• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Kind of reminds me of this...

Just judging by the video in post 24 the joysticks and buttons look more like arcade joysticks and buttons than those. I think they've probably seen those before and saw how those were panned by collectors for being cheaply made. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but it's hard to imagine them not doing something to improve upon those machines.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But are they 1299 discrete games, or are many of them 20 or more each of each SNK fighting game.

You haven't lived until you've played King of Fighters '98 with 4 alternate background colors!

2 weeks later
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There’s no way you’d see TMNT, XMen and Simpsons in one cab together. The licensing would kill it.
Konami has other 4 player games tho, like Crime Fighters/Vendetta, Metamorphic Force and Sunset Riders, that can fill out a cab if Arcade1up manage to get/has the rights to one or more of these franchises. There are also 2 TMNT games so maybe you get a TMNT/Turtles in Time/Sunset Riders cab or an XMen/Metamorphic Force!
Why no love for Bucky O’Hare??

There's also no guarantee that they would be the 4-player versions, since each game also has a 2-player rom version.

1 week later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

this is not the first, second or third time a machine like this has come out. if you can fit a pin in your basement you can fit a pacman or donkey kong most likely both for the same amount of space.
the average joe will be excited at first, then realize for just a little more money he can have the real thing. this will haunt him for the year that he owns the kindergarten version. he will join KLOV where he will be blown away by whats readily at his finger tips. he will become addicted to scouring craigslist, facebook, letgo, and local forum members for sale threads. acquiring game after game as he realizes there is no substitute for the real thing. he is no longer the average joe. he is mk3u2012 and he like those before him begins building his dream. the choice is yours joe.
thanks
Blake

Then the original breaks down because he bought one of those "for only a few hundred more" real deal machines. He's then out $200-$300 for a service call because he has no idea how to fix the game and none of the tech help on KLOV makes any sense to him. So he'll try to learn everything he can about it over the next few months and spend another few hundred bucks on tools and parts to fix his real machines and spend his weekends fixing them, rather than just playing what he originally bought, but at least he'll have the real thing.

1 month later
#491 5 years ago

Gamestop is giving trade bonuses if you trade current-gen game systems toward a 1Up pre-order. $250 if you trade in a PS4, for instance.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade

5 months later
#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Does anyone know of a good graphic to use for a topper that has moves for street fighter or mortal Kombat? I’d like to make marquee toppers for these 2 games.
I also might use a scrolling led sign to add a topper to golden tee also. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=316446&highlight=mortal+kombat+bezel+moves

This guy was big into Mortal Kombat on KLOV. No idea if he's around here now.

This is also neat:
https://www.thisoldgame.com/mortal-kombat/mk-bezel-instructions-decal

1 week later
#2238 5 years ago

I think it’s 4 golden tee games, usually they have 3 courses, so there should be l bit of verity

It's the late 90's era Golden Tee series. My first arcade game was a Golden Tee '97 and when I owned it, I swapped rom chips to change it to '98, '99, and 2K for some variety in the courses. There was also Classic and 3D in that era that were chip swaps as well, but I remember Classic was too pricey at the time since it was the newest version of that era. It's the series that is before the Golden Tee Fore series--similar gameplay, but for not much more money you could get a Golden Tee Complete machine and have about 30 courses. If space is an issue, the Fore series cabinets can be chopped down to a pedestal size. Some older PC monitors can be used for the display or a converter card can allow that era to be plugged into a TV, I think.

Summary: For $300 you can have this version of old Golden Tee or for about the same price you could get the next series newer in a real arcade cabinet.

#2256 5 years ago

Ya, but I’ve owned enough full sized arcades to know that I’m done with them. I have 2 left and might get rid of them in time. This is the Arcade1up fan club; we’re here for the tiny toy machines.

Of course, and I'm certainly in for the Mortal Kombat when it is released, but Golden Tee is a game that requires a bit of room on the control panel to play it properly--a cramped control panel will have you gently rolling the trackball with your thumbs rather than a full "swing through" that is done on a panel with more room. If you're looking for cheap Golden Tee, why not get the trackball that plugs into your TV instead?

2 months later
#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hmm. Very tempting to get an Asteroids for $75, buy the 12 in 1 board and deck from Arcade1up. Cheaper than buying the actual 12 in 1. Would be cool to have a dedicated trackball and spinner.

I have a non-working 12-in-1 board. It's now a spare since they sent me a replacement that booted up fine. Not sure what was wrong with the original board, it never booted for me.

I also have a 12-in-1 complete unit I'd trade for a Mortal Kombat.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Rpi is too slow a processor to have future proofing, guys, I know this is an arcade 1up thread, but those of you on the fence... just spend more money on a full size multi with a good pc and don’t stress over this cheap thin cabinet. I have 2 Arcade1up and they haven’t been turned on in months, our full sized sf2 cabinet gets played every week. And we can add some modern games to it : for instance: Street fighter 4 arcade edition, mr driller, and a ton of fun stuff on steam. With almost every front end software, you can insert any game into the menu lineup.

The problem is using Pi and expecting it to run the games that require something with some decent specs. You could fit an actual computer in the Arcade1up cabinet and do all of the full featured MAME stuff that way.

2 weeks later
#2627 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Fun fact. My parents have owned 3 HD TV's. Their last one that they just got during Black friday last year is 4K. But in the 10 years of having an HDTV, they have yet to have had an HD signal.
They live in such a rural area that there's no HD cable signal. TV service is provided by the local phone company. And they refuse to get Dish or DirectTV. Their internet connection is 2.5mb at best, so they can't even do streaming.

Using an antenna plugged into the coax port gets zero channels?

5 months later
#2762 4 years ago

A few on sale online at Gamestop--some countercades. Star Wars is $429.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=arcade1up&lang=default

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

It has been $399 at Walmart for a couple weeks now.

It would be about equal if paying with a ton of trade credit since there's no tax when using that.

3 years later
#3092 5 months ago

I got the Amazon Pong. Reviews I've read said the top would be better with a plexiglass covering. Any ideas for how that could be done?

#3098 5 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Are you handy?
Do you have a router?

Of course! That's how I connect to the internet.

I don't have tools for cutting plexiglass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=agent_hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.