• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 63.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Do I worry that my Nintendo Switch is not built to last?
Do worry that I have two Playstation 1 that have dead drives in them?
These are toys
^read the above again^

I GET that. I'm just saying that the 2600 was built better than these new toys, which is why it often still works 35 years later. The spec on this new disposable stuff is much cheaper. "Just barely good enough" is good enough these days.

#402 5 years ago

Novelty items. Fun ones.

10 years ago Hallmark came out with PacMan and Galaga Christmas Ornaments. They were like $25, and had a push button that lit up the display and played a 20 second sound clip. I wanted to collect them all, and was disappointed that they never made more.

But then just this year, I saw someone is making actual playable cabinets about the same size, with like 4 or 5 different games. Those are like $15 at Walmart. I had to collect them all.

I see these things just as larger versions of those. Novelty collectibles. Just like the American Pickers say about "roached" items. This is for the entry level collector.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I GET that. I'm just saying that the 2600 was built better than these new toys, which is why it often still works 35 years later. The spec on this new disposable stuff is much cheaper. "Just barely good enough" is good enough these days.

But is there anything today that is made more robust and durable than it was 35 years ago? I've been buying old tools just because the quality on them is much better than what you can get on the shelf today. Like my 100 year old table vice. That things a beast.

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Who cares?

I don't care what's inside the new Nintendo Switches, I don't care what's inside my Moto phone, I don't care what's inside my 4KTV.

You are the only person threatened by this toy.

Everyone else is just going to play it until they are bored with it, then carry it to the curb.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everyone else is just going to play it until they are bored with it, then carry it to the curb.

"Threatened" is a little hysterical. I made a point. A valid point. You found that threatening somehow?

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Threatened" is a little hysterical.

You have made a dozen negative posts about a product you have absolutely no experience with.

You've never played it, you've never even seen it in person.

Yet you rattle on and on about something you are not interested in buying.

That's a lot of effort.

It must threaten you in some way, or you would simply ignore it.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

10 years ago Hallmark came out with PacMan and Galaga Christmas Ornaments. They were like $25, and had a push button that lit up the display and played a 20 second sound clip. I wanted to collect them all, and was disappointed that they never made more.

Oh... I've got a surprise for you! Head on over to your Hallmark store... they came out with a Donkey Kong this year!

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You have made a dozen negative posts

False. I've made exactly 10. 4 of them have been responding to you - today. And there were some compliments in there like, "that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!" that you chose to ignore for your weird narrative.

6 posts over a one month period is not exactly spamming a thread.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

False. I've made exactly 10. 4 of them have been responding to you - today. And there were some compliments in there like, "that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!" that you chose to ignore for your weird narrative.
6 posts over a one month period is not exactly spamming a thread.

You are not interested in the product.

You have no experience with the product.

You are telling people that these use cheap electronics (as if you have any experience in circuit board construction techniques).

You are now petty enough to start counting your posts, looking for any positive phrases in your sea of negativity.

Certainly a smart fellow like you has better things to do with his days than thread crap on a toy ?

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Actually, you are choosing to ignore the narrative and you conveniently omit the first part of that comment. This is what you said and it's not exactly a positive comment. It's kind of like saying saying Iron Maiden sucks but at least the art is nice. Still a general negative comment about the product.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it looks super-cheap and crappy, but that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!

You're free to say positive and negative comments all you like. But at least be honest with yourself. He said 12 (it was 10) which was a pretty good guess without actually counting them. You said you've made positive comments. I haven't found a single one. Where is it?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Put it next to your kiddie urinal.
[quoted image]

Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like the whole video was spliced here for some dumb reason....
Check out the major glitch in Street Fighter II at the 44 second mark in the E3 video. Looks like crap emulation. No thanks:

Quoted from PinMonk:

I see it now. The guy playing jumps back on screen, too. I was too focused on the screen. Why would they edit a video of gameplay WHILE HE'S PLAYING?!

Quoted from PinMonk:

But are they 1299 discrete games, or are many of them 20 or more each of each SNK fighting game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

$99 clearance next spring, like last time.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Those still work today. I doubt these things will be working in 10 years, let alone 35.

Quoted from PinMonk:

These are CHEAP electronics. They're not built to last. Surface mount components + ultra cheap manufacture specs=won't last as long as a 2600.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from PinMonk:

"Threatened" is a little hysterical. I made a point. A valid point. You found that threatening somehow?

For those of us interested in them for what they are (a toy) you are really become a major downer.

#411 5 years ago

.... and this is why klov started to push me away

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Oh... I've got a surprise for you! Head on over to your Hallmark store... they came out with a Donkey Kong this year!

No $#it? I've been bugging them on Twitter for years to bring those back.

#413 5 years ago

Most people can earn $299 in the same amount of time arguing whether this is worth $299.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

No $#it? I've been bugging them on Twitter for years to bring those back.

Way to go!!!

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Most people can earn $299 in the same amount of time arguing whether this is worth $299.

But, is 5 worth $1500???

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

But, is 5 worth $1500???

People waste more money on dumber things. Enough gaming stations that 5 people can have fun simultaneously? $1500 isn't bad. I sold a Raven for $1400 once, so....

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Actually, you are choosing to ignore the narrative and you conveniently omit the first part of that comment. This is what you said and it's not exactly a positive comment. It's kind of like saying saying Iron Maiden sucks but at least the art is nice. Still a general negative comment about the product.

You're free to say positive and negative comments all you like. But at least be honest with yourself. He said 12 (it was 10) which was a pretty good guess without actually counting them. You said you've made positive comments. I haven't found a single one. Where is it?

For those of us interested in them for what they are (a toy) you are really become a major downer.

It's very odd to me that someone that's against a product would keep going into the same thread just to crap on it over and over again.

Like there's a cigar thread on pinside I don't smoke cigars or like them but I wouldn't go into their thread to tell them how bad they smell. Just seems like I would be trying to get a rise out of people which is a weird waste of time.

As for these $299 arcade machines. I like them. I have few arcade machines and a 19" dead space between them and a wall where I can put one. I have little kids that need stools to see the screens. With these they can stand at them. I bought the Super Mario Mushroom World pin for that very reason. That and we're a big Super Mario family. If Rampage had better side art I probably would be in on that one. But I'm gonna wait and see what else they come out with.

#418 5 years ago

I can't wait to hear what you guys say after you play one.

#419 5 years ago

I remember Walmart(or was it Costco?) that had the Midway multicade. Had a good share of games on it(more than these 300 dollar ones), but the monitor was tiny. It took up less than half of the monitor real estate area.

These are a bit better. While I'm not in its target market(I'm making a MAME cabinet right now), for those who don't have the tech know-how but love arcade gaming, these are a slam dunk.

#420 5 years ago

These are almost small enough to just have around for the art. You could put a couple on a shelf and have one on a pedestal in front. Then rotate out the active game to keep it fresh.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

But, is 5 worth $1500???

Maybe. I can see buying one once in a while and have a little midget arcade lineup. It would be great if they come out with versions with different controls like steering wheel, dual joysticks, rotational joystick, etc. That would be stupid fun if they could keep the price low.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I can't wait to hear what you guys say after you play one.

I’ve played one. It was fine. What you’d expect for the money. The sky falling cries in this thread would make you think it was thousands of dollars.

I wouldn’t buy one but I have no interest in emulation anymore.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

II have few arcade machines and a 19" dead space between them and a wall where I can put one.

If Rampage had better side art I probably would be in on that one.

but if you put it in a 19" space between 2 other arcades, you cant see the sideart?

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares?
I don't care what's inside the new Nintendo Switches, I don't care what's inside my Moto phone, I don't care what's inside my 4KTV.

Well, at least, Craigslist it.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

but if you put it in a 19" space between 2 other arcades, you cant see the sideart?

True but every setup isn't forever. One day it may be between a wall and a game the next it could be in the kids play room against nothing. Plus I already have a dedicated Joust arcade machine. Lastly with Turtles and Simpsons as maybe titles waiting is my best move.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

These are almost small enough to just have around for the art. You could put a couple on a shelf and have one on a pedestal in front. Then rotate out the active game to keep it fresh.

I was thinking the same thing. I’m thinking about buying one to mount on the wall, similar to what this Pinsider did in this picture I saved.
On a side note, does anyone know any details about the mini wall mounded games in this photo?

C6499BD4-9E8B-4D39-8EF0-FD3E44195EC6 (resized).jpegC6499BD4-9E8B-4D39-8EF0-FD3E44195EC6 (resized).jpeg
#427 5 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

On a side note, does anyone know any details about the mini wall mounded games in this photo?

Yep, that's a buddy of mine. He custom built all of those wall hanging arcades.

#428 5 years ago

A coworker pre ordered the Atari Deluxe from Best Buy yesterday and I see they are sold out already.

#429 5 years ago

If you’re worried about price and such, there’s a new arcade for you, for 1 easy payment of $20!!!

As long as the build and button/joystick quality is ok. I’m buying some for a friend and my kid. I have zero worry someone will replace the stock cpu and put a pi in it. I mean you literally could just bring the buttons to the pi and hack the lcd....

4C007B18-00BE-4DCE-8D88-5EA2834D6E75 (resized).png4C007B18-00BE-4DCE-8D88-5EA2834D6E75 (resized).png
#430 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you’re worried about price and such, there’s a new arcade for you, for 1 easy payment of $20!!!
[quoted image]

For a few bucks more you can go for the full red tent experience.

original (resized).jpgoriginal (resized).jpg
#432 5 years ago

Can you imagine if you asked a BB employee to assemble a RTA cabinet for display ???

#433 5 years ago

Man, unless that guy is six foot five, even with the riser that still looks awfully low to play for very long.

6288355cv17d (resized).jpg6288355cv17d (resized).jpg
#434 5 years ago

If that dart board is regulation height, the bullseye is 5 foot 8 inches off the floor.

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Besy Buy Pre-Order is live!

Nice, just scooped one... thanks for the heads up! $400 shipped for the deluxe model with trackball, spinner, and riser is too sweet to pass up.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nice, just scooped one... thanks for the heads up! $400 shipped for the deluxe model with trackball, spinner, and riser is too sweet to pass up.

Thanks! I was surprised to see this live without any fanfare or announcement. I am excited to play Quantum in that cab!

#437 5 years ago

I don't know what it is but every time I play one of these "Johnny come lately" replicas they are always awful. They all have a slight lag problem which drives me nuts. OEM game boards always play better. I think these new replica arcades are a total waste of cash. Just my 2 cents.

#438 5 years ago

Eh, I have like 7 color dmds. This seems like a much smaller waste of cash, and I’m also out of space with zero room for a full sized cab. This little guy will squeeze in no problemo. Purists will be purists, it’s all good. I’m just gonna go ahead and have a blast playing tempest and crystal castles with proper controls on my neat little overpriced shitbox!

#439 5 years ago

I like how the dude is playing asteroids with a joystick and trackball.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I like how the dude is playing asteroids with a joystick and trackball.

Taking a closer look at it, something looks off by his right hand. I'd almost guess this was photoshopped. He was probably playing another machine, and they photoshopped in that cabinet. Especially since the photos of the cabinet by itself don't even show joysticks.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Man, unless that guy is six foot five, even with the riser that still looks awfully low to play for very long.
[quoted image]

These with the riser are 58" tall. So about 10" shy of most arcade cabs. I pre-ordered the Deluxe that comes with the riser but not sure I am going to use it yet. Might build my own because there is no way I am playing it at 58". It is ultimately up to the wife as I did order it for her. I have a Mame set up she doesn't like to play, do complicated.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

These with the riser are 58" tall. So about 10" shy of most arcade cabs. I pre-ordered the Deluxe that comes with the riser but not sure I am going to use it yet. Might build my own because there is no way I am playing it at 58". It is ultimately up to the wife as I did order it for her. I have a Mame set up she doesn't like to play, do complicated.

What frontend are you using?? We use hyperspin in my house, it’s so simple a 3 year old can use it

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I don't know what it is but every time I play one of these "Johnny come lately" replicas they are always awful. They all have a slight lag problem which drives me nuts. OEM game boards always play better. I think these new replica arcades are a total waste of cash. Just my 2 cents.

Where did you play these at?

I can't find them anywhere yet around here.

#444 5 years ago

Quoted from vid1900:

Ya, as far as I know, other then a couple popular YouTube reviewers, these are unavailable until September 25th.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I haven't played these but I've played several past attempts and they are all awful. There is a fraction of a second delay between when the joystick is moved or the fire button is pressed. This is really noticeable on maze games. If you were a good classic arcade game player you will hate this. That being said, newbies won't know the difference.

#446 5 years ago

I haven't played these

So it would probably be prudent to wait 25 days until you can actually play them, THEN give a review if you discover lag in the system.

#447 5 years ago

I haven't played these but I've played several past attempts and they are all awful. There is a fraction of a second delay between when the joystick is moved or the fire button is pressed. This is really noticeable on maze games. If you were a good classic arcade game player you will hate this. That being said, newbies won't know the difference.

I think newbies are the target. "Good classic arcade game players" have made it known they don't like these for 7 million reasons.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So it would probably be prudent to wait 25 days until you can actually play them, THEN give a review if you discover lag in the system.

The technology hasn't change from the last go around. It will have the lag. No need to wait. It is just the nature of the beast. These are being made as cheap as possible. If you think differently you are just kidding yourself. I get it, The small footprint is appealing for those who have space issues but pinball people are gamers by heart. This is like buying a home versions of a pinball machine instead of the real deal. All street cred goes out the window if you put one in your game room.

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What frontend are you using?? We use hyperspin in my house, it’s so simple a 3 year old can use it

Hyperspin as well. Let's put it this way. I had a touch screen remote for our home theater. You touched, "Watch a movie" and everything would turn on. Repeat and it all shut off. She wouldn't use it she wanted one with buttons because the touch screen was to complicated. lol

#450 5 years ago

Uh oh. Man, all my street cred. Out the window. Damn.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.