• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 63.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Personally I wouldn't want it to lock in. It's nice to just be able to grab it and move it around. It comes right off the riser and it's easy to move around whenever necessary.

Well whatever works for you is best of course, but I would have made the bottom have a "lip" inside with the floor raised an inch or two, and the riser have an inset, and it would have just sat down on top of it, riser fitting up inside. No need to "lock" it, if weight and pushing together is enough.

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well whatever works for you is best of course, but I would have made the bottom have a "lip" inside with the floor raised an inch or two, and the riser have an inset, and it would have just sat down on top of it, riser fitting up inside. No need to "lock" it, if weight and pushing together is enough.

I have to ask, but have you ever actually played one of the One Up Arcades? The Star Wars with the base on it was quite stable. Even if you pulled back on the flight yoke it didn't tip off of the riser. I think one of the reasons they're made like they are is that having the riser wider is to give it a wider footing for more stability. I guess if you wanted to you could add hardware to mount it to the cabinet, but I don't personalty think it needs to be. As for the look of it, yeah it should look more like the cabinet.

#2653 4 years ago

... some more pics:
IMG_1498 (resized).jpgIMG_1498 (resized).jpgIMG_1501 (resized).jpgIMG_1501 (resized).jpg

#2654 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I have to ask, but have you ever actually played one of the One Up Arcades?

Yes, but not with a riser.

All I'm saying is the risers look ridiculous and dumb to me, and really ruin the look and fun of it. But maybe it does need to be wide as you say. Or weighted, heh.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For the risers I just wish they had made them with art to match the cabinet. I think that would be the best way to make them look better.

The way they are made is nice and stable and I wouldn't change it.

#2656 4 years ago

Dang. My Galaga screen seems to have died. An official replacement is more than I paid for the machine. Guess I'll be scrounging the local Goodwill's for 17in monitors.

#2657 4 years ago

At Comic Con Int. I talked to the guy in the 1upArcade booth. They had Star Wars on display, but he mentioned a new project in the works that was for pre order only and he couldn’t talk too much about it because he was trying to hype the star wars machine.
After the show the new machine was announced and I definitely signed on for it. It will be a great upgrade to the regular cabinet and it will have the PUNISHER...nuff said.
https://arcade1up.com/products/marvel-cabinet?gclid=CjwKCAjw7O_pBRA3EiwA_lmtfuZVYovELH-QAEgnpVIUcSlQ2FnLLuTiKNk1yTI2fdq1gaTeIZefiRoCU-wQAvD_BwE
CA51DC94-3CC6-4E4F-945F-FCCCB13C5D0E (resized).jpegCA51DC94-3CC6-4E4F-945F-FCCCB13C5D0E (resized).jpeg

#2658 4 years ago

I hate these things; can't wait to see vids of people yanking the yokes off of Star Wars.

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

At Comic Con Int. I talked to the guy in the 1upArcade booth. They had Star Wars on display, but he mentioned a new project in the works that was for pre order only and he couldn’t talk too much about it because he was trying to hype the star wars machine.
After the show the new machine was announced and I definitely signed on for it. It will be a great upgrade to the regular cabinet and it will have the PUNISHER...nuff said.
https://arcade1up.com/products/marvel-cabinet?gclid=CjwKCAjw7O_pBRA3EiwA_lmtfuZVYovELH-QAEgnpVIUcSlQ2FnLLuTiKNk1yTI2fdq1gaTeIZefiRoCU-wQAvD_BwE
[quoted image]

I like the look of that one, but I’d need marvel vs street fighter or marve vs capcom to Pre order it.

On a side note, their international availability is pretty shitty. None of the phase 2 machines are available here. I’m deciding if I should make a road trip to the USA and hope I can find them or just order from eBay and pay the crazy price of shipping. It would cost me ~$800 CDN for mortal Kombat and close to a grand for golden tee, for those prices I could buy full sized cabinets; although that doesn’t help my space restrictions. I could probably fit 4 of these in the same space as 2 arcades

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I hate these things; can't wait to see vids of people yanking the yokes off of Star Wars.

I thought I did too, but now I am questioning why I want the SW and Marvel ones so badly. They look really cool.

#2661 4 years ago

Is a Star Was 499.99 MSRP, I thought these were 299-399? That extra 100 changes me from pre order to wait and see.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is a Star Was 499.99 MSRP, I thought these were 299-399? That extra 100 changes me from pre order to wait and see.

It comes with a riser and it’s sw with that special yoke... it’s “expensive” but it’s kind of a special game with the hardware and license

#2663 4 years ago

If the yoke is durable I think the Star Wars one would be awesome. I have an original yoke Ive been holding onto for years thinking one day I would use it to build a MAME cabinet and run Star Wars in it. If this Arcade 1 up version yoke has the nuts to hold up to heavy play without breaking Im totally interested in just picking up one of these instead of building something.

#2664 4 years ago

Gonna pick mine (SF2) tomorrow with raspberry setup,great for small appartment and easy to use for fast gaming on the spot.Perfect match with my Neo Geo/PGM stuff

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

To each their own bud. Would I love to have the "real deal" for sure, but I'm limited on space and these work just fine for what I need. I only have one for guests who don't like pinball, as it keeps them happy and entertained. I'm personally really excited for the cocktail version to come out.

2 weeks later
#2666 4 years ago

Just picked up a 12 n 1 Deluxe for 144.00 at TJ Max....New spinner on the way.
KIMG2008 (resized).JPGKIMG2008 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2667 4 years ago

I saw this Arcade 1up at Costco marked down to $149.

Should I grab it?

Is it about the same as others.... from Walmart? Can I upgrade the spinner on this 1? Thanks
20190919_133751 (resized).jpg20190919_133751 (resized).jpg

20190919_140126 (resized).jpg20190919_140126 (resized).jpg
#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Should I grab it?
Is it about the same as others.... from Walmart? Can I upgrade the spinner on this 1? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Grab it! get me 1 also

#2669 4 years ago

The stars wars game looks amazing with the yoke and all the options when you pick the game to play

#2670 4 years ago

I just bought a Mortal Combat machine about two weeks ago. Love the look and play of the machine but had one annoying issue right out of the box. The 2nd player block button was defective and was constantly activated. I tried adjusting the button but eventually had to order a new button online. Once I replaced the button everything is fine.
So I can only repeat what I have read (after my experience of course)......before you build the cabinet connect the control panel to the monitor and test the game. This will save you time as if you have a defective / broken part you can exchange or return the unit a lot easily with cabinet still in the original packaging.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Should I grab it?

If I recall, doesn't this one also include a riser?

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Should I grab it?

For that price, upgrading to the better spinner would be easy! Hope you got one!

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If I recall, doesn't this one also include a riser?

It looks like it has a stool instead of a riser.

#2674 4 years ago

Should be interesting to see what happens.

1 week later
#2675 4 years ago

Hey guys. Got a couple questions on these things and don't really have time to read through 54 pages.

I'm looking at getting one of these for the house. I've had regular arcade games before but got rid of them. I'd like to pick up the new TMNT Arcade 1up machine that is coming out. How is the size on these? I'm 6'4" - will I be able to play with the riser? Can you swap in a multigame JAMMA card with these to add more games?

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey guys. Got a couple questions on these things and don't really have time to read through 54 pages.
I'm looking at getting one of these for the house. I've had regular arcade games before but got rid of them. I'd like to pick up the new TMNT Arcade 1up machine that is coming out. How is the size on these? I'm 6'4" - will I be able to play with the riser? Can you swap in a multigame JAMMA card with these to add more games?

I'm 5'10" and the height of these machines is good for me. I think for someone your height, they'd be a bit too short. Just my opinion.

You can always try it out first and if it's too short, just build a little platform to set the riser on or something.

#2677 4 years ago

There has to be more titles coming for Xmas. Where are the wallcades?

#2678 4 years ago

I think they’ve had issues with the trade war. The only ones available in Canada are sf2 and Pac-Man, and the price is $450. Originally these were $400. If your lucky you’ll find one at a Walmart or toys r us, but over all they’re hard to come by.

I desperately want a golden tee, but the eBay price for me to get it shipped to Canada is ridiculous and the cost for me to make a road tip to the states is probably just as high. If a make a road trip what’s the likelihood that I find one at the first store I go to also.

If anyone finds these on sale and is willing to ship it for me, send me a message

#2679 4 years ago

These are all over the mall...and Walmart always has some...BUT...I’ve seen the first wave on sale most of the time...I’ve yet to see the Golden Tee or Mortal Kombat on sale..........Joey

#2680 4 years ago

I wanted too many of them and I just don’t have the room since I want to keep adding more pins. I decided to mod it with a Pandora’s Box. Got what I thought was a 6s on eBay but is in fact a 9d. Not all the games are perfect but me and my daughters and my nieces and nephews have had a blast playing all the different games. The Simpson’s arcade is the family favorite right now. I have 40 great playing fun games in my favorites list right now so I don’t have to scroll through 223 pages of games every time I want to play something. When I get some more time I will add a few more.

28E1B6E9-E150-438E-BC0D-98C13D150E81 (resized).jpeg28E1B6E9-E150-438E-BC0D-98C13D150E81 (resized).jpeg
#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I wanted too many of them and I just don’t have the room since I want to keep adding more pins. I decided to mod it with a Pandora’s Box. Got what I thought was a 6s on eBay but is in fact a 9d. Not all the games are perfect but me and my daughters and my nieces and nephews have had a blast playing all the different games. The Simpson’s arcade is the family favorite right now. I have 40 great playing fun games in my favorites list right now so I don’t have to scroll through 223 pages of games every time I want to play something. When I get some more time I will add a few more.[quoted image]

So you can mod these to add more games like a normal JAMMA arcade MAME setup?

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So you can mod these to add more games like a normal JAMMA arcade MAME setup?

People gut the cabinet and install raspberry pi's or put in a pandora's box.

You cannot add games to the arcade 1up electronics

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I am 6'4" and have a modified Arcade 1up. It is 100% not comfortable to play this machine standing up, even with a riser. However, it's just fine sitting down and the perfect size for my 5 and 8 year old.

You cannot just swap out the cards and change games, but these games are a great shell to modify. I bought an Asteroids and had someone off of Facebook throw in a Rasberry pi, Street Fighter 2 Joystick layout, front art stickers, and a small sound system. All in I'm at ~$650 (you could do it much cheaper yourself). I have over 18,000 games on mine. It has every arcade game up to 1994 or 1995, along with a crap ton of old systems like SNES, NES, C64, Atari, ZXSpectrum... lots of stuff. The menu system is kind of a pain but you can create a favorites list that cuts down on it. My 8 year old can pick out games on his own but my 5 year old needs help. Right now the most played game in my arcade by my kids is this unit, and is somehow MLB Baseball Advance on the Gameboy advance from 2001 or so. 18,000 games and 3 pins and somehow that is the winner.

In any case. Good luck!

20190923_192508 (resized).jpg20190923_192508 (resized).jpg3a286ff1556a48ecc400aacb37062bd6f67482b4 (resized).jpg3a286ff1556a48ecc400aacb37062bd6f67482b4 (resized).jpg
#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I wanted too many of them and I just don’t have the room since I want to keep adding more pins. I decided to mod it with a Pandora’s Box. Got what I thought was a 6s on eBay but is in fact a 9d. Not all the games are perfect but me and my daughters and my nieces and nephews have had a blast playing all the different games. The Simpson’s arcade is the family favorite right now. I have 40 great playing fun games in my favorites list right now so I don’t have to scroll through 223 pages of games every time I want to play something. When I get some more time I will add a few more.[quoted image]

Is that a stock riser?

#2685 4 years ago

It looks stock.

I'm 5'8" and I'm comfortable playing standing. I bet at 6'4" a normal cabinet would also seen low. Games aren't made for people that tall.

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is that a stock riser?

No, I made it out of scrap wood and spray painted it black. I had to cut a notch out in the side because my water meter is actually under there. It’s 1” taller than a stock riser. I am 6’5” and it’s still too low to play for long periods comfortably, but even a regular pinball machine is too low for me to be comfortable. If I was the only one that was playing I would have made it taller but my wife who is 5’2” plays Tetris with me and my daughters who are 2 and 6 play using a stool. It’s very comfortable to play sitting on a bar stool for me.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It looks stock.
I'm 5'8" and I'm comfortable playing standing. I bet at 6'4" a normal cabinet would also seen low. Games aren't made for people that tall.

I'm 6'1" and played a cab on a riser, not comfortable at all, unless your 10.

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

No, I made it out of scrap wood and spray painted it black. I had to cut a notch out in the side because my water meter is actually under there. It’s 1” taller than a stock riser. I am 6’5” and it’s still too low to play for long periods comfortably, but even a regular pinball machine is too low for me to be comfortable. If I was the only one that was playing I would have made it taller but my wife who is 5’2” plays Tetris with me and my daughters who are 2 and 6 play using a stool. It’s very comfortable to play sitting on a bar stool for me.

Thought so. The stock ones are too short for me too, and I’m only 6’ ! Great looking build

#2689 4 years ago

I managed to score one of the Rampage cabinets for $154 this weekend at Walmart. The Walmarts in the AL/GA area seem to randomly be selling the older cabinets for this price lately. (Some Walmarts, but not all... I used Brickseek to find the ones that had them marked down). The store I got Rampage from also had 2 Mortal Kombat cabinets at the same price.

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I managed to score one of the Rampage cabinets for $154 this weekend at Walmart. The Walmarts in the AL/GA area seem to randomly be selling the older cabinets for this price lately. (Some Walmarts, but not all... I used Brickseek to find the ones that had them marked down). The store I got Rampage from also had 2 Mortal Kombat cabinets at the same price.

I been patient and have been able to purchase all of mine at $99 or less using brickseek. So far I got mortal kombat, final fight, street fighter, and galaga for $99. Asteroids was $75. I passed on a few others like rampage cause I just don't have the room for all of them plus there are more titles coming in the future.

Now if I could find the risers for $11 like others have....

#2691 4 years ago

Anyone pick up the 4 player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cabinet yet? That was my all time favorite arcade game as a kid growing up and saw they released it. I still find it crazy to have 4 adults around that thing, but I think myself and two kids would be fine.

#2692 4 years ago

Look what showed up at my place! Going to try to install tonight.

7B83058A-00AE-4435-9DC9-84A65E44E72A (resized).jpeg7B83058A-00AE-4435-9DC9-84A65E44E72A (resized).jpeg
#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Look what showed up at my place! Going to try to install tonight.[quoted image]

Hopefully The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are playable now

... I kid.

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Please post a review when you get a chance to play a few games!

#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Nice! I just ordered through bestbuy.com. There are a few reviews now on YouTube, and the consensus is that the yoke looks and feels great. That was my biggest concern and the reason I was holding out. Can’t wait!

#2696 4 years ago

You Americans are going to make me cry. Most of these are difficult to find here.

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

LUCKY! Let us know how you like the yoke controller!

#2698 4 years ago

So I got it set up tonight. Didn’t get time to do the riser, but I’ll get to it.

Bottom line: great little unit.

Longer version:
Flight yoke is quite good. Maybe a little tight and doesn’t feel exactly the same (I have an original return of the Jedi in the garage) but very passable.

Emulation is great. Death Star explosion lacks a little (it is amazing with the original vector graphics). Came with a protector for the panel.

Seems better built and a little heavier than the original lineup? I was very pleasantly surprised it had a lit marquee! Not sure how I missed that. Also, stereo sound which is an upgrade from the first 1ups.

The games aren’t as deep as I remembered from being a kid. Isn’t that always the case. But it’s a winner overall.

2F171DD6-EFFF-484E-8503-65DBC082CA9A (resized).jpeg2F171DD6-EFFF-484E-8503-65DBC082CA9A (resized).jpeg
#2699 4 years ago

Been watching the reviews of the Star Wars cab and I think I'm going to pull the trigger after the holiday season. Seems like they really beefed this one up compared to the earlier games.

#2700 4 years ago

Does anyone recommend a stool that you can use with these without the riser?

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/54?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.