• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 63.
#2251 5 years ago

Hi - for folks who want to get ROMs, I think this is the safest (free) place to pick them up: https://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/

You need to sign up for the site, but I signed up many years ago, and have never been received an e-mail from them

Only issue is that I am not sure how easy it is just to get one or two ROMS - this is more of an all or nothing thing I think (best have a spare hard drive)

#2252 5 years ago

This goddamn thread has cost me about $500 so far.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Menards? The home supply store?
I knew they had super cheap food but game consoles?

They have the best price on made in USA Bussman fuses too.

Atari Flashbacks were on the Clearance end cap; handheld & consoles

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from chrispy:

Only issue is that I am not sure how easy it is just to get one or two ROMS - this is more of an all or nothing thing I think (best have a spare hard drive)

You can pick and choose from the 6000 ROMs easily.

If you open a torrent file, you can hit CTRL-A to highlight all the ROMs, then rightclick SKIP FILE.

Now just choose the ROMs you want (rightclick DOWNLOAD FILE)

Now the torrent will only dowload the ones you want.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can pick and choose from the 6000 ROMs easily.
If you open a torrent file, you can hit CTRL-A to highlight all the ROMs, then rightclick SKIP FILE.
Now just choose the ROMs you want (rightclick DOWNLOAD FILE)
Now the torrent will only dowload the ones you want.

Or just download them all and pick and choose later for your setup. With hard drive capacities these days it’s easy to store them. That way you’ve got them all handy in case you want more or if something happens. If I had downloaded all of the Nintendo packs before Nintendo went nuts on all of the distributors I would be happy.

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya, but I’ve owned enough full sized arcades to know that I’m done with them. I have 2 left and might get rid of them in time. This is the Arcade1up fan club; we’re here for the tiny toy machines.

Of course, and I'm certainly in for the Mortal Kombat when it is released, but Golden Tee is a game that requires a bit of room on the control panel to play it properly--a cramped control panel will have you gently rolling the trackball with your thumbs rather than a full "swing through" that is done on a panel with more room. If you're looking for cheap Golden Tee, why not get the trackball that plugs into your TV instead?

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They have the best price on made in USA Bussman fuses too.
Atari Flashbacks were on the Clearance end cap; handheld & consoles

Ours has Digorno's pizzas for $5! Just don't read the salt content

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Of course, and I'm certainly in for the Mortal Kombat when it is released, but Golden Tee is a game that requires a bit of room on the control panel to play it properly--a cramped control panel will have you gently rolling the trackball with your thumbs rather than a full "swing through" that is done on a panel with more room. If you're looking for cheap Golden Tee, why not get the trackball that plugs into your TV instead?

I noticed the screen on the a1u golden tee is angled back further than the other ones. I figured it was to allow for more flinging room, so that they dont uave people putting their fist through the screen.

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I noticed the screen on the a1u golden tee is angled back further than the other ones. I figured it was to allow for more flinging room, so that they dont uave people putting their fist through the screen.

Ya I noticed that too. My one MAME cab has about 12-14 inches between the ball and the screen and no one has ever hit the screen. So I’m not worried.

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

More crap you dont need:
Menards has 2 versions of the Portable Atari Flashback 2600 in the clearance section by the fuses for $9.99
One has Centipede on the box, and one has Pacman.
Both say they take an SD memory card to add more games.
Both are slightly different cases, I'm not sure if one is better than the other
[quoted image]

I have one of those, it’s very nice and you can easily add all 2600 games ever made to it. I’ll have to check my local Menards tomorrow to see if they have it, would get a back up for sure at that price.

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I have one of those, it’s very nice and you can easily add all 2600 games ever made to it. I’ll have to check my local Menards tomorrow to see if they have it, would get a back up for sure at that price.

I checked the Menards by me. I couldn't find those, but I did find the Atari Flashback console for $30. Still didn't buy it.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I checked the Menards by me. I couldn't find those, but I did find the Atari Flashback console for $30. Still didn't buy it.

I wish there was a brickseek for Menards.

They always sell out of the full slabs of ribs for $7.99 (and will just have the ones bathed in sauce left - yuck )

#2263 5 years ago

FYI, just purchased a pair of first gen cabinets and decided to contact Arcade1Up about the protectors. They stated that they ended the free protector program March 1st and now you have to purchase them.

Oh well, would have never thought to even ask if it wasn't for this forum, so not much loss on my part I guess.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

FYI, just purchased a pair of first gen cabinets and decided to contact Arcade1Up about the protectors. They stated that they ended the free protector program March 1st and now you have to purchase them.
Oh well, would have never thought to even ask if it wasn't for this forum, so not much loss on my part I guess.

Hopefully they honor requests made before then... it was some time ago that I filled out the form for Asteroids and still haven't received it.

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wish there was a brickseek for Menards.
They always sell out of the full slabs of ribs for $7.99 (and will just have the ones bathed in sauce left - yuck )

WHO THE FUQ IS BUYING RIBS AT A HARDWARE STORE??

#2266 5 years ago

People who want an 11% rebate on them!

#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

WHO THE FUQ IS BUYING RIBS AT A HARDWARE STORE??

Quoted from catboxer:

People who want an 11% rebate on them!

They have 2 tiny rows of food all the way in the back.

Crazy cheap prices on hormone free ribs, Digorno's pizzas, 5 lb all beef hotdogs - it's a trick to get you to walk all the way to the back of the store.

(and yes, you get 11% rebate on the ribs, lol)

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They have 2 tiny rows of food all the way in the back.
Crazy cheap prices on hormone free ribs, Digorno's pizzas, 5 lb all beef hotdogs - it's a trick to get you to walk all the way to the back of the store.
(and yes, you get 11% rebate on the ribs, lol)

Interesting...

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

How much are they charging?

#2270 5 years ago

I’m pretty sure that the next cab was coming out in March, has anyone seen anything new out in the stores? I don’t remember if it’s was going to be final fight or space invaders that comes next.

Golden tee will probably be out in May; if they plan to sell them for Father’s Day in June.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How much are they charging?

Think it was $16.99

#2272 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy cheap micro switches for the HAPP style buttons? Just bought some and the switches take WAY too much effort to push. I'd say it's a good 10x stronger than the effort it takes to press the stock ones. I tried to play Galaga and I found myself just tapping the button. Not even depressing it.

I say cheap meaning some place where shipping costs wont be ridiculous.

Or does anyone have 5 that I can buy off you?

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone know where I can buy cheap micro switches for the HAPP style buttons? Just bought some and the switches take WAY too much effort to push. I'd say it's a good 10x stronger than the effort it takes to press the stock ones. I tried to play Galaga and I found myself just tapping the button. Not even depressing it.

Are you sure it's the switches and not the button assembly rubbing on itself?

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are you sure it's the switches and not the button assembly rubbing on itself?

Oh yeah. Definitely the switch. Just clicking the switch by itself with my finger I could tell it took way more force.

#2276 5 years ago

Thanks for posting that link! The creativity with owners is definitely a plus for the community.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I have a bunch I’m never gunna use...(you mean the white rectangle with 2 holes and the lil red actuator sticking out..attaches to bottom of button)...if that’s what you need pm me and I’ll send over 5 to yaa.............Joey

#2278 5 years ago

Received an e-mail that my upgraded spinner has shipped, should have it early this week!

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Received an e-mail that my upgraded spinner has shipped, should have it early this week!

Great! I am waiting on one of those too. Can’t wait!

#2280 5 years ago

Which spinners are you getting?

#2282 5 years ago

Those sold out and I was thinking of the groovy gamer spinner but it's $110 shipped which I could justify since I picked the 12 in 1 up for $199 but still pricey.

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Those sold out and I was thinking of the groovy gamer spinner but it's $110 shipped which I could justify since I picked the 12 in 1 up for $199 but still pricey.

They are supposed to be working on one for the 12 in 1 I think.

#2284 5 years ago

I got a rampage cabinet and my buddy got a sf2 cabinet. We love them. He modded his. I plan on doing it to the mortal combat when it comes out. Here is a picture of his.

Part0 (resized).jpgPart0 (resized).jpg
#2285 5 years ago

@woody24....is this what your looking for...?...if so shoot me your address and I’ll send them over.............Joey

C2287959-380A-4229-ABCA-613091896922 (resized).jpegC2287959-380A-4229-ABCA-613091896922 (resized).jpeg
#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

woody24....is this what your looking for...?...if so shoot me your address and I’ll send them over.............Joey
[quoted image]

Yep. those would be the ones. will send a pm

#2287 5 years ago

Is there anyway to get Arkanoid on the 12 -n- 1? I know I can get Breakout via the usb mod but Arkanoid is my game!

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Where did you find it for $199? I picked one up too but it as $299.

I think I'm going to add a joystick on the left side and mod it. Not interested in fighting games so just the one joystick.

#2289 5 years ago

woody24 said...”. I tried to play Galaga and I found myself just tapping the button. Not even depressing it.”

@woody24(Switches on their way.)...don’t forget if your comparing Galaga to an original it will never feel the same...the original cab had leaf switches...there was no “click” when pushing the button...hope they work out for you...cheers..........Joey

#2290 5 years ago

Spinner shipped today! #76!!

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Where did you find it for $199? I picked one up too but it as $299.
I think I'm going to add a joystick on the left side and mod it. Not interested in fighting games so just the one joystick.

TJ Max had them for $199 couple months back thanks to Vid (he posted they had em) I went to my local TJ and found one leaning up against a post in the mens clothing section of all places.

Also bit the bullet and ordered the groovy gamer spinner, will make this thing playable when I get it!

#2292 5 years ago

Received my 12-n-1 deck protector today......took 3 months but I got it!

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

woody24....is this what your looking for...?...if so shoot me your address and I’ll send them over.............Joey
[quoted image]

Got my switches today! Thank you so much! My hand-cramps thank you.

So I did a test to see how much pressure it was taking for the switches that came in my kit, vs. the ones I just got. The ones from Breaking_Dad take roughly 2oz of pressure for them to click. My kit ones, nearly 9oz!

Here's a video for proof. The first ones are the ones from Breaking Dad, second ones are the ones I ordered to Mod my Arcade1up.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Received my 12-n-1 deck protector today......took 3 months but I got it!

They must have just gotten a batch in. I also recieved 12-1 protector yesterday after ordering it the first week of Jan.

#2295 5 years ago

Groovy Gamer Turbo Twist is installed. WOW what a difference I can play Tempest now! Only draw back is I have to get use to it actually spinning and not the garbage stock one which I kinda go use to Install was quick and easy, although you cannot put the black plastic underside cover back on w/out drilling a hole for the bottom of the turbo twist to stick through. Also, I didn't cut the stock spinner out I just re-mounted out of the way.

IMG_0247 (resized).jpgIMG_0247 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpg
#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Groovy Gamer Turbo Twist is installed. WOW what a difference I can play Tempest now!

That looks great, I have been thinking about getting one of these. Does it work well for both tempest and major havoc? I got the impression that there is a setting that needs to be changed when changing between these two games, is that right? If so, how do you change it?

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

You can create custom collections and put only the games you want into it.

Thanks any idea on how to do this?? I just finished 1st mock up of track ball add on mount so I can play GoldenTee 98-2K which are conveniently included on this image along with Capcom Bowling and some other trackball based games so I want to make collection just of them.

#2298 5 years ago

I just tried major havoc and didn't see any issues. I don't think groovy has settings that can be changed.

#2299 5 years ago

Here's the option I ordered for my groovy turbo twist in case anyone else is looking at these:

Accu-Twist (tm) System - Yes
Knob Style - Black Inset
Additional TurboTwist 2 Options - Energy Storage Cylinder
Additional TurboTwist 2 Options - Self Centering Mounting Plate

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I just tried major havoc and didn't see any issues. I don't think groovy has settings that can be changed.

Thanks! That is good news if it works for both games without changes. Below is the statement from their website which is what confused me. Now that I’m reading it again, it looks like they are saying you install a switch to ground a pin.

“Extensively tested, pre-programmed resolution settings for both Tempest®* and Major Havoc®*. These settings are the result of over 25 hours of playtesting and can be selected by grounding the appropriate pin on the interface, or through the use of a user-supplied SPST toggle switch. Comes ready to play with the Tempest setting selected by default.”

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/46?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.