• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 63.
#301 5 years ago

The problem with MAME cabinets is getting the roms. It is for me at least. Have been having a heck of a time getting just the ones I want. I don't want to download 128GB image files. I'm really considering the Street Fighter cabinet, but even for as small as it is, I really don't have any room for it.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

The problem with MAME cabinets is getting the roms. It is for me at least. Have been having a heck of a time getting just the ones I want. I don't want to download 128GB image files. I'm really considering the Street Fighter cabinet, but even for as small as it is, I really don't have any room for it.

This goes for anyone interested - send me a 2TB (at least) hard drive (internal or external) and $70 and I'll send you back a fully configured Hyperspin setup with all the emulators and roms. You don't need to use Hyperspin if you prefer another front end or just need all the roms, but it's there and fully configured. Only changes you'd need to do is go into each emulator and configure it for your controls.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

https://www.frys.com/product/9649533
12 games, Riser, no tax (for most), free shipping $499
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Major Havoc
Tempest
Missile Command
Quantum
Millipede
Liberator
Lunar Lander
Crystal Castles
Gravitar
Centipede
So if you were going to buy the Riser @$70 anyway, and you save the sales tax on both (-$21) it's like 8 extra games for $109 more ..... decisions, decisions....[quoted image][quoted image]

I love the game list, but I’m not sure how well mix of vertical and horizontal games is going to work.

Also, how well the spinner feels is the most critical issue for me.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

In wondering how easy it would be to have a light up marquee mod? When assembling the cabinet change that board for plexi. Add a light, wire it off the switch. Shouldn’t be to difficult

ok... so you want a lit up marquee...

things to consider and to make happen...

light and power... the cab has a proprietary power source, so you're going to either have to tap into that, or have a power strip in the cab to provide AC to both the cab and light.

plexi / backlight marquee... I don't believe the existing marquee is translucent and the existing marquee is not going to be a standard size, you're going to have to make or order something special, and to do it right where it looks correct is $$

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

light and power... the cab has a proprietary power source, so you're going to either have to tap into that, or have a power strip in the cab to provide AC to both the cab and light.
plexi / backlight marquee... I don't believe the existing marquee is translucent and the existing marquee is not going to be a standard size, you're going to have to make or order something special, and to do it right where it looks correct is $$

Gameroom solutions should make a retrofit kit for these...it is right up their alley. They already offer translucent marquee printing. They also sell a 12v LED strip kit with power supply to backlight it. You will still need to get your 12v power supply tapped into 110vAC somewhere.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I love the game list, but I’m not sure how well mix of vertical and horizontal games is going to work.

Unless it's just a mocked up illustration, that definitely shows Centipede stretched to horizontal. No bueno.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I agree with your concern about the vertical vs horizontal games. It will be interesting to see how this is handled.

For what it’s worth, in the YouTube review by the puppet guy, he plays Tempest and it clearly appears to be letterboxed with vertical bars on the sides to retain the correct aspect ratio. These bars on the sides seem to blend in very well during gameplay and are not noticeable. But when he clears a level and the game flies to the next level, it is clearly seen.

Of course, this is only a video of a pre production game. Hopefully this is how it will be done, though.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

In not an electrical engineer, but this isn't a difficult job. I've created more complex things than this would be. And I know a guy for printing custom marquees.

#310 5 years ago

I love Tempest but would never want to deal with a 300 lb. vector unit. I wish the Asteroids cab had the Tempest artwork and design but I understand why they went this way. I know Asteroids is more popular. Although, I can’t get why anyone would like Asteroids more than Tempest these days.

#311 5 years ago

Here’s a quick update video.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I love Tempest but would never want to deal with a 300 lb. vector unit.

A real Tempest is 240 lbs. You guys do realize that's less than most pinball machines weigh?

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

A real Tempest is 240 lbs. You guys do realize that's less than most pinball machines weigh?

Forgetting the initial cost and repair (which I have no arcade repair experience), I’m done carting anything up my steps (with three tight 90 dergree turns) that I can’t break down to sub 100lb weight.

#314 5 years ago

In not an electrical engineer, but this isn't a difficult job. I've created more complex things than this would be. And I know a guy for printing custom marquees.

Yes, you know a guy

Other places online that print custom marquees won’t print licensed images... try getting a made to size Centipede backlit marquee from a regular place... the custom guy you know might do it, but most likely not the regular places unless they have the license agreement.

The regular guy wanting to accomplish this task is going to have a hard time. Not trying dissuade anyone from trying, it’s just going to be a challenge

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Other places online that print custom marquees won’t print licensed images... try getting a made to size Centipede backlit marquee from a regular place... the custom guy you know might do it, but most likely not the regular places unless they have the license agreement.
The regular guy wanting to accomplish this task is going to have a hard time. Not trying dissuade anyone from trying, it’s just going to be a challenge

I totally agree. Good luck getting a reputable shop to print a marquee for you. But, you’d be amazed what you can get for cash off Craigslist. With a little searching anyone can find a guy.

#316 5 years ago

Good luck getting a reputable shop to print a marquee for you.

You guys have clearly never tried.... One of the best reproduction artwork producers out there has no issue printing a custom one-off marquee for someone. I had one created for a cabaret cabinet. It was not that expensive either. They are very busy though, so you may have to wait a while. Mine came quick (within a week), but I've heard that's not typical nowadays.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

MAME is free, roms can be downloaded here...

https://www.arcadepunks.com/all-hyperspin-downloads/

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

You guys have clearly never tried.... One of the best reproduction artwork producers out there has no issue printing a custom one-off marquee for someone. I had one created for a cabaret cabinet. It was not that expensive either. They are very busy though, so you may have to wait a while. Mine came quick (within a week), but I've heard that's not typical nowadays.

I’ve built some pretty ridiculous stuff... mind sharing who the fella is?

Pm me if you need to , much appreciated

#319 5 years ago

Between this and some of the mame cabs I see in the game room pics thread it blows my mind the quality of vids some of you guys are willing to put next to your $50,000+ pin collection (with an extra $5,000+ in mods). I don't think there is any doubt from anyone that's into vids or been around vids much these are going to be garbage. You will certainly get what you pay for.

Imagine going into someone's game room and seeing immaculately restored vids and then one of these hunks of junk sitting in the lineup. Think about how absurd it would be for someone to sink money into modifying it and trying to upgrade it. The only difference is in this case the real deal or a good quality item is only a few hundred dollars more, not thousands.

Really should be a pic of a zizzle or something but the point remains the same and I can't figure out how to change pictures on mobile .

$_86 (resized).JPG$_86 (resized).JPGAlien-Assault-pinball-machine (resized).jpgAlien-Assault-pinball-machine (resized).jpg
#320 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Between this and some of the mame cabs I see in the game room pics thread it blows my mind the quality of vids some of you guys are willing to put next to your $50,000+ pin collection (with an extra $5,000+ in mods). I don't think there is any doubt from anyone that's into vids or been around vids much these are going to be garbage. You will certainly get what you pay for.
Imagine going into someone's game room and seeing immaculately restored vids and then one of these hunks of junk sitting in the lineup. Think about how absurd it would be for someone to sink money into modifying it and trying to upgrade it. The only difference is in this case the real deal or a good quality item is only a few hundred dollars more, not thousands.
Really should be a pic of a zizzle or something but the point remains the same and I can't figure out how to change pictures on mobile .
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think that looks like fun actually

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Really should be a pic of a zizzle or something but the point remains the same and I can't figure out how to change pictures on mobile

It’s not about money or prestige in my game room. I prefer novelty and fun.

Some people don’t have a problem parking a moped next to their mustang.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Considering the gameplay is identical to that of the full size, the comparison to a Zizzle is laughable at best. Sure, if you are putting games in your game room just to be a show-off of how much money you presumably have, that's fine. But again, your condescension is clouding your vision and not allowing you to see what market these are actually targeting. To think that someone cares about vids as much as their pins, is another narrow minded POV. I am sure there are vid fans with restored cabs who may have a ratty pin as well, because it is fun for them...not their main focus. Why is this so hard for some people?

#323 5 years ago

100% this. These are just fun toys.

I've never known a child playing with toys to turn one down because it wasn't "high class" enough to associate with their other toys.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Considering the gameplay is identical to that of the full size, the comparison to a Zizzle is laughable at best. Sure, if you are putting games in your game room just to be a show-off of how much money you presumably have, that's fine. But again, your condescension is clouding your vision and not allowing you to see what market these are actually targeting. To think that someone cares about vids as much as their pins, is another narrow minded POV. I am sure there are vid fans with restored cabs who may have a ratty pin as well, because it is fun for them...not their main focus. Why is this so hard for some people?

But it isn't identical that is showing my point exactly. You are mislead in the fact that it's the same thing and it's just as good. They aren't. It's a watered down and compromised version... Just like a zizzle. Look at the controls, look at the screen, look at the quality of the materials, look at the emulation, the lag, the size, etc.

I'm not saying you have to have immaculate games and be just as into vids as you are with pins. I'm simply warning you guys not to fool yourselves if you think you are getting an amazing deal that's "just like the real thing". If you want to think of it as a toy that's fine, but in this case the toy in Canada cost like $499. I've bought plenty of real cabs for that and less.

You guys are all free to spend your money how you'd like but as always "you get what you pay for" will ring true.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

It’s cute that you think a Tempest is heavy. Try moving a Spy Hunter around someday. Every time I move mine, I have to check and make sure my spleen is still intact.
You are right though...those vector games are beasts, but totally worth the pain!

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Between this and some of the mame cabs I see in the game room pics thread it blows my mind the quality of vids some of you guys are willing to put next to your $50,000+ pin collection

I couldn't agree more... I may be cancelling my order this weekend, Ill give it a few days to decide, I already own almost all of the games represented, and have very nice mame counterparts that look and function as the real thing for the games I cannot find or just don't have the space for. I just want my kids off of my darn games when my friends are over to play games... to be continued

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

You guys are all free to spend your money how you'd like

Thanks!

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

But it isn't identical that is showing my point exactly. You are mislead in the fact that it's the same thing and it's just as good. They aren't. It's a watered down and compromised version... Just like a zizzle. Look at the controls, look at the screen, look at the quality of the materials, look at the emulation, the lag, the size, etc.

I like the way you think! I’ve been building cabinets from scratch for friends, and one thing I’ve learned is that the nostalgia factor is a BIG factor. People need it to feel like an old cabinet, look like an old cabinet and play like an old cabinet.
The folks at 1UP have their heads in the right place, but they are trying to hit a price point. Plus they have to make it small enough to ship economically.
I think these units will sell like hot cakes around the holidays though.
Then once the new-ness wears off, you’ll see a glut of them FB marketplace, Letgo, etc...And that’s when I’ll move in for the kill...I don’t want the cabinets, I just want the guts. Those monitors with he integrated PCB and ribbon cables are going to make my life SO much easier.

#329 5 years ago

I highly recommend the build-your-own route...it is very rewarding! Here is my latest creation, designed to hook up to a big screen tv with hdmi inputs.

A811DE3F-A153-4A8F-8D48-8CB7FE7504A6 (resized).jpegA811DE3F-A153-4A8F-8D48-8CB7FE7504A6 (resized).jpeg
#330 5 years ago

Someone's going to have to explain arcade punks to me. I guess I don't understand it. Like I said, I don't want to download gigs worth of image files. I want to download only the games I want.

And I'm putting them on a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie. So I'm not sure what Hyperspin is and if that even works for RetroPie.

#331 5 years ago

I park my Jeep and my Batman next to my Mustang.

D3D315C8-AA74-4AEE-AB1B-DCA84BC7106F (resized).jpegD3D315C8-AA74-4AEE-AB1B-DCA84BC7106F (resized).jpeg
#332 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Someone's going to have to explain arcade punks to me. I guess I don't understand it. Like I said, I don't want to download gigs worth of image files. I want to download only the games I want.
And I'm putting them on a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie. So I'm not sure what Hyperspin is and if that even works for RetroPie.

It is actually more work to pluck individual games out of an image, than to just download it, install, and let it be. You will need some kind of system to load the games/emulators. That is where Hyperspin comes in. Here is a tutorial on how to setup Hyperpie on Raspberry pie. Hyperpie and Hyperspin both do the same thing. https://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperpie-setup/

#333 5 years ago

This thread seems to have the right audience for this jukebox/gaming system I built and going to list for sale or trade.

- Jukebox software has over 20,000 songs and several thousand music videos.

- Hyperspin configured with thousands of games. All the games for the following system are installed. Play the games from any emulator using a USB SNES gamepad I have configured. Play all the MAME trackball games using the trackball on the kiosk. Actually be able to play all trackball, spinner and driving games using the trackball.

MAME
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Genesis
Sega Master System
Daphne (laserdisc games)

- Android game system with Play Store access. Hundreds of Android touchscreen games are already installed and you can use the Google Play Store to download any game you'd like to play.

- Connect the kiosk to your home wifi and stream Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, TV shows, Spotify, Pandora, Sirius, etc. It's a full 23" touchscreen PC installed in the kiosk, so you can do whatever you'd like - you're not limited to the installed games and jukebox. I use the kiosk as an extra TV in the gameroom. I'll play pinball while watching football or whatever.

- HDMI input in the kiosk so you can connect any home game systems like Xbox, Playstation and use the kiosk as a dedicated TV for your games. Connect a cable box to the HDMI and you have a full 23" TV with remote.

- USB ports installed on the front of the kiosk to easily connect the gamepad, other controllers, USB sticks, etc. Additional USB ports available inside the kiosk as well.

-Audio output is a 1/8" audio cable that you can plug into your own speakers, receiver, sound system, etc.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/l0lG8mBFQDYr3IhB3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4AlHslhwnH2adzq02
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JvfOIjuAVfnzhHCE3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ogsWisstkREANf0D2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vvfRy8s5QeLyg1XD3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iDPyVeQI3lTWCIpu2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/w9Gp20QqwqtFYn9a2

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I have a few RetroPie images fully loaded, but never tried them out myself since I stick to PC builds. I'll see how large they are and host them if you want.

#335 5 years ago

I tried to download one of the Raspberry Pi images from Arcade punks the other day. But after 2 days, it didn't download a single bite from the torrent.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

FILE UNDER: Crap You Don't Need
Walmart has these brand new Arcade Cabs with 2 to 4 games in each one. Build your own mini-arcade.
Note that even though it's free 2 day shipping, these don't ship until September.
Rampage $299
Includes:
Rampage
Gauntlet
Joust
Defender
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rampage-Arcade/114274755
-
Galaga $299
Includes:
Galaxian
Galaga
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Arcade/595505982
-
Centipede $299
Includes:
Centipede
Missle Command
Crystal Castle
Millipede
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Centipede-Arcade/617089098
-
Asteroids $299
Includes:
Asteroids
Major Havoc
Lunar Lander
Tempest
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Asteroids-Arcade/828150107
=
Street Fighter $299
Includes:
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II The New Challengers
Street Fighter II Turbo
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

I plan on building my own all you need is some plywood some Hands-On ability which I happen to have thank goodness as well as some tools and a Jamma board kit what you can get 60 games in one for a lot less then that entire package would be for one. Between the material and the Jamma board you could probably build one to your liking for about 400 if you have a monitor already which can be an old computer LCD screen

#337 5 years ago

There are space saver styles as well.

Screenshot_2018-07-25-20-14-27 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-07-25-20-14-27 (resized).png
#338 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

It’s cute that you think a Tempest is heavy. Try moving a Spy Hunter around someday. Every time I move mine, I have to check and make sure my spleen is still intact.
You are right though...those vector games are beasts, but totally worth the pain!

I'm guessing you meant to quote the guy I was responding to. I'm saying that Tempest is NOT heavy... less than a pinball machine. I've been a collector since the 90's, and have moved hundreds of games. And yes, Spy Hunter feels like it's made of brick.

#339 5 years ago

You guys are still missing where the market is for this thing.

The people buying this DON'T want to build a MAME.

They DON'T want a 40 year old game that will require new caps, switches and service.

They DON'T want anything that can't be ordered on line and delivered tomorrow from UPS.

-

Some of you guys should join the BBQ forums.

New Guy: I see Steve Reichlan showed one of those Masterbuilt smokers, I want one!
BBQ_King: Don't get a friggin' Masterbuilt electric smoker! That's not a real smoker, it's an appliance!!
New Guy: Yeah, I'm not making a living smoking ribs. I'll probably use it twice a month...
BBQK: You've got to cut a 50 gallon drum in half, then weld a cold box on the side. Get some Stainless vents from bbqmaster.com, and a draft ledge from coalboy.com, a 4 way temp probe controller from Stovemaster - but don't use their probes - you are going to want X-Probers for sure!
NG: I live in an apartment. It's got to be sensible for my lifestyle....
BBQK: Hey, get some 17" wheels from Granger and weld them to a stainless axle.
NG: My wife is not going to wan't a giant greasy smoker rolling in and out from the balcony....
BBQK: Hey, lot's of ladies wheel their own smoker around. Pitboss Patty, she lives in a one room shack and has no problem wrasslin' her smoker!
NG: That all sounds great, but I'm just asking if anyone here has tried a Masterbuilt Smoker.
BBQK: Every time you take a bite of brisket from that Masterbuilt, you are going to be wonderin' if a real smoker would be better.
Prawn_Krotch: Yep, around here on garbage night, you sometimes see a dozen or more of them there $300 Wallmart smokers out at the curb. That's money they could have spent on building a real smoker. Total waste...
NG: Ok, thanks guys, I guess...

#340 5 years ago

Now I’m getting a hankerin’ for some bbq.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They DON'T want a 40 year old game that will require new caps, switches and service.
They DON'T want anything that can't be ordered on line and delivered tomorrow from UPS.
-
New Guy: I see Steve Reichlan showed one of those Masterbuilt smokers, I want one!
BBQ_King: Don't get a friggin' Masterbuilt electric smoker! That's not a real smoker, it's an appliance!!
New Guy: Yeah, I'm not making a living smoking ribs. I'll probably use it twice a month...
BBQK: You've got to cut a 50 gallon drum in half, then weld a cold box on the side. Get some Stainless vents from bbqmaster.com, and a draft ledge from coalboy.com, a 4 way temp probe controller from Stovemaster - but don't use their probes - you are going to want X-Probers for sure!
NG: My wife is not going to wan't a giant greasy smoker rolling in and out from the balcony....
BBQK: Hey, lot's of ladies wheel their own smoker around. Pitboss Patty, she lives in a one room shack and has no problem wrasslin' her smoker!
NG: That all sounds great, but I'm just asking if anyone here has tried a Masterbuilt Smoker.
BBQK: Every time you take a bite of brisket from that Masterbuilt, you are going to be wonderin' if a real smoker would be better.
Prawn_Krotch: Yep, around here on garbage night, you sometimes see a dozen or more of them there $300 Wallmart smokers out at the curb. That's money they could have spent on building a real smoker. Total waste...

Well, that was a fun read. Lol

#342 5 years ago

I guess I AM missing the market, because for someone that doesn't care about having an actual cabinet or perfect emulation, a plug n'play like this has 12 arcade games, takes up no room, and costs less than 20 bucks. Alternatively, you could buy PS4 and a $20-$30 arcade compilation for the same money. If I was your hypothetical single mom, that's an easy choice.

Again, they seem to be selling well, and that's great. I just found it surprising.

41MgrSV-emL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41MgrSV-emL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
#343 5 years ago

Of course there is a market for them but this IS a forum for people that are actually passionate and into pinball and arcade machines. Even though there is definitely a market for them, most of us just aren't it. Looking around at any of the arcade forums and you will see the resounding opinion is the same. They are marketing the hell out of it and will probably sell a ton to the general public. Awesome. People will be happy with them for a couple of months until all those crappy Chinese buttons go out of them and they'll be curbside. People that have bought Chinese Micros know this, the general public doesn't. So we call it out as it is.

I bought a set of speakers as a general consumer. They work great for me. An audiophile would probably tear them to pieces because of how terrible they are to them. They are fine for me and I'm happy to have and use them... but bringing them to an audiophile convention and trying to convince everyone they are awesome is going to be a tough gig. A foolish one and I know that. "These $200 walmart speakers are just as good as your setup. I can hear the music just fine."

This IS a forum where there are a lot of knowledge on the subject of arcades so naturally they are going to get torn apart. Expecting anything different is foolish.

#344 5 years ago

Whoops double

#345 5 years ago

Can't wait for me & my friends to hunch over & play some Rampage. It's going to be so much fun My chiropractor is going to love me!!

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

I guess I AM missing the market, because for someone that doesn't care about having an actual cabinet or perfect emulation, a plug n'play like this has 12 arcade games, takes up no room, and costs less than 20 bucks. Alternatively, you could buy PS4 and a $20-$30 arcade compilation for the same money. If I was your hypothetical single mom, that's an easy choice.
Again, they seem to be selling well, and that's great. I just found it surprising.
[quoted image]

If I hadn't discovered that I could buy full sized arcade games a long time ago I would have been the perfect customer for one of these units. I definitely see the allure. Minimal commitment with just enough authenticity.

They have real arcade controls that could be swapped out for other parts and they are simple enough that they won't intimidate people. Little kids would love these! I definitely would have purchased one for my kids when they were small if these were available.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

Anyone who has ever been on any BBQ forum or BBQ facebook page knows this is 100% accurate.

#348 5 years ago

Read somewhere that the monitor has different inputs, Might be a candidate for a JROK

Have a dedicated original Defender but the other Williams heavy hitters are hard to find in my price range.

#349 5 years ago

If these can me moded I'll probably pick one up. Hopefully someone will figure it out like they did on the nes classic.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If these can me moded I'll probably pick one up. Hopefully someone will figure it out like they did on the nes classic.

I doubt that we’ll see a plug and play mod like that. These look pretty locked down. One youtuber took it apart and there’s no usb connection on the board. You’d have to solder a connection to get access first.

I wonder about the screen. It’s connected by a ribbon cable so the video processing might even be on the main board and not on the screen. You might even need an lcd controller to connect it to a raspberry pi.

It looks easy to switch out the buttons and joysticks, but the size might be an issue.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.