• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 63.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Just a little heads up that the Star Wars 1Up with riser is selling on Amazon for the next 8 hours for $371.99 with free prime shipping. $77 less than Walmarts current price.
amazon.com link »

I have one of these and the yoke feels great and the emulation is good too.

Although a vector monitor would be better this is a nice alternative to scratch your 80's arcade itch. I'm going to turn mine into a mini fridge like I did with my Rampage 1up.

rps20181125_223415~02 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223415~02 (resized).jpgrps20191227_211652 (resized).jpgrps20191227_211652 (resized).jpg
#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Does anyone have the Final Fight cab and if so how are you liking it? I currently have 5 machines however they are all in a box still since I haven't had time to build them.
Street Fighter and MK I got on sale and I planned on keeping for the nostalgia. I have dedicated machines but like how small these are can easily be moved around. I have played SF but didn't like the feel of the joystick so have a feeling I will need to replace them along with the ones in my MK to make them feel more like the originals. If anyone has done this already and could give some advise on which sticks and buttons are the best to by I would appreciate it. I know there is a lot of info on modding these but I haven't had time to read all the groups.
Asteroids - Purchased on sale with plans to modify with something like Pandora's box for horizontal games.
Galaga - Purchased on sale with plans to modify into 60-1 for vertical games.
I grabbed Final Fight cause it was on sale at the time but didn't know if I should keep or just return considering I could probably just play those games on the Pandora's box. My favorite game on there is probably Ghosts N' Goblins however I heard all 4 games are pretty solid and it's one of the better groups of games in a single machine.

One of the better cabs with stock games that are fun. Sold most of my other ones but kept that one

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Does anyone have the Final Fight cab and if so how are you liking it? I currently have 5 machines however they are all in a box still since I haven't had time to build them.
Street Fighter and MK I got on sale and I planned on keeping for the nostalgia. I have dedicated machines but like how small these are can easily be moved around. I have played SF but didn't like the feel of the joystick so have a feeling I will need to replace them along with the ones in my MK to make them feel more like the originals. If anyone has done this already and could give some advise on which sticks and buttons are the best to by I would appreciate it. I know there is a lot of info on modding these but I haven't had time to read all the groups.
Asteroids - Purchased on sale with plans to modify with something like Pandora's box for horizontal games.
Galaga - Purchased on sale with plans to modify into 60-1 for vertical games.
I grabbed Final Fight cause it was on sale at the time but didn't know if I should keep or just return considering I could probably just play those games on the Pandora's box. My favorite game on there is probably Ghosts N' Goblins however I heard all 4 games are pretty solid and it's one of the better groups of games in a single machine.

I bought the cocktail version of it for the *ahem* kids for Christmas. This has all the Street Fighter and Final Fight cab games combined. It saves a little space and more room for two people to play. $400 at walmart. Plays great but buttons do feel a bit cheap. Quality is better overall than the Rampage standup I bought a while back. Probably not going to buy another 1up unless they do Smash TV/Total Carnage dual joystick shooting games. Maybe one with driving games. Out Run would kill it.

81nitYEPKUL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81nitYEPKUL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I bought the cocktail version of it for the *ahem* kids for Christmas. This has all the Street Fighter and Final Fight cab games combined. It saves a little space and more room for two people to play. $400 at walmart. Plays great but buttons do feel a bit cheap. Quality is better overall than the Rampage standup I bought a while back. Probably not going to buy another 1up unless they do Smash TV/Total Carnage dual joystick shooting games. Maybe one with driving games. Out Run would kill it.[quoted image]

If you would build or modify one for yourself, you could do total carnage, smash tv, geometry wars, gw2, and several other games if you put a pc in it. I did this with a gutted robotron arcade . Love it

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If you would build or modify one for yourself, you could do total carnage, smash tv, geometry wars, gw2, and several other games if you put a pc in it. I did this with a gutted robotron arcade . Love it

That would be cool but I would have to search for all the parts, figure out how to do it, and get it all to work. Maybe if I had more free time.

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That would be cool but I would have to search for all the parts, figure out how to do it, and get it all to work. Maybe if I had more free time.

understandable, I actually used an xbox 360 and had to order Japanese analog joysticks, they're ridiculous to find... If you ever decide to do the project, I'd be happy to help on the "figuring how to do it" part

#2858 4 years ago

Anyone here want a new Asteroids monitor, CPU, Bezel and wood monitor frame? $40 plus shipping. Was sent as a replacement but converting my game to a multi Williams with 19" monitor.
Now sold.
a1up 01 (resized).jpga1up 01 (resized).jpga1up 02 (resized).jpga1up 02 (resized).jpg

#2859 4 years ago

Holly WOW Batman, 1up just posted they are almost at the 1 million sold mark. The games are getting better with each generation they make. Guess this why they can dump their gen 1 games for so cheap.

#2860 4 years ago

Has anyone seen the Star Wars cab at a discount?

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from weasley:

Has anyone seen the Star Wars cab at a discount?

Amazon had it as a Deal of the Day a couple of weeks ago at ~$130 off. I haven’t seen a better price than that.

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Amazon had it as a Deal of the Day a couple of weeks ago at ~$130 off. I haven’t seen a better price than that.

Agreed. Normally, Walmart online has it for $100 off. I've never seen it for sale on Best Buy more than $50.

#2863 4 years ago

I got mine at dunhams but I think the sale
Is over

#2864 4 years ago

I just bought a SFII cab at Walmart for $199 (used credit card rewards to pay for it so free?) I installed a raspberry pi in it and 'upgraded' the sticks and buttons. Say what you want, but it gives me the same feel of playing a full size cab at 1/3 the price. I'm happy with it and my kids love it. I may or may not upgrade to Sanwa sticks and buttons in the future, if I get sick of playing with the knockoffs.

20200201_094559[1] (resized).jpg20200201_094559[1] (resized).jpg20200201_104059[1] (resized).jpg20200201_104059[1] (resized).jpg
#2865 4 years ago

Just gathered the pieces to put in a Pandora’s box and I also have Octo-Gates for the joysticks. Might be a weekend project.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2866 4 years ago

For any Canadians who might be interested London Drugs has some of these cabinets on sale this week in the flyer for $349 Cdn. Online they have the table-top models on sale for $239.

IMG_7485 (resized).jpgIMG_7485 (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.11.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.11.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.12.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.12.02 AM (resized).png

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just bought a SFII cab at Walmart for $199 (used credit card rewards to pay for it so free?) I installed a raspberry pi in it and 'upgraded' the sticks and buttons. Say what you want, but it gives me the same feel of playing a full size cab at 1/3 the price. I'm happy with it and my kids love it. I may or may not upgrade to Sanwa sticks and buttons in the future, if I get sick of playing with the knockoffs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did the same with our SF2... great idea and works well, but the crappy sticks drive me crazy, and the height is too weird, so they never get played. I am going to try the risers and see if that helps

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did the same with our SF2... great idea and works well, but the crappy sticks drive me crazy, and the height is too weird, so they never get played. I am going to try the risers and see if that helps

The riser puts the control panel at regular cabinet height.

#2869 4 years ago

I bought both Golden Tee and Star Wars. Both kick ass for what they are, especially Star Wars. The controller yoke plays and feels a lot like the original arcade, plus you get all 3 games. Build quality is actually pretty good but I hope the electronics hold up as the PCB in GT went bad after the first week but 1up replaced it under warranty. I’d like to see them do 720 or Tron. Instant buy on either of those for me.

#2870 4 years ago

That’s been my biggest concern is how long the pcb and monitor will last.

#2871 4 years ago

I have had a few running/on for about a year now! No issues so far.

#2872 4 years ago

Golden Tee 1up question. If your playing a game say in the 2K version and finish a course or in a game, is there a way to go back to the main menu to select a different game or different course? Kinda like SW where if you hold the trigger buttons and the top buttons for 5 seconds it goes to the main menu.

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That’s been my biggest concern is how long the pcb and monitor will last.

Even if they don't last long, you can get monitors for very cheap. Plus you can always replace the pcb with a pi call it a day.

Most people are buying them just for the cabs anyway, and putting in a pi and upgrading the control panel.

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Even if they don't last long, you can get monitors for very cheap. Plus you can always replace the pcb with a pi call it a day.
Most people are buying them just for the cabs anyway, and putting in a pi and upgrading the control panel.

Interesting. So I could change the Golden Tee to a multi game with different controls. Where do I find this?

#2875 4 years ago

Maybe some has some insight on the Star Wars one that is advertised on Walmarts FB ad?
That one got my attention.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Maybe some has some insight on the Star Wars one that is advertised on Walmarts FB ad?
That one got my attention.

It’s great honestly. I love mine.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s great honestly. I love mine.

Same here. It’s very nice.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Interesting. So I could change the Golden Tee to a multi game with different controls. Where do I find this?

Start here:
https://retropie.org.uk/

And a video tutorial here:

#2879 4 years ago

I just sold both my arcade1up games, a street fighter 2 and Rampage. I got so many low ball offers it’s not even funny.

I think I’m going to get the Star Wars cab, I can’t wait for upgrades to that

Are there any mods or upgrades for the star wars cab yet?

#2880 4 years ago

Went to Walmart today, the price tag was $449 for Star Wars, I walked away from it and the electronics manager told me to hold on a minute that they were marking prices down. The machine got marked down to $225, I said loader up!

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Went to Walmart today, the price tag was $449 for Star Wars, I walked away from it and the electronics manager told me to hold on a minute that they were marking prices down. The machine got marked down to $225, I said loader up!

Damn thats a score I just searched on line and none are listed for Walmart.com.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Start here:
https://retropie.org.uk/
And a video tutorial here:

That’s pretty awesome. I would want the Street Fighter cabinet so there would be less button adding opposed to my Golden Tee, plus the art wouldn’t match too well. Damn, now I might have to look for one so I can do this mod.

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That’s pretty awesome. I would want the Street Fighter cabinet so there would be less button adding opposed to my Golden Tee, plus the art wouldn’t match too well. Damn, now I might have to look for one so I can do this mod.

I wouldn't do it with a Golden Tee since it would take too much work. The SF cab is probably the best to do it on, because of the button layout, and you can play most games with it without too much modding. The only thing I did was drilled a second hole for a credit button, but I've seen people use the existing on/off and volume switch to credit buttons there, (would still have to drill).

If I were to do it again, I would have spent more for proper Sanwa sticks and buttons, which after playing with my Hori fightstick last night, I might just have to. It is world's better than the knock-off kit I bought.

#2884 4 years ago

The AtGames Legends Ultimate cabs blow the 1ups out of the water! I actually just replaced the MAME cab I built with an ALU and love it!

#2885 4 years ago

I picked up on the legends ultimate cab as well, and happy so far. The game selection is just ok but after watching some vids and firmware update I was able to create my own game packages on a USB key. I upgraded the joysticks to Sanwa, for the small price I feel it was worthwhile.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

The AtGames Legends Ultimate cabs blow the 1ups out of the water! I actually just replaced the MAME cab I built with an ALU and love it!

That's cool, I've been thinking about getting one of these once I finally move in a month -- seems like it had a slightly rough launch, but had some great updates and support. The only thing I really wish I could add to one of these ( or any) cabs is a dynamic Marquee. I don't see that actually ever happening, but a man can dream.

#2887 4 years ago

I actually hooked my MAME PC up to the ALU cab, running CoinOps Next Arcade release. That way I have all the arcade games I wanted.. and Golden Tee Fore!

#2888 4 years ago

Pricing is 600 vs 200 (a lot of times, Walmart has them for even less than 200. I've seen people get their A1U for less than $100).

Can't really go wrong at that price. Like I said, it works for me, with my limited space and my budget. I'd rather spend the extra money on pinball

#2889 4 years ago

FatPanda you have a killer pin lineup! For me space is extremely limited and when I thought to add 1 arcade I knew that I could only choose 1. For those with more space I am envious and yes the Star Wars A1U looks sweet. I really enjoy seeing all the titles they put out and look forward to Dragons Lair and 720... then we will see if limits can be pushed.

#2890 4 years ago

These arcades are too little. I just need to buy real ones. I buy them, the kids play them, it’s awkward ...

Stool, chair, who freakin knows

C3A7ABC9-C8E0-4F40-A068-A23BC4FC4641 (resized).jpegC3A7ABC9-C8E0-4F40-A068-A23BC4FC4641 (resized).jpegE1799D8C-2622-4AE2-AD75-9BFF04BA0637 (resized).jpegE1799D8C-2622-4AE2-AD75-9BFF04BA0637 (resized).jpeg
#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

These arcades are too little. I just need to buy real ones. I buy them, the kids play them, it’s awkward ...
Stool, chair, who freakin knows[quoted image][quoted image]

Those two pictures are hilarious.

For what it’s worth, I’d go with the riser and stool.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

FatPanda you have a killer pin lineup! For me space is extremely limited and when I thought to add 1 arcade I knew that I could only choose 1. For those with more space I am envious and yes the Star Wars A1U looks sweet. I really enjoy seeing all the titles they put out and look forward to Dragons Lair and 720... then we will see if limits can be pushed.

Expect to see dragons lair this year, next year at the latest.

A1U seems to follow their customers wishes and that one of the most wanted.

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Expect to see dragons lair this year, next year at the latest.
A1U seems to follow their customers wishes and that one of the most wanted.

They would have to remaster all the content, I run it via Daphne and it really does not look good on an a modern screen. Those old CRTs really hid a lot. I guess they could just keep it original but I think people would be super disappointed.

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They would have to remaster all the content, I run it via Daphne and it really does not look good on an a modern screen. Those old CRTs really hid a lot. I guess they could just keep it original but I think people would be super disappointed.

As long as they can accurately recreate the death animation, they’ll have 99% of the gameplay experience

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I haven't played it in a long time, but didn't they have a version of this for the ipad that looked pretty decent? I think they've made a million versions of Dragon's lair over the years so hopefully getting it to look decent on a LCD won't be too hard.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I haven't played it in a long time, but didn't they have a version of this for the ipad that looked pretty decent? I think they've made a million versions of Dragon's lair over the years so hopefully getting it to look decent on a LCD won't be too hard.

Yeah that's a good point if it looks good on an iPad it might be ok. I have a 21" 1600x1200 in my cab and its pretty ugly. What size and resolution are the 1up screens, they are pretty small aren't they?

#2897 4 years ago

Well everything seems pretty small in the 1ups, but I think the screen might be 19"s on most. DL would be a cool machine for them to emulate especially with the attract mode. Nothing says 80's arcade to me more than the Dragon's lair attract mode going off every five minutes (well, maybe I wouldn't have it on all the time . . .).

#2898 4 years ago

I checked and the 1up screens are only 17" so it would probably be fine. I know the first time I played it on my cab I was very surprised how bad it looked. I just remember it being the most amazing game I had ever seen. I think it would be bigger than Star Wars especially if they can keep the price down.

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah that's a good point if it looks good on an iPad it might be ok. I have a 21" 1600x1200 in my cab and its pretty ugly. What size and resolution are the 1up screens, they are pretty small aren't they?

It's been on a ton of gaming consoles too. PS2 even had a copy, now PS4 and Switch currently do.

#2900 4 years ago

Dragons lair comes out on every new platform. The last one I saw just a regular blu ray.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/58?hl=snappahead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.