• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 63.
#2401 4 years ago

Some Walmarts have broken the street date on Mortal Kombat, I picked one up tonight

96D81F75-2FFA-41F0-8FB2-16CFDFC47858 (resized).jpeg96D81F75-2FFA-41F0-8FB2-16CFDFC47858 (resized).jpeg
#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Some Walmarts have broken the street date on Mortal Kombat, I picked one up tonight
[quoted image]

Wow - when are these supposed to be released? On the top of my wishlist

#2403 4 years ago

Middle of May, supposedly.

#2404 4 years ago

I was going to pick up a Street Fighter because it seemed to have the best button layout for adding a pi down the road. I assume Mortal Kombat would have the same layout? If so, I'd rather pick that one up.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I was going to pick up a Street Fighter because it seemed to have the best button layout for adding a pi down the road. I assume Mortal Kombat would have the same layout? If so, I'd rather pick that one up.

I'd stick with SFII. MK has a slightly different layout that may make some games a bit awkward. Like playing SFII.

#2406 4 years ago

So how are these things? Do they hold up well?

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd stick with SFII. MK has a slightly different layout that may make some games a bit awkward. Like playing SFII.

Yes... I think SFII has the best starting layout for adding a pi.

Basically the only thing you'll need to do is to drill two new buttons by the player 1 and player 2 buttons. THose are the insert credit buttons.
And really I wish arcade 1 up had them as separate to begin with.

When you play lunar lander on the 12 in 1. There is no way to start a game at 750 fuel units. You always start at 1500 because it registers you hitting the start button which is the same as the add credit button.
So your game is always twice as long. Not a big deal.. But, its a bit silly if you ask me... But, all the games have silly dumb issues that should have been ironed out.

Millipede and Liberators have the left side of the screen cropped wrong.
I think the right side of centipede is a bit cropped too.
Yes, the spinner is garbage... And really the track ball is okay... But, might want to replace that as well..

Then you got the stereo issue with both Gauntlet and SFII Turbo. Silly and dumb especially when the fix is one simple solder.

I hear MKII cab fixes that issue...
Anyway. I do enjoy the oneup cabs. I think they're sturdy enough. And are fun to play and a nice decoration in your house. And I think really, for most people they're better than a full size machine. Only because full size machines are too bulky and really heavy due to the crt monitors.
I personally rather have these oneups.

#2408 4 years ago

I guess I need to continue looking for a SFII

#2409 4 years ago

Might check Target stores near you. Around here they had the street fighters on clearance a few months back.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I guess I need to continue looking for a SFII

coulda sworn i saw a couple of them last night while i was impulse buying Final fight !

East Stroudsburg walmart

#2411 4 years ago

Lebanon IN has 4 SFII's for $100 each according to Brickseek. Brickseek wasn't wrong when I got mine.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Lebanon IN has 4 SFII's for $100 each according to Brickseek. Brickseek wasn't wrong when I got mine.

I would get one for that price. Everything around here is full price or $199.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I would get one for that price. Everything around here is full price or $199.

199 is not a bad price...
I paid 300 plus tax for my 12 in one and I'm modding it...
ANd I paid 250 plus 40 for a riser for my street fighter 2.
And golden tee I paid 500... Still haven't gotten it yet, cos I ordered from best buy... If I did gamestop I would have it by now... Oh well.

I wouldn't mind a pac man, but I'm not paying 300 for just 2 games. 199 maybe, but 100 definitely.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

199 is not a bad price...
I paid 300 plus tax for my 12 in one and I'm modding it...
ANd I paid 250 plus 40 for a riser for my street fighter 2.
And golden tee I paid 500... Still haven't gotten it yet, cos I ordered from best buy... If I did gamestop I would have it by now... Oh well.
I wouldn't mind a pac man, but I'm not paying 300 for just 2 games. 199 maybe, but 100 definitely.

It's better then full price but not where I must have to get it. I only want sf2 and mk so will just be patient. I have dedicated arcade machines so these are more of a novelty to me. The stores around me have lots of sf2 in their inventory but refuse to lower the price. With the new titles coming out maybe they will be motivated to sell the older titles.

#2415 4 years ago

Was it full price? I'm looking for one around $200.

#2416 4 years ago

Has anyone who ordered from GameStop gotten their Golden Tee yet? Really thinking about going ahead and pulling the trigger on the GT.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from weasley:

Has anyone who ordered from GameStop gotten their Golden Tee yet? Really thinking about going ahead and pulling the trigger on the GT.

I ordered mine from GameStop last Friday and it was delivered on Wednesday. Still haven't had time to put it together though.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I ordered mine from GameStop last Friday and it was delivered on Wednesday. Still haven't had time to put it together though.

Yeah... I made the mistake of ordering from best buy... Not going to cancel my order... Just have to wait... Oh well...

#2419 4 years ago

How accurate is brickseek? They listed the Rampage cabinet at a local Walmart for $199 but when I got there it was full price.

(Perhaps I just answered my own question.)

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How accurate is brickseek? They listed the Rampage cabinet at a local Walmart for $199 but when I got there it was full price.
(Perhaps I just answered my own question.)

I have no experience, but I've read that you should get a price check because it might ring up at the lower price even if they haven't marked it down on the tag.

#2421 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I have no experience, but I've read that you should get a price check because it might ring up at the lower price even if they haven't marked it down on the tag.

I asked one of the assistants, and he looked it up. Though, I don’t think he scanned it.

#2422 4 years ago

Picked up an Asteroids today from Walmart for $199 plus $48 for the riser. Pain is the ass to put together. Overall, it's like cheap furniture you'd get from say... Walmart. However, it's a freakin blast. I love Asteroids. As a teenager, my high score was over 90,000. Maybe even cracked 100,000. So far I haven't cracked 10,000. Talk about a "just one more game" game.

As much as the talk about the cheap spinner, it wasn't unplayable on Tempest. I will either do the hack on the original spinner or buy a replacement though. Amazing fun for a little dough.

#2423 4 years ago

Yeah, Asteroids is tough. Seems like the UFOs are more deadly. I haven't gotten over 40,000 yet. A difficulty adjustment would be nice.

#2424 4 years ago

I find the Final Fight version to be the best value . 4 games that are solid entertainment.

All of the ones i have are difficult, which is fine by me .

They need difficulty settings and I am not sure if that is even feasible. Beginners will die and die often.

Final Fight
Strider
Ghosts and Goblins

#2425 4 years ago

I just ordered a replacement spinner for my Asteroids. I just paid $95 buck to replace one control on a $199 game. Ouch!

But... Tempest was hard to play with the cheap, stock dial. I started on the hardest level and it just didn’t have the resolution and responsiveness to play at that level of difficulty.

#2426 4 years ago

Walmart close to work had 1 asteroids and 1 centipede for $150 each.

Wasn’t planning on getting them but at the price it’s decent. I was planning on a MK and FF cab as well

I think 1up sells the happ track ball they sell in GT for centipede? Worth getting theirs or go aftermarket? I’ll have to see how many spinner mods there are and get one.

126A1DF1-94C3-46AB-B5A2-01892EF6862D (resized).jpeg126A1DF1-94C3-46AB-B5A2-01892EF6862D (resized).jpeg
#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I just ordered a replacement spinner for my Asteroids. I just paid $95 buck to replace one control on a $199 game. Ouch!
But... Tempest was hard to play with the cheap, stock dial. I started on the hardest level and it just didn’t have the resolution and responsiveness to play at that level of difficulty.

I got the turbo twist 2 from groovy gear gamer for my 12 in 1. No regrets. I LOVE Tempest and it's so much fun to play now.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Spinner starts at $69, was it shipping or did you get some upgrades?

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Black inset knob (personal choice)
Energy storage cylinder (a must)
Screwdriver free install (yup)

#2430 4 years ago

local Costco has Asteroids 1up for 199.
I passed as that spinner is garbage.

#2431 4 years ago

You think if I say something snooty about scanlines and authenticity vid1900 will come back?

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You think if I say something snooty about scanlines and authenticity vid1900 will come back?

Try it! We need him back.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes, as dtown stated there are options.

* $7 for the Energy Store Cylinder - necessary if you like that inertia spin with your hand off the spinner
* $5 for the Self Centering Mounting Plate
* $4 for the Accu-Twist option - which is a dampening adjustment
* $12 for a premium knob

I went with the default knob which is a red aluminum knob. It's VERY nice but I wish it was a little larger. I bought the mounting plate and the energy store. So with shipping it was over $90. TOTALLY worth it.

Fairly easy install. Here is a great installation video. To save you a little confusion, the clear ring goes underneath the panel and the black ring goes on top of the panel.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

local Costco has Asteroids 1up for 199.
I passed as that spinner is garbage.

The spinner is pretty bad BUT for $199 plus $90 for the new spinner is a helluva deal for an arcade cabinet. It's not the highest quality ever but for the money its a crazy good deal. Asteroids and Tempest are my two favorite arcade games from my youth. Amazing that they are both in one cab. The default spinner works ok up to level 5 on Tempest. Past level 5 and you're going to need the speed and resolution of the Turbo Twist.

One other thing that I've learned is that every arcade with a spinner has been implemented differently (clicks per spin). The Turbo Twist is configurable via pins on the board. Therefore you need a jumper (see image) which is NOT included. I found that the default setting for Tempest is too fast for my tastes. I changed the setting to Tempest SLOW and it plays great.

jumper (resized).pngjumper (resized).png
#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The spinner is pretty bad BUT for $199 plus $90 for the new spinner is a helluva deal for an arcade cabinet. It's not the highest quality ever but for the money its a crazy good deal. Asteroids and Tempest are my two favorite arcade games from my youth. Amazing that they are both in one cab. The default spinner works ok up to level 5 on Tempest. Past level 5 and you're going to need the speed and resolution of the Turbo Twist.
One other thing that I've learned is that every arcade with a spinner has been implemented differently (clicks per spin). The Turbo Twist is configurable via pins on the board. Therefore you need a jumper (see image) which is NOT included. I found that the default setting for Tempest is too fast for my tastes. I changed the setting to Tempest SLOW and it plays great. [quoted image]

That is one thing I’ve been wondering about. Do you need to change the jumper for playing different games. I.e. tempest vs major havoc?

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

That is one thing I’ve been wondering about. Do you need to change the jumper for playing different games. I.e. tempest vs major havoc?

Major Havoc plays much better with the new spinner. I'm not that familiar with the game so, so far, I don't see a need to switch the jumper once its set. However, Groovy Gamer does suggest that you can add a switch (button) to your game to toggle the settings if desired. From their web site...

"Extensively tested, pre-programmed resolution settings for both Tempest®* and Major Havoc®*. These settings are the result of over 25 hours of playtesting and can be selected by grounding the appropriate pin on the interface, or through the use of a user-supplied SPST toggle switch. Comes ready to play with the Tempest setting selected by default."

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Major Havoc plays much better with the new spinner. I'm not that familiar with the game so, so far, I don't see a need to switch the jumper once its set. However, Groovy Gamer does suggest that you can add a switch (button) to your game to toggle the settings if desired. From their web site...
"Extensively tested, pre-programmed resolution settings for both Tempest®* and Major Havoc®*. These settings are the result of over 25 hours of playtesting and can be selected by grounding the appropriate pin on the interface, or through the use of a user-supplied SPST toggle switch. Comes ready to play with the Tempest setting selected by default."

Thanks! So, are you saying that you basically set the jumper per your preference for tempest, and then just use that one setting without changing it, and it works well for major havoc too? Just want to make sure I understood correctly.

If that's the case that's great. Even if it's not the "correct" setting for major havoc, I'm sure I'd be fine with it as long as it's pretty functional. I just don't want to have to be changing the settings all the time.

I never played a real major havoc so I won't know the difference as long as it works.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

If that's the case that's great. Even if it's not the "correct" setting for major havoc, I'm sure I'd be fine with it as long as it's pretty functional. I just don't want to have to be changing the settings all the time.

My son didn't like the slow Asteroid setting for the maze portion of Major Havoc. So perhaps there is need to be able to switch between settings. I'll report back if I find that the other setting is better.

#2439 4 years ago

I have the Turbo Twist 2 as well but there is another alternative. There is one you can get on Amazon for 49.99. There are many sold already and very well received by Arcade1up owners. I knew it was coming out I just didn't want to wait.

https://www.amazon.com/ThunderStick-Arcade-Spinner-for-Arcade1Up/dp/B07P5WJ7BC/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1_sspa

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I have the Turbo Twist 2 as well but there is another alternative. There is one you can get on Amazon for 49.99. There are many sold already and very well received by Arcade1up owners. I knew it was coming out I just didn't want to wait.
amazon.com link »

Thanks for that. I didn't know it was back in stock. I think I'll try that one.

#2441 4 years ago

I replaced my spinner with this, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5WJ7BC/ and it’s awesome and reasonably priced

#2442 4 years ago

My track ball stopped working. Didn’t move in any direction. I got a new one promptly from Arcade1up, but I figured I would try to fix the old just to have a spare. Problem is I don’t know what I’m doing. Anyone have any ideas. It looks fine, and all connections look ok. I may try to reflow the solder to see if that does anything.

519F4F82-6BFC-48CE-9011-D3B85267A9A8 (resized).jpeg519F4F82-6BFC-48CE-9011-D3B85267A9A8 (resized).jpeg6D7C28D0-C768-4CF3-B467-ED43FF6AFA3B (resized).jpeg6D7C28D0-C768-4CF3-B467-ED43FF6AFA3B (resized).jpeg52DBCA33-E0D6-4959-B4BB-E2069C661801 (resized).jpeg52DBCA33-E0D6-4959-B4BB-E2069C661801 (resized).jpeg

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Black inset knob (personal choice)
Energy storage cylinder (a must)
Screwdriver free install (yup)

Agree on the energy cylinder and screwdriver free upgrades. I skipped the cylinder at first and immediately regretted it. Ended up ordering the part separately. An absolute must.

#2444 4 years ago

My Golden Tee arrived yesterday, and I spent some time this afternoon putting the damn thing together. I hate the IKEA assembly process but I have to say, I love the game. The track ball is great, I love the lit marquee and honestly, the whole machine feels like a step up from the first round of Arcade1Up games. I don’t regret my purchase!

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from weasley:

My Golden Tee arrived yesterday, and I spent some time this afternoon putting the damn thing together. I hate the IKEA assembly process but I have to say, I love the game. The track ball is great, I love the lit marquee and honestly, the whole machine feels like a step up from the first round of Arcade1Up games. I don’t regret my purchase!

Can't wait till I can find one. I've been checking brickseek daily, but theres nothing in Canada

#2446 4 years ago

Cant wait to hear the MK cab thoughts. Is it a bit wider than SFII?

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I replaced my spinner with this, amazon.com link » and it’s awesome and reasonably priced

Oh, man... I'm so happy I ordered mine today. I just noticed they were going to be back in stock... And they're already sold out.
Can't wait to get mine. I do hope they will replace the trackball too... The trackball isn't that bad. It works fine on most of the games.
But, I just think it could work a bit better on liberator and maybe missile command. It freaks out when you really try to move fast.
Still, I enjoy playing all those games.
I really do enjoy the 12 in 1 despite all its flaws.

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My track ball stopped working. Didn’t move in any direction. I got a new one promptly from Arcade1up, but I figured I would try to fix the old just to have a spare. Problem is I don’t know what I’m doing. Anyone have any ideas. It looks fine, and all connections look ok. I may try to reflow the solder to see if that does anything.

Cold solder joint? One spot in the middle of the first pic doesn't look right.

#2449 4 years ago

How many of you are doing the RetroPie conversion of the street fighter cabinet? It definitely seems like a great option since that cabinet with screen can be had for what some arcade places want for just a counter top cabinet kit without any graphics. the upgraded jnoystick and button kits with USB boards are pretty reasonable too.

I recently picked one up and installed the new driver for the LCD. Tested it on VGA with a Jamma module but think the RetroPie will end up being a better option. Are there any standards on connecting the buttons to the USB board? I've seen some Youtube videos but it appears that they just made sure player one and two were connected the same but the order seemed different on different video's

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Cold solder joint? One spot in the middle of the first pic doesn't look right.

The four holes in the middle are empty, if that is what you mean. But, yeah, I think I should try reflowing the solder everywhere just to make sure. If that doesn’t work, I’ll probably just have to throw it away.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/49?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.