• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 63.
#2751 4 years ago

Just setup my rampage and audio/video is laggy/skippy then when I play defender it locks up once you start a game :/ ugh see how this warranty goes

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

A challenger has arrived! Two spinners, trackball, 12 buttons, two sticks, upgradable... I saw this advertised on Facebook and thought it was sketchy. Lo and behold, here’s a link to it on Walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AtGames-Legends-Ultimate-Home-Arcade/571847540?u1=571847540&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=XFIFcKTWIhA&sourceid=17980989464161878404&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
Still not sure it’s real

20 a month or it bricks itself.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just setup my rampage and audio/video is laggy/skippy then when I play defender it locks up once you start a game :/ ugh see how this warranty goes

I’ve had very good service from them on warranty issues.

#2754 4 years ago

Anyone else know of any deals on the turtles 1up outside of the Walmart bf one. I can’t fit the real one in the house so I’d like to pic one of these up for the kids.

1 week later
#2756 4 years ago

Hit some Black Friday sales while visiting our daughter at NMU in Marquette, Michigan.

Their Walmart had all the 1UPs, including Golden Tee, for $99 and Turtles for $249. The ride home was a little tight, but I grabbed a few.

IMG_20191129_142854 (resized).jpgIMG_20191129_142854 (resized).jpg
#2757 4 years ago

Nice grab!

#2758 4 years ago

Wish I could stumble across a deal like that. Ours was $349 for TMNT and I think $300 for golden tee

#2759 4 years ago

Would love to find GT at $100.

I managed to get the Asteroids/Tempest for $75 a couple months ago but couldn't find the Centipede to go with it.

I have been looking but no deals by me lately although I did get a riser for $20 and now they are back up to $45 again. I think after Christmas they will go down again.

#2760 4 years ago

Let's you search the Walmarts in your area by zip code.
https://deals.consolekits.com/

#2761 4 years ago

Go look at your local dump, probably find one there too.

#2762 4 years ago

A few on sale online at Gamestop--some countercades. Star Wars is $429.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=arcade1up&lang=default

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Let's you search the Walmarts in your area by zip code.
https://deals.consolekits.com/

Apparently there are no Walmarts in my zip code.

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

A few on sale online at Gamestop--some countercades. Star Wars is $429.
https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=arcade1up&lang=default

It has been $399 at Walmart for a couple weeks now.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

That's where I got mine and they have free shipping. It's cool that you get all 3 games in one and the riser too. It's a lot more sturdy than I thought it would be, especially the controller.

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

It would be about equal if paying with a ton of trade credit since there's no tax when using that.

#2767 4 years ago

Anyone have or played the TMNT one? I’m thinking of getting it for my kids for Christmas. Hoping to find one on sale.

#2768 4 years ago

As long as you're playing with kids, four players is fine. Four big guys would be awkward.

It plays fine for the most part. There is some slowdown in the Technodrome levels when playing 4p that I don't remember in the actual arcade game.

I'll be putting 2lb or 4lb springs in the sticks, but that's a personal choice. The 1UP sticks across the board are pretty light.

IMG_20191205_191030 (resized).jpgIMG_20191205_191030 (resized).jpg
#2769 4 years ago

Yeah it would be more for the kids and their friends. I’m assuming the sticks and buttons can be upgraded with actual arcade parts? Also anyone done the retro pie avenue? If it gets enough use I could see wanting to throw a few more 4 player games in the mix.

#2770 4 years ago

They're generic Sanwa-type parts so yeah, it's all upgradeable.

Honestly though, I'd just buy a better, empty cabinet before I started pouring any real money into these. At clearance prices, they're semi-disposable fun.

I've upgraded the springs in this and MK and changed to 8-way gates in MK. I might spring for lighted marquees if I decide to keep them. Starting with clearance priced games, I can justify that. The cheap cabinets aren't worth upgrading much more than that, at least to me.

#2771 4 years ago

Good to know. A local Walmart has some for 250 so I figure I might get it for my kids.

I also have some spare buttons at least and maybe some sticks from older cabs and fight sticks.

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

They're generic Sanwa-type parts so yeah, it's all upgradeable.
Honestly though, I'd just buy a better, empty cabinet before I started pouring any real money into these. At clearance prices, they're semi-disposable fun.
I've upgraded the springs in this and MK and changed to 8-way gates in MK. I might spring for lighted marquees if I decide to keep them. Starting with clearance priced games, I can justify that. The cheap cabinets aren't worth upgrading much more than that, at least to me.

The buttons in the arcade one up cabinets are next to the worst buttons I’ve ever seen or experienced. Yes they work for now, I highly doubt for long-term use they will work as good as real Arcade machines. The only thing they have in common with Sun The buttons in the arcade one up cabinets are next to the worst buttons I’ve ever seen or experienced. Yes they work for now, I highly doubt for long-term use they will work as good as real arcade buns. The only thing they have in common with Sanwa Buttons, is the hole size that they fit in

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The buttons in the arcade one up cabinets are next to the worst buttons I’ve ever seen or experienced. Yes they work for now, I highly doubt for long-term use they will work as good as real Arcade machines. The only thing they have in common with Sun The buttons in the arcade one up cabinets are next to the worst buttons I’ve ever seen or experienced. Yes they work for now, I highly doubt for long-term use they will work as good as real arcade buns. The only thing they have in common with Sanwa Buttons, is the hole size that they fit in

True, but luckily the real arcade buttons are cheap and once replaced you're good for a while.

#2774 4 years ago

Well I grabbed one for 250 (TMNT). Hopefully the kids enjoy it. I don't mind replacing the buttons and joysticks if needed. I don't think I'll go crazy and mod it outside of putting commercial grade buttons and sticks on it. If not super expensive I could see adding a pi or something to add more 4 player konami games to it. Sunset Riders, Simpsons, X-Men, etc. Definitely don't want to fill a room with these. Already have a couple of candy cabs for fighters and Neo-Geo and own a MK2 and MK3 cab, so I think this will probably be my only 1up purchase.

#2775 4 years ago

I just got number 4 (mortal Kombat). There were lots in a local Walmart, even though the website said it was an online purchase only.

It seems that they have figured out the international shipping issues

#2776 4 years ago

Tmnt is 399 retail, so if you find it for 200-250 it’s a good deal. And it has the potential for mods so you can do all your fav 4 player games blitz, nba jam, Simpson’s, etc

#2777 4 years ago

Has anyone added happ sticks and buttons? I read that Sanwa joysticks would work.

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Has anyone added happ sticks and buttons? I read that Sanwa joysticks would work.

I watched a modder on youtube. The had to route out the underside of the control panel or trim the joystick housing to get them to fit. I think Sanwa are a straight swap out.

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I watched a modder on youtube. The had to route out the underside of the control panel or trim the joystick housing to get them to fit. I think Sanwa are a straight swap out.

Sanwa will fit just fine. If you got that route but the 8 way restrictor plates and the heavier 2 lb or 4 lb springs. Makes a huge difference.

#2780 4 years ago

K anyone swap out the buttons. Ideally I would like to take the path of least resistance but want to make sure I order the correct parts.

#2781 4 years ago

Buttons are going to be super easy to swap.

2 weeks later
#2782 4 years ago

1up has a bunch of new games revealing at ces!!!

#2783 4 years ago

Do we know which ones yet??

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Do we know which ones yet??

Two new 4 player, new track ball, a game I bet no one thought would and then a new two player joystick that is going to be awesome sauce. Didn’t see the pins but everyone’s booth is 1/2 setup. I don’t want to leak everything...... oh and a couple new games from games last year that they listened to feedback on...

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Two new 4 player, new track ball, a game I bet no one thought would and then a new two player joystick that is going to be awesome sauce. Didn’t see the pins but everyone’s booth is 1/2 setup. I don’t want to leak everything...... oh and a couple new games from games last year that they listened to feedback on...

Ok, so you have inside info I'm guessing?

Are we talking Simpsons and Sunset Heroes for the 4p games? I'm hoping Wrestlefest, but I don't think there is any way they could get the license.

If the 2 stick game is Smash TV, I will be so hype.

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Are we talking Simpsons and Sunset Heroes for the 4p games? I'm hoping Wrestlefest, but I don't think there is any way they could get the license.

It would be amazing if it was a Robotron/Smash TV/Total Carnage combo. All Williams, all awesome!

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

It would be amazing if it was a Robotron/Smash TV/Total Carnage combo. All Williams, all awesome!

That would be pretty f'n sick.

I was a hater of these, but bought the Marvel Limited Cab, because I wanted the light up marquee and upgraded sticks...It's pretty badass; I like the size of it. I've had a ton of arcade cabs over the years; and love them; but limited on space. It's great to have at least one of these with pins and other games to round out a game room; and not have to dedicate a ton of space to arcade cabs.

#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Would be killer if it was the Williams multi set. Robotron, Joust, Defender, Stargate, moon patrol.

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I’m at ces.

Mmm some how I forgot one of the 4 players, but one is already a huge rumor.

#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don’t want to leak everything

Why not?

#2791 4 years ago

Edit! Just found the other thread!

#2792 4 years ago

Some lame virtual pinball stuff is what I saw a few days ago... or maybe it was only one. Star Wars

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

I need that!

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I need that!

In all honesty, Robo/Smash would be a pretty sick mame setup. If there was only 2 sticks, make it a Robotron style cab. If there are 4 sticks (2 sticks/player) then Smash TV design it is.

I used to own a Smash cab (19" dedicated) and it was a lot of fun with friends. I think I took about a dozen acquaintances to the final boss in that game. After that, no one wanted to play it. It sold quickly to a good home after I was done. Great game, but nothing beats my time spent in the 90s on that machine w/college buddies.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

In all honesty, Robo/Smash would be a pretty sick mame setup. If there was only 2 sticks, make it a Robotron style cab. If there are 4 sticks (2 sticks/player) then Smash TV design it is.
I used to own a Smash cab (19" dedicated) and it was a lot of fun with friends. I think I took about a dozen acquaintances to the final boss in that game. After that, no one wanted to play it. It sold quickly to a good home after I was done. Great game, but nothing beats my time spent in the 90s on that machine w/college buddies.

That would be cool. Just keep it a one player because of the size of the control panel

#2796 4 years ago

From facebook.
Burgertime, Big Buck Hunter, NBA Jam, A different Pac-Man, Marvel vs Capcon and a sitdown Star Wars.

81345550_10105110843161388_1002794650806779904_n (resized).jpg81345550_10105110843161388_1002794650806779904_n (resized).jpg81535656_10105110843216278_8228782513045110784_n (resized).jpg81535656_10105110843216278_8228782513045110784_n (resized).jpg
#2797 4 years ago

I purchased the Star Wars model back at the beginning of December from WalMart for $399. I always wanted a full blown cab but they are rare and demand a pretty penny. This 1Up cabinet replicates nicely what a cabaret cabinet would have been had they manufactured one. Game play is genuinely accurate and the sound is good (I did add a subwoofer down in the riser and it really sounds like an original) and the illuminated marquee is a very nice touch. I own one of those Midway multi units from many years ago and it just feels cheap compared to the 1Up cabinet. IMHO they did a great job on these and really nailed it with the Star Wars cabinet. Considering how limited the gameplay is on the 3 titles I’m glad I never spent the money on a full blown cabinet, $399 is a nice sweet spot for this arcade classic. I just saw that 1Up is going to release a scale virtual Star Wars pinball machine....... I have my doubts they will achieve the same level of game accuracy but more power to them! Note: I did add a some wood under the riser to bring it off the floor of my game room so any spills on the floor wont wick up into the particle board and the extra 1.5" in height made a nice difference!
1CA12D62-9AD2-41E9-909B-C756C92C290E.jpeg1CA12D62-9AD2-41E9-909B-C756C92C290E.jpeg1C94D66A-902C-44E5-8CE7-72AE195712F0.jpeg1C94D66A-902C-44E5-8CE7-72AE195712F0.jpeg

#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

From facebook.
Burgertime, Big Buck Hunter, NBA Jam, A different Pac-Man, Marvel vs Capcon and a sitdown Star Wars.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd worry that I'd put my foot right through that thin particle board of that sit down prototype Star Wars getting in and out of it! Sure is better looking than the stand up version!

#2799 4 years ago

Woof. Just stopped by the break area at work, and Russell Crowe won a Golden Globe for some....whatever.

Wasn't around. Left a message with Jennifer Anniston saying he was in Australia protecting his family from the fires. That we should focus on the immediacy of using renewable energy before it's really too late.

I never understand how people can say that with a straight face, when we produce and consume so much inane crap like the stuff in this thread. We are insatiable with this junk. I am entirely guilty of consuming so much gratuitous products, and I always feel like I'm doing so much more harm than good, in doing so.

I don't have kids, so I feel like at least for my genetics, the consumption and wastefulness ends with me, but man.....still never makes me feel good when human connection with one another, and the other animals and parts of the world, feels so much less valued that consuming.

End thought. Back to consuming.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Would be killer if it was the Williams multi set. Robotron, Joust, Defender, Stargate, moon patrol.

I converted one of my A1U‘s into a Williams Multigame 19-1. It has Robotron, Defender, Stargate, etc.

A799F2FD-3659-46CA-9F23-08092F53B2EE (resized).jpegA799F2FD-3659-46CA-9F23-08092F53B2EE (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/56?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.