• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 63.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Dragons lair comes out on every new platform. The last one I saw just a regular blu ray.

I rented that one when it came out. Plays with your remote control, surprisingly fun and captures the essence of the original game. Neat!

PS - The phone/tablet version that came out was pretty good too. Never noticed it looking bad due to not being on a CRT .. now I'm curious what the CRTs were hiding ..

#2902 4 years ago

If it was cel animation they probably did a high def transfer at some point.

#2903 4 years ago

Can’t find these A1U on clearance anymore. Found a Street Fighter locally on CL for $150 and was thinking about getting this and modding it with the raspberry pi thingy. Worth it or not?

#2904 4 years ago

Whats the typical cost to upgrade to a raspberry pi set up?

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

100-200

Depending on the grade of hardware and such

#2906 4 years ago

I get all the hardware that needs to purchased and installed, it’s the ROMS that you need to download on a SD card that I don’t understand how to do.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I get all the hardware that needs to purchased and installed, it’s the ROMS that you need to download on a SD card that I don’t understand how to do.

Just go searching for an all inclusive image, I think you’ll find several that are ready to go with everything included (usually in a link on a YouTube video of a guy showing off his work)

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Quoted from Chosen_S:

100-200
Depending on the grade of hardware and such

Sounds about right for my Amazon shopping list.

For double the cost you can pay someone local or on Etsy to pretty much do everything for you. (Including drilling extra holes).

#2909 4 years ago

Did my SF for $300. $150 for the 1up and $150 for the parts.

#2910 4 years ago

I don’t like the raspberry pi solution. 1) I didn’t want to drill more holes in the cabinet. 2) I didn’t want over saturation of games. 3) I only wanted arcade games (I have other systems for those games), and 4) I wanted a plug and play option, no computer setup. No learning curve.

I decided on the Pandora’s box 5 home edition. You only need a controller for the lcd screen. The A1up power switch can turn it off and on. It can be put on free play, don’t need coin buttons, and a long press of player 1 start brings up a menu to exit the game. No need for exit buttons. The Pandora’s box has over 2000 games, I trimmed the list down to the best 30 fighting games (it’s in a sf2 cab).

The arcade1up power supply works for the Pandora’s box. You can get a second power supply for the monitor, or buy a 12v 6A power and run both off of the same power supply.

Pandora’s box
http://s.aliexpress.com/riA73uIn
Lcd controller
http://s.aliexpress.com/YnIN7vuI

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Arcadepunks.com for images.

Search out the ETA Prime channel on YT. He has all kinds of tutorials. A lot of people upgrade their monitors to 19" Dell PC monitors. If you do that, you don't need the LCD conversion board, as the monitor will already have compatible outputs (you'll need a DVI or VGA to HDMI cord though). Wish I knew this from the start!

#2912 4 years ago

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.

Thoughts?

#2913 4 years ago

So how difficult is setting up a raspberry pi with arcade controls and just a handful of games like all the 4 player Konami games? Is there a wire harness kit to simplify everything?

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.
Thoughts?

Quoted from konghusker:

So how difficult is setting up a raspberry pi with arcade controls and just a handful of games like all the 4 player Konami games? Is there a wire harness kit to simplify everything?

Basically you need to plug all of your buttons and joystick into the USB converter board, then that goes into the pi
https://smile.amazon.com/Hikig-Buttons-joysticks-Controller-Raspberry/dp/B07JFXQSM5/ref=sr_1_3

The pi has 4 USB ports so you should be ok there

Lots of people buy these kits because it's all in one, but you can buy the boards, buttons, sticks separate if you want to use better grade components.

There's a tutorial done by ETA prime on adding a pi to your A1U. It's very easy. I would highly suggest watching that.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Thoughts?

I suggest you take your family to Walmart and test out the size of the tiny control panel, you’ll all be elbowing each other for space

#2916 4 years ago

That is a good point...but kids are young still and we are small people...

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

That is a good point...but kids are young still and we are small people...

4412275E-F8EB-4D2D-BE5F-6B53E6145E66 (resized).jpeg4412275E-F8EB-4D2D-BE5F-6B53E6145E66 (resized).jpeg
#2918 4 years ago

I agree that 4 players would be really tight. I play with my kids (4 and 6) on the SF cab and i'm bumping elbows. I've played with my wife and it gets cozy. I can't imagine 4 adults around a TMNT cab, unless you built a larger control panel to create more space, or you're really comfortable with them.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

If it was cel animation they probably did a high def transfer at some point.

That depends if Bluth Studios still had an original 35mm print to make it from. Otherwise, it's still only 400 line interlaced video resolution that's been upscaled.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That depends if Bluth Studios still had an original 35mm print to make it from. Otherwise, it's still only 400 line interlaced video resolution that's been upscaled.

It was remastered for the bluray release a while back and most agree it looks great. Much better than the original laserdisc.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/782/dragonslair.html

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was remastered for the bluray release a while back and most agree it looks great. Much better than the original laserdisc.
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/782/dragonslair.html

But what was the source for the Remaster?

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

There are all sorts of kits available on etsy. When I hade mine I bought a kit installed off someone on facebook marketplace. Totally worth it.

I sold mine last month when I got a full sized multicade, but here is my old ad with a video explanation and some commentary in the discussion thread.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

There are all sorts of kits available on etsy. When I hade mine I bought a kit installed off someone on facebook marketplace. Totally worth it.
I sold mine last month when I got a full sized multicade, but here is my old ad with a video explanation and some commentary in the discussion thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90621

#2924 4 years ago

The only reason we are selling this is because we liked it so much we decided to get a full sized PC based machine.“

I couldn’t recommend this more

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

But what was the source for the Remaster?

Don't know for sure, I would assume the original 35mm negative made off of the original cels.

I've been a movie collector from CED and laserdisc days and the dragons lair triolgy HD blurays look way better than laserdiscs ever did. Wonder if they would ever do a 4k scan?

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't know for sure, I would assume the original 35mm negative made off of the original cels.
I've been a movie collector from CED and laserdisc days and the dragons lair triolgy HD blurays look way better than laserdiscs ever did. Wonder if they would ever do a 4k scan?

Does it say it's 1080p or 1080i?

1 week later
#2927 4 years ago

Centipede is on sale at best buy, but I cant get one ro my town , wth ? Screenshot_20200225-101258_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200225-101258_Chrome (resized).jpg

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Centipede is on sale at best buy, but I cant get one ro my town , wth ? [quoted image]

Dodged a bullet. If you think the Arcade1Up is small...

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Dodged a bullet. If you think the Arcade1Up is small...

My bad I thought it was the arcade 1-up
Thanks

2 weeks later
#2930 4 years ago

Finally finished my Star Wars mini fridge project.

20200316_205247 (resized).jpg20200316_205247 (resized).jpg20200316_205521 (resized).jpg20200316_205521 (resized).jpg20200316_205716 (resized).jpg20200316_205716 (resized).jpg20200316_205834 (resized).jpg20200316_205834 (resized).jpg
#2931 4 years ago

Awesome do you have details how you built it?

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Awesome do you have details how you built it?

Here are some pics to summarize some details.

a1up overview (resized).jpga1up overview (resized).jpga1up front (resized).jpga1up front (resized).jpga1up base and back (resized).jpga1up base and back (resized).jpga1up door decal (resized).jpga1up door decal (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2933 4 years ago

They may be all gone now, but according to Brickseek, most titles (Including Star Wars) were marked down to $50 at Walmart. Just saw it mentioned on Slickdeals, but checked Brickseek for my area, all gone. Guess this hit yesterday, so all scooped up... but maybe a few are still out there.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

They may be all gone now, but according to Brickseek, most titles (Including Star Wars) were marked down to $50 at Walmart. Just saw it mentioned on Slickdeals, but checked Brickseek for my area, all gone. Guess this hit yesterday, so all scooped up... but maybe a few are still out there.

I'm still seeing posts on Facebook about all the $50 deals people were getting. Not in my area, they were still full price. But there are plenty of people buying 4-10 or more. If just to flip.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm still seeing posts on Facebook about all the $50 deals people were getting. Not in my area, they were still full price. But there are plenty of people buying 4-10 or more. If just to flip.

Me too :/ no deals even close.

Star Wars or tmnt would be a fun one to get

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Me too :/ no deals even close.
Star Wars or tmnt would be a fun one to get

I've got my Pi'd out SFII cab, which has all the games that I would want, but I see people with collections of these things. Lots of them are rethemed and heavily modded and a $200 cab ends up with $400+ worth of mods. At the end of the day, the only thing that's stock is the cabinet itself. At a certain point, you would think to make a template and start cutting your own. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Now mind you, I've upgraded my joysticks and will upgrade my buttons, but that's only because the stock joystick and buttons are junk.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've got my Pi'd out SFII cab, which has all the games that I would want, but I see people with collections of these things. Lots of them are rethemed and heavily modded and a $200 cab ends up with $400+ worth of mods. At the end of the day, the only thing that's stock is the cabinet itself. At a certain point, you would think to make a template and start cutting your own. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Now mind you, I've upgraded my joysticks and will upgrade my buttons, but that's only because the stock joystick and buttons are junk.

I sold a bunch of mine off because I didn't and knew I wouldn't play them. I kept my rampage, final fight and centipede. I was thinking I would just have 1 to mod and all the games on there, what really is the point of 20 1up's taking up space? its that collecting shiny object thing...people just love to buy/have new stuff....

#2938 4 years ago

I have someone who wants to sell a new Asteroids 1up for $200. Should I get it and use this one to mod if I choose later? I have golden tee and Star Wars already but modding those wouldn’t make sense.

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have someone who wants to sell a new Asteroids 1up for $200. Should I get it and use this one to mod if I choose later? I have golden tee and Star Wars already but modding those wouldn’t make sense.

Someone on youtube shows his modded star wars arcade1up playing star wars arcade trilogy and star wars battlepod. The yoke controller works great on those games (as well as driving games). Since he posted that video he has also tried the gamecube star wars rogue squandron II rogue leader which also looks great. He still has the original atari versions in there as well. I'm considering doing it on my star wars.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I sold a bunch of mine off because I didn't and knew I wouldn't play them. I kept my rampage, final fight and centipede. I was thinking I would just have 1 to mod and all the games on there, what really is the point of 20 1up's taking up space? its that collecting shiny object thing...people just love to buy/have new stuff....

Exactly, it's the "rush" of buying something and having it. Then it wears off and people are left with modded games that they're trying to sell for what they put into it. Same as pinball, except pinball holds it's value most of the time (minus mods).

#2941 4 years ago

Picked up 2 Galaga cabs for the $50 dollar deal this morning.
Got up and checked, sure enough they had just put them on brickseek. Was there about an hour after they opened. They had 6 of them. All marked at $199. Spoke to the manager and said most Walmarts were dumping them at $50. She did a little digging and came back to me with $50 each. Would only let me buy 2. I would have bought them all to mod for myself. The other 4 sold before I left the store. LOL She limited everyone else to one each. I just checked the same stor on brickseek and now they have 4 Final Fight cabs at $50. They are closed now and I work tomorrow morning so can't get any of them.
My advise to people saying they are still marked up is to go out and talk to a sales person or manager.

#2942 4 years ago

already have a sf II cab and just bought golden tee. I’ll leave that one as is, but I want to mod the other. On a scale of 1 to tequila shot, how difficult is it to upgrade? Also, is there a place I can download all of the games I want for free or is there a price for that as well?

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from remf:

already have a sf II cab and just bought golden tee. I’ll leave that one as is, but I want to mod the other. On a scale of 1 to tequila shot, how difficult is it to upgrade? Also, is there a place I can download all of the games I want for free or is there a price for that as well?

I had an Arcade 1 up multicade that I sold for a full MAME setup. The 1up multicade is by far the best bang for your buck. I didn't build mine myself, but bought one of of a local on facebook making them for $800. I ended up selling it for $600 6 months later and it was totally worth it. From what I've seen, making one of these takes forever the first time, but is easy the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. I'd recommend checking your local facebook to see if anyone has some of these already made. Additionally, there are some other cool conversions and kits out there in odd places... like Etsy.

If you are comfortable with woodwork but uncomfortable with downloading and compliling games, a quick search comes up with stuff like this for $25. https://www.etsy.com/listing/777730884/15500-games-retropie-4510-for-raspberry?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pi+mame&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&cns=1
Good luck!

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Exactly, it's the "rush" of buying something and having it. Then it wears off and people are left with modded games that they're trying to sell for what they put into it. Same as pinball, except pinball holds it's value most of the time (minus mods).

Yup! I would buy any cab at $50 though. It is worth the few hours I'd play. I saved one centipede to mod, but have not had time to do what I want yet....need to test one more thing.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup! I would buy any cab at $50 though. It is worth the few hours I'd play. I saved one centipede to mod, but have not had time to do what I want yet....need to test one more thing.

Yeah... if they are all on sale and you are buying them to mod, go based off of art style. I had my guy build mine from an Asteroids Cab but put in the Street Fighter 2 buttons. I just liked the art.

#2946 4 years ago

I ended up getting a used rampage cabinet that was dead off FB marketplace. It was physically in nice shape just DOA. Sold the original control panel and LCD to help offset the cost of the upgrades. I had an old HP 17" monitor that fit perfect once I took off the plastic housing and it has a much better picture than the original screens. I've also had a 900 in 1 God of Game Jamma module kicking around so I used that in the build. Picked up the rampage kickplate graphics from Arcadegraphix ( https://arcadegraphix.com/ ) and one of the skinned replacement control decks from ( https://www.diyretroarcade.com/collections/a1u-34-skinned/products/skinned-rampage-replacement-cpo-control-deck-for-arcade1up ) Has Sanwa sticks with the heavier 4lb springs and 8 way restrictor plates. Power switch on the top like a regular arcade. Overall I'm happy with the way thiis one turned out.

20200401_174539 (resized).jpg20200401_174539 (resized).jpg20200303_213933 (resized).jpg20200303_213933 (resized).jpg20200303_215410 (resized).jpg20200303_215410 (resized).jpg20200303_215419 (resized).jpg20200303_215419 (resized).jpg
#2947 4 years ago

got the final fight for $50, one day ill build it and mod it lol

#2948 4 years ago

Anyone see porfuk.top prices? I'm pretty sure porfuk.top is a scam. When I looked up the address it was a house in WA Anyways, it's annoying to see ppl talk about the deals shown on brickseek coz they are never near me.

#2949 4 years ago

I finally cracked and ordered a Star Wars 1UP online, got tired of waiting for a great deal. Amazon has it for $415 shipped plus I had $95 amazon credit (thanks to a office remodel and buying a ton of stuff off Amazon) so it wasn't that bad. Should be here Wednesday, looking forward to having it in my room. I remember playing the original Star Wars game as well as the RotJ but don't remember playing ESB. The cabinet looks great though with the lighted Marquee and the side panel graphics.

#2950 4 years ago

Usually spam in your mailbox isn't very useful... however, this morning's junk mail yielded the announcement from Arcade1Up that a very good deal on a spare part (for modding purposes) is available.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-decks/products/star-wars™-control-deck

$99 bucks so I don't need to mod my Star Wars cabinet and also a backup is a good deal.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/59?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.