• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.
#3001 3 years ago

i'm curious how big buck will play. lcd light gun games have not played as well as crt old screens. the last big bug with the bugs and zombies is a disaster. horrible lag time.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i'm curious how big buck will play. lcd light gun games have not played as well as crt old screens. the last big bug with the bugs and zombies is a disaster. horrible lag time.

https://www.sindenlightgun.com/

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:i'm curious how big buck will play. lcd light gun games have not played as well as crt old screens. the last big bug with the bugs and zombies is a disaster. horrible lag time.

Yeah, new method of how it works. However there will be have to be processing time. The delay may be the same or less. No IR though, but the light gun has to support the game to be able to be used.

#3004 3 years ago

I don’t know how to feel about this infinity table. It looks cool, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a big android tablet. All of these games can be played on an iPad with local And online multiplayer support. For the price I’d imagine that you could even buy most of the 50 games in physical form. Monopoly, ticket to ride, catan, all these games are already digital.

2 weeks later
#3005 3 years ago

Sega OutRun just announced. Estimated price of $499.99 for the sit-down model.
https://comicbook.com/gear/news/outrun-launches-as-arcade1ups-first-driving-cabinet/

out (resized).PNGout (resized).PNGout2 (resized).PNGout2 (resized).PNG
#3006 3 years ago

Sit down is pretty cool, I never thought much of Outrun. All the Sprint, Pole Position, Turbo, that is where the nostalgia is for me. Hard Driven and Race Driven I would jump on in a heartbeat they raised the bar. Also I would jump on the driving shooter, Spy Hunter and Road Blaster. Out Run though was always just kinda meh.

#3007 3 years ago

Hurray. Was waiting for a driver. Ugh that it is that driver though.

Can’t wait for a mod kit to turn this into Sugar Rush from Wreck It Ralph

#3008 3 years ago

Outrun was pretty weak from what I remember. They should have done the 4 player off road. Much better game.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Outrun was pretty weak from what I remember. They should have done the 4 player off road. Much better game.

I was thinking the same thing
Wonder if they can do a 2 player Ivan Stewart's OffRoad

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was considering Off Road as part of the Sprint series but realize I have no idea if they were actually related. I was just thinking of all the mutli wheel racers. That is the racing combo they need to do.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Throw in Atari Championship Sprint and SEGA Hot-Rod into that mix.

#3012 3 years ago

I’m glad they are making a driver and I think it will be a good seller for them.
I’m going to wait for them to come out with a newer game that can link to another unit. I feel like they started with an older one player game because if they came out with this AFTER making a more modern linked game they wouldn’t sell near as many of these

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I’m glad they are making a driver and I think it will be a good seller for them.
I’m going to wait for them to come out with a newer game that can link to another unit. I feel like they started with an older one player game because if they came out with this AFTER making a more modern linked game they wouldn’t sell near as many of these

I love your optimism!

#3017 3 years ago

When are they going to make 720 degrees or Dragons Lair? I’d get both.

2 weeks later
#3019 3 years ago

I kind of want to order the BBH A1UP since I'll never find myself purchasing a real unit. Curious about how much "game" is there?

#3020 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I kind of want to order the BBH A1UP since I'll never find myself purchasing a real unit. Curious about how much "game" is there?

I've owned a BBH World the real one...f that thing is heavy. So its technically 2 games, pro and safari however they threw in the 2 "dlc's" so its the full version of pro and safari. It is pretty fun to play alone 1-2 play throughs of each, however as a party game or if you have kids, its a blast. The only issue I had was people who were playing 2 player and were not good, or were not competitive would get easily upset if they played against someone good and they never shot a lot of the animals.

I would love to get this small version...I'd be curious how long it takes the rom to leak....as this is the 1st time these games are playable on non PC hardware with usb key lock...Unless they change the way this game runs.

#3021 3 years ago

I plan on getting BBH, but I don’t plan to pre-buy. It should be out in January and I’ll pick it up then.

#3022 3 years ago

I am thinking about getting a star wars from a guy off craigslist. wanted to see if anyone has one and how durable it has been or if you have had any issues with it.

#3023 3 years ago

I just wonder if it will be fun playing BBH on such a small screen on the arcade1up

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just wonder if it will be fun playing BBH on such a small screen on the arcade1up

You probably need to be a sharpshooter!

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

You probably need to be a sharpshooter!

That or everything will be easier to hit.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That or everything will be easier to hit.

The demos for the light gun tech were pretty impressive, I think it will be an enjoyable experience.

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I am thinking about getting a star wars from a guy off craigslist. wanted to see if anyone has one and how durable it has been or if you have had any issues with it.

I have the Star Wars A1U and really like it. The yoke perhaps isn't arcade grade, but it is solid enough and seems to work well.

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The demos for the light gun tech were pretty impressive, I think it will be an enjoyable experience.

The kid that made it started years ago. I remember him posting it on reddit and I asked a bunch of questions because he was hiding some things he did. The software on his end basically has to support the game, at least back then. So I'm excited for BBH but it will be more exciting to see more gun games, the roms being pulled off the A1up boards and put in mame and what people can do to modify via pc.

#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've owned a BBH World the real one...f that thing is heavy. So its technically 2 games, pro and safari however they threw in the 2 "dlc's" so its the full version of pro and safari. It is pretty fun to play alone 1-2 play throughs of each, however as a party game or if you have kids, its a blast. The only issue I had was people who were playing 2 player and were not good, or were not competitive would get easily upset if they played against someone good and they never shot a lot of the animals.
I would love to get this small version...I'd be curious how long it takes the rom to leak....as this is the 1st time these games are playable on non PC hardware with usb key lock...Unless they change the way this game runs.

Fascinating that these have never been available as a MAME option. That's super cool and I'm excited to see what people do with this!

I've decided NOT to preorder the cab, but I'll probably grab one once I see some reviews (to be sure the tech doesn't suck and that the game at least feels good and is well emulated).

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The kid that made it started years ago. I remember him posting it on reddit and I asked a bunch of questions because he was hiding some things he did. The software on his end basically has to support the game, at least back then. So I'm excited for BBH but it will be more exciting to see more gun games, the roms being pulled off the A1up boards and put in mame and what people can do to modify via pc.

I’m pretty sure they found a way to insert borders onto the screen. All the tech is in the gun and it watches the borders to aim the gun. I was watching a video a while ago that had it working with an emulator on multiple systems. If I recall correctly

#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I have the Star Wars A1U and really like it. The yoke perhaps isn't arcade grade, but it is solid enough and seems to work well.

Have an opportunity to get the limited edition one with the bench for 400. I am going back and forth if I should get it. Will have no warranty support probably since I am buying from a guy off the street. that is the only thing holding me back.

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m pretty sure they found a way to insert borders onto the screen. All the tech is in the gun and it watches the borders to aim the gun. I was watching a video a while ago that had it working with an emulator on multiple systems. If I recall correctly

The gun has a camera, and senses the tv and keeps tabs on it. That allows you to move around and not have to “re-aim” like a wiimote. Then there is a som that does the calculations on where the gun is pointing and where you’re shooting. I would assume it’s similar but his first gen had to only work on pc, and had to support games.

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I got mine day one on release. I love it and have had no issues so far. Glen Planamento also has an aftermarket Yoke he helped design if you want to really upgrade it to something that is much more robust. It's currently sold out but he said more are on the way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L7TVCM2/ref=as_li_tl

#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I got mine day one on release. I love it and have had no issues so far. Glen Planamento also has an aftermarket Yoke he helped design if you want to really upgrade it to something that is much more robust. It's currently sold out but he said more are on the way.
amazon.com link »

Glen helped make the a1up yoke, but is glens yoke even better? I could imagine as the a1up is as cheap as they could

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

amazon.com link »

how much does that yoke run when he has them?

#3036 3 years ago

Anyone tried these? I'm thinking about ordering two to use on a gaming PC/projector/emulator

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

how much does that yoke run when he has them?

I think he said 299 but they are all metal like the actual arcade and can be used in Arcade1up, PC, or a replacement for the real arcade cab as it has all the connections for them.

I plan on getting one at some point. I don't see the all plastic yoke on the 1Up lasting forever.

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone tried these? I'm thinking about ordering two to use on a gaming PC/projector/emulator

This tech is used in the new 1up bbh world. A few members have said they got their gun and it works well. But they just started showing up so more reviews should be coming out

1 month later
#3039 3 years ago

Bunch of new cabinets announced from Arcade1up including:

- 4 player Xmen
- Dragon's Lair / Space Ace
- Tempest
- Killer Instinct

https://arcade1up.com/collections/all-arcade1up-game-machines

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Bunch of new cabinets announced from Arcade1up including:
- 4 player Xmen
- Dragon's Lair / Space Ace
- Tempest
- Killer Instinct
https://arcade1up.com/collections/all-arcade1up-game-machines

Was just going to say the same and include some photos here’s a link to Retro Ralph look at Dragons Lair also

57DA12D7-AFF6-4702-8EA8-0A5CD0C04A10 (resized).png57DA12D7-AFF6-4702-8EA8-0A5CD0C04A10 (resized).png754D6048-C756-4D3A-9536-1259131A0905 (resized).png754D6048-C756-4D3A-9536-1259131A0905 (resized).png

7AF198BD-315E-42A6-9A65-C5BBCF210E75 (resized).jpeg7AF198BD-315E-42A6-9A65-C5BBCF210E75 (resized).jpeg0515EB04-5F14-4EBD-972D-3D3C7AC4F3CA (resized).jpeg0515EB04-5F14-4EBD-972D-3D3C7AC4F3CA (resized).jpeg

#3041 3 years ago

It's great that Dragons Lair and Space Ace come with both games so you just pick the style you want. I thought for sure they were going to make people buy both.

#3042 3 years ago

Also the new legacy cabs

PAC Man cab
what a phenomenally iconic game list this is…a dozen classic BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment titles, packed inside! PAC-MAN™, PAC-LAND™, PAC-MAN™PLUS, SUPER PAC-MAN™, PAC & PAL™, PAC-MANIA™, GALAXIAN™, GALAGA™, DIG DUG™, DIG DUG™II, MAPPY™, and ROMPERS™. ALL included.

Tempest Legacy cab
What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included.
6296F8E7-0B05-49B5-8E10-423F112E0D19 (resized).jpeg6296F8E7-0B05-49B5-8E10-423F112E0D19 (resized).jpegD401F979-1BCA-411E-9B22-64DF065842DB (resized).jpegD401F979-1BCA-411E-9B22-64DF065842DB (resized).jpeg

Street Fighter cab
What a phenomenal game list this is…a dozen classic Capcom titles, packed inside! Street Fighter™, Street Fighter II: World Warrior™, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition™, Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers™, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo™, Darkstalkers™, Strider™, Commando™, Final Fight™, Ghost n Goblins™, and 1944™. ALL included.

243C22F8-89A0-4F40-9608-D168D612CD35 (resized).jpeg243C22F8-89A0-4F40-9608-D168D612CD35 (resized).jpeg

Retro Ralph first look

#3043 3 years ago

Any word on improved controls on that tempest cab, I heard the original spinner and ball were pretty shit.

#3044 3 years ago

Was surprised about Pong

Eight Atari classics that ushered in the video game era: Pong®, Quadra Pong, Pong Doubles®, Warlords®, Pong® Sports, Circus Atari®, Tempest®, and Super Breakout®.

8385B3E1-1AF3-4627-A877-916E05A87D1D (resized).jpeg8385B3E1-1AF3-4627-A877-916E05A87D1D (resized).jpeg
#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Was surprised about Pong
Eight Atari classics that ushered in the video game era: Pong®, Quadra Pong, Pong Doubles®, Warlords®, Pong® Sports, Circus Atari®, Tempest®, and Super Breakout®.
[quoted image]

4 players playing warlords is a lot of fun.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Any word on improved controls on that tempest cab, I heard the original spinner and ball were pretty shit.

Actually, the track ball is just fine. The spinner, on the other hand, was complete rubbish. It made Tempest nearly unplayable. I upgraded to one of these on my 12 in 1. It's a huge improvement.

Spinner (resized).jpgSpinner (resized).jpg

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Actually, the track ball is just fine. The spinner, on the other hand, was complete rubbish. It made Tempest nearly unplayable. I upgraded to one of these on my 12 in 1. It's a huge improvement.
[quoted image]

The spinners on the ATGames Legends Ultimate are very good (Tempest is included in the 300 games). I like the A1Up stuff, but went with the ALU and haven't looked back. It's a great cabinet too with a lot of functionality.

Rob

#3048 3 years ago

Pretty cool looking cabs coming out. Glad I got rid of my SF2 cab before they came out with one with way more games!
I recently bought this
https://arcade1up.com/products/pac-man%e2%84%a2-hdmi-game-console-with-wireless-controller

I actually like it. My daughters can play pretty easily too. What I found out was after playing a lot of pinball standing up and walking and standing at my job all day (elementary physical education teacher) if I want to play some video games I’d rather sit down and relax and play as opposed to having to be at a fixed location.
From what I’ve read I can also add roms to this via a mini sd card and add another controller as well. I’ve never done any rom stuff before so I’ll have a nice project to figure out in the future. For now we are having fun with the 10 games it came with

#3049 3 years ago

I might have to get that Atari legacy. Gravitar looks awesome. I’d never heard of that one before. I was disappointed they didn’t include Lunar Lander, but I think Gravitar might make up for it.

And I’m tempted to replace my Final Fight with the SF2. Same games as on the Final Fight cab, plus all the Street Fighters! The Final Fight cab was great because brawler, platformer (2x!), and shooter. Now add another shooter and some of best fighters ever, and that’s a lot of genres and gameplay value. I wish they dropped Strider and put Puzzle Fighter on there instead, but still.

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

4 players playing warlords is a lot of fun.

I find it difficult enough to play those ancient Pong games, let alone finding 3 other people to play them with me.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.