• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1791 5 years ago

My buddy just bought the Asteroids / Tempest game and I put it together for him as he plans to surprise his family with it. It did not come with a protecor and one of the buttons don't work at all. I haven't had time to take the control panel back out to troubleshoot that problem yet but in the very short time I played it I will say it's not bad for the $$ but that "spinner" really needs to be improved. Not only doesn't it actually spin but it isn't even reliably registering, I could get past the first issue but the second one is pretty bad. Also the very first time I believe I've ever seen the game "Major Havoc", looks like it might be pretty much fun if I can get the buttons all working. Anyone had any luck getting service from them for an issue like this (button not working) right out of the box?

#1896 5 years ago

I watched a couple videos of people modifiying the SpinTrac to work in the A1UP and although it looks time consuming it is also a way to add a real spinner for less than $100 which is somewhat tempting. Are any of these other options significantly cheaper than that vid1900 ?

4 weeks later
#2161 5 years ago

They posted a new video of the upgraded spinner for the Asteroids / Tempest cabinet on FB: https://www.facebook.com/glen.planamento/videos/3011717802187286/

Should be available on Amazon within a week for about $50.

#2165 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

it's blocked! maybe private to the group?

Yeah, you probably have to belong to the "official" fan club group to view it. He was holding the assembly in his hand and it spun for about 16 seconds with one good twist.

#2198 5 years ago

If you don't want to pre-order he said they should be available on amazon "shortly", apparently he's doing the pre-order because of some challenges with getting the amazon store up and running in a timely fashion. I'm #29 on the list.

1 week later
#2278 5 years ago

Received an e-mail that my upgraded spinner has shipped, should have it early this week!

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Those sold out and I was thinking of the groovy gamer spinner but it's $110 shipped which I could justify since I picked the 12 in 1 up for $199 but still pricey.

They are supposed to be working on one for the 12 in 1 I think.

1 week later
#2330 5 years ago

Finally got to play my friend's Tempest with the $50 spinner upgrade - WOW, what a difference. Game is so much better playing now and it works pretty well with Major Havoc too. I didn't test it in Asteroids as I have always hated that game anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.