• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oaken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2263 5 years ago

FYI, just purchased a pair of first gen cabinets and decided to contact Arcade1Up about the protectors. They stated that they ended the free protector program March 1st and now you have to purchase them.

Oh well, would have never thought to even ask if it wasn't for this forum, so not much loss on my part I guess.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How much are they charging?

Think it was $16.99

1 month later
#2409 4 years ago

Might check Target stores near you. Around here they had the street fighters on clearance a few months back.

1 week later
#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Black inset knob (personal choice)
Energy storage cylinder (a must)
Screwdriver free install (yup)

Agree on the energy cylinder and screwdriver free upgrades. I skipped the cylinder at first and immediately regretted it. Ended up ordering the part separately. An absolute must.

9 months later
#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Whats the typical cost to upgrade to a raspberry pi set up?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

100-200
Depending on the grade of hardware and such

Sounds about right for my Amazon shopping list.

For double the cost you can pay someone local or on Etsy to pretty much do everything for you. (Including drilling extra holes).

#2912 4 years ago

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.

Thoughts?

#2916 4 years ago

That is a good point...but kids are young still and we are small people...

5 months later
#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Asked in another thread but thinking now that this might be the better place for it. Anyone have experience with this mod? https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1up-mod-kit-bundle/
I've been looking at it for a month. Mixed reviews from some of the arcade forums but not sure if it's just people being picky or bad product. I just want something that is fairly plug and play to turn my SF2 into a MAME cab. I know I can build my own but I did all that with VP. This time I value my time more and just want it all ready to go for me.

If you are willing to spend more, there are higher quality plug and play kits.

Tulsa Arcades (if in stock). Nice quality stuff. Availability is an issue. If you are willing to wait 10 weeks (yuck) they are at the sweet spot of quality and price.

https://www.tulsaarcades.com/arcade-store.html#/

X99 Lives Arcade. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

https://99livesarcade.com/store

——————————————————

Diy retro arcade is less plug and play but decent reviews, including by pinsiders. If you don’t want to go retropie, these seem like the folks to use.

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/

3 months later
#3007 3 years ago

Hurray. Was waiting for a driver. Ugh that it is that driver though.

Can’t wait for a mod kit to turn this into Sugar Rush from Wreck It Ralph

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’m glad they are making a driver and I think it will be a good seller for them.
I’m going to wait for them to come out with a newer game that can link to another unit. I feel like they started with an older one player game because if they came out with this AFTER making a more modern linked game they wouldn’t sell near as many of these

I love your optimism!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oaken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=Oaken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.