• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

already have a sf II cab and just bought golden tee. I’ll leave that one as is, but I want to mod the other. On a scale of 1 to tequila shot, how difficult is it to upgrade? Also, is there a place I can download all of the games I want for free or is there a price for that as well?

Pretty easy to mod. If you search my posts in this thread a page or two back, I linked a video how to add a Raspberry Pi to a stock machine. If you replace the monitor with something better that has HDMI outputs, you can skip the encoder board. There are all kinds of A1Up premade images floating around. Very easy to install onto your Pi.

#2952 3 years ago

Hey there, I had done some coaster sets that feature a few of the Arcade 1-Up games...as well as others. TMNT, MK, Rampage...a few others as well.

If anyone is interested, you can check them out here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/whatganonisupto
MK1Coasters (resized).jpgMK1Coasters (resized).jpgMK2Coasters (resized).jpgMK2Coasters (resized).jpgRampageCoasters (resized).jpgRampageCoasters (resized).jpgTurtlesCoasters (resized).jpgTurtlesCoasters (resized).jpg

SF2Coasters (resized).jpgSF2Coasters (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2954 3 years ago

The bench is cool but I didn't realize it's just the standard cab with piece that fits on to it, I wonder if they will do sit downs for others.

#2955 3 years ago

Easy , cheap way to get better sound and subwoofer bass. Sounds really good!
All you need is a headphone splitter and a pair of computer speakers with a sub.

41FFB2C1-EABE-43CA-97A5-4259BEBB0118 (resized).jpeg41FFB2C1-EABE-43CA-97A5-4259BEBB0118 (resized).jpeg12BBD9EA-9C55-42FA-AFF1-5703943B2F2E (resized).jpeg12BBD9EA-9C55-42FA-AFF1-5703943B2F2E (resized).jpeg35F861CF-1E5D-44F1-9851-9C96A1EE0A44 (resized).jpeg35F861CF-1E5D-44F1-9851-9C96A1EE0A44 (resized).jpeg
#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Easy , cheap way to get better sound and subwoofer bass. Sounds really good!
All you need is a headphone splitter and a pair of computer speakers with a sub.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did this on day one with my Star Wars. HUGE difference!

#2957 3 years ago

This guy turns a Star Wars arcade1up into the arcade cockpit for about $500

2 weeks later
#2958 3 years ago

So....

Fall, Marvel license, 10 Zen games, $600 msrp. Haptic feedback and solenoids.
Screenshot_20200610-191225_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200610-191225_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200610-191235_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200610-191235_YouTube (resized).jpg

https://arcade1up.com/products/marvelpinball

marvelpinball_shopify_1000w_04_2048x (resized).pngmarvelpinball_shopify_1000w_04_2048x (resized).pngmarvelpinball_shopify_1000w_02_2048x (resized).pngmarvelpinball_shopify_1000w_02_2048x (resized).png
#2959 3 years ago

Big Buck Hunter, X-Men and Ms. Pac-Man too! I guess Namco got the license back!

https://www.ign.com/articles/arcade1up-ms-pac-man-marvel-x-men-street-fighter-capcom-cabinets

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

https://www.ign.com/articles/arcade1up-ms-pac-man-marvel-x-men-street-fighter-capcom-cabinets

Oh wow! I've been really wanting Ms. Pac-Man, and my wife would love it, but I'm out of space for Arcade1Ups. I have 3. Maybe it's time to invade other rooms in the house besides the game room.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So I heard with the mrs Pac-Man license there was a loophole. AT games license is for a coin op machine or digital download. This machine is neither of those so Namco doesn’t have to pay royalties

#2962 3 years ago

I think I'll get big buck hunter. I'm going to pass on the marvel pinball, I'll wait for AFM and MM to be released.

Screenshot_20200611-121547_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200611-121547_Photos (resized).jpg
#2963 3 years ago

As soon as you can put additional tables on a pin I will buy one. Hopefully 1up is smart enough to make me able to pay them to do that because I am sure the community will find a way to make it happen.

#2964 3 years ago

I watched a Q and A on YouTube after the ign reveal last night. They commented there was special sauce to get the haptic feedback working with each table, so you wouldn’t just be able to add games, but we’ll see

#2965 3 years ago

The virtual pin makes me excited for a table with Williams stuff on it

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So....
Fall, Marvel license, 10 Zen games, $600 msrp. Haptic feedback and solenoids.
[quoted image][quoted image]
https://arcade1up.com/products/marvelpinball
[quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the lockdown bar, instant fail. I had one like that . Lasted 5 minutes.

That sharp corner should not pass quality control.

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think I'll get big buck hunter. I'm going to pass on the marvel pinball, I'll wait for AFM and MM to be released.
[quoted image]

Yup, I'm in the same boat. BBH for sure, really miss my World arcade unit, but dang the real ones are so big and the CRT blah. virtual AFM would be a nice addition to my kids room

#2968 3 years ago

He also mentioned for the light gun there working with a new company that doesn’t need a sensor bar. It looks to be quite interesting.

https://www.sindenlightgun.com/

#2969 3 years ago

Supposedly AtGames has a virtual pinball coming out in Q4 as well and the leaked specs look promising. 32" playfield screen (larger than A1U's) and it's a little bit taller than A1U's. Most importantly it'll have the functionality to bring your own games (BYOG) and it'll have wifi capabilities. So if you buy Pinball Arcade and Zen games through Steam, you should be able to load them onto your game. This is exactly what I want. I don't want multiple virtual pinball machines in my house. Give me one and let me load it up! So I'm holding out hope that AtGames delivers a great product this fall/winter.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Supposedly AtGames has a virtual pinball coming out in Q4 as well and the leaked specs look promising. 32" playfield screen (larger than A1U's) and it's a little bit taller than A1U's. Most importantly it'll have the functionality to bring your own games (BYOG) and it'll have wifi capabilities. So if you buy Pinball Arcade and Zen games through Steam, you should be able to load them onto your game. This is exactly what I want. I don't want multiple virtual pinball machines in my house. Give me one and let me load it up! So I'm holding out hope that AtGames delivers a great product this fall/winter.

Yup, once I saw you can BYOG, I figured I'd wait for At Games, however, their quality is usually junk, so we shall see. However their Legends arcade cab has some praises too.....

He also mentioned for the light gun there working with a new company that doesn’t need a sensor bar. It looks to be quite interesting.
https://www.sindenlightgun.com/

I remember when the guy from euro who created it was talking about doing this. Here is where he explains it. I feel like this is different tech than when he started years ago. I'm just happy someone is working on something. I know a team was working on the DC to convert its light guns to lcd.

TLDR: Uses a camera in the tip of the gun to sense the LCD screen corners, and where it is pointing at. Uses software to convert the pointed at, to a mouse cursor then uses software to calculate where on the screen it's shooting. Clever idea actually, and I remember when this was first announced it was mame or pc only for prototype.

#2971 3 years ago

AtGames might have the winning combination with a BYOG system like they use on the arcade legends cabinet. I haven’t tried it personally, but have only heard positive reviews. Apparently with the AL cabinet when you plug an AtGames Flashback mini into it, the games will automagically populate on the main software page. So hopefully it’s a nice clean user experience.

northvibe your right, he mentioned the screen boundaries are picked up by the gun, and all the tech is in the gun, there’s no light bar. I think it looks sweet

1 week later
#2972 3 years ago

Apparently with the AL cabinet when you plug an AtGames Flashback mini into it, the games will automagically populate on the main software page.

So this is not accurate. I have owned both A1up and ATGames cabs. The plug and play products would be available via the additional HDMI ports and, if powered up properly and in the correct order, could function on the cabinet and use the cab's controls to play the game. The games, like Pacman, were ports of originaly Nintendo, and not the arcade versions, so that was disappointing. The Bring Your Own Game functionality was excellent on AtGames, allowing you to bring games onto the cab, and again use the cabinet controls to run the game.

Enjoyed Golden Tee, NBA Jam, Bowling, and even a 2k20 roster updated mod for Tecmo Bowl. The build quality on AtGames was bad. I sold my cabinet because it never felt like it was going to hold up well. Since they are impossible to find, I didn't lose any $$ on it, but looking to buy the ATGames Legends Gaer model (just the controls without the cabinet) for like $200. It will be a good buy and will be very customizable. Also wireless hdmi should be a neat way to connect the controller to the TV, or build a custom cabinet for it.

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

So this is not accurate.

You could be correct I don’t know for sure.

I’m pretty sure I watched a recent video on YouTube where he plugged an AtGames legends flashback mini console into the AtGames arcade and the games from the mini were playable with the arcade controls. I went looking for the video, and can’t find it with a quick search.

Here’s a video at the 11-12 min, he connects the systems, with poor results. This video was from a while ago and may have been fixed through software, but the other video had better results if I remember correctly.

Their web site advertise some level of connection
010B29F1-EDC4-46B2-98A0-058C5EB65CD0 (resized).png010B29F1-EDC4-46B2-98A0-058C5EB65CD0 (resized).png

4 weeks later
#2974 3 years ago

Asked in another thread but thinking now that this might be the better place for it. Anyone have experience with this mod? https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1up-mod-kit-bundle/
I've been looking at it for a month. Mixed reviews from some of the arcade forums but not sure if it's just people being picky or bad product. I just want something that is fairly plug and play to turn my SF2 into a MAME cab. I know I can build my own but I did all that with VP. This time I value my time more and just want it all ready to go for me.

#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Asked in another thread but thinking now that this might be the better place for it. Anyone have experience with this mod? https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1up-mod-kit-bundle/
I've been looking at it for a month. Mixed reviews from some of the arcade forums but not sure if it's just people being picky or bad product. I just want something that is fairly plug and play to turn my SF2 into a MAME cab. I know I can build my own but I did all that with VP. This time I value my time more and just want it all ready to go for me.

If you are willing to spend more, there are higher quality plug and play kits.

Tulsa Arcades (if in stock). Nice quality stuff. Availability is an issue. If you are willing to wait 10 weeks (yuck) they are at the sweet spot of quality and price.

https://www.tulsaarcades.com/arcade-store.html#/

X99 Lives Arcade. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

https://99livesarcade.com/store

——————————————————

Diy retro arcade is less plug and play but decent reviews, including by pinsiders. If you don’t want to go retropie, these seem like the folks to use.

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Check your local craigslist and facebook ads. There were multiple people in my area offering ARCADE1UP services, and I had one built for me. All in all I spent maybe $200 more for my setup than I would have if I built it myself, but that included having the unit assembled, hardware upgraded, and software already installed. Probably saved myself 8 hours of struggle and got exactly what I wanted. Totally worth it.

2 weeks later
#2977 3 years ago

Just finished my 60 in 1 Galaga conversion.
60 in 1 Jamma pcb with Jamma harness and switching power supply.
Tornado Terry's 4-way joystick and Happ buttons.
20" Dell monitor that is slanted back to look more like a real arcade game. Also much easier to view.
DIY built 15" high riser.
Light up marquee.
I bought 2 of these Galaga cabs when they were on clearance so willing to trade this one for different games if anyone is local and doesn't want to do the work themselves.

a1up 02 (resized).jpga1up 02 (resized).jpga1up 04 (resized).jpga1up 04 (resized).jpga1up 03 (resized).jpga1up 03 (resized).jpga1up 05 (resized).jpga1up 05 (resized).jpga1up 06 (resized).jpga1up 06 (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Game is sold.

#2978 3 years ago

Nice job on the conversion. I’m going to do that on a space invaders shortly. Ordered a new control deck from diyretrocade.

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Nice job on the conversion. I’m going to do that on a space invaders shortly. Ordered a new control deck from diyretrocade.

Thanks, I built everything myself, including the light up marquee. If you need any pointers let me know.
PS. The Dell 20" monitor w/4:3 ratio really looks great. I've owned just about all the top real video games from the 80's and have no complaints on using a LCD over a CRT. I used to be 100% against them too.

1 week later
#2980 3 years ago

Just announced!!!
Supreme edition MK.
Gonna be the most expensive A1up cab out.

A7CBCD26-D96B-4027-B6D7-A7ADEAB02DB4 (resized).jpegA7CBCD26-D96B-4027-B6D7-A7ADEAB02DB4 (resized).jpeg
#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just announced!!!
Supreme edition MK.
[quoted image]

I can't even tell if this is a joke.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Unfortunately it’s not.
It’s up on their website.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Quoted from arcademojo:

Unfortunately it’s not.

holy f. I thought this was fake when I saw it on FB....

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Unfortunately it’s not.

I think the supreme shit makes it worth less money. I'd give them $99.99 for it. That is fugly!

1 week later
#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just announced!!!
Supreme edition MK.
[quoted image]

Downey Facepalm.gifDowney Facepalm.gif

#2986 3 years ago

How much do you think the Supreme MKs will sell for?

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How much do you think the Supreme MKs will sell for?

My guess, $2k

#2988 3 years ago

My wife surprised me with my first Arcade1up yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with this thing. Plus, NBA Jam is so much fun.

NBA Jam and Maiden (resized).jpgNBA Jam and Maiden (resized).jpgNBA Jam close up (resized).jpgNBA Jam close up (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

My wife surprised me with my first Arcade1up yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with this thing. Plus, NBA Jam is so much fun.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you add the control panel lighting or is that standard?

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Did you add the control panel lighting or is that standard?

Some of the nba jam cabinets do come with control deck lighting. But i thought it was just white lights, this looks like rgb lighting.

#2991 3 years ago

There is one on Craigslist for $400 with a stool...good price?
$350 without stool

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

There is one on Craigslist for $400 with a stool...good price?
$350 without stool

Not really a great price but about $80 less then new. They can still be found in stores for new for $399 without stool.

#2993 3 years ago

Man I kind of want the NBA Jam one. I already have a couple, TMNT and Final Fight. I’ve always wanted a full size nba jam cab but doubt I would play it much. For 400 I might do it. How is the online Match making?

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Man I kind of want the NBA Jam one. I already have a couple, TMNT and Final Fight. I’ve always wanted a full size nba jam cab but doubt I would play it much. For 400 I might do it. How is the online Match making?

About 6:30 he starts to show the online menu system

1 month later
#2995 3 years ago

They have a new cab at Costco with a few pac man games plus Galaga galaxian and dig dug. One of the pac man games is pac man land which I had never played but was fun. Lit marque riser and full graphics on cab and riser. $399.99. If it would have had rally x I think I would have gotten it

#2996 3 years ago

Anyone offer the big buck?

#2997 3 years ago

This is different....

And pricey!

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is different....
And pricey!

I actually like that

#2999 3 years ago

If they got the rights to the AMI Megatouch games, it’d be an instant buy for me. I’ve burned through so many old Megatouch games in my game room because they’re so much fun, especially with the adult crowd.

-Doug

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:This is different....
And pricey!

It really is an idea with potential. It isn't cheap though -- hell, you'd be 70% of the way to a stern pinball topper with that kind of money! (for the deluxe version, you could actually get two of the standard models for the price of one topper)

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/60?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.