• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago

Ugh the one with 1944 is delayed! They have plans to do many more games, including TMNT.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I pre-ordered a SFII and I'm curious to see how sturdy it is. I'd like to attach a french cleat and get it mounted on the wall. These are only 60 lbs or so, I'm just worried about the cabinet pulling apart.

I'm either going to mount a shelf to the wall, or make a sturdy L bracket to put under it. Or just buy the riser for $39 if Walmart gets them.

#75 5 years ago

The hardcore arcade people all hate them with a passion already. So they must be cool.

1 week later
#80 5 years ago

I wound up ordering one of these kits...its just a hair more than the cost of two of these if you get the custom side graphics with it, but has the ability to hold an infinite number of games. Also sports a 22" monitor instead of 17".

https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/bartop-arcade-kit-deluxe/

GRS-Bartop-Arcade-Deluxesma (resized).jpgGRS-Bartop-Arcade-Deluxesma (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are you sure about that? Reading the description it doesn't come with a monitor or computer unless you buy their "Plug and Play" pack which brings the cost up to $1000.
Base kit - $219
Add Controls - $89 (you're going to want the Sanwa Kit)
Graphics installed - $129
Bezel to frame the TV - $25
Need a computer to run it - Guts Pack - $229
That's $691 and still doesn't show to come with the monitor. Looks like all you get with their kit is the wood shell and the rest is add ons.

I did install myself graphics (super easy), so it was $629 shipped. You can pick up a refurb 22" widescreen for around $50, but I opted for a new Acer LED for $79 shipped at Walmart.com. So for $708, I have a 22" screened machine that will play a couple thousand games, instead of paying $599 for two mini 17" screen arcade cabs I had preordered that will play 6-8 games. (I had preordered Street Fighter and Rampage)

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I kinda like the look of the whole set together. I wonder if they will have expansion packs of games to add to the cabinets? (I doubt it). Will they make more cabinets eventually? (I’d like golden tee or mortal kombat). What are the internal components? Are the joysticks and buttons custom smaller stuff, or off the shelf common components? If something breaks I want to be able to fix it.
Is this a SoC design that’s emulating the games (well or poorly), or is it something like a raspberry pi that can be hacked and have games added to the cabinet. Just like the nintendo classic; with its ability to play the whole collection.
How are the controls and monitor connected? I highly doubt it will be a Jamma connection, but I wonder if you could connect a pandora’s Box or game elf vertical box.

They have more machines planned for 2019. Turtles was one they specifically mentioned as a possibility.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I am curious how 3 or 4 adults will fit at the controls and have a good view of the screen.

Ever play Twister?

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Kind of an unfair comparison. One is completely licensed and the other is not. Do you own a physical copy of those couple thousand games you are installing on your custom built machine?

Oh Pinside...

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I guess the answer is no

Sorry, I don't need to come on public forums to flaunt my moral high ground.

#113 5 years ago

It wouldn't make business sense to put all 3 of those in one cabinet. There is enough demand to sell Turtles and Simpsons on their own, and probably X-men as well.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'd feel alot better if it attached to that riser thing... still, looks pretty legit for what it is.

The riser appears to have a nesting feature for the cab. The part showing the guy lifting the cab onto it made the cab seem fairly heavy. This is a good thing.

#171 5 years ago

These things really have the hardcore arcade guys up in arms before anyone has set their hands on them. Usually when I see someone dive so hard into poo pooing something before anyone in public even has possession of one, it's because they feel threatened. Not everyone wants a giant old arcade cab in their house. I can't even fit one in my basement. I think these things are going to sell like crazy, and most likely drive down the prices of the originals a bit. For the average Joe like me, who isn't an arcade elitist, they will be well received. There are a ton more average Joes then arcade elitists out there.

BTW, I just got my bartop kit up and running. It's been a fun project.

20180814_161503 (resized).jpg20180814_161503 (resized).jpg20180814_180437 (resized).jpg20180814_180437 (resized).jpg
#192 5 years ago

Blake, reread Vid's post. Just because someone is into pins does not mean they have the same drive and unfettered love for arcade cabs. A lot of people don't want to deal with the 300lb cabinets, hard to find monitors, etc. A lot of people may enjoy an arcade game on occasion, but are not fixated on them and having the real deal like a true enthusiast. I really don't understand how your point of view can be so narrow as to think that just because someone is into pinball, that they surely must have same undying love for original arcade cabs. The world is NOT black and white. You really aren't doing arcade folks any favors with your condescending attitude. I honestly think arcade heads are upset about these 1up cabs because they feel they are going to bring new exposure to their hobby, and drive prices of the originals up ...just like has happened to pinball.

#197 5 years ago

I'm going to take that as a "Yes, he sells or operates arcade machines".

#199 5 years ago

Most of your retorts here are anecdotal at best, but this is exactly what I would expect from an OP. Vid already explained that arcade cabs were made from different materials, hence the cat piss formaldehyde smell. The pacman down the street for $400 probably has issues. These cabs have 3 or 4 games each. Where are you getting 3 or 4 cabs for $300-$400 total? Nowhere. You still didn't answer about being an OP or not...

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Agreed. I'm not sure where that idea came from.
Thanks
Blake

It came from folks/operators/arcade salesman like yourselves coming on here and constantly telling us how stupid these are and what a mistake it is to buy one.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

ok... so you want a lit up marquee...
things to consider and to make happen...
light and power... the cab has a proprietary power source, so you're going to either have to tap into that, or have a power strip in the cab to provide AC to both the cab and light.
plexi / backlight marquee... I don't believe the existing marquee is translucent and the existing marquee is not going to be a standard size, you're going to have to make or order something special, and to do it right where it looks correct is $$

Gameroom solutions should make a retrofit kit for these...it is right up their alley. They already offer translucent marquee printing. They also sell a 12v LED strip kit with power supply to backlight it. You will still need to get your 12v power supply tapped into 110vAC somewhere.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Between this and some of the mame cabs I see in the game room pics thread it blows my mind the quality of vids some of you guys are willing to put next to your $50,000+ pin collection (with an extra $5,000+ in mods). I don't think there is any doubt from anyone that's into vids or been around vids much these are going to be garbage. You will certainly get what you pay for.
Imagine going into someone's game room and seeing immaculately restored vids and then one of these hunks of junk sitting in the lineup. Think about how absurd it would be for someone to sink money into modifying it and trying to upgrade it. The only difference is in this case the real deal or a good quality item is only a few hundred dollars more, not thousands.
Really should be a pic of a zizzle or something but the point remains the same and I can't figure out how to change pictures on mobile .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Considering the gameplay is identical to that of the full size, the comparison to a Zizzle is laughable at best. Sure, if you are putting games in your game room just to be a show-off of how much money you presumably have, that's fine. But again, your condescension is clouding your vision and not allowing you to see what market these are actually targeting. To think that someone cares about vids as much as their pins, is another narrow minded POV. I am sure there are vid fans with restored cabs who may have a ratty pin as well, because it is fun for them...not their main focus. Why is this so hard for some people?

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Someone's going to have to explain arcade punks to me. I guess I don't understand it. Like I said, I don't want to download gigs worth of image files. I want to download only the games I want.
And I'm putting them on a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie. So I'm not sure what Hyperspin is and if that even works for RetroPie.

It is actually more work to pluck individual games out of an image, than to just download it, install, and let it be. You will need some kind of system to load the games/emulators. That is where Hyperspin comes in. Here is a tutorial on how to setup Hyperpie on Raspberry pie. Hyperpie and Hyperspin both do the same thing. https://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperpie-setup/

#371 5 years ago

Most games were around $22-24. Later they were starting to approach the $29-34 price. The Activision games came out all priced at $19. It was one of their selling points. Pac-Man in '82 was $34.99 from the research I have done. This is all pre-crash. $34.99 in January '82 is $93.50 in current money.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

And now you can get a 20 MB zip file that has every 2600 game ever made and play any of them on a emulator on a PC or a 35$ R Pi. So I have heard.

We apparently aren't allowed to mention Raspberry Pie in here.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

But, is 5 worth $1500???

People waste more money on dumber things. Enough gaming stations that 5 people can have fun simultaneously? $1500 isn't bad. I sold a Raven for $1400 once, so....

#434 5 years ago

If that dart board is regulation height, the bullseye is 5 foot 8 inches off the floor.

2 weeks later
#483 5 years ago

I can list one on eBay for $48,000, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

1 week later
#499 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Probably someone like me. I bought a PS4, GTA and Gran Turismo. I missed playing GT and GTA from my college days and wanted to get back into them. They botched GT by not allowing you to customize the cars as you did in the past and I hate the gameplay of the new GTA. Like the story line but hate the controls and how I can't customize them to meet my needs (have to pick from per-determined settings).
So at the end of the day i spent a lot of cash for a console and 2 games that i played 2 weeks and has bend sitting in a cabinet collecting dust for a year now

You just need one of these setups

20180910_173540 (resized).jpg20180910_173540 (resized).jpg
#515 5 years ago

I wound up pulling the plug on my order this week. The more i've been messing with NESpie, the less I feel I need to dive into these at the moment. Maybe next year though, as it sounds like they may have some good titles in the future lineup.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

^ nice!
So it's an AllWinner A13 CPU @ 1ghz
Interesting idea that all the games are already flashed into memory, and solder blobs are deciding what it boots up into

And if it really is solder blobs, some creative person should be able to hook a selector switch up to it.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

RetroPie step by step installation

Retropie is where it is at, but the ready made images and ROMS are getting harder to come by with the recent crackdown. But hell, my one image has 8,350 games on a $26 125 gb micro SD.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

He doesn't look photoshopped in. But it does look like there's been a window or something photoshopped out. That wall to his right has obviously been photoshopped.
The tell for him actually being there is the reflection. It's too good for someone to have photoshopped him.

It's taken at an odd angle, like it was taken from the floor. It's the same crap girls on Tinder do when they are not confident about their chest size or extra chins...they take a picture from above their head to exaggerate/hide things.

1 week later
#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Already 600+ on craigs and ebay

Yet all the Walmarts seem to have stock on the shelves.

Kinda like thst guy in MD selling a GoG pro and a Stern SW pro in working condition for the bargain price of 7k each.

FB_IMG_1539780592761 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539780592761 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#726 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This is the 2nd pic of a machine with one of those Walmart skeeballs next to them...guess they are popular.
Nice riser for a 20 min scrap wood project...wouldn’t of even noticed the difference if you didn’t point it out.

I got one of those skee balls for 200 shipped via Jet.com... Walmart charges you $45 for shipping... Really good deal if you have kids or have parties with non-pinhead. Looks nice for being particle board. But it's much cheaper quality than real deal obviously.

2 weeks later
#811 5 years ago

Does Walmart price match a gamestop sale price?

1 week later
#919 5 years ago

Some Walmarts are discounting down to $75 and $150 already!!!

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What .... where at

I'm seeing photos in a FB group of both prices in California stores.

#927 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1543572438093 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1543572438093 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1543572443222 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1543572443222 (resized).jpg
#945 5 years ago

Kohls generally has pretty competitive pricing overall. A while back, I bought a Dyson on sale, then rolled the $50 Kohls cash into a PS4, then rolled the $50 Kohls cash from the PS4 into a second controller. If you know you are buying some larger ticket items, they can often times edge out the competition after you apply the Kohls cash.

#955 5 years ago

Pacman and Galaga are both $199 in Harrisburg, PA.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The one at Mushroom Hill Road?

The ghetto one by Rutherford.

#974 5 years ago

I strongly doubt Walmart is paying over $150-$175 for these. Which means cost to 1up is probably in the neighborhood of $75...which may even be a bit high.

1 month later
#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks for the input.

Hilarious . Sorry some of us don't want to waste time screening 30+ pages looking for opinions. Easier just to ask and save time sometimes. Thanks again for your help.

Die hard arcade fans want to kill them with fire, and consider them the herpes of the arcade world. The other 99.98% of people who buy them seem to be enjoying them when used as intended. If your machines do not come with the plastic protector, call customer service and ask for one. They will send you one for free, and your artwork on the control surfaces will not wear off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.