• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#816 5 years ago

So i picked up one of the new cabaret sized cabinets....

20181118_130431~4 (resized).jpg20181118_130431~4 (resized).jpg
#819 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats looks great!
You did an excellent job attaching and painting your riser sides so they blend in seamlessly with the existing cabinet. I also like how you re-purposed the original front panel with the game logos as the angles piece that goes under the control panel.
What is the new height of your control panel?
I want to do something similar with mine except put a mini fridge in it so the front panel of the cabinet is the door of the fridge. Still deciding the best way to extend the sides and still make it sturdy considering the front needs to be totally open for the fridge door. The fridge I got just fits within the width of the cabinet so I can't add much material thickness on the inner sides where my riser attaches to the existing cabinet.
For those who don't know, here's what his game looked like before he gave it a growth spurt.
[quoted image]

Thanks man. I'm not sure what the CP height is, but i took the whole thing up 14". It plays really well at this height. I do need to find some "whiter" paint. If you look closely, the paint doesn't quite match the side art. I've got some green t-molding and a coin for ordered as well. Next will be a backlit marquee.

#821 5 years ago

How much time and money do you think I'm spending? So far, using scraps of wood and a can of paint i already had, I'm at a whopping 0.00 project cost.

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok, you got me there
You’re in time,
And if you do light up marquee, I’ll be interested in the expense for sure.
How’s the trackball? Does it feel correct like a happ?

Hour building the thing, hour grafting it to the cabinet, more or less. It was an easy job and the time i sacrificed would've been spent doing other meaningless things like playing games. The marquee...more leftover scraps, 20 bucks for a marquee, ten bucks for an led strip. Certainly not an expensive project. Buying an original would've been nice, but $300 Centipedes aren't exactly popping out of the woodwork around these parts. Plus, with 3 arcade machines and 2 pins already, space is a premium. This thing was small, cheap and readily available.

The trackball needed a few drops of oil, but other than that, works well. It feels like your run of the mill 2" trackball. Nothing special, but does the job.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Can I ask, where did you put the oil and what type of oil did you use?
My trackball feels great right now, but it will be good to know how to apply the oil if it ever needs it.

I used a synthetic oil called liquid bearings. The rollers don't have ball bearings like a normal trackball. They have plastic bushings on each end of the roller. Put a small drop on these. Make sure you use a synthetic oil that won't break down plastic.

#846 5 years ago

While the fiance is out fighting through waves of idiots in stores, i had some time to put on some green t-molding. I'll do around the cp too.

IMG_20181122_195317 (resized).jpgIMG_20181122_195317 (resized).jpg
#882 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Need one with:
Mad Planets
Astro Blaster
Black Widow
Lady Bug
Satan's Hollow
Espial
...and of coarse... Jump Bug!

Mad planets would suck with the God awful spinner they use

#883 5 years ago

Working on the marquee...

20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183053 (resized).jpg20181126_183053 (resized).jpg
#888 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I hate this, some idiot on Ebay trying to pass this off as an Original game. He could have least tried to lower the pricing or remove box from background as he deceives the potential buyer.
see
ebay.com link » 1979 Original Asteroid Machine

Dudes trolling

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Your marquee looks amazing! How’d you do it?

Had a place print out a a marquee in a smaller size and cut a custom frame.

IMG_20181126_184225_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20181126_184225_01 (resized).jpg
#949 5 years ago
20181130_173429~2 (resized).jpg20181130_173429~2 (resized).jpg
#996 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

This stuff is great. I bought some to use on the trackball and on an antique wall clock. The clock hasn't worked for months despite my previous efforts to lubricate it. The clock has now been running for over 12 hours. Going to work on the trackball this afternoon. I expect good results.
I also lubed the motor bearings for a humidifier that I'd previously lubed about a month ago with silicone spray, and the wheel for my daughter's hedgehog. The humidifier motor spins faster now, and the hedgehog runs faster.

It is good stuff. I've rebuilt a couple clocks and used it for bearing oil. It's also great for servicing turntables.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

The lexan has protective wrap on both sides. Joystick has to be removed . I had blue loc tite on mine. Used vice grips and a cloth .
Looks same as a playfield protector. Shiny. Thanks Arcade 1 up.
[quoted image]

How's the fitment around the buttons and switches? Normally, they'd mount over the plexi.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if they’d send out a sticker for the marquee if you complain that it’s damaged. Stick it onto some plastic, put some leds behind it and boom, you’ve got a light up marquee.

I doubt they would. Probably send you the whole marquee and make you ship the old one back. You can however get a custom sized marquee on eBay for around 15 bucks and an led strip for around 10. That's the route i went for the backlit marquee.
20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg

#1070 5 years ago

Christ. I'm almost at 6 weeks since calling. Maybe i need to call again.

#1087 5 years ago

Looks like Centipede has breakout and Liberator built in as hidden games.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Received my control panel protector and new artwork today for my 12 in 1. Requested it on 11/26.

Got mine as well. Requested it on 11/1. I'm a little annoyed that the fitment is less than stellar. Oh well, i guess. Its better than nothing.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do they cost $$$?

No they don't. Are you implying that i shouldn't be annoyed because they are free? Because the game i put it on, with the faulty CP wasn't free.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Um, no. I have a SF coming and wanted to know how to order one. Should've asked the poster above, I guess.

Ah, sorry man. Shoot their customer service email and they'll tell you what to do.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

My thoughts were to get one of those custom sized marquees off of Ebay cheap (just had a tmnt one done for $15) and place a sheet of EL paper behind it. Use L brackets to.secure the "sandwich" in place. I think this would make a convincing backlit marquee and not change the look of the cab cosmetically. I'm sure I could find the necessary voltages inside or just use the power strip idea inside the cab.

The backlit marquee is very easy to do. Either cutout the centre of the existing marquee or or build your own out of 1/2" ply. There's enough room inside the cabinet as is to mount an led strip. Add a $15 eBay marquee in the appropriate size and some 90 degree edging from Lowe's and done.

20181219_165835 (resized).jpg20181219_165835 (resized).jpg
#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I am so doing this!!!
Is your LED the 110v cabinet strip? How did you supply the power?

I just bought a cheap 12" length of under cabinet led strip. Right now, there's just an extension cord running into the back of the cab to power the game and lighting. At some point, I'll hard wire it into the games power supply. If you go this route, do yourself a favor and get the optional dimmer, unless you like being blinded while playing....

Screenshot_2018-12-19-17-36-35 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-19-17-36-35 (resized).png
#1145 5 years ago

Stickers on wood.

The led strip i used uses a 12v power supply. I'd assume there's a 12v supply in there somewhere(trackball maybe?). After the holidays, I'll tear into it.

#1166 5 years ago

Horse=beaten. The buzzards have ripped its flesh from its bones and the worms have eaten what's left.

#1223 5 years ago

Are these full sized cocktails?

#1245 5 years ago

Hope that soldering iron isn't on

#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah looks like
Serious junk I’d have no interest.
But damn this thread has legs!! People love cheap garbage.

As someone who also owns "real" arcade machines and pins, i like my cheap garbage arcade1up machine just fine.

#1256 5 years ago

50 year old dudes who take video game collecting way too seriously, getting sore over cheap reproductions for the masses and can't wait to come in here and tell you about how sore they are. Think that sums it up.

#1299 5 years ago

Man, gorf and Tron in one cabinet. Looks like I'll be investing in another one of these things.

1 week later
#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Oh, and I am going to need to get a new spinner pronto. I was hoping someone would give feedback about the Spintrak. It looks like it will have to be me

There's a direct replacement in the works on the Facebook group.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

What type of ball are they putting in the currently released 12 game centepedes?

Generic, no bearings on the rollers Chinese trackball. It works fairly well, but it's no happ.

1 week later
#1655 5 years ago

Does the 1up spinner have an encoder wheel, or does it use a pot, like a paddle controller?

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Crap -- the paint on my Centipede control panel has started to rub off. I've ordered a plastic protector, but I'm still a few weeks away from getting one. I thought I read that the protectors come with reproduction graphics printed on the back side. Is that right? If so, I'll feel a little better.

They do, but the fitment is hit or miss. The artwork they sent me didn't line up to the existing cp very well. I'd try and protect what you have until the plexi overlay gets there.

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This entire thread is sacreligiuos; I'm heading back to KLOV...
I get it, you guys like that these are novel, shrunken semi-accurate representations of the real thing; but they aren't....Playing street fighter on a control panel that has barely enough room for one player to comfortably play, let alone two; on a cabinet that rocks back and forth when you throw fireballs is BS...And LCD's in an Arcade cab are poop, period.

Let it go, man.

#1856 5 years ago

Speaking of klov, i don't think I've logged in there since these things have hit the market. I bet those guys are all walking around with full on rage boners over the 1up cabinets.

#1882 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Odd thing with the Atari Flashback 9, there are a few paddle games, but the real Atari paddles don't seem to work with it.
I don't see any "secret" Flashback paddles for sale on their website.
I mean, if I can't get it working, what's a single mom supposed to do?

That's strange. My Atari paddles work fine with the flashback 8 gold.

1 week later
#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

from an eBay seller. broadstreetdecals.

That's the same seller that did my Centipede marquee. His stuff is very good for the price. Usually the cheaper marquees look washed out when lit. His look great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=Jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.