1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,718 posts
  • 278 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Luckydogg420
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 478 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15714526265694506094651431549029 (resized).jpg
4E161486-982E-4B37-AFB4-853B818B8031 (resized).jpeg
61D7C0EC-B8A2-4A1E-836B-EF49FF554048 (resized).jpeg
2F171DD6-EFFF-484E-8503-65DBC082CA9A (resized).jpeg
7B83058A-00AE-4435-9DC9-84A65E44E72A (resized).jpeg
20190923_192508 (resized).jpg
3a286ff1556a48ecc400aacb37062bd6f67482b4 (resized).jpg
28E1B6E9-E150-438E-BC0D-98C13D150E81 (resized).jpeg
20190919_140126 (resized).jpg
20190919_133751 (resized).jpg
KIMG2008 (resized).JPG
CA51DC94-3CC6-4E4F-945F-FCCCB13C5D0E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpg
IMG_1472 (resized).jpg
IMG_1452 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The riser appears to have a nesting feature for the cab. The part showing the guy lifting the cab onto it made the cab seem fairly heavy. This is a good thing.

if you read up on these you will find they are anything but heavy at less then 60 lbs. If commercial arcade machines were all built like these kindergarten knock offs the hobby would have died off 30 + years ago.

Thanks
Blake

#131 1 year ago

I think cheap is the word id use to describe these. 60 lbs means when one of your drunk friends stumble against your centepede. Instead of them hurting themselves and us saying "he got what he deserves". We will look at the guy who bought the arcade, laugh then say "he did'nt deserve that" as the machine is now ready for the burn pile.

But for $300 there will be a lot of kids this christmas with wide eyes and big smiles and thats what matters!

I hope they sell like hot cakes.

Thanks
Blake

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I have most of the games on the pandoras box but Ill buy my brother a mortal kombat cab for a Christmas present if they actually make it and man if they did have simpsons/xmen/and turtles all in one that would be really hard to pass up.

Id love to see two people playing the SF version side by side. Its gotta be like watching two guys trying simultaneously to get the last pringle out of the can. If you have played these fighters on an original machine, especially any MK then you know that space is tight to begin with. Let alone on a cabaret style cabinet.

Thanks
Blake

#135 1 year ago

The easiest way to look at this product is to apply the same logic we do to buying pins. How many of you own the kid version pinball machines? I'm not talking about the miniature Super Mario that's a collectors item either. I'm talking about the $200 plastic 2/3 size pirates of the Caribbean you bought at K-Mart which looks like it runs on 6x D batteries (you know the one). I'm guessing few to none. Well that's what this product represents. A poor substitute to the real thing. Which don't let anyone fool you, are still readily available at a fraction of the cost of its pinball machine counterpart.

Thanks
Blake

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

I dunno man. Not sure I agree with this assessment. Those Zizzle toys played nothing like a Stern or even an older System 11. These Arcade1Ups on the other hand, might be in cheaper lighter smaller cabinets, but if they get the controls right, they should "play" exactly like Centipede/Asteroids/etc did back in the day, especially since they're using the same ROMS. I have a half dozen full-size arcade cabs in my game room, but I'm still welcoming a couple of these in there. Especially since space is tight.

just think about this for a second. asteroids was displayed on a vector monitor - cant duplicate on a crt raster, let alone a flat screen. there goes your bullet trails, brightness, explosions exc. atari used leaf buttons for your controls. ever played asteroids on cherry switches (which im guessing they will be using.) you wont get the same rate of fire or response.

centipede - cost of rebuild kits for original trackballs on atari are around $100 give or take let alone the price of the new unit. Do you think they will use the same quality unit ? my bet is they spin good for a couple months and then remind you of the time you wanted to play golden tee at the bar but someone the night before spilled a beer on the control panel. then you have the button issue again.

we could do this for every title.

thanks
Blake

#138 1 year ago

you would be way better off purchasing the cabaret versions of the classic arcades you like then spending $300 on these if you are tight on space. You must have played games on flat screens and seen the difference compared to there CRT counterpart? I've pointed it out to casual folks and they immediately notice the difference.

Thanks
Blake

#139 1 year ago

If your going to spend $300 on one of these units. Spend another $200 to get the real thing and have it for the next 20 years. If you need some quick cash, sell it for what you paid or maybe more.
None of these statements will be true about your other option.

Thanks
Blake

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Thanks, Blake... your opinions are noted. The points are reasonable.
You know what else is reasonable?
The situation where someone like me has a basement full of pins, other projects in the wings, and other priorities in front. I also have a couple of kids who appreciate arcade games... and we've forged positive memories and go-to favs at shows. That someone like me would love a full-size arcade. Probably has a Retro-Pie scratching the itch. Has amassed some controls and spare parts to populate a cabinet if the right one turns up.
...then realizes his kids' favorite game is Rampage, and that one's a trickier 3-player build. And realizes the "find a cabinet" part is not so easy because arcades like pins are getting pricier all the time. And rehabbing a cab gets expensive quickly. And where to find the time, money, and space resources meanwhile since other opportunities (like rehabbing a pin with his kids) unexpectedly took up most of them meanwhile...
...then sees huh, for $300 there's a honest-to-goodness 3-player Rampage cabinet (with not one but TWO of our other short-list fave games as bonus, what?!), perfectly sized for two kids and dad, or my kids and their friends, that's turn key ready to go with no hacking together bits and bolts and boards. No lengthy process, no heavy cabinet, no ongoing expense, and freeing my time for the other commitments meanwhile.
All I have to do is let them unwrap the box and put it together, and they and I will have a blast playing right away. Meanwhile, once/if/when the other pieces fall into place for a full-size one, sure, why not. OTOH maybe I'll realize the "full size" wouldn't even be necessary and spare myself a lot of hassle.
Sure, maybe they can knock it over and break the screen. Just like I could buy an arcade today and the CRT could blow out tomorrow... have fun with that either way.
There's a perfect market for these, and it's a wide one, and I don't think it ruins the fun for either side.

agreed 100%!!!
There is indeed a market for these and as i mentioned in my first post i hope they sell like hotcakes!
If we did not already have the interest, ambition, and time to put towards our commercial vids i think this would be a decent substitute.
However i would not want to fool myself into thinking its the same as a commercial unit and would be disappointed if i was lead to think that these were the real thing.
I think some folks are uninformed about there options when it comes to buying or playing arcade games.
Just for your own thought i dont doubt that you could reuse a Golden Tee, MK, Rampart, Xenophobe, or about 100 other cabinets and create a very nice 3 player Rampage machine. With the ability to play thousands of games. For much less then the dedicated version.

Thanks
Blake

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

If Tempest had a true spinner it would be great, but playing it with a track ball is horseshit.

good example.

thanks
Blake

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’d love to see a rotational joystick game. With ikari warriors, heavy barrel, and S.A.R search and rescue. In one cab

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=409787&highlight=multi+rotary

looks like its still available.

thanks
Blake

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

If Tempest had a true spinner it would be great, but playing it with a track ball is horseshit.

quote earlier from Zennmaster:

"There is an FPGA replacement board for Tempest that is in what I would characterize as "late beta". It's a drop-in replacement for the game PCB, and has room on the SD card to also run Major Havoc and Omega Race. As for the monitor, there is actually a bit of a resurgence right now for color vectors, and there are enough aftermarket parts out there that you could build an entire vector monitor from them. That's if your 6100 is truly too far gone to be bulletproofed, which is pretty far. And yes, Tempest especially looks awful on an LCD. The black just isn't there, even with all kinds of crazy filters and stuff."

Thanks
Blake

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Back to the topic at hand:
As one of those hardcore arcade guys that are all enraged, I am actually ecstatic to see these games show up.
Nothing breaks my heart more than seeing ads on Craigslist for nice Pac Man or Centipede cabinets that have been gutted and then fitted with a cheap JAMMA harness, a cheap LCD screen and a 60-in-1 game board being peddled for $1500.00. If the same customer base can go to Walmart, Target or Gamestop and get a cabinet for a quarter of the price without destroying a recoverable game, then I am all for it.
To me, most multi-game arcade machines are in the exact same category as virtual pinball: Not entirely without value, but definitely not a substitute for the real thing.

Very well said. My sentiments exactly. Nothing more nothing less.

thanks
Blake

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

No one in this forum is buying this thing expecting a 100% commercial vid cabinet substitute. Most of us here are well aware of the differences and own real arcade cabs as well.
But to say these things aren't "good enough" to own without even trying them out yourself is jumping the gun a bit.
I put together a couple of mini-cabs myself running emulation, and they sit in nicely in my game room next to the real arcade games and pins. I would argue that during parties they even get more play than my pins do, and hold up nicely.
Arcade1Up is along those same lines. Not perfect, but good enough, and will sit nicely next to them.
[quoted image]

Nice job on the mini's. You know your cabinet is built 100 times tougher then these so it does not surprise me that they are holding up well. I disagree with you that no one here thinks these vids are like the real thing. They are a substitute and a viable one at that for many people.

Thanks
Blake

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Heard that FPGA board is going to run between $500-$700. Add that to the $800-$1500 Tempests are going for right now, and that's not exactly in the same price-range of these Arcade1Ups. I get it though. Some folks are true pursists, and that's cool. For me though, I'm at the point in this hobby where I prefer to spend less on vids, and put the bulk of my hobby money towards pins.

That was more meant for the gentleman that had a non working tempest and was purchasing one of these as a substitute. Also I think that price range is for working tempests. Non working but complete are closer to the $500 range.

thanks
Blake

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Tempest is one of the few vids I’d love to own, is it a huge nightmare to maintain?

Most of the color vectors are high maintenance if the normal suspects have not been addressed.

Thanks
Blake

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Possibly. Who knows though. This could be the gateway drug for folks not into vids, which could in turn elevate the value of our games. haha
Also... Tempest for $500? I haven't seen one for that cheap in a long time, but man if you see one let me know. I would jump on that!

I almost had a non working but complete one in the boston area about a year ago. It sold for $600. Ive had opportunities to buy them missing the pcb and monitor for $300 but thought another $600 one was around the corner. I'm still waiting lol.

Thanks
Blake

#160 1 year ago

Hey I'm not against someone buying one of these if they know all there options. I just thought it would be beneficial to provide some information I so they can make there own comparisons. I do think it will allow some collectors to get better deals on converted cabs, which is a great thing. I also think that in a year or two people will be putting these up on craigslist for more then they sold for new thinking they are something special. They will drop and drop in price until the owner is begging people to get it out of his basement or garage. Really similar machines have been sold by numerous companies for over 10 years. Where are they now?

Thanks
Blake

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If there is one thing Pinsiders are not good at, it's judging markets.
This product is not marketed towards someone who would build a MAME system. (Those people have already built one).
This product is not marketed towards someone would would allow a used 300 pound arcade cabinet in their living room (Often those cabs smell like cat piss on a hot day).
This product is not marketed towards someone who want's to search for months for a working Vector, or parts to get one working.
This product is not marketed towards someone who needs a genuine WICO trackball to play Centipede with.
This product is not marketed towards someone who worries "Can I get my money back out of this when I sell it? I mean I took a 50% hit when I sold my Air Hockey!!!!"
-
This product is marketed towards someone who will just order it online and have it delivered tomorrow (@ 60 pounds, it's UPS shipable).
This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.
This product is marketed towards someone who is not going to want to do any maintenance like rebuilding joysticks or trackball encoders.
This product is marketed towards someone who want's to show their grandkids what "video games used to be like when I was young"
This product is marketed towards a single mom who can put it together herself, just like her Ikea stuff.
This product is marketed towards someone who might need their wife's approval .
This product is marketed towards someone with enough disposable income to buy it (Hey, it's cheaper than a cellphone), and never give a second thought about it's resale value.

Which is precisely why I'm surprised to hear so many pinheads jumping for joy here. Your list correspondence below:

This product is marketed towards someone who will just order it online and have it delivered tomorrow (@ 60 pounds, it's UPS shipable).
-We like quick shipping-

This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.
-We buy used games 99% of the time so we like the piss smell or at least removing it from said cabinet-

This product is marketed towards someone who is not going to want to do any maintenance like rebuilding joysticks or trackball encoders.
-Nothing creates more maintenance then a steel ball slamming against something. (No need to even argue arcades being more reliable)-

This product is marketed towards someone who want's to show their grandkids what "video games used to be like when I was young"
-If we wanted to do this we would buy the pacman down the block for $100 more-

This product is marketed towards a single mom who can put it together herself, just like her Ikea stuff.
-Some pinheads are female, ill buy that for a dollar.-

-Nobody is on thinner ice with the wife then a pinhead spending 3-5 k per purchase.-

This product is marketed towards someone with enough disposable income to buy it (Hey, it's cheaper than a cellphone), and never give a second thought about it's resale value.
-Most would argue there are no bigger ball busters on price then pinheads. When they're buying its only worth 50% the asking price. When the they're selling its worth double what they bought it. Market changes.-

Thanks
Blake

#167 1 year ago

Unless i forgot what plywood looks and feels like at least 50% of my vids over the years (50+) have been made of it. we have 12 vids in our game room now and other than the occasional musty smell from a cab that has not been cleaned properly our room smells great! if you come across cabs with that smell then sealing them usually does the trick.

thanks
Blake

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm torn. I like the idea of a couple of these cabs (really wish they had 1942 but I see 1944 is their in one) but am also considering a jamma or mame cab that can do more of the games I really enjoy. Isn't the emulation on the jamma's buggy or is that just mame?

jamma stands for (Japanese amusement machine and manufacturing association). it was a way to standardize arcade connections as a whole and was implemented in 1985.

thanks
Blake

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

These things really have the hardcore arcade guys up in arms before anyone has set their hands on them. Usually when I see someone dive so hard into poo pooing something before anyone in public even has possession of one, it's because they feel threatened. Not everyone wants a giant old arcade cab in their house. I can't even fit one in my basement. I think these things are going to sell like crazy, and most likely drive down the prices of the originals a bit. For the average Joe like me, who isn't an arcade elitist, they will be well received. There are a ton more average Joes then arcade elitists out there.
BTW, I just got my bartop kit up and running. It's been a fun project.[quoted image][quoted image]

this is not the first, second or third time a machine like this has come out. if you can fit a pin in your basement you can fit a pacman or donkey kong most likely both for the same amount of space.

the average joe will be excited at first, then realize for just a little more money he can have the real thing. this will haunt him for the year that he owns the kindergarten version. he will join KLOV where he will be blown away by whats readily at his finger tips. he will become addicted to scouring craigslist, facebook, letgo, and local forum members for sale threads. acquiring game after game as he realizes there is no substitute for the real thing. he is no longer the average joe. he is mk3u2012 and he like those before him begins building his dream. the choice is yours joe.

thanks
Blake

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Well, I pre-ordered the Rampage one today. It seems like something fun for for not much money so why not. I always wanted to get some kind of arcade but really don't want to mess with big cabinets. This thing I can just stick upstairs and let the kids have fun with it. It's small size is kind of ridiculous but that's part of the fun.
It would be fun to build something similar with a jamma board with a bunch of games. Don't know much about the arcade stuff. Are there many kits you can get that come with everything?

yes there are a lot of companies providing the DIY experience. some standard with cabinet, decals, cp, power supplies and a multi game board (48 in 1 or more lots of times). then there are more customizing options in which you get to choose the cabinet shape, artwork, monitor size, cp layout, front end loader, emulation menus, exc.

thanks
Blake

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

For games like gauntlet and rampage, I am wondering how much of a point there is in a home environment where you can just continue forever?
I remember pumping lots of quarters into these games and they were fun. Anyone play these games at home, and if so, what do you think?

When it comes to games with continue the best thing to do to try and keep it interesting and fun is to go for a 1CC (one credit completion of the game). This really puts the pressure of not losing a man back in place and tends to keep the overall spirit of the game in check.
Thanks
Blake

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Yeah that makes sense. And I guess what is also cool is that I could play it that way, but the kids could be allowed, say, 2 continues or something like that.

Exactly. There is a whole community of gamers going for 1CC on all sorts of beat em ups, shmups, and rpg type games. And regardless if you get there or not you start keeping track of score like on pins. If your interest continues to grow check out Galloping Ghost arcade. They have all sorts of you tube vids of people 1CC ing games. Also for details on who owns the high score and if its been 1CC check out Aurcade (also owned by galloping ghost). They are now the official record keeper.

Thanks
Blake

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Then the original breaks down because he bought one of those "for only a few hundred more" real deal machines. He's then out $200-$300 for a service call because he has no idea how to fix the game and none of the tech help on KLOV makes any sense to him. So he'll try to learn everything he can about it over the next few months and spend another few hundred bucks on tools and parts to fix his real machines and spend his weekends fixing them, rather than just playing what he originally bought, but at least he'll have the real thing.

Does the help here make any sense to you? If it does I think you will do just fine over on KLOV.
If your not interested in learning about them and the way they work then I would buy yourself the kiddie playset addition.
But your a pin guy so that wouldn't be the case. Now we are back in good standing and your enjoying your piece of history. The way it was intended to be played. Worst case scenario is you don't want to learn and your a little embarrassed when your friends come over and step foot in your game room. Really a win win for both of us.

Thanks
Blake

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Blake, I gotta ask. Do you sell arcades? Are you an arcade tech? Do you build MAME cabinets?
Just curious, you seem to really have something against people buying these over real cabinets. I get that it’s not for you, but you really seem to be trying to discourage people from getting these.
I don’t get it. What’s your motivation?

information is power and you like many others here are uninformed on buying, selling, fixing, and owning arcade machines. If members here really disliked working on machines, spending money on tools and learning about what you need to do to keep them working properly no one here would own a pinball machine. There isn't an OP or arcade owner on planet earth that would tell you vids are more of a headache then pins. I've owned and operated both. I have a game room at home with both. I can tell you with out hesitation that vids are cheaper to buy and fix. and when properly gone through are extremely dependable in comparison to pins. I'm blown away by the lack of knowledge of these coin op machines by fellow pinheads. I've met vid guys who are similar in knowledge on pins but there only gripe is usually price. And you would be hard pressed to sell them a pin made so cheaply as what product we are discussing.

Thanks
Blake

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Blake, reread Vid's post. Just because someone is into pins does not mean they have the same drive and unfettered love for arcade cabs. A lot of people don't want to deal with the 300lb cabinets, hard to find monitors, etc. A lot of people may enjoy an arcade game on occasion, but are not fixated on them and having the real deal like a true enthusiast. I really don't understand how your point of view can be so narrow as to think that just because someone is into pinball, that they surely must have same undying love for original arcade cabs. The world is NOT black and white. You really aren't doing arcade folks any favors with your condescending attitude. I honestly think arcade heads are upset about these 1up cabs because they feel they are going to bring new exposure to their hobby, and drive prices of the originals up ...just like has happened to pinball.

i will let other collectors, ops, and arcade owners speak for themselves as they dont need me to do it for them. im giving you my opinion if you decide to read my posts. if that is condescending to you then thats on you. if someone quotes me in a thread im expecting them to want my opinion as there engaging directly with me.

thanks
Blake

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Did I miss the yes/no answer Blake gave?
I'm not certain if he currently does or does not sell/route/repair arcades as income.
It's not mandatory he submit that information of course, but your question was valid and would put perspective on the responses.

You folks have obviously not met many OP's. They care less about an ORIGINAL DEDICATED arcade machine than the brand of grass seed they use in the spring time.

Thanks
Blake

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm going to take that as a "Yes, he sells or operates arcade machines".

Reread this Jody and it might help to see where I'm coming from.

Which is precisely why I'm surprised to hear so many pinheads jumping for joy here. Your list correspondence below:

-We like quick shipping-

-We buy used games 99% of the time so we like the piss smell or at least removing it from said cabinet-

-Nothing creates more maintenance then a steel ball slamming against something. (No need to even argue arcades being more reliable)-

-If we wanted to do this we would buy the pacman down the block for $100 more-

-Some pinheads are female, ill buy that for a dollar.-

-Nobody is on thinner ice with the wife then a pinhead spending 3-5 k per purchase.-

-Most would argue there are no bigger ball busters on price then pinheads. When they're buying its only worth 50% the asking price. When the they're selling its worth double what they bought it. Market changes.-

Thanks
Blake

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Most of your retorts here are anecdotal at best, but this is exactly what I would expect from an OP. Vid already explained that arcade cabs were made from different materials, hence the cat piss formaldehyde smell. The pacman down the street for $400 probably has issues. These cabs have 3 or 4 games each. Where are you getting 3 or 4 cabs for $300-$400 total? Nowhere. You still didn't answer about being an OP or not...

Jody here is my response to his statement (keep in mind that he is human and not some out of this world intelligence) that he +1 which I'm guessing doesn't mean he disagrees or thought I was wrong.

"Unless i forgot what plywood looks and feels like at least 50% of my vids over the years (50+) have been made of it. we have 12 vids in our game room now and other than the occasional musty smell from a cab that has not been cleaned properly our room smells great! if you come across cabs with that smell then sealing them usually does the trick."

Games out of the box can have issues. and yes for 3-400 dollars there are a world of options awaiting you. Tell me if they are charging anything for Mame these days. There are 48-1 boards (jamma = easy most adaptable configuration ever) that sell on KLOV for $50 every week. Stripped cabinets given away for $100 or less all the time. Empty ones if you want the "low maintenance" flat screen options. Craigslist is in every town if you don't care to join the forum, but I do recommend you join as I think you will like it. Then there is the other plug in play setups that are basically a CP with a multitude of guns, joysticks, buttons, trackballs, exc and thousands of games so you can play whatever whenever. The availability is endless.

thanks
Blake

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I want to know where you find these 300.00 arcade machines???? I can't find a good empty cabinet for that price!

now I know your joking.

Thanks
Blake

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Reporter: "Senator, are you in favor of higher taxes?"
Senator: "Higher taxes builds infrastructure, while lower taxes builds economy. I think we all know which route is needed at this time."
Back on topic:
These cabs are definitely not for everyone. I like the idea, but have basic knowledge of how to use a saw, so I'll spend my $300 differently.
I'm building a MAME cab with my son next week! Bought an X-Arcade Tankstick a looonnnnngggg time ago, came with 8(?) games (That I "own" legally). Plus any legal free games. Let's rock!
FYI, I just purchased some "fancy" led buttons so we're going to actually do that work too. Going with a nice simple Vigolix cab: upped by 1.5 to make it 6 feet tall and 18 inches deep.
Not for everyone, and definitely not order today, deliver tomorrow, play by the third day. I get the convenience of that, I really do.[quoted image]

Yes your starting to see these at shows regularly. Pintastic had a vendor doing something pretty similar, size wise.

Thanks
Blake

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Possibly not. According to many Pinside experts, East Coasters can find everything much cheaper than the rest of the U.S.A.

Well I'll have to chalk up my vid and pin purchases to geography then and consider myself for all these years lucky.

Thanks
Blake

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Nope,not a joke at all! Maybe they are a dime a dozen in your area, but not in my neck of the woods! I have been keep a eye out for a empty cabinet for some time now!

are you on KLOV? Its a great resource for that sort of thing.

Thanks
Blake

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I am a member, but I admit I have not been on KLOV in sometime! I will have to check it out!

yea ill keep my eyes out for you too. Honestly there are a lot of great deals over there on vids.

Thanks
Blake

#211 1 year ago

also here is a pretty cool cocktail close to you for a decent price. probably could get it for $100 less. tons of games.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Thanks
Blake

#212 1 year ago

Heres another in an upright. Maybe throw out $500. He has already swapped out to an LCD.

Thanks
Blake

#213 1 year ago

also if someone wanted a dedicated asteroids this looks to be a good example at a decent price. again its craigslist so who knows what they will actually take but I always offer less.

Thanks
Blake

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I started collecting dedicated arcade games before pinball and still do. For some to say that a midget size novelty with crap controls is threatening to arcade collectors is laughable.

Agreed. I'm not sure where that idea came from.

Thanks
Blake

#219 1 year ago

Who judged who? And wrong fully so I might add. But I don't think id go as far as saying ive lost respect for you or don't care to read your posts as that's why I'm here. Sorry if you feel the opposite.

here is your question:

Blake, I gotta ask. Do you sell arcades? Are you an arcade tech? Do you build MAME cabinets?

Just curious, you seem to really have something against people buying these over real cabinets. I get that it’s not for you, but you really seem to be trying to discourage people from getting these.

I don’t get it. What’s your motivation?

here is my answer:

information is power and you like many others here are uninformed on buying, selling, fixing, and owning arcade machines. If members here really disliked working on machines, spending money on tools and learning about what you need to do to keep them working properly no one here would own a pinball machine. There isn't an OP or arcade owner on planet earth that would tell you vids are more of a headache then pins. I've owned and operated both. I have a game room at home with both. I can tell you with out hesitation that vids are cheaper to buy and fix. and when properly gone through are extremely dependable in comparison to pins. I'm blown away by the lack of knowledge of these coin op machines by fellow pinheads. I've met vid guys who are similar in knowledge on pins but there only gripe is usually price. And you would be hard pressed to sell them a pin made so cheaply as what product we are discussing.

Thanks
Blake

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It came from folks/operators/arcade salesman like yourselves coming on here and constantly telling us how stupid these are and what a mistake it is to buy one.

Yea I joined 4 years ago knowing this thread was going to be created so I could bust your balls about the Nome Arcade Machine.

Thanks
Blake

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

The inability to adjust the operator menu or even the LCD adjustment settings are two big strikes against them. I'm sure the operator menu being "locked" is to prevent people from turning off free play and somehow adding coin mechs/DBVs.
I have to disagree with a few points being brought up:
Size, the amount of square footage saved is nominal
Smell (or lack there of) I've had a myriad of machines, the few that had a smell got a coat of primer inside and that fixed it. Seems like a reach.
Portability, how often are you going to pack them up and take them somewhere?
Break/Fix: These aren't likely to break for a long time, if they do break most of us will be able to fix most of the issues; they don't have a lot of moving parts. I think we need to pull on the reigns a bit until we find out more about what this thing is running and how everything connects up.
There is a market for these machines, but I still think the product has too many issues for that market.
Limited number of games (don't say dedicated cabs only run 1 game, there are lots of multigame cabs that don't use emulation)
no updates/expansions (adding games for a fraction of the price sounds like a good idea to me)
Controls looks super cheap(hopefully easy to swap)
no LCD (adjustments unknown how easy it will be to change LCDs)
no volume knob (I'm sure a potentiometer could be easily added)
Even with the booster seat the CP seems pretty low
The width of Rampage is definitely an issue, and the fact you cant play 3 player gauntlet hurts it too.
All that being said, I think they are still really neat and the kid in me wishes one was an option when I was young.

Good perspective. Every time I speak it insights aggression so ill let someone else talk.
Thanks
Blake

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Incites, goddamnit!
(Goes off to break stuff)

thank you. I always say I'm bad at math and spelling and I got those skills or lack thereof from my mother.

Blake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 24.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside