• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 63.
#2551 4 years ago

Anyone hear any news on the game specific risers? I thought they were coming with this new wave.

#2552 4 years ago

E3 is next week, they’re supposed to announce more games at the show. Maybe they’ll have more info on the risers too

I still haven’t seen any 2nd wave games in Canada yet. Kinda wonder if they’re even goi g to be released here.

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Just out of curiosity, I fired up a game and on the first level, I turn the spinner about 1.5 revolutions to produce about 1 revolution on the screen. Is yours in this same range?
To me, it feels good, but I have no idea if it’s accurate to the original.

Yep, I'm the same. I'm getting more used to it the more I play. The gross controls for fast spins works great. I'm really just trying to hone the fine controls to zero in on the lane I'm trying to be in. That I have a little more difficulty with.

#2554 4 years ago

https://gizmodo.com/i-love-this-diy-arcade-machine-you-build-as-easily-as-i-1835300606

What Ikea did for furniture, Arcade1UP has done for arcade cabinets

That quote actually works for people on both sides of the Arcade1UP civil war. (The author of the above review loves 'em.)

#2555 4 years ago

Alright, I’m digging Tempest now. I’m getting a feel for the replacement spinner. Also, I was having difficulty because I felt the fire button was sticking. It made it really difficult to play. I just swapped it with the middle button, which only gets used infrequently in Asteroids for hyperspace. Wow! What a difference. I finally feel like I’m playing the arcade game. Just got my highest score so far. Guess these things need to be dialed in like everything else.

#2556 4 years ago

Just curious if anyone who has the $199 Astroids 1up from Costco thinks it's worth it?

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just curious if anyone who has the $199 Astroids 1up from Costco thinks it's worth it?

I got it for $75 from Walmart. That was definitely worth it. As mentioned before, the stock spinner that comes with it is junk. I think it really makes Tempest unplayable. Asteroids doesn’t rely on it and remains a very fun game. But if you want to also have a good time with Tempest, you will need to invest $50 in a third party spinner. The one I got was easy to install, plug and play.

#2558 4 years ago

I agree. That Asteroids cabinet is nice with the replacement spinner. There is also a replacement backlight board you can get on eBay for $11 (a little more if you want external control) that lets you adjust the backlight for a better looking screen.

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I think it is the asteroids deluxe? Forgot the difference.

#2560 4 years ago

I have the 12-in-1 deluxe Centipede with the riser, barely played, just like I feared. 2 months old.

Make offer.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have the 12-in-1 deluxe Centipede with the riser, barely played, just like I feared. 2 months old.
Make offer.

lol

#2562 4 years ago

Anyone see the AT games Legends Ultimate? Quality controls and 350 games included. Curious about what games are included. Supposedly a normal sized cab and a smaller version will be available.

#2563 4 years ago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2019/06/10/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-and-marvel-super-heroes-home-arcade-machines-announced

Turtles Collection includes: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Turtles In Time. It will have a 4 player set-up and cost $349.

Marvel Collection includes: Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Children of the Atom, and The Punisher. It will cost $299.

Both will be available later this year.

#2564 4 years ago

Any news on the cocktail tables? I'm extremely excited about those.

#2565 4 years ago

Four grown humans around a 1UP cab is going to be comical to watch. The guy on the right is at a 90° angle to the screen.

TMNT_03_R2-6.7.19 (resized).jpgTMNT_03_R2-6.7.19 (resized).jpg
#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Four grown humans around a 1UP cab is going to be comical to watch. The guy on the right is at a 90° angle to the screen.[quoted image]

Seriously. Even the original machine can get a bit crowded

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seriously. Even the original machine can get a bit crowded

When will they get the 6-Player X-Men Mega cab?

I like the Marvel machine though. Would be a good base for playing all of the Marvel VS fighting games.

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Four grown humans around a 1UP cab is going to be comical to watch. The guy on the right is at a 90° angle to the screen.

I applaud them for at least trying to be authentic and giving a 4 player option. It definitely will be crowded but it could probably be done. You have to imagine that most owners will be player 1 or 2 player games anyways. They really should have expanded the screen on this model, made it slightly wider, and charged $400 or something.

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

When will they get the 6-Player X-Men Mega cab?

Comes out in the batch with EDOT and the Star Wars cockpit.

#2570 4 years ago

I like the look of the Marvel Superheroes cab, though it's funny that the a1up version actually looks like a dedicated cab for that game, even though I'm pretty sure that didn't exist. Capcom games from that era tended to be simply kits for existing cabs (often generic Dynamo cabs), as far as I know, so artwork was relegated to a simple square/rectangular decal on the sides of the cab.

#2571 4 years ago

With all the new cabs coming out lately I have my fingers crossed for a NBAJAM/NFL Blitz Cab...

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think it is the asteroids deluxe? Forgot the difference.

It is Asteroids deluxe (saw one at my local Costco last week). It's the same as the Asteroids 1Up, except the cabinet is themed as Asteroids Deluxe.
Asteroids Deluxe 1Up Arcade (resized).jpgAsteroids Deluxe 1Up Arcade (resized).jpg
Edit. Apparently it's a special unit for Costco that has six games and comes with a stool and is peassembled:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a11ghe/asteroids_unit_available_at_costco_now_299_with_6/
Costco 1Up (resized).jpgCostco 1Up (resized).jpg

#2573 4 years ago

I see the MSH cab being the new one to mod. If I didn’t already do a SF2, I’d get it. Love that Thanos side art.

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Any news on the cocktail tables? I'm extremely excited about those.

$499 coming this year. Namco machine has 8 games (6 Pac-Man versions, Galaga and Dig Dug), while the Capcom machine has 12 games.

pacmancab (resized).jpgpacmancab (resized).jpgstreetfightercabinet (resized).jpgstreetfightercabinet (resized).jpg
#2575 4 years ago

word on the street is that the next title will be Star Wars

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

word on the street is that the next title will be Star Wars

Who will be making it? Any rumors of Tron remake?

#2577 4 years ago

Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, and Empire Strikes Back officially announced. Comes out in November. From the live video that I saw, it will retail for "under $500." So I guess $499.99?

#2578 4 years ago
1up star wars (resized).jpeg1up star wars (resized).jpeg
#2579 4 years ago
starwars1-1560367126472 (resized).jpgstarwars1-1560367126472 (resized).jpg
#2580 4 years ago

Star Wars!
I'm buying one!
Who else is in?

#2581 4 years ago

Very cool that they'd make this. I've tried playing these on my Rpi conversion and it doesn't play that well.

Either Star Wars or Empire is one of my first memories playing a game at Showbiz Pizza.

#2582 4 years ago

following....

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, and Empire Strikes Back officially announced. Comes out in November. From the live video that I saw, it will retail for "under $500." So I guess $499.99?

Sold!

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Oh my God, they'll sell a lot of those

#2585 4 years ago

This is pretty brilliant. I guarantee it will be more like $400

What’s everybody’s take on the risers? Should I just make my own?

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is pretty brilliant. I guarantee it will be more like $400
What’s everybody’s take on the risers? Should I just make my own?

If you can find a riser on sale. $11 bucks. Not worth time to cut the boards to make your own.

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If you can find a riser on sale. $11 bucks. Not worth time to cut the boards to make your own.

What the heck, where? I’d buy 10 of them for that price

#2588 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to the Star Wars version... but will hold my dollars until a real review shows up.
I'm concerned about the cheapness of the yoke. The other reason I haven't bothered with the spinner version.
That, and room.

#2589 4 years ago

LCD monitor though? Kinda meh for a vector game. I mean Vectrex did home vector for $199...

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LCD monitor though? Kinda meh for a vector game. I mean Vectrex did home vector for $199...

What are you expecting for $499.99 ? Nobody is making CRT's, let alone vector displays any more. And a CRT display would probably more than double the weight of the game. And how much, counting for inflation, would $199 be 35 plus years later? It aint happening.

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

What are you expecting for $499.99 ? Nobody is making CRT's, let alone vector displays any more. And a CRT display would probably more than double the weight of the game. And how much, counting for inflation, would $199 be 35 plus years later? It aint happening.

I'm hoping when oled technology becomes far cheaper some one will make rounded crt shaped oled screens to really get that crt feel

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

$200 more than the Arcade 1UPs they released last year and they added a yoke and that's it? Seems like not such a great value proposition.

(And $199 would be like $450 in 2019 dollars, but the Vectrex screen was only 9", to be fair.)

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I'm hoping when oled technology becomes far cheaper some one will make rounded crt shaped oled screens to really get that crt feel

OLED is getting much cheaper, but not THAT cheap. The 77" OLEDs were 20 grand just a few years ago and can now be had for about $4500. Probably $3000 by Christmas if you don't need the new model year.

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

There are filters for MAME and other emulators which curve the image of the screen like a CRT. It works quite well, and while you’re playing, it effectively fools the eye

#2595 4 years ago

OLEDs are susceptible to burn-in, so they are not an ideal choice for a video game system.

At least, this was true a couple years ago, I don't know if they've solved the burn in issues on newer models.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

OLEDs are susceptible to burn-in, so they are not an ideal choice for a video game system.
At least, this was true a couple years ago, I don't know if they've solved the burn in issues on newer models.

Speaking of burn-in, I have a Plasma TV from 2012, and anymore white text only on the screen for a few seconds will linger for a few minutes. I was looking at OLED online figuring Burn-in was a thing of the past. Was disappointed to find out otherwise.

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of burn-in, I have a Plasma TV from 2012, and anymore white text only on the screen for a few seconds will linger for a few minutes. I was looking at OLED online figuring Burn-in was a thing of the past. Was disappointed to find out otherwise.

Yep, same here, that's how I knew that OLEDs are susceptible to it. We had a plasma, which started having issues with burn in.

So, I looked into OLEDs at the time. Ended up going with regular LCD.

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Plasma is most susceptible, but is also easiest to cures itself (even really bad burn-in will go away with enough time). Usually it’s only a few minutes.

Most plasmas should have burn-in prevention, which moves the image slightly all the time, undetectable to the eye, but keeps the cells active so they don’t get burn in.

The nature of how OLEDs work does nothing to alleviate burn-in. Buy a plasma!

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Plasma is most susceptible, but is also easiest to cures itself (even really bad burn-in will go away with enough time). Usually it’s only a few minutes.
Most plasmas should have burn-in prevention, which moves the image slightly all the time, undetectable to the eye, but keeps the cells active so they don’t get burn in.
The nature of how OLEDs work does nothing to alleviate burn-in. Buy a plasma!

Well, I can tell you from first hand experience, that the burn-in mitigation schemes used in plasmas do not eliminate burn-in. Yes, permanent burn in (not simple image retention). They do reduce its occurrence, but if you connect a game console to a plasma, don’t be surprised if you get burn-in.

If you do get burn-in, it may eventually “go away” over a very long period of time. But all that means is that the pixels surrounding it have dimmed enough to make it all blend together.

They don’t make plasmas any longer, so this whole discussion is really moot. Just buy LCD and not OLED, if you have burn-in concerns.

#2600 4 years ago

My Plasma rules.

Can't help but wonder how much longer it'll last. Gotta be almost 10 years old at this point.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/52?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.