• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 5 years ago

Today, people just want to revisit games they used to play and most don't care or want an original arcade cabinet. They are just too huge and heavy and play only one ancient game.

I used to be into arcade games in the late 90s to early 2000s but once I discovered emulation I realized I could have "one cab to rule them all". Prior to that I used to have a few JAMMA cabs that I would swap PCBs in and out of to minimize the # of arcade cabinets I had.

Sure, the original games look cool, but my epiphany came when stepping up to my mint, restored Ms Pac I completed and played a game. I was bored into the 2nd maze and wondered why I was taking up that much space for a boring game.

If I was still into arcade games, then I'd certainly consider getting one or two of these systems. They look cool, can move by yourself without help or a handcart and most importantly the gameplay is identical to an original arcade machine.

I don't get arcade collectors anymore - I used to get it back when an original arcade game was the only way to play the game. But don't get the guys who clamor for a $700 Burger Time game or whatever. And that's fine because why should I care?

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Billy Mitchell wouldn't be caught DEAD playing one of these abortions. Am I right? I'm right, right?
Nope.

No, because he'd be called a cheater if he got a hi score.

#285 5 years ago

Those laserdisc games are cool to look at for sure, but the "gameplay" is awful and totally not fun. I run the Daphne emu on my cabinet and will keep it in attract mode since it looks fantastic, but I wouldn't pay for a dedicated system that basically plays cartoon clips.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Oh man, I disagree. I love to play them. I can almost complete Dragon Lair 1. 2 is a different story. I find them really fun and different. I have never been able to get Daphne to run correctly. I just bought a Pi to see if I could get it to run on there. Different strokes I guess.

I'm running Daphne on a PC so that's likely why it runs fine.

Just because I wouldn't pay for one certainly doesn't mean others wouldn't. Heck, the cabinets would like great with full sideart and I'm sure people would buy. But I wonder if those buyers have ever played Dragons Lair since it was released in the arcade? It's an elaborate and expensive memory game designed to eat two quarters at a time (first game in my local arcades to be .50 to play instead of a quarter).

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The problem with MAME cabinets is getting the roms. It is for me at least. Have been having a heck of a time getting just the ones I want. I don't want to download 128GB image files. I'm really considering the Street Fighter cabinet, but even for as small as it is, I really don't have any room for it.

This goes for anyone interested - send me a 2TB (at least) hard drive (internal or external) and $70 and I'll send you back a fully configured Hyperspin setup with all the emulators and roms. You don't need to use Hyperspin if you prefer another front end or just need all the roms, but it's there and fully configured. Only changes you'd need to do is go into each emulator and configure it for your controls.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

You guys are all free to spend your money how you'd like

Thanks!

#333 5 years ago

This thread seems to have the right audience for this jukebox/gaming system I built and going to list for sale or trade.

- Jukebox software has over 20,000 songs and several thousand music videos.

- Hyperspin configured with thousands of games. All the games for the following system are installed. Play the games from any emulator using a USB SNES gamepad I have configured. Play all the MAME trackball games using the trackball on the kiosk. Actually be able to play all trackball, spinner and driving games using the trackball.

MAME
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Genesis
Sega Master System
Daphne (laserdisc games)

- Android game system with Play Store access. Hundreds of Android touchscreen games are already installed and you can use the Google Play Store to download any game you'd like to play.

- Connect the kiosk to your home wifi and stream Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, TV shows, Spotify, Pandora, Sirius, etc. It's a full 23" touchscreen PC installed in the kiosk, so you can do whatever you'd like - you're not limited to the installed games and jukebox. I use the kiosk as an extra TV in the gameroom. I'll play pinball while watching football or whatever.

- HDMI input in the kiosk so you can connect any home game systems like Xbox, Playstation and use the kiosk as a dedicated TV for your games. Connect a cable box to the HDMI and you have a full 23" TV with remote.

- USB ports installed on the front of the kiosk to easily connect the gamepad, other controllers, USB sticks, etc. Additional USB ports available inside the kiosk as well.

-Audio output is a 1/8" audio cable that you can plug into your own speakers, receiver, sound system, etc.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/l0lG8mBFQDYr3IhB3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4AlHslhwnH2adzq02
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JvfOIjuAVfnzhHCE3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ogsWisstkREANf0D2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vvfRy8s5QeLyg1XD3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iDPyVeQI3lTWCIpu2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/w9Gp20QqwqtFYn9a2

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Someone's going to have to explain arcade punks to me. I guess I don't understand it. Like I said, I don't want to download gigs worth of image files. I want to download only the games I want.
And I'm putting them on a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie. So I'm not sure what Hyperspin is and if that even works for RetroPie.

I have a few RetroPie images fully loaded, but never tried them out myself since I stick to PC builds. I'll see how large they are and host them if you want.

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from voltron88x:

Interested too Hunting ROMs sucks

I can't host the RetroPie images because they are 100gb each. I have two of them, Ratty Dave v2 and NoInputs128 (if those names mean anything to you).

4 months later
#1418 5 years ago

Very smart of Arcade1up to make cocktail cabinets since the main complaint was the low height of the uprights.

1 month later
#2168 5 years ago

Galaga cabinets on clearance at a Walmart in Sterling, VA for $74.99

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hot damn! Do they have the SF2 cab too?

Yes, but full price. $199 in Charles Town, WV

#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Based on??
Cuz this is what it looks like...
Don't see any clearance areas where they might be (b/c no Galahad in that pile)[quoted image]

I saw it listed on Brickseek when searching my area, so I wasn't actually in the store. Did you find one?

1 year later
7 months later
#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

4 players playing warlords is a lot of fun.

I find it difficult enough to play those ancient Pong games, let alone finding 3 other people to play them with me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=PoMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.