• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 63.
#2705 4 years ago

Walmart.ca has golden tee for pre-order, delivery on nov 14th. I ordered one last night; within 2 hours they cancelled my order. No explanation. They’re still showing on the site as available. I’m going to try again closer to release date.

#2706 4 years ago

Why not just get a mame Cabinet?

I get it, that all these games lined up will look cool, but space wise!? More room for Pins.

I just ordered this.
12,500 games

61D7C0EC-B8A2-4A1E-836B-EF49FF554048 (resized).jpeg61D7C0EC-B8A2-4A1E-836B-EF49FF554048 (resized).jpeg
#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Why not just get a mame Cabinet?
I get it, that all these games lined up will look cool, but space wise!? More room for Pins.
I just ordered this.
12,500 games[quoted image]

Pros, cons, and personal preferences to both:

ARCADE1UP:

Pros:
Ease of assembly
Easy to transport new (and get delivery)
Cost is mostly cheaper than buying MAME units from pros/resellers
Nice art package
Custom control layout to the game(s) included
Lightweight

Cons:
Games are limited per machine
Some sound-control issues for purists
Too short without riser, sometimes even too short with it

MAME:

Pros:
LOAD em UP! You can have 1000's of games
Customize it to your heart's desire
Good with building? Make it yourself - for cheap!
Old PC or Pi? Use em!

Cons:
ENDLESS fiddling with settings (unless you had an amazing friend set it up for you)
To put it bluntly: a lot of MAME machines look like ass (art, side art, crowded control panels)
Those roms? Not legal.

Solution:

Get both! Get a MAME so someone (or yourself) who wants to come over and play that one (maybe) obscure title can do so. Also, get the Arcade1UP for the title you have nostalgic feelings for (best example: the Star Wars game coming out). If space is an issue, get a X-Arcade TankStick and hook it to your PC.

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

ENDLESS fiddling with settings (unless you had an amazing friend set it up for you)

Yes to this. I got a buddy to build a really nice bartop unit for me with the Raspberry Pi and the first thing I did was accidentally screw up the settings and its a royal pain to get the controls set up right for the games. Such a pain in fact all Ive been playing are simple two or four way games with one or two buttons. Robotron or Mortal Kombat? Forget about it, I cant get the damn controls set up right to save my life.

#2709 4 years ago

I didn't realize people find MAME so hard to set up. It was a little tedious for sure but it really depends on how many games you have. Once you purge all the clones and duplicates and only have games you want it's really simple. I think the biggest issue with MAME is the 1000's of games why do people put so many games on their cab. If you have 12000 games 98% of them are shit.

#2711 4 years ago

Took a while to set up and I do like the light up marquee but it’s a bit crooked. I’m not too worried about it. Make sure you push those damn wooden dowels in all the way before you start tightening things down. The gameplay is awesome and I love the controller I was really worried it would be clicky and kind of cheap but it feels really good and smooth.

4E161486-982E-4B37-AFB4-853B818B8031 (resized).jpeg4E161486-982E-4B37-AFB4-853B818B8031 (resized).jpeg
#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Took a while to set up and I do like the light up marquee but it’s a bit crooked. I’m not too worried about it. Make sure you push those damn wooden dowels in all the way before you start tightening things down. The gameplay is awesome and I love the controller I was really worried it would be clicky and kind of cheap but it feels really good and smooth.[quoted image]

Wow. Looks so small next to those pins. I thought with the riser it would be taller.

#2713 4 years ago

So there is probably nothing to this, but has anyone else heard the rumor that there is a Neo*Geo unit in the works?

#2714 4 years ago

It does look smaller even with the riser but when you stand next to it it’s a pretty good height I’m 6 foot one and don’t feel I slouch too much

#2715 4 years ago

Man I am so tempted to buy one but the $650 for us Canadians is steep. I'll have to wait it out and hopefully these get a price drop after the holidays. A few more inches on the riser would have really helped.

#2716 4 years ago

I probably would’ve bought this even if it was just the Star Wars game but having the Empire strikes back in there even though it’s not as good is a nice touch. The verdict is out on return of the Jedi and its gameplay, though I haven’t had time to really get through it yet

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So there is probably nothing to this, but has anyone else heard the rumor that there is a Neo*Geo unit in the works?

they had a mock up that wasn’t supposed to be shown yet

#2718 4 years ago

I found a golden tee that worked it's way into Canada early. Apparently all of the pre orders coming into Canada are sold. Dont expect to see much on store shelves before the new year.

15714526265694506094651431549029 (resized).jpg15714526265694506094651431549029 (resized).jpg
#2719 4 years ago

I am converting my loft to a small gameroom. I thought I could fit 5 pinball games in a row up there but the roof has a steep slope to it and it ends at 71 inches at the wall. That is too short for a pinball game so I was thinking about now doing 4 games and an arcade. It will give me a little more space between the games too. I admit I am not much of a video gamer but did play the usual Tempest, Defender, Galaga, Pac Man, TRON etc in it's day. Any suggestions on a game to buy? I am going to have my SWLE up in the loft and was thinking about the SW Arcade1 (as I think it might look good next to the SW pinball) but I don't think I ever played the SW games or just dont remember them.

Any suggestions on what would be a good game for a non-arcade gamer? The 4 pinball games I am going to have up on the Loft are DP, SWLE, BM66 LE and JP3 Prem. I would also consider something else or a bigger MAME if it is not too expensive.

#2720 4 years ago

I installed the spinner upgrade for my 12-In-One earlier this week. As others have reported, it makes all the difference in the world! I couldn’t stand playing Tempest with the stock clicker.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am converting my loft to a small gameroom. I thought I could fit 5 pinball games in a row up there but the roof has a steep slope to it and it ends at 71 inches at the wall. That is too short for a pinball game so I was thinking about now doing 4 games and an arcade. It will give me a little more space between the games too. I admit I am not much of a video gamer but did play the usual Tempest, Defender, Galaga, Pac Man, TRON etc in it's day. Any suggestions on a game to buy? I am going to have my SWLE up in the loft and was thinking about the SW Arcade1 (as I think it might look good next to the SW pinball) but I don't think I ever played the SW games or just dont remember them.
Any suggestions on what would be a good game for a non-arcade gamer? The 4 pinball games I am going to have up on the Loft are DP, SWLE, BM66 LE and JP3 Prem. I would also consider something else or a bigger MAME if it is not too expensive.

If you're looking to go with an arcade1up, then the 12 in 1 with an upgraded spinner might be a good fit. I like the idea of starwars next to the pin; and the reviews are positive for that game. The 4 player TMNT is a great game for non gamers. It's easy to pay and very fun. For a "bar" game go with golden tee. It's great to drink around and can have a 4 player game too.

The nice thing about these small cabinets is that they're so light. You can easily store them under your pins, and rotate out the selection.

#2722 4 years ago

I'll stick with my home builds

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2723 4 years ago

Very happy with it.

C83D27C4-317D-471A-ADE1-6CE294427E64 (resized).jpegC83D27C4-317D-471A-ADE1-6CE294427E64 (resized).jpeg32FCAFF0-1AEC-4529-81A9-FCC4E58F5882 (resized).jpeg32FCAFF0-1AEC-4529-81A9-FCC4E58F5882 (resized).jpegD308E5BD-D26E-4BBE-9D43-7F7B35EAF448 (resized).jpegD308E5BD-D26E-4BBE-9D43-7F7B35EAF448 (resized).jpeg
#2725 4 years ago

Does anyone know if you can buy the branded Galaga riser without getting it with the package deal?

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does anyone know if you can buy the branded Galaga riser without getting it with the package deal?

This should get you close. I am happy with my new asteroids graphics.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/arcade-1up-mods

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yes to this. I got a buddy to build a really nice bartop unit for me with the Raspberry Pi and the first thing I did was accidentally screw up the settings and its a royal pain to get the controls set up right for the games. Such a pain in fact all Ive been playing are simple two or four way games with one or two buttons. Robotron or Mortal Kombat? Forget about it, I cant get the damn controls set up right to save my life.

Had this same problem with the one I built, Pi was a huge PITA. Got a Pandoras Box from Amazon, plug and play. Cant add games but it has hundreds.

B40C568E-9619-49DD-BEC6-AA4DE7943504 (resized).jpegB40C568E-9619-49DD-BEC6-AA4DE7943504 (resized).jpeg
#2728 4 years ago

Picked up a new unopened Galaga today on Craigslist for $150 today! Looking forward to opening it up and checking these things out.

#2729 4 years ago

Anyone have the AtGames 350 game one? Why would you want hundreds of Atari 2600 games on an arcade cabinet?

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Anyone have the AtGames 350 game one? Why would you want hundreds of Atari 2600 games on an arcade cabinet?

These at games machines can run steam and you can also run roms from a usb drive. It might not be that bad of a buy

1 week later
#2732 4 years ago

FYI , be gentle with the controller board connectors. ....

259EEE5C-EA4B-48FB-A89B-5E816D8F2FF0 (resized).jpeg259EEE5C-EA4B-48FB-A89B-5E816D8F2FF0 (resized).jpegA1ABBD3C-BE54-4584-BCD1-D1ACC7BA61D5 (resized).jpegA1ABBD3C-BE54-4584-BCD1-D1ACC7BA61D5 (resized).jpeg
#2733 4 years ago

That's some quality right there.

#2734 4 years ago

When is this supposed 4th quarter? After Thanksgiving for black Friday? I just want a Defender wallcade . The Rampage has Defender, but the button configuration would be weird for it. I've seen pics of a Defender/Joust wallcade at trade shows, just wondering if it will happen soon.

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

When is this supposed 4th quarter? After Thanksgiving for black Friday? I just want a Defender wallcade . The Rampage has Defender, but the button configuration would be weird for it. I've seen pics of a Defender/Joust wallcade at trade shows, just wondering if it will happen soon.

I have the rampage cab with defender and you are correct. The defender game is virtually unplayable.

#2736 4 years ago

my bartops will play hundreds and even thousands of games, and the build quality is far Superior.. I do want to build a full size soon. Galaga or a 20th anniversary Galaga/pacman edition

IMG_5373 (resized).JPGIMG_5373 (resized).JPG.
IMG_5376 (resized).JPGIMG_5376 (resized).JPGIMG_5374 (resized).JPGIMG_5374 (resized).JPG

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

my bartops will play hundreds and even thousands of games, and the build quality is far Superior.. I do want to build a full size soon. Galaga or a 20th anniversary Galaga/pacman edition
[quoted image].
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the point unless those bartops are readily available for a few hundred dollars. I am sure if most people had the choice between an aracde1up and your bartops at the same price they would go for the bartops. However it's not like you can just walk into walmart and get ones like you have any given day of the week. You are not the target audience for these machines and it's why they are sold at retail stores like walmart. I own a lot of dedicated arcade games and also have a full size MAME with 1000's of titles. I would never pay full price for these however when I see them for $75-$100 I pick them up just for the hell of it.

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

What's the point unless those bartops are readily available for a few hundred dollars. I am sure if most people had the choice between an aracde1up and your bartops at the same price they would go for the bartops. However it's not like you can just walk into walmart and get ones like you have any given day of the week. You are not the target audience for these machines and it's why they are sold at retail stores like walmart. I own a lot of dedicated arcade games and also have a full size MAME with 1000's of titles. I would never pay full price for these however when I see them for $75-$100 I pick them up just for the hell of it.

I get it.. I do.. I was just being cheeky i guess..)0 Anyhow, yeah you are right, most people that these low cost partical board cabs are made for are people who have never seen a mame build or otherwise.. I would pick one up myself but the weird size thing just makes it a no for me. they are too tall to put on a table top and too big to put on the floor.. even with the riser they are just still to short..

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

FYI , be gentle with the controller board connectors. ....[quoted image][quoted image]

The pads came off. Can't even solder it back on. What game is this? I want to make sure I don't buy it...

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The pads came off. Can't even solder it back on. What game is this? I want to make sure I don't buy it...

Galaga . When connector was pulled the whole pin came out . I used to much force and was not fully disconnected. I couldn’t get the pad to hold new solder. My board guy says he can fix it.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

I get it.. I do.. I was just being cheeky i guess..)0 Anyhow, yeah you are right, most people that these low cost partical board cabs are made for are people who have never seen a mame build or otherwise.. I would pick one up myself but the weird size thing just makes it a no for me. they are too tall to put on a table top and too big to put on the floor.. even with the riser they are just still to short..

I understand where you are coming from and that is likely because most of us here on pinside have been collecting arcade/pinball machines for a long time. I still cannot believe people pay full price for them but who am I to tell them what to spend their money on. When I see so many people happy with these machines on the arcade1up facebook group then I figured if these can bring enjoyment to all those people who never had real arcade games then who am I to judge.

#2742 4 years ago

The Star Wars is available in Canada now and it’s like $725 CAD after tax. That’s just way too much for me. They kinda priced themselves out of their target demographic.

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The Star Wars is available in Canada now and it’s like $725 CAD after tax. That’s just way too much for me. They kinda priced themselves out of their target demographic.

I think the 300 million people in the USA are their target market, not the 30 million up here. They must be getting nailed with shipping, import fees, and currency exchange rates. Because there’s no justifiable difference between the price on either side of the border.

When Pac-Man was new, Walmart had them for $399 cdn. Now I see they’re $450 at most stores. In the USA these go on sale regularly for as little as $100usd

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

FYI , be gentle with the controller board connectors. ....[quoted image][quoted image]

That is not even fr4, they have used the cheapest pcb material possible. Really cutting costs to be using that!

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

That is not even fr4, they have used the cheapest pcb material possible. Really cutting costs to be using that!

What’s fr4 ?

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

While I also prefer fr4 I've seen that basic material used a lot without issues in other devices and this is the first post I've read in any group that one broke. While it can be fixed there are a ton of these that got upgraded to icade or retropi that you could probably get one just for shipping cost from someone.

#2748 4 years ago

A challenger has arrived! Two spinners, trackball, 12 buttons, two sticks, upgradable... I saw this advertised on Facebook and thought it was sketchy. Lo and behold, here’s a link to it on Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AtGames-Legends-Ultimate-Home-Arcade/571847540?u1=571847540&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=XFIFcKTWIhA&sourceid=17980989464161878404&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Still not sure it’s real

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

A challenger has arrived! Two spinners, trackball, 12 buttons, two sticks, upgradable... I saw this advertised on Facebook and thought it was sketchy. Lo and behold, here’s a link to it on Walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AtGames-Legends-Ultimate-Home-Arcade/571847540?u1=571847540&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=XFIFcKTWIhA&sourceid=17980989464161878404&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
Still not sure it’s real

They’re so stupid... you can’t play Tron on that control panel

#2750 4 years ago

I would have strongly considered that Ultimate Arcade, but the subscription model and pay-per-hour is a huge step backwards. I would rather just buy a "dumb" cab and load up Retropie on it myself.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/55?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.