• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 63.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

agreed 100%!!!
There is indeed a market for these and as i mentioned in my first post i hope they sell like hotcakes!
If we did not already have the interest, ambition, and time to put towards our commercial vids i think this would be a decent substitute.
However i would not want to fool myself into thinking its the same as a commercial unit and would be disappointed if i was lead to think that these were the real thing.
I think some folks are uninformed about there options when it comes to buying or playing arcade games.
Just for your own thought i dont doubt that you could reuse a Golden Tee, MK, Rampart, Xenophobe, or about 100 other cabinets and create a very nice 3 player Rampage machine. With the ability to play thousands of games. For much less then the dedicated version.
Thanks
Blake

No one in this forum is buying this thing expecting a 100% commercial vid cabinet substitute. Most of us here are well aware of the differences and own real arcade cabs as well.

But to say these things aren't "good enough" to own without even trying them out yourself is jumping the gun a bit.

I put together a couple of mini-cabs myself running emulation, and they sit in nicely in my game room next to the real arcade games and pins. I would argue that during parties they even get more play than my pins do, and hold up nicely.

Arcade1Up is along those same lines. Not perfect, but good enough, and will sit nicely next to them.

NBAF - 1 (resized).jpgNBAF - 1 (resized).jpg
#152 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

No one in this forum is buying this thing expecting a 100% commercial vid cabinet substitute. Most of us here are well aware of the differences and own real arcade cabs as well.
But to say these things aren't "good enough" to own without even trying them out yourself is jumping the gun a bit.
I put together a couple of mini-cabs myself running emulation, and they sit in nicely in my game room next to the real arcade games and pins. I would argue that during parties they even get more play than my pins do, and hold up nicely.
Arcade1Up is along those same lines. Not perfect, but good enough, and will sit nicely next to them.
[quoted image]

Nice job on the mini's. You know your cabinet is built 100 times tougher then these so it does not surprise me that they are holding up well. I disagree with you that no one here thinks these vids are like the real thing. They are a substitute and a viable one at that for many people.

Thanks
Blake

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

quote earlier from Zennmaster:
"There is an FPGA replacement board for Tempest that is in what I would characterize as "late beta". It's a drop-in replacement for the game PCB, and has room on the SD card to also run Major Havoc and Omega Race. As for the monitor, there is actually a bit of a resurgence right now for color vectors, and there are enough aftermarket parts out there that you could build an entire vector monitor from them. That's if your 6100 is truly too far gone to be bulletproofed, which is pretty far. And yes, Tempest especially looks awful on an LCD. The black just isn't there, even with all kinds of crazy filters and stuff."
Thanks
Blake

Heard that FPGA board is going to run between $500-$700. Add that to the $800-$1500 Tempests are going for right now, and that's not exactly in the same price-range of these Arcade1Ups. I get it though. Some folks are true pursists, and that's cool. For me though, I'm at the point in this hobby where I prefer to spend less on vids, and put the bulk of my hobby money towards pins.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Heard that FPGA board is going to run between $500-$700. Add that to the $800-$1500 Tempests are going for right now, and that's not exactly in the same price-range of these Arcade1Ups. I get it though. Some folks are true pursists, and that's cool. For me though, I'm at the point in this hobby where I prefer to spend less on vids, and put the bulk of my hobby money towards pins.

That was more meant for the gentleman that had a non working tempest and was purchasing one of these as a substitute. Also I think that price range is for working tempests. Non working but complete are closer to the $500 range.

thanks
Blake

#155 5 years ago

Tempest is one of the few vids I’d love to own, is it a huge nightmare to maintain?

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Tempest is one of the few vids I’d love to own, is it a huge nightmare to maintain?

Most of the color vectors are high maintenance if the normal suspects have not been addressed.

Thanks
Blake

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Nice job on the mini's. You know your cabinet is built 100 times tougher then these so it does not surprise me that they are holding up well. I disagree with you that no one here thinks these vids are like the real thing. They are a substitute and a viable one at that for many people.
Thanks
Blake

Possibly. Who knows though. This could be the gateway drug for folks not into vids, which could in turn elevate the value of our games. haha

Also... Tempest for $500? I haven't seen one for that cheap in a long time, but man if you see one let me know. I would jump on that!

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Also... Tempest for $500? I haven't seen one for that cheap in a long time, but man if you see one let me know. I would jump on that!

Never mind. Just noticed you said "non-working".

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Possibly. Who knows though. This could be the gateway drug for folks not into vids, which could in turn elevate the value of our games. haha

I almost had a non working but complete one in the boston area about a year ago. It sold for $600. Ive had opportunities to buy them missing the pcb and monitor for $300 but thought another $600 one was around the corner. I'm still waiting lol.

Thanks
Blake

#160 5 years ago

Hey I'm not against someone buying one of these if they know all there options. I just thought it would be beneficial to provide some information I so they can make there own comparisons. I do think it will allow some collectors to get better deals on converted cabs, which is a great thing. I also think that in a year or two people will be putting these up on craigslist for more then they sold for new thinking they are something special. They will drop and drop in price until the owner is begging people to get it out of his basement or garage. Really similar machines have been sold by numerous companies for over 10 years. Where are they now?

Thanks
Blake

#161 5 years ago

Very interested in the hardware. Ordered the sf2 to tinker with.
400 is tough but 300 is great. And if that rumored Konami cab comes out that’s a day one.

#162 5 years ago

If there is one thing Pinsiders are not good at, it's judging markets.

This product is not marketed towards someone who would build a MAME system. (Those people have already built one).

This product is not marketed towards someone would would allow a used 300 pound arcade cabinet in their living room (Often those cabs smell like cat piss on a hot day).

This product is not marketed towards someone who want's to search for months for a working Tempest, or parts to get one working.

This product is not marketed towards someone who needs a genuine WICO trackball to play Centipede with.

This product is not marketed towards someone who worries "Can I get my money back out of this when I sell it? I mean I took a 50% hit when I sold my Air Hockey!!!!"

-

This product is marketed towards someone who will just order it online and have it delivered tomorrow (@ 60 pounds, it's UPS shipable).

This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.

This product is marketed towards someone who is not going to want to do any maintenance like rebuilding joysticks or trackball encoders.

This product is marketed towards someone who want's to show their grandkids what "video games used to be like when I was young"

This product is marketed towards a single mom who can put it together herself, just like her Ikea stuff.

This product is marketed towards someone who might need their wife's approval .

This product is marketed towards someone with enough disposable income to buy it (Hey, it's cheaper than a cellphone), and never give a second thought about it's resale value.

CIMG1768 (resized).jpgCIMG1768 (resized).jpg
#163 5 years ago

also... my kids and their friends are short, and they will love these more than the originals anyway, just because they will be able to relate to them while they are young (and short)... I will not play these unless Im playing with them

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If there is one thing Pinsiders are not good at, it's judging markets.
This product is not marketed towards someone who would build a MAME system. (Those people have already built one).
This product is not marketed towards someone would would allow a used 300 pound arcade cabinet in their living room (Often those cabs smell like cat piss on a hot day).
This product is not marketed towards someone who want's to search for months for a working Vector, or parts to get one working.
This product is not marketed towards someone who needs a genuine WICO trackball to play Centipede with.
This product is not marketed towards someone who worries "Can I get my money back out of this when I sell it? I mean I took a 50% hit when I sold my Air Hockey!!!!"
-
This product is marketed towards someone who will just order it online and have it delivered tomorrow (@ 60 pounds, it's UPS shipable).
This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.
This product is marketed towards someone who is not going to want to do any maintenance like rebuilding joysticks or trackball encoders.
This product is marketed towards someone who want's to show their grandkids what "video games used to be like when I was young"
This product is marketed towards a single mom who can put it together herself, just like her Ikea stuff.
This product is marketed towards someone with enough disposable income to buy it (Hey, it's cheaper than a cellphone), and never give a second thought about it's resale value.

Which is precisely why I'm surprised to hear so many pinheads jumping for joy here. Your list correspondence below:

-We like quick shipping-

-We buy used games 99% of the time so we like the piss smell or at least removing it from said cabinet-

-Nothing creates more maintenance then a steel ball slamming against something. (No need to even argue arcades being more reliable)-

-If we wanted to do this we would buy the pacman down the block for $100 more-

-Some pinheads are female, ill buy that for a dollar.-

-Nobody is on thinner ice with the wife then a pinhead spending 3-5 k per purchase.-

-Most would argue there are no bigger ball busters on price then pinheads. When they're buying its only worth 50% the asking price. When the they're selling its worth double what they bought it. Market changes.-

Thanks
Blake

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

-We buy used games 99% of the time so we like the piss smell or at least removing it from said cabinet-

Besides a few Bally games, pins are usually made of 99% plywood; so they only smell like cat piss if a cat actually pisses in it.

But old video games were made from particle board that was processed will urea, so on a hot humid day, you open your apartment door and yack.

Wait, golden TEE....? Wait, golden TEE....?

#166 5 years ago

I'm torn. I like the idea of a couple of these cabs (really wish they had 1942 but I see 1944 is their in one) but am also considering a jamma or mame cab that can do more of the games I really enjoy. Isn't the emulation on the jamma's buggy or is that just mame?

#167 5 years ago

Unless i forgot what plywood looks and feels like at least 50% of my vids over the years (50+) have been made of it. we have 12 vids in our game room now and other than the occasional musty smell from a cab that has not been cleaned properly our room smells great! if you come across cabs with that smell then sealing them usually does the trick.

thanks
Blake

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm torn. I like the idea of a couple of these cabs (really wish they had 1942 but I see 1944 is their in one) but am also considering a jamma or mame cab that can do more of the games I really enjoy. Isn't the emulation on the jamma's buggy or is that just mame?

jamma stands for (Japanese amusement machine and manufacturing association). it was a way to standardize arcade connections as a whole and was implemented in 1985.

thanks
Blake

#169 5 years ago

Anyone heard if there will be a driving game down the line like the off road 3 person stand up arcades?
I know they are smaller and cheaper but my 2 girls 5 and almost 2 really enjoy driving games at the arcade right now. Seems like a perfect fit for them to play while I play pinball or for all of us to play together

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

but am also considering a jamma or mame cab that can do more of the games I really enjoy. Isn't the emulation on the jamma's buggy or is that just mame?

A JAMMA Box can have a few buggy games in it too.

But when you are getting 4000 games for $100, I guess you can forgive a few duds, lol

MAME is more for someone who knows about how to build a computer, the need for faster video cards, front ends, ect

JAMMA Box is a little more 'plug and play', but you are limited to the games that it comes with.
HTB1.D5cCDJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaT (resized).jpgHTB1.D5cCDJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaT (resized).jpg

#171 5 years ago

These things really have the hardcore arcade guys up in arms before anyone has set their hands on them. Usually when I see someone dive so hard into poo pooing something before anyone in public even has possession of one, it's because they feel threatened. Not everyone wants a giant old arcade cab in their house. I can't even fit one in my basement. I think these things are going to sell like crazy, and most likely drive down the prices of the originals a bit. For the average Joe like me, who isn't an arcade elitist, they will be well received. There are a ton more average Joes then arcade elitists out there.

BTW, I just got my bartop kit up and running. It's been a fun project.

20180814_161503 (resized).jpg20180814_161503 (resized).jpg20180814_180437 (resized).jpg20180814_180437 (resized).jpg
#172 5 years ago

Well, I pre-ordered the Rampage one today. It seems like something fun for for not much money so why not. I always wanted to get some kind of arcade but really don't want to mess with big cabinets. This thing I can just stick upstairs and let the kids have fun with it. It's small size is kind of ridiculous but that's part of the fun.

It would be fun to build something similar with a jamma board with a bunch of games. Don't know much about the arcade stuff. Are there many kits you can get that come with everything?

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

These things really have the hardcore arcade guys up in arms before anyone has set their hands on them. Usually when I see someone dive so hard into poo pooing something before anyone in public even has possession of one, it's because they feel threatened. Not everyone wants a giant old arcade cab in their house. I can't even fit one in my basement. I think these things are going to sell like crazy, and most likely drive down the prices of the originals a bit. For the average Joe like me, who isn't an arcade elitist, they will be well received. There are a ton more average Joes then arcade elitists out there.
BTW, I just got my bartop kit up and running. It's been a fun project.[quoted image][quoted image]

this is not the first, second or third time a machine like this has come out. if you can fit a pin in your basement you can fit a pacman or donkey kong most likely both for the same amount of space.

the average joe will be excited at first, then realize for just a little more money he can have the real thing. this will haunt him for the year that he owns the kindergarten version. he will join KLOV where he will be blown away by whats readily at his finger tips. he will become addicted to scouring craigslist, facebook, letgo, and local forum members for sale threads. acquiring game after game as he realizes there is no substitute for the real thing. he is no longer the average joe. he is mk3u2012 and he like those before him begins building his dream. the choice is yours joe.

thanks
Blake

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Well, I pre-ordered the Rampage one today. It seems like something fun for for not much money so why not. I always wanted to get some kind of arcade but really don't want to mess with big cabinets. This thing I can just stick upstairs and let the kids have fun with it. It's small size is kind of ridiculous but that's part of the fun.
It would be fun to build something similar with a jamma board with a bunch of games. Don't know much about the arcade stuff. Are there many kits you can get that come with everything?

yes there are a lot of companies providing the DIY experience. some standard with cabinet, decals, cp, power supplies and a multi game board (48 in 1 or more lots of times). then there are more customizing options in which you get to choose the cabinet shape, artwork, monitor size, cp layout, front end loader, emulation menus, exc.

thanks
Blake

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A JAMMA Box can have a few buggy games in it too.
But when you are getting 4000 games for $100, I guess you can forgive a few duds, lol
MAME is more for someone who knows about how to build a computer, the need for faster video cards, front ends, ect
JAMMA Box is a little more 'plug and play', but you are limited to the games that it comes with.
[quoted image]

I'm comfortable with mame as I used to be a virtual pinball content provider for a couple years and built my own VP Cab. Just trying g to figure out which of the 3 would play the best. I don't have space for the half dozen or so arcade games I want in full size.

#176 5 years ago

I think once you load up the base unit with old barbells and secure it to the cabinet it will be quite sturdy for a mini cab.

I’ve made close to 20 different MAME cabinets in many different configurations, and really like these. The problem with only one MAME cab that has 10000 games in it is that you spend more time looking for a game then playing one; and then the control layout is to far off to be truly enjoyed.

Depending on game grouping I’ll probably get a Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, golden tee, vertical shump, and 4 player cab.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

yes there are a lot of companies providing the DIY experience. some standard with cabinet, decals, cp, power supplies and a multi game board (48 in 1 or more lots of times). then there are more customizing options in which you get to choose the cabinet shape, artwork, monitor size, cp layout, front end loader, emulation menus, exc.
thanks
Blake

I’d love to find one with the horizontal games (Mario bros, ghost n goblins, etc)...but having trouble finding a company that does this for less than $2000. Can you point me to a web site. I think these are great ideas, but if there are other viable options, that’d be great. I already have a 60 in 1 jamma in an old xevious cab.

#178 5 years ago

Found a video on YouTube for the Asteroids cabinet. Yes the guy's voice is annoying as hell, but more importantly, the emulation for Major Havoc is broken in this cabinet. It's playing way too fast. This doesn't bode well for Ardade1Up's QA. This shouldn't have gone out like this.

#179 5 years ago

For games like gauntlet and rampage, I am wondering how much of a point there is in a home environment where you can just continue forever?

I remember pumping lots of quarters into these games and they were fun. Anyone play these games at home, and if so, what do you think?

#180 5 years ago

Is the rampage cabinet any wider than the other cabinets since it is 3 player?
Is Gauntlet playable by 3 players at once as well? I know the original arcade was 4.
Thinking about getting one so me and my 2 girls can all play together at once.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

For games like gauntlet and rampage, I am wondering how much of a point there is in a home environment where you can just continue forever?
I remember pumping lots of quarters into these games and they were fun. Anyone play these games at home, and if so, what do you think?

When it comes to games with continue the best thing to do to try and keep it interesting and fun is to go for a 1CC (one credit completion of the game). This really puts the pressure of not losing a man back in place and tends to keep the overall spirit of the game in check.
Thanks
Blake

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

When it comes to games with continue the best thing to do to try and keep it interesting and fun is to go for a 1CC (one credit completion of the game). This really puts the pressure of not losing a man back in place and tends to keep the overall spirit of the game in check.
Thanks
Blake

Yeah that makes sense. And I guess what is also cool is that I could play it that way, but the kids could be allowed, say, 2 continues or something like that.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Yeah that makes sense. And I guess what is also cool is that I could play it that way, but the kids could be allowed, say, 2 continues or something like that.

Exactly. There is a whole community of gamers going for 1CC on all sorts of beat em ups, shmups, and rpg type games. And regardless if you get there or not you start keeping track of score like on pins. If your interest continues to grow check out Galloping Ghost arcade. They have all sorts of you tube vids of people 1CC ing games. Also for details on who owns the high score and if its been 1CC check out Aurcade (also owned by galloping ghost). They are now the official record keeper.

Thanks
Blake

#184 5 years ago

I can see the appeal of getting one or two of these. My game room's a bedroom on the second floor of my house with a stair case that turns 90 degrees halfway up. Unless I can take the pin apart, it's a bitch and my wife cringes every time I move one. I'm not spending the money on one of those electric stair movers so I could see myself just having a local distributor deliver a new Stern pin and add a couple of these minis for fun.

I hope they do well.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Is the rampage cabinet any wider than the other cabinets since it is 3 player?
Is Gauntlet playable by 3 players at once as well? I know the original arcade was 4.
Thinking about getting one so me and my 2 girls can all play together at once.

Rampage is all three gauntlet is 2 but pick a class

#186 5 years ago

LOL

Quoted from vid1900:This product is not marketed towards someone would would allow a used 300 pound arcade cabinet in their living room (Often those cabs smell like cat piss on a hot day).

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Rampage is all three gauntlet is 2 but pick a class

Thanks.
Will probably wait and see if they do a Simpsons or TMNT.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

this is not the first, second or third time a machine like this has come out. if you can fit a pin in your basement you can fit a pacman or donkey kong most likely both for the same amount of space.
the average joe will be excited at first, then realize for just a little more money he can have the real thing. this will haunt him for the year that he owns the kindergarten version. he will join KLOV where he will be blown away by whats readily at his finger tips. he will become addicted to scouring craigslist, facebook, letgo, and local forum members for sale threads. acquiring game after game as he realizes there is no substitute for the real thing. he is no longer the average joe. he is mk3u2012 and he like those before him begins building his dream. the choice is yours joe.
thanks
Blake

Then the original breaks down because he bought one of those "for only a few hundred more" real deal machines. He's then out $200-$300 for a service call because he has no idea how to fix the game and none of the tech help on KLOV makes any sense to him. So he'll try to learn everything he can about it over the next few months and spend another few hundred bucks on tools and parts to fix his real machines and spend his weekends fixing them, rather than just playing what he originally bought, but at least he'll have the real thing.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Then the original breaks down because he bought one of those "for only a few hundred more" real deal machines. He's then out $200-$300 for a service call because he has no idea how to fix the game and none of the tech help on KLOV makes any sense to him. So he'll try to learn everything he can about it over the next few months and spend another few hundred bucks on tools and parts to fix his real machines and spend his weekends fixing them, rather than just playing what he originally bought, but at least he'll have the real thing.

Does the help here make any sense to you? If it does I think you will do just fine over on KLOV.
If your not interested in learning about them and the way they work then I would buy yourself the kiddie playset addition.
But your a pin guy so that wouldn't be the case. Now we are back in good standing and your enjoying your piece of history. The way it was intended to be played. Worst case scenario is you don't want to learn and your a little embarrassed when your friends come over and step foot in your game room. Really a win win for both of us.

Thanks
Blake

#190 5 years ago

Blake, I gotta ask. Do you sell arcades? Are you an arcade tech? Do you build MAME cabinets?

Just curious, you seem to really have something against people buying these over real cabinets. I get that it’s not for you, but you really seem to be trying to discourage people from getting these.

I don’t get it. What’s your motivation?

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Blake, I gotta ask. Do you sell arcades? Are you an arcade tech? Do you build MAME cabinets?
Just curious, you seem to really have something against people buying these over real cabinets. I get that it’s not for you, but you really seem to be trying to discourage people from getting these.

information is power and you like many others here are uninformed on buying, selling, fixing, and owning arcade machines. If members here really disliked working on machines, spending money on tools and learning about what you need to do to keep them working properly no one here would own a pinball machine. There isn't an OP or arcade owner on planet earth that would tell you vids are more of a headache then pins. I've owned and operated both. I have a game room at home with both. I can tell you with out hesitation that vids are cheaper to buy and fix. and when properly gone through are extremely dependable in comparison to pins. I'm blown away by the lack of knowledge of these coin op machines by fellow pinheads. I've met vid guys who are similar in knowledge on pins but there only gripe is usually price. And you would be hard pressed to sell them a pin made so cheaply as what product we are discussing.

Thanks
Blake

#192 5 years ago

Blake, reread Vid's post. Just because someone is into pins does not mean they have the same drive and unfettered love for arcade cabs. A lot of people don't want to deal with the 300lb cabinets, hard to find monitors, etc. A lot of people may enjoy an arcade game on occasion, but are not fixated on them and having the real deal like a true enthusiast. I really don't understand how your point of view can be so narrow as to think that just because someone is into pinball, that they surely must have same undying love for original arcade cabs. The world is NOT black and white. You really aren't doing arcade folks any favors with your condescending attitude. I honestly think arcade heads are upset about these 1up cabs because they feel they are going to bring new exposure to their hobby, and drive prices of the originals up ...just like has happened to pinball.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Blake, reread Vid's post. Just because someone is into pins does not mean they have the same drive and unfettered love for arcade cabs. A lot of people don't want to deal with the 300lb cabinets, hard to find monitors, etc. A lot of people may enjoy an arcade game on occasion, but are not fixated on them and having the real deal like a true enthusiast. I really don't understand how your point of view can be so narrow as to think that just because someone is into pinball, that they surely must have same undying love for original arcade cabs. The world is NOT black and white. You really aren't doing arcade folks any favors with your condescending attitude. I honestly think arcade heads are upset about these 1up cabs because they feel they are going to bring new exposure to their hobby, and drive prices of the originals up ...just like has happened to pinball.

For some people, the world is binary and there is only right or wrong. People pay more for less all the time and it's not because theyre uninformed or stupid. Some people just want to open a box, put it together in an hour, and play.

And when the downside is $299, people just dont give a sh*t if it's not optimal or efficient. No one will be "haunted" by $299 despite his hyperbole.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

i will let other collectors, ops, and arcade owners speak for themselves as they dont need me to do it for them. im giving you my opinion if you decide to read my posts. if that is condescending to you then thats on you. if someone quotes me in a thread im expecting them to want my opinion as there engaging directly with me.

thanks
Blake

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Did I miss the yes/no answer Blake gave?
I'm not certain if he currently does or does not sell/route/repair arcades as income.

It's not mandatory he submit that information of course, but your question was valid and would put perspective on the responses.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Did I miss the yes/no answer Blake gave?
I'm not certain if he currently does or does not sell/route/repair arcades as income.
It's not mandatory he submit that information of course, but your question was valid and would put perspective on the responses.

You folks have obviously not met many OP's. They care less about an ORIGINAL DEDICATED arcade machine than the brand of grass seed they use in the spring time.

Thanks
Blake

#197 5 years ago

I'm going to take that as a "Yes, he sells or operates arcade machines".

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Reread this Jody and it might help to see where I'm coming from.

Which is precisely why I'm surprised to hear so many pinheads jumping for joy here. Your list correspondence below:

-We like quick shipping-

-Nothing creates more maintenance then a steel ball slamming against something. (No need to even argue arcades being more reliable)-

-If we wanted to do this we would buy the pacman down the block for $100 more-

-Some pinheads are female, ill buy that for a dollar.-

-Nobody is on thinner ice with the wife then a pinhead spending 3-5 k per purchase.-

-Most would argue there are no bigger ball busters on price then pinheads. When they're buying its only worth 50% the asking price. When the they're selling its worth double what they bought it. Market changes.-

Thanks
Blake

#199 5 years ago

Most of your retorts here are anecdotal at best, but this is exactly what I would expect from an OP. Vid already explained that arcade cabs were made from different materials, hence the cat piss formaldehyde smell. The pacman down the street for $400 probably has issues. These cabs have 3 or 4 games each. Where are you getting 3 or 4 cabs for $300-$400 total? Nowhere. You still didn't answer about being an OP or not...

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Reporter: "Senator, are you in favor of higher taxes?"

Senator: "Higher taxes builds infrastructure, while lower taxes builds economy. I think we all know which route is needed at this time."

Back on topic:

These cabs are definitely not for everyone. I like the idea, but have basic knowledge of how to use a saw, so I'll spend my $300 differently.

I'm building a MAME cab with my son next week! Bought an X-Arcade Tankstick a looonnnnngggg time ago, came with 8(?) games (That I "own" legally). Plus any legal free games. Let's rock!

FYI, I just purchased some "fancy" led buttons so we're going to actually do that work too. Going with a nice simple Vigolix cab: upped by 1.5 to make it 6 feet tall and 18 inches deep.

Not for everyone, and definitely not order today, deliver tomorrow, play by the third day. I get the convenience of that, I really do.

vigo green (resized).jpgvigo green (resized).jpg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/4?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.