• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 5 years ago

If these can me moded I'll probably pick one up. Hopefully someone will figure it out like they did on the nes classic.

3 weeks later
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Oh brother. Leeches are trying to flip these already. $750
https://offerup.com/item/detail/536651388/

Same person is trying to flip a SNES classic for $150 when they are readily available now.

1 week later
#500 5 years ago

Someone posted a pic on facebook. Thing is so tiny. I imagine most will be adding the riser.

42589140_10205174450557579_2671389415238008832_n.jpg42589140_10205174450557579_2671389415238008832_n.jpg
#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

There seems to be some concern that the graphics on the control panel will rub off easily. I wonder how difficult it would be to Mylar the controls before assembling

Supposedly they are aware and will be releasing a protector later to prevent this. Some people are spraying clear coat on the panels. Others reported issues with the spinner and trackballs and they are definitely not like the originals. Thinking the games with just buttons and joysticks might be safer bets. There is a group on facebook where people are posting as they get them. Their customer service is supposedly really good with regards to taking calls and sending replacement parts, however I heard due to the number of issues the backlog is 30 days on parts.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is $299 toy.
So it's not going to have a $100 Happ trackball or a $129 weighted spinner.

Understood and I wasn't expecting arcade quality for the price but it seems the people buying these are and when they advertise the following I can see how it's misleading.

- Arcade1Up game cabinets look, feel and play just like the classic arcade games you remember.

- Authentic Arcade Joysticks, Trackballs, Buttons & Sounds

- True Arcade Tactile Feel - plays exactly as you remember

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

The funny thing about #6 is they are already on Craigslist and eBay for inflated prices.

That is because they are hard to find right now. Give it time and once the demand is met these things will be popping up left and right after the novelty wears off.

4 weeks later
#712 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone received a street fighter 2 unit? I bought one and was just wondering what estimated shipping is and when. It is a gift for my son, so I have it shipped to a family member's home and need to let them know it is coming.

I was at Wal-Mart over the weekend and they had plenty of each model sitting on the shelf except for centipede. Where did you order yours from?

1 week later
#770 5 years ago

Amex card owners. You get a $30 cash back when you spend $300 at Best Buy before 12/31

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can somebody tell me why replacement button has extra button? I was expected the same set up to swap out fire button. Is the switch marked for particular wires or just use process of elimination until button works? Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You want to connect wires to the Common and Normally Open contacts of the switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I will use the bottom two. Switch has NC on both lugs. Guess that’s not meaning. normally closed.
[quoted image]

Yes, the bottom two (1 and 3).

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does Walmart price match a gamestop sale price?

negative. Be careful when checking out. Mine had discount in cart but when I received confirmation it was not there.

2 weeks later
#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Arcade1up confirmed Mortal Kombat (1, 2,3?) is slated to be released for March 1st.

If I had to guess it will have MK2 and MK3. Maybe even include both 2 versions (MK3 and UMK3) so you feel like you are getting more for your money. I don't think MK4 can be emulated correctly with the board they are using and they will probably do a separate MK1 release all by itself, kinda how they didn't put Ms. Pac-man in the Pac-man one.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's too bad that licensing came through faster for Mortal Kombat 2/3/4 in other countries than in the states
[quoted image]

That picture been out for months and I was under the impression it was just a mock up. Also seen pics of cocktail 1ups with split screens.

4 weeks later
#1484 5 years ago

I think vid owns stock in this company.

1 week later
#1648 5 years ago

Person on the forum scored 3 different models at his Wal-Mart in CA for $75 each. Wal-Mart's around me been staying at $299. If they drop that low it will be hard to pass on any of them.

1 week later
#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If any of you guys have a Sham's Club membership, the Atari Flashback 9 is $9.99 in the clearance section in the back.

Checked mine over the weekend and no luck.

1 month later
#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

FYI, just purchased a pair of first gen cabinets and decided to contact Arcade1Up about the protectors. They stated that they ended the free protector program March 1st and now you have to purchase them.
Oh well, would have never thought to even ask if it wasn't for this forum, so not much loss on my part I guess.

How much are they charging?

1 month later
#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Lebanon IN has 4 SFII's for $100 each according to Brickseek. Brickseek wasn't wrong when I got mine.

I would get one for that price. Everything around here is full price or $199.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

199 is not a bad price...
I paid 300 plus tax for my 12 in one and I'm modding it...
ANd I paid 250 plus 40 for a riser for my street fighter 2.
And golden tee I paid 500... Still haven't gotten it yet, cos I ordered from best buy... If I did gamestop I would have it by now... Oh well.
I wouldn't mind a pac man, but I'm not paying 300 for just 2 games. 199 maybe, but 100 definitely.

It's better then full price but not where I must have to get it. I only want sf2 and mk so will just be patient. I have dedicated arcade machines so these are more of a novelty to me. The stores around me have lots of sf2 in their inventory but refuse to lower the price. With the new titles coming out maybe they will be motivated to sell the older titles.

4 weeks later
#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Custom 18000 in 1 in Asteroids cabinet was ready today. So many games. Leaving the Simpsons set up for kids surprise to find in morning.[quoted image]

Mind sharing details on what you used? I got an asteroids with plans for doing that as well.

4 months later
#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I managed to score one of the Rampage cabinets for $154 this weekend at Walmart. The Walmarts in the AL/GA area seem to randomly be selling the older cabinets for this price lately. (Some Walmarts, but not all... I used Brickseek to find the ones that had them marked down). The store I got Rampage from also had 2 Mortal Kombat cabinets at the same price.

I been patient and have been able to purchase all of mine at $99 or less using brickseek. So far I got mortal kombat, final fight, street fighter, and galaga for $99. Asteroids was $75. I passed on a few others like rampage cause I just don't have the room for all of them plus there are more titles coming in the future.

Now if I could find the risers for $11 like others have....

3 weeks later
#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

my bartops will play hundreds and even thousands of games, and the build quality is far Superior.. I do want to build a full size soon. Galaga or a 20th anniversary Galaga/pacman edition
[quoted image].
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the point unless those bartops are readily available for a few hundred dollars. I am sure if most people had the choice between an aracde1up and your bartops at the same price they would go for the bartops. However it's not like you can just walk into walmart and get ones like you have any given day of the week. You are not the target audience for these machines and it's why they are sold at retail stores like walmart. I own a lot of dedicated arcade games and also have a full size MAME with 1000's of titles. I would never pay full price for these however when I see them for $75-$100 I pick them up just for the hell of it.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

I get it.. I do.. I was just being cheeky i guess..)0 Anyhow, yeah you are right, most people that these low cost partical board cabs are made for are people who have never seen a mame build or otherwise.. I would pick one up myself but the weird size thing just makes it a no for me. they are too tall to put on a table top and too big to put on the floor.. even with the riser they are just still to short..

I understand where you are coming from and that is likely because most of us here on pinside have been collecting arcade/pinball machines for a long time. I still cannot believe people pay full price for them but who am I to tell them what to spend their money on. When I see so many people happy with these machines on the arcade1up facebook group then I figured if these can bring enjoyment to all those people who never had real arcade games then who am I to judge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=bojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.