• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#590 5 years ago

What's wrong with Bed Bath and Beyond?

Also what single mom is gonna spend $300 on this when $100 gets them a tablet for their app zombie kids?

#622 5 years ago

This thing doesn't use HDMI for video or USB controllers which means potentially it should have LESS lag than your average RetroPie cab.

1 month later
#964 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

but there are heavily discounted ones at wal-marts 70ish miles away in small towns. very confusing.

Not confusing at all. Small towns = poorer = people aren't buying $300 Ikea boxes when they can get a tablet or console for same price.

When Rock Band came out you couldn't find any in Madison. So I drove to a small town Wal-Mart and presto there they were!

Clearance is a local thing. Just because it's not selling in one location doesn't mean it can't sell. There's a whole cottage industry called "Retail arbitrage" where people buy stuff on clearance then send to Amazon for resale. If you've ever noticed a longer barcode sticker placed over the original that's where it came from.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Total 225.00 Walmart price 240?
This would be China bulk price. For an individual to make this it would be double or triple.

Take retail price and divide by 3.

#978 5 years ago

For something like the 1up Arcade the space they take on the shelf is the biggest liability.

At $300 might seem like a lucrative item... but you could stock 20 $300 tablets in the same amount of space

3 weeks later
#1231 5 years ago

How do you know Wal-Mart is concerned about these?

2 weeks later
#1535 5 years ago

Cadash or GTFO!

#1550 5 years ago

They should make some of the Konami 4-player games (TMNT, Simpsons and the criminally overlooked Sunset Riders) into 2 player cabinets where you can link them for 4 player.

Like Cadash!

#1565 5 years ago

Aurich, saw this at Portland Retro Gaming Expo last fall.

IMG_20181019_135007 (resized).jpgIMG_20181019_135007 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want a vector arcade game toy that wont take up a bunch of room, get a Vectrex[quoted image]

But can SINGLE MOMS figure out the power cord?

Seriously, what is with people's single moms obsession?

3 weeks later
#2131 5 years ago

This thread got me thinking. There is a single mom I know and she was OBSESSED with Galaga.

I wonder if she bought one of these...

#2136 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Ha, where's the bubble cloud for "Dating".

It would actually say "Find some dude to shack up with me to help pay for the mortgage of the house I won in the divorce"

#2143 5 years ago

I'd like to apologize for making that divorce joke as it triggered politics in this topic.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I watched a YouTube video a couple years ago where this guy went to Walmart stores bought up most of the popular name brand toys that are on clearance, then resold them on amazon for full price. The ROI was pretty decent for the work involved. The barrier for entry was also pretty low, he started with a couple hundred dollars and a good knowledge of what toys were hot enough to resell reasonably quickly.

It's called retail arbitrage. If you've ever gotten something from Amazon with a bar code sticker over the original UPC that's how it was sourced. You also get Amazon's super cheap UPS rates to send what you find to a warehouse. There's apps where you can scan a UPC in store and see how much you'd make per item. Just because something isn't selling in one store and needs to be cleared doesn't mean nobody wants it just not enough in that area.

1 week later
#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Figured that. Does this Arcade1Up compilation have the best of them on it?
Also, I like Hot Shots Golf and Neo Turf Masters. That's my knowledge of golf.

Neo Turf Masters is amazing. After I sold my six slot it's the only cart I kept.

A Neo Geo 1up cab would actually get me interested. All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

More crap you dont need:
Menards has 2 versions of the Portable Atari Flashback 2600 in the clearance section by the fuses for $9.99
One has Centipede on the box, and one has Pacman.
Both say they take an SD memory card to add more games.
Both are slightly different cases, I'm not sure if one is better than the other
[quoted image]

Menards? The home supply store?

I knew they had super cheap food but game consoles?

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They have the best price on made in USA Bussman fuses too.
Atari Flashbacks were on the Clearance end cap; handheld & consoles

Ours has Digorno's pizzas for $5! Just don't read the salt content

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.