• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.
#1 5 years ago

FILE UNDER: Crap You Don't Need

Walmart has these brand new Arcade Cabs with 2 to 4 games in each one. Build your own mini-arcade.

Note that even though it's free 2 day shipping, these don't ship until September.

Rampage $299

Includes:
Rampage
Gauntlet
Joust
Defender

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rampage-Arcade/114274755

-

Galaga $299

Includes:

Galaxian
Galaga

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Arcade/595505982

-
Centipede $299

Includes:
Centipede
Missle Command
Crystal Castle
Millipede

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Centipede-Arcade/617089098

-

Asteroids $299

Includes:
Asteroids
Major Havoc
Lunar Lander
Tempest

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Asteroids-Arcade/828150107

=
Street Fighter $299

Includes:
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II The New Challengers
Street Fighter II Turbo

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.44d63346322348d6ab5fee320f65f582 (resized).png0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.44d63346322348d6ab5fee320f65f582 (resized).pngad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.428af0e4aab3e44a12b5d8c920772d16 (resized).pngad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.428af0e4aab3e44a12b5d8c920772d16 (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

just a heads up - these are very small. Not full size although I'm sure someone will be able to figure out how to hack them to play more than just those games!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just a heads up - these are very small. Not full size although I'm sure someone will be able to figure out how to hack them to play more than just those games!

They sell a riser if you want them full height.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They sell a riser if you want them full height.

yeah - that just makes the cab higher. I think this price is really good btw, but just so people don't think it's close to or a full size...

#6 5 years ago

You could put all the horizontal games in one cab, and all the vertical monitor games in the other.

#7 5 years ago

Here it is with riser

kmm, (resized).jpgkmm, (resized).jpg
#8 5 years ago

Booo.... no coindoor. Not a real arcade game.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Booo.... no coindoor. Not a real arcade game.

They can't put coindoors on them because in many cities, it is illegal to have any coin-op devices in a home.

This is Walmart, remember....

#10 5 years ago

If you thought Ikea was bad....

#11 5 years ago

Question is what's the actual structure of it. Is it cheap paperboard like those prior home model games? I really like the cabaret-ish size.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They can't put coindoors on them because in many cities, it is illegal to have any coin-op devices in a home.

But.. But... MMr wasn't a real coinop game... because CCG couldn't be bothered to install coin mechs.
How soon we forget. :duck and cover:

#13 5 years ago

Looks like it will be available from Bed Bath And Beyond as well. I don’t see it on their site yet, but might be able to use a 20% coupon on it.

I am assuming these will be cheap lower quality cabinets. But I like the small size.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I was wondering how they were so cheap, and now I know

Also, Idk if it's a pricing error or what, Walmart is selling these for $100 less than Game Stop

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Question is what's the actual structure of it. Is it cheap paperboard like those prior home model games? I really like the cabaret-ish size.

I'm sure it's the same particle board like everything else that assembles with those wood dowels & cams at Ikea.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah it looks super-cheap and crappy, but that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!

#17 5 years ago
miniarcade (resized).jpgminiarcade (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago

Pretty cool for a little kid's playroom I guess, but I don't see how an adult would want to sit & play on that.

#19 5 years ago
44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a0792.jpg44694a16d9452850aa77b4d876206f73d1e4a0792.jpg
#20 5 years ago

Swillie that picture was absolute perfection.

#21 5 years ago

Lol, I thought it was cool that they were small, but when seen in perspective like that it changes everything.

#22 5 years ago

Put it next to your kiddie urinal.

Sanitary-Ware-Ceramic-Children-Urinal-for-Kindergarten (resized).pngSanitary-Ware-Ceramic-Children-Urinal-for-Kindergarten (resized).png
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here it is with riser

I thought it looked a little tall with the riser, until I saw that last picture!!!!!

#24 5 years ago

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like the whole video was spliced here for some dumb reason....

Check out the major glitch in Street Fighter II at the 44 second mark in the E3 video. Looks like crap emulation. No thanks:

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check out the major glitch in Street Fighter II at the 44 second mark in the E3 video. Looks like crap emulation. No thanks:

That's not a glitch in the emulation, it's a splice in the video. Watch the guy playing the game - all of the footage jumps.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That's not a glitch in the emulation, it's a splice in the video. Watch the guy playing the game - all of the footage jumps.

I see it now. The guy playing jumps back on screen, too. I was too focused on the screen. Why would they edit a video of gameplay WHILE HE'S PLAYING?!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. What’s the reasoning behind it? Are they afraid someone is going to run an underground arcade out of their basement?

#28 5 years ago

definitely crap no one needs,

wheres Peter Dinklage when you need him

#29 5 years ago

My first thought is hacking that, the price is good. This would be assuming it is a playable form factor with riser. I have been trying to figure out a way to make a full MAME setup somewhat on the cheap. Cabinets kits are expensive, such as $750 here: https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/32-arcade-cabinet-kit/

If the controls are decent quality it would be good, you would have the control panel all done. Seems doubtful though, they probably are cheap ones which would need to be replaced. If the trackball on the one version is actually a good one that would be a bonus.

You could set this up for both vertical and horizontal games, the monitor is basically square.

It appears to me that the black box on the back of the monitor is its power supply. The ribbon cable connects to the control panel box. I am assuming the mini-PC or whatever it is is inside the control panel. Need to get that control panel ripped open and find out whats in there.

#30 5 years ago

Kind of reminds me of this...

IMAG0163 (resized).jpgIMAG0163 (resized).jpgIMAG0164 (resized).jpgIMAG0164 (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

Interesting concept. Curious as well on how hard it would be to add more games. Wonder if a jamma board would work in one.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. What’s the reasoning behind it? Are they afraid someone is going to run an underground arcade out of their basement?

Yep.

Watch the movie "the space invaders", there is a guy that the city made him remove all coin-op from his house.

Walmart is in every city, so it could have been breaking the law by selling them without registration in some places.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Interesting concept. Curious as well on how hard it would be to add more games. Wonder if a jamma board would work in one.

As long as the board can drive a LCD monitor.

Old arcade games were 300 pounds of cabinet and CRT tube.

CRT tubes were as deep as they were wide, so that made for a deep cabinet to protect the glass neck.

Here, the game could be even thinner from front to back, because the LCD does not have much thickness.

A thin game cab could be made that would be anchored to the wall, preventing it from tipping over.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Just judging by the video in post 24 the joysticks and buttons look more like arcade joysticks and buttons than those. I think they've probably seen those before and saw how those were panned by collectors for being cheaply made. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but it's hard to imagine them not doing something to improve upon those machines.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

My first thought is hacking that, the price is good. This would be assuming it is a playable form factor with riser. I have been trying to figure out a way to make a full MAME setup somewhat on the cheap. Cabinets kits are expensive, such as $750 here: https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/32-arcade-cabinet-kit/
If the controls are decent quality it would be good, you would have the control panel all done. Seems doubtful though, they probably are cheap ones which would need to be replaced. If the trackball on the one version is actually a good one that would be a bonus.
You could set this up for both vertical and horizontal games, the monitor is basically square.
It appears to me that the black box on the back of the monitor is its power supply. The ribbon cable connects to the control panel box. I am assuming the mini-PC or whatever it is is inside the control panel. Need to get that control panel ripped open and find out whats in there.

"A friend of mine " runs a raspberry pi with sd card full of arcade games to a tv and x-arcade tankstick. Pi, card and tankstick total was under $200. Such cards cold be found on a popular auction site so I was told. Even came with the frontend.

Beats having only 4 games.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I am assuming these will be cheap junk just like IKEA

I got a sweet couch from IKEA. It was the best thing I could find for an upstairs living room. Nice price, comfy, and versatile.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I got a sweet couch from IKEA. It was the best thing I could find for an upstairs living room. Nice price, comfy, and versatile.

It's all Ikea. I did the whole place for $47.....

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

"A friend of mine " runs a raspberry pi with sd card full of arcade games to a tv and x-arcade tankstick. Pi, card and tankstick total was under $200. Such cards cold be found on a popular auction site so I was told. Even came with the frontend.
Beats having only 4 games.

I have the Pi and the SD card with MAME already. Everything works, but I have been trying to figure out the controls. Wireless Xbox 360 works pretty good for some games, horrible for others. I have thought about the tank stick for some time but never pulled the trigger. Thinking about a custom panel to connect to the TV, OR, building a cabinet.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Yeah, I agree that IKEA sometimes fills the need perfectly. I guess I inadvertently slammed them when I was just trying to say these cabinets are not exactly what we are all used to with our pins. And even that is not meant as an insult, I actually think it’s a pretty good idea to hit the price point.

My apologies to IKEA and all IKEA fans everywhere.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep.
Watch the movie "the space invaders", there is a guy that the city made him remove all coin-op from his house.
Walmart is in every city, so it could have been breaking the law by selling them without registration in some places.

Just watched it on Youtube, is this the part you are referring to?

He didn't have to remove his games.

Its not illegal to own a machine that *could* take money. Every one of us here would be in violation of that law. Now if someone is literately running an undocumented business with a machine that charges for its use...that's what is illegal. They want those machines registered so they can get some of that revenue.

Walmart could sell these if they had coin mechs, but this isn't what these machines were designed for. They are just designed to be put in some kid's bedroom. That, and the mechanisms would just add to the costs.

#41 5 years ago

You know, we all have kind of elevated standards, being largely maniacs who own pinball machines, but for alot of normals these little mini cabs might be damn cool.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Just watched it on Youtube, is this the part you are referring to?

No.

The part where the city is removing the games from the garage, and the owner won't come out to appear on camera.

#43 5 years ago

Bank for the buck, it’s tough to beat a Pandora’s box.

$120 shipped with 1200+ games.

126252E9-E534-4304-88CE-C94FC53ACB91 (resized).jpeg126252E9-E534-4304-88CE-C94FC53ACB91 (resized).jpeg

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put it next to your kiddie urinal.

More spinners than a Stern pro.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Bank for the buck, it’s tough to beat a Pandora’s box.
$120 shipped with 1200+ games.

But are they 1299 discrete games, or are many of them 20 or more each of each SNK fighting game.

#46 5 years ago

I’m waiting until there are some quality reviews of the these. They look super cool.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m waiting until there are some quality reviews of the these. They look super cool.

$99 clearance next spring, like last time.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Had one of those, I gave it to a friend's daughter. I got it when Target was clearing them out. Due to some mirical it still works.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Looks like it will be available from Bed Bath And Beyond as well. I don’t see it on their site yet, but might be able to use a 20% coupon on it.
I am assuming these will be cheap lower quality cabinets. But I like the small size.

20% off.... mmmm if that’s the case I have some Xmas gifts to buy I love filling up other people’s houses!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But are they 1299 discrete games, or are many of them 20 or more each of each SNK fighting game.

You haven't lived until you've played King of Fighters '98 with 4 alternate background colors!

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.