7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,337 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 422 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190322-024717 (resized).png
IMG_0248 (resized).jpg
IMG_0247 (resized).jpg
C2287959-380A-4229-ABCA-613091896922 (resized).jpeg
Part0 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault-5 (resized).jpg
IMG_5699.GIF
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.24.26 AM (resized).png
82D0CEE4-16AA-4C1D-AB0B-CDC76C89B155 (resized).jpeg
20190222_232621 (resized).jpg
20190222_230525 (resized).jpg
C58CF32F-2638-4124-8D43-9405399E7971 (resized).jpeg
A66516D0-ADF4-4E6D-93FF-98ED37A5B720 (resized).jpeg
3B96377C-0E69-47F5-B2D4-18ACCA4BDF0C (resized).jpeg
533a4531-bb11-4c61-8265-274c5ee90375_1.cf7df01a1dde999cb6ef6f49ff6a3209 (resized).jpeg
20190222_212925 (resized).jpg

There are 2337 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.
#251 7 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Can you link to this movie? I cant find it. Thanks

#252 7 months ago

This guy thinks that we’ll get a delux option for the riser. 18” instead of 13”.

#253 7 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

They were presumably talking about Jon Jamshid in that documentary, but the city backed down and he in fact was NOT forced to get rid of his games. Another guy had a problem with his HOA and moved.

The simple fact is that all of us here have coin op machines, and many of us quite a few of them, without any issues.

#254 7 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This guy thinks that we’ll get a delux option for the riser. 18” instead of 13”.

Nice find.

The page say that Members pay $55 for it, so maybe your wives can earn points or something...

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/arcade1up-riser/5173058

#255 7 months ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I'll see if I can upload the snippet to Youtube w/o them flagging it.

The city is removing the games, the guy won't come out to talk on camera (although the guy appears earlier in the film). I don't remember the guys name, but he's not very handsome, lol

#256 7 months ago
Quoted from racer_x:

The simple fact is that all of us here have coin op machines, and many of us quite a few of them, without any issues.

That is the reason that all the distributors and parts places sell blank coin doors.

There is a certain city near me that has zoning restrictions AND $540 a year license tags for all coin-op machines.

Even though the games were set to Free Play, even though I ran screws through the coin slots, the city said they had to be removed.

I put blank coin doors on them.

The ordnance officer had a frigging fit, but technically there was nothing he could do.

They only make them for one reason...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/09-9602
detail (resized).JPG

#257 7 months ago

And now they make them in arcade sizes too:

61yBIwrOZHL._SL1138_ (resized).jpg
#258 7 months ago

Anyone see the leaked images of more cabs?

This is off the toy room YT

66EF7C99-55D5-4A7F-A8DC-3729721242BA (resized).png8CBD5BB2-9EDC-42B7-9FC0-B50AEA9DCE20 (resized).png
#259 7 months ago

No way that pic is real. I would be AMAZED if they somehow get the rights to Donkey Kong.

#260 7 months ago

Looks like some of the art is different now

3max (resized).jpg
#261 7 months ago

Those have to be some sort of mock preproduction lineup. The rampage / joust / defender cab doesn't even have 3 players. The screens also seem larger.

I'm not a fan of the collage style myself, but I can understand the appeal. Personally I'm actually thinking it would be fun to reskin the sides of the Rampage cab with the Joust artwork, since it's just generic striping otherwise.

#262 7 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Those have to be some sort of mock preproduction lineup. The rampage / joust / defender cab doesn't even have 3 players. The screens also seem larger.
I'm not a fan of the collage style myself, but I can understand the appeal. Personally I'm actually thinking it would be fun to reskin the sides of the Rampage cab with the Joust artwork, since it's just generic striping otherwise.

Yes. I saw on Facebook that they were just mock ups they showed the license holders. Promising nonetheless.

#263 7 months ago

I don’t even know how you guys see that stuff lol. I can only make out the first 4

#264 7 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

No way that pic is real. I would be AMAZED if they somehow get the rights to Donkey Kong.

Yea Nintendo itself finally released the real arcade version on switch.

#265 7 months ago

Ooh. Bed Bath and Beyond will carry these?! That means in 6 months, they'll be in the clearance aisle! Picked up one of those iCades a few years back for like $10 from there.

#266 7 months ago

The button layout on mortal kombat is wrong. I hope that doesn’t stick

#267 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The button layout on mortal kombat is wrong. I hope that doesn’t stick

MK9 art on the front / bezel , CPO art is way off too

#268 7 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

MK9 art on the front / bezel , CPO art is way off too

I done think Midway would let their licensed product be distributed this way, Im sure there are few revisions the machines will go through before launching.

#269 7 months ago

Yeah someone above noted they were mock ups.

#270 7 months ago

yeah but they are terrible mock ups :p Raiden side art FTW!

I don't know how well the MK games can be emulated, they always seem to be an issue on PIs and Pandora boxes so it'll either need a new purpose built emulator or better hardware.

#271 7 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I don't know how well the MK games can be emulated, they always seem to be an issue on PIs and Pandora boxes so it'll either need a new purpose built emulator or better hardware.

Don't hold your breath. From the video I saw of Major Havoc, the emulation was way off. It played fast.

#272 7 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I bought the other cabs blind for my kids, but I'll be hesitant on MK... street fighter 2 is borderline for emulation for me, the timing of the controls and graphics suffers in emulation for fighting games and shmups (shoot em ups; raiden, galaga, donpachi) There is always going to be input lag of at minimum 1 fps at the very best. Throw in a slow processor, video processing, and a slow processing lcd monitor, and you start adding up fractions of fps, by the time you know it, your up to 5 or 10 or more fps input lag and when the heat of battle starts going, you cant win.

Anyone ever try playing an original punch-out or super punch-out, and then play an emulated version? on the original you can learn the patterns after a handful of games, and at least defeat 4 opponents just from a little practice, on the emulated version you would be hard pressed to defeat the 3rd opponent because of the timing of the input lag emulation provides...

the same thing is going on in the BOP 2.0 kit playing the emulated version of BOP 1; the sounds have input lag from the switches, it's still playable, but super annoying when the timing isn't perfect.

All of this Just FYI incase anyone wanted to know what most of the fuss is about.

#273 7 months ago

So, if 1 millisecond is 0.001 seconds, then 10 milliseconds would be 0.01 seconds.

You are telling me that 1/100 of a second is going to totally screw you up? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm actually curious about this.

Voice latency for TV seems to be acceptable well past this number (150 ms), as a reference.

#274 7 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So, if 1 millisecond is 0.005 seconds

What? .001s and yes even seemingly small fractions of a second can be noticed

#275 7 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What? .001s and yes even seemingly small fractions of a second can be noticed

Durf! I have no idea where that 5 came from!

Let me go fix that.

#276 7 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So, if 1 millisecond is 0.001 seconds, then 10 milliseconds would be 0.01 seconds.
You are telling me that 1/100 of a second is going to totally screw you up? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm actually curious about this.
Voice latency for TV seems to be acceptable well past this number (150 ms), as a reference.

The standard for most games, especially fighting games, is 60fps. That makes a frame roughly 16.7 milliseconds. The native input delay on an arcade cab running Street Fighter 2 is a little over 4 frames (this is in part due to the 60hz refresh cycle of the monitor, also the reason 60fps became the standard). So that's normal and fine, people are use to that.

Add another frame of input delay on top of that and some sensitive players may notice somethings not working quite as expected, but that's not too hard to deal with. Once you start going beyond that though it does create issues.

Don't confuse this with reactions times. If you have good visual reaction times you probably need 200 ms to respond to a stimuli. But that's not the same thing as noticing a delay between a button press and an action, or noticing your combo is dropping because the timing is off because of lag. People can't react to a single frame of data, but they can notice it, big difference.

#277 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The standard for most games, especially fighting games, is 60fps. That makes a frame roughly 16.7 milliseconds. The native input delay on an arcade cab running Street Fighter 2 is a little over 4 frames (this is in part due to the 60hz refresh cycle of the monitor, also the reason 60fps became the standard). So that's normal and fine, people are use to that.
Add another frame of input delay on top of that and some sensitive players may notice somethings not working quite as expected, but that's not too hard to deal with. Once you start going beyond that though it does create issues.
Don't confuse this with reactions times. If you have good visual reaction times you probably need 200 ms to respond to a stimuli. But that's not the same thing as noticing a delay between a button press and an action, or noticing your combo is dropping because the timing is off because of lag. People can't react to a single frame of data, but they can notice it, big difference.

Thank you for that explanation. I knew voice latency was a poor comparison but figured someone would understand my question - even though I couldn't express it well.

Yeah, reaction time vs button/action as 2 different values. Got it now.

Thanks again.

#278 7 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Thank you for that explanation. I knew voice latency was a poor comparison but figured someone would understand my question - even though I couldn't express it well.
Yeah, reaction time vs button/action as 2 different values. Got it now.
Thanks again.

Cool and courteous reply

#279 7 months ago

I ordered the Centipede cab for my wife a couple weeks back. I have a real nice Mame cab with LEDBlinky that even tells you what each button is for on each game but she said it is to complicated to use. She wanted something she could just turn on and play, so this fits the bill. I see them selling a lot the first run. Frys.com had a deluxe for preorder but they sold out before I could get one. Would rather have the deluxe as I really like Tempest and have yet to put a spinner knob on my cab.

Deluxe (resized).jpg
#280 7 months ago

Sorry, fry’s.com had a deluxe version that has all those games? We don’t have frys in Canada I wonder what shipping would be? I think I like that one too.

#281 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

because of the timing of the input lag emulation provides...

While that is a factor it isn't what I meant On the Pandora if you hack in MK1 , it runs at like 1/3rd speed (or slower) if you have sound enabled and the sound is super choppy. If you turn off sound you can have it running at about 80% speed. Its the same for all the Wolf and T Unit and Y Unit games the emulation is just slow.

The game selection on that Fry's Deluxe looks great , love me some Crystal Castles, if only it had Arkanoid on there too

#282 7 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

While that is a factor it isn't what I meant On the Pandora if you hack in MK1 , it runs at like 1/3rd speed (or slower) if you have sound enabled and the sound is super choppy. If you turn off sound you can have it running at about 80% speed. Its the same for all the Wolf and T Unit and Y Unit games the emulation is just slow.
The game selection on that Fry's Deluxe looks great , love me some Crystal Castles, if only it had Arkanoid on there too

Word man, yeah, pandoras box is pretty under powered and uses an old version of mame to run its game selection, have you tried playing MK,2,3 U3 on a current mame setup? its actually not too bad.

#283 7 months ago

I would pay a lot if they made a Dragons Lair 1 2 and Space Ace version.

#284 7 months ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I would pay a lot if they made a Dragons Lair 1 2 and Space Ace version.

Oh, that does sound like a great combo. I’d buy that

#285 7 months ago

Those laserdisc games are cool to look at for sure, but the "gameplay" is awful and totally not fun. I run the Daphne emu on my cabinet and will keep it in attract mode since it looks fantastic, but I wouldn't pay for a dedicated system that basically plays cartoon clips.

#286 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Those laserdisc games are cool to look at for sure, but the "gameplay" is awful and totally not fun. I run the Daphne emu on my cabinet and will keep it in attract mode since it looks fantastic, but I wouldn't pay for a dedicated system that basically plays cartoon clips.

Hah. Yeah. I'd rather just watch a Youtube video of it. I never understood the "game." I put my money in it once, and waited until I was able to play it. Then the game was over before I even knew what happened.

#287 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Those laserdisc games are cool to look at for sure, but the "gameplay" is awful and totally not fun.

Oh man, I disagree. I love to play them. I can almost complete Dragon Lair 1. 2 is a different story. I find them really fun and different. I have never been able to get Daphne to run correctly. I just bought a Pi to see if I could get it to run on there. Different strokes I guess.

#288 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Word man, yeah, pandoras box is pretty under powered and uses an old version of mame to run its game selection, have you tried playing MK,2,3 U3 on a current mame setup? its actually not too bad.

For sure, it runs great on better hardware. I guess that's what I was getting at, I think these "arcades" are pi or A13 powered , just enough juice to get the games to run. MK is just gonna need more juice , which is going to move the price point up

#289 7 months ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Oh man, I disagree. I love to play them. I can almost complete Dragon Lair 1. 2 is a different story. I find them really fun and different. I have never been able to get Daphne to run correctly. I just bought a Pi to see if I could get it to run on there. Different strokes I guess.

I'm running Daphne on a PC so that's likely why it runs fine.

Just because I wouldn't pay for one certainly doesn't mean others wouldn't. Heck, the cabinets would like great with full sideart and I'm sure people would buy. But I wonder if those buyers have ever played Dragons Lair since it was released in the arcade? It's an elaborate and expensive memory game designed to eat two quarters at a time (first game in my local arcades to be .50 to play instead of a quarter).

#290 7 months ago

I remember when Dragons Lair hit the local arcade. They had a second monitor on top so the crowd gathered round it could watch easier. I didn't get to play it but just enjoyed watching the scenes as the older kids played. Daphne runs well on my pc based cab. If you havent tried BADLANDS on Daphne you're missing out...the timing can be frustrating but that game is really fun.

#291 7 months ago

Check out this review. A few things pointed out about the quality. Looks like the front of cabinet is that cheap thin fiber board material.

#292 7 months ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Check out this review. A few things pointed out about the quality. Looks like the front of cabinet is that cheap thin fiber board material.

Sounds like the reviewer loved it!

You could glue a 1/2" piece of MFD to the back of the thinner front panel if people are worried about break-ins

#293 7 months ago

In wondering how easy it would be to have a light up marquee mod? When assembling the cabinet change that board for plexi. Add a light, wire it off the switch. Shouldn’t be to difficult

#294 7 months ago

FYI for anyone interested, the deluxe model at frys.com is now available to order. Just ordered one myself. I was a bit torn on this whole thing, but figured, even if it sucks it’s not the end of the world, so I will roll the dice. Deluxe model comes with the riser, too.

#295 7 months ago

Arcade1Up answered that there is NO deluxe riser.

They say that is a BB&B mistake and that the only riser is 12" tall.

sad.

#296 7 months ago

In wondering how easy it would be to have a light up marquee mod? When assembling the cabinet change that board for plexi. Add a light, wire it off the switch. Shouldn’t be to difficult

Should be easy.

Who is going to be the first person to send one of these to HEP ?

#297 7 months ago
Quoted from Fizz:

FYI for anyone interested, the deluxe model at frys.com is now available to order. Just ordered one myself. I was a bit torn on this whole thing, but figured, even if it sucks it’s not the end of the world, so I will roll the dice. Deluxe model comes with the riser, too.

https://www.frys.com/product/9649533

12 games, Riser, no tax (for most), free shipping $499

Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Major Havoc
Tempest
Missile Command
Quantum
Millipede
Liberator
Lunar Lander
Crystal Castles
Gravitar
Centipede

So if you were going to buy the Riser @$70 anyway, and you save the sales tax on both (-$21) it's like 8 extra games for $109 more ..... decisions, decisions....

9649533.01.big (resized).jpg9649533.02.big (resized).jpg
#298 7 months ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Looks like Best Buy is getting the Deluxe 12 in 1 cabinet as well.

I'm personally torn. I like the way the Centipede only cab looks better than this 12-in-1 cab, but I like the list of games here better.

Nevertheless, from what I've seen on YouTube, Major Havoc plays nothing like the real thing, so I may be alright sticking with the Centipede only cab. Sucks they fumbled the emulation on that one.

#299 7 months ago

https://www.liberator.com/ NSFW link

Shall we play a game?

#300 7 months ago

UNLIMITED POWER!

wallpaper.wiki-Mame-Arcade-Background-PIC-WPC001811 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.00
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 2337 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside