on a pin I will buy one. Hopefully 1up is smart enough to make me able to pay them to do that because I am sure the community will find a way to make it happen.

4 months later
#3006 3 years ago

Sit down is pretty cool, I never thought much of Outrun. All the Sprint, Pole Position, Turbo, that is where the nostalgia is for me. Hard Driven and Race Driven I would jump on in a heartbeat they raised the bar. Also I would jump on the driving shooter, Spy Hunter and Road Blaster. Out Run though was always just kinda meh.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Outrun was pretty weak from what I remember. They should have done the 4 player off road. Much better game.

I was considering Off Road as part of the Sprint series but realize I have no idea if they were actually related. I was just thinking of all the mutli wheel racers. That is the racing combo they need to do.

2 months later
#3041 3 years ago

It's great that Dragons Lair and Space Ace come with both games so you just pick the style you want. I thought for sure they were going to make people buy both.

#3043 3 years ago

Any word on improved controls on that tempest cab, I heard the original spinner and ball were pretty shit.

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Super excited for the Dragon's Lair cab, will look great next to the Neo Geo MVSX that's on the way. In case no one else realized, they also advised the Dragon's Lair cab is full sized, not the standard 3/4 replica!

Are you sure it looks like its still on the standard riser?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.