11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,639 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 460 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
b1 (resized).jpg
Lock on (resized).jpg
Turbo Sub (resized).jpg
20190613_140236 (resized).jpg
20190421_125912 (resized).jpg
starwars1-1560367126472 (resized).jpg
1up star wars (resized).jpeg
pacmancab (resized).jpg
streetfightercabinet (resized).jpg
Costco 1Up (resized).jpg
Asteroids Deluxe 1Up Arcade (resized).jpg
TMNT_03_R2-6.7.19 (resized).jpg
3E8B344F-6B5C-4AA4-8CF4-3812F21D8B62 (resized).jpeg
3D4D51E7-19DC-4F58-915F-4166CCD491D9 (resized).jpeg
20190526_090657 (resized).jpg

There are 2639 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 53.
#2202 4 months ago
Quoted from marcand:

I keep going back and forth about getting this. Anyone with the 12-1 deluxe get one of these yet and like it?

I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow. Did ship to store cause I didn't want it sitting on the porch. I like that it has both the trackball and spinner. Might do the mod down the road and add a joystick and more games. Never got into the fighting games so not really interested in having 12 buttons on the deck like the Streetfighter setup.

We've had the Asteroids one on some furniture sliders in the living room since we put it together. Slide it up to the recliner, play a while and then slide it out of the way. Surprised how much the wife likes it. She'd never played Tempest before and loves it. She's looking forward to Centipede and Missile Command.

#2203 4 months ago

This should work to change the difficulty level on their up coming MK cabinet.

#2204 4 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This should work to change the difficulty level on their up coming MK cabinet.

does this work on the other cabinets? the SF2 difficulty is ridiculous

edit: nevermind, just watched the video. Time to RPi this sucker....

#2205 4 months ago

Does anyone know of a good graphic to use for a topper that has moves for street fighter or mortal Kombat? I’d like to make marquee toppers for these 2 games.

I also might use a scrolling led sign to add a topper to golden tee also.

C58CF32F-2638-4124-8D43-9405399E7971 (resized).jpeg3B96377C-0E69-47F5-B2D4-18ACCA4BDF0C (resized).jpegA66516D0-ADF4-4E6D-93FF-98ED37A5B720 (resized).jpeg
#2206 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

does this work on the other cabinets? the SF2 difficulty is ridiculous
edit: nevermind, just watched the video. Time to RPi this sucker....

The only way that I’ve seen that done so far, is to mod in a usb jack. Then some keyboards will work to change the difficulty. You need to push the TAB key to get into the MAME menu, then you can change the dip switch for difficulty.

I haven’t dont this either (yet) but street fighter is brutal as it ships out of the box.

#2207 4 months ago

The only way that I’ve seen that done so far, is to mod in a usb jack. Then some keyboards will work to change the difficulty. You need to push the TAB key to get into the MAME menu, then you can change the dip switch for difficulty.
I haven’t dont this either (yet) but street fighter is brutal as it ships out of the box.

It sure is. I used to have a full size SSF2T and could beat it with every character on default settings- but I can barely get past stage 5 on this! I think some of it has to do with the crap joystick but it’s definitely set up hard. I guess I’ll be adding the usb soon, but I’m more likely going to just go full RetroPie

#2208 4 months ago

MK would be awesome, but from watching that video it's pretty apparent that two adults wouldn't have room to play 2-player.

#2209 4 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

MK would be awesome, but from watching that video it's pretty apparent that two adults wouldn't have room to play 2-player.

It is quite right, but my wife and I play SF2... but yeah, you better be real comfortable with who you’re playing with ! Lol

#2210 4 months ago

If anyone missed out, I have an Asteroids/Tempest/Lunar Lander/Major Havoc game, 6 days old, $174 plus tax - already assembled, ready to play. Wife likes it so much we got the 12 in 1 game too, only keeping one.
20190222_230525 (resized).jpg20190222_232621 (resized).jpg

#2211 4 months ago

Does anyone know of a good graphic to use for a topper that has moves for street fighter or mortal Kombat? I’d like to make marquee toppers for these 2 games.
I also might use a scrolling led sign to add a topper to golden tee also. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=316446&highlight=mortal+kombat+bezel+moves

This guy was big into Mortal Kombat on KLOV. No idea if he's around here now.

This is also neat:
https://www.thisoldgame.com/mortal-kombat/mk-bezel-instructions-decal

#2213 4 months ago

Scheels has them on sale

82D0CEE4-16AA-4C1D-AB0B-CDC76C89B155 (resized).jpeg
#2214 4 months ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Scheels has them on sale
[quoted image]

Same regular price at Walmart around here... (For the four game one and Centipede one)

#2215 4 months ago

Finally got mine setup with retropie, can someone please pm me with a good site for roms?

#2216 4 months ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Finally got mine setup with retropie, can someone please pm me with a good site for roms?

i think its www.retrogamer.com that has a great deal on loaded SD cards. Like 6000 games for 30 bucks or something.

#2217 4 months ago

https://thepiratebay.org/

They now have tons of legal roms, versions of the Holy Bible, two english versions of the Quran, movie previews.

If you haven't been in a long time, check it out.

#2218 4 months ago

When is the MK cab coming out? I definitely want one of those for the control layout alone.

#2219 4 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

When is the MK cab coming out? I definitely want one of those for the control layout alone.

I think September

#2220 4 months ago

I got an e-mail from A1up:

We would like to apologize for the delayed response.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving your part. Please be advised that the delay is due to not having the available inventory at the moment. Once the parts are available it will be sent to the address you provided. We look forward to resolving your issue.

This was for the 12-n-1 control panel protector. Anyone else get this?

#2221 4 months ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I got an e-mail from A1up:
We would like to apologize for the delayed response.
We sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving your part. Please be advised that the delay is due to not having the available inventory at the moment. Once the parts are available it will be sent to the address you provided. We look forward to resolving your issue.
This was for the 12-n-1 control panel protector. Anyone else get this?

Bummer, if your control panel art is still good, order some clear laminate from amazon, take everything off the control panel , laminate it and put everything back together, better than the protector

#2222 4 months ago

Asteroids is $199 at every Walmart around me according to Brickseek. I saw them at $199 today at my local Walmart. Everything else was $299.

#2223 4 months ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Asteroids is $199 at every Walmart around me according to Brickseek. I saw them at $199 today at my local Walmart. Everything else was $299.

Yup, the norm..

#2224 4 months ago

what is the best version to get if a person was interested in modding it for Raspberry Pi? I am guessing the buttons, etc are what would be important. Thx.

#2225 4 months ago
Quoted from rad:

what is the best version to get if a person was interested in modding it for Raspberry Pi? I am guessing the buttons, etc are what would be important. Thx.

Depends on what you want to play, but the Street Fighter has probably the most accommodating controls for most games outside of games with oddball controls, and good for fighters obviously.

#2226 4 months ago

Arcade1UP Ready RetroPie Image, Wolfanoz Arcade Only 32GB, Clean Settings - Arcade Punks
https://www.arcadepunks.com/arcade1up-ready-retropie-image-wolfanoz-arcade-only-32gb-clean-settings/

#2227 4 months ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Depends on what you want to play, but the Street Fighter has probably the most accommodating controls for most games outside of games with oddball controls, and good for fighters obviously.

I'd second Street Fighter based on button selection

#2228 4 months ago

Arcade1UP Ready RetroPie Image, Wolfanoz Arcade Only 32GB, Clean Settings - Arcade Punks
https://www.arcadepunks.com/arcade1up-ready-retropie-image-wolfanoz-arcade-only-32gb-clean-settings/

Grabbed this, installing this weekend ...

#2229 4 months ago

This looks amazing. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get to this point though.

#2230 4 months ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I'd second Street Fighter based on button selection

Yup. I bought a SF2 and did the ETA Prime Pi 3b+ conversion. Even with about $500 in it, I have no regrets. There's no reason for me to buy any of the other ones that use a joystick. I have the Atari 12 in 1 for trackball and spinner games like Centipede and Tempest. Tons of people are asking for X-Men and TMNT on Facebook but, if you install a Pi in a SF2 cab, it doesn't matter. You can get those games easily.

Now I don't know how well the Pi can run laserdisc games like Dragon's Lair. So, if Arcade1Up releases a Dragon's Lair Trilogy, I may be interested. The cab art reproduction they do is pretty nice. Look at the new Space Invaders one. Not that I'm gonna spend $300.00 on a SI just for the art.

Also, is Golden Tee fun for one player? Or, is it just a bar game?

#2231 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

s Golden Tee fun for one player? Or, is it just a bar game

Well, that depends how much you like golf. It's fun to practice and play solo, but with a group of people golden tee is a blast.

#2232 4 months ago

Well, that depends how much you like golf. It's fun to practice and play solo, but with a group of people golden tee is a blast.

Figured that. Does this Arcade1Up compilation have the best of them on it?

Also, I like Hot Shots Golf and Neo Turf Masters. That's my knowledge of golf.

#2233 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

Yup. I bought a SF2 and did the ETA Prime Pi 3b+ conversion. Even with about $500 in it, I have no regrets. There's no reason for me to buy any of the other ones that use a joystick. I have the Atari 12 in 1 for trackball and spinner games like Centipede and Tempest. Tons of people are asking for X-Men and TMNT on Facebook but, if you install a Pi in a SF2 cab, it doesn't matter. You can get those games easily.
Now I don't know how well the Pi can run laserdisc games like Dragon's Lair. So, if Arcade1Up releases a Dragon's Lair Trilogy, I may be interested. The cab art reproduction they do is pretty nice. Look at the new Space Invaders one. Not that I'm gonna spend $300.00 on a SI just for the art.
Also, is Golden Tee fun for one player? Or, is it just a bar game?

The pi 3+ runs Daphne just fine - those games, ironically are not super resource intensive. I don’t think it is included in the build posted above though.

#2234 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

I think it’s 4 golden tee games, usually they have 3 courses, so there should be l bit of verity

#2235 4 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This looks amazing. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get to this point though.

I downloaded last night, works like a champ and now I have my mutli-cade for $300

#2236 4 months ago

If anyone is in need of HDMI cables for their RPi or just need them anyways, my local Target had $3 10ft cables in the electronics clearance section. They were marked at $5 but actually rang up $3. I bought 2 at first, then when I saw how cheap they really were, I bought 5 more.

#2237 4 months ago

I downloaded last night, works like a champ and now I have my mutli-cade for $300

Put in my order with Amazon last night - rang up to $120 which wasn't great to see, but I didn't have a Pi 3+ laying around, like I thought I did. So I got the Pi3, the monitor interface board, the LED arcade button set (with bat sticks! haha ), and the little amp. I'll find some speakers somewhere. Pretty sure I have an old set of WPC speakers which will make their way in there...

#2238 4 months ago

I think it’s 4 golden tee games, usually they have 3 courses, so there should be l bit of verity

It's the late 90's era Golden Tee series. My first arcade game was a Golden Tee '97 and when I owned it, I swapped rom chips to change it to '98, '99, and 2K for some variety in the courses. There was also Classic and 3D in that era that were chip swaps as well, but I remember Classic was too pricey at the time since it was the newest version of that era. It's the series that is before the Golden Tee Fore series--similar gameplay, but for not much more money you could get a Golden Tee Complete machine and have about 30 courses. If space is an issue, the Fore series cabinets can be chopped down to a pedestal size. Some older PC monitors can be used for the display or a converter card can allow that era to be plugged into a TV, I think.

Summary: For $300 you can have this version of old Golden Tee or for about the same price you could get the next series newer in a real arcade cabinet.

#2239 4 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Summary: For $300 you can have this version of old Golden Tee or for about the same price you could get the next series newer in a real arcade cabinet.

Ya, but I’ve owned enough full sized arcades to know that I’m done with them. I have 2 left and might get rid of them in time. This is the Arcade1up fan club; we’re here for the tiny toy machines.

#2240 4 months ago

Anybody considered doing an alternative riser that’s a few inches higher? I’m going to build one eventually ..

#2241 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody considered doing an alternative riser that’s a few inches higher? I’m going to build one eventually ..

There's a good FB group and someone used some Ikea tabletops stacked.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1450378475106130/

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.24.26 AM (resized).png
#2242 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Put in my order with Amazon last night - rang up to $120 which wasn't great to see, but I didn't have a Pi 3+ laying around, like I thought I did. So I got the Pi3, the monitor interface board, the LED arcade button set (with bat sticks! haha ), and the little amp. I'll find some speakers somewhere. Pretty sure I have an old set of WPC speakers which will make their way in there...

Yea, my total order for everything was $165, but signed up for the amazon credit card and got $50 off my order. Signed up for the 30 day free prime membership and got free shipping.
Playing the game.

#2243 4 months ago

Yea, my total order for everything was $165, but signed up for the amazon credit card and got $50 off my order. Signed up for the 30 day free prime membership and got free shipping.
Playing the game.

Nice!!

#2244 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

Neo Turf Masters is amazing. After I sold my six slot it's the only cart I kept.

A Neo Geo 1up cab would actually get me interested. All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

#2245 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

IMG_5699.GIF
#2246 4 months ago

I basically replicated the ETAPrime set up as well with the Wolfanoz image and love it, had to get riser because of my height but considering I had access to pi and got the cab for $175 this was a no brainer for me. With all that said it is overwhelming the amount of choices a non-arcade savy guest that just wants to play pacman or ninja turtles. Has anyone tried to customize the front end to simplify the navigation of the system? I get that it is pretty straightforward already but for people like my parents or kids they get lost in the menus and have trouble finding and starting games.

#2247 4 months ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

I basically replicated the ETAPrime set up as well with the Wolfanoz image and love it, had to get riser because of my height but considering I had access to pi and got the cab for $175 this was a no brainer for me. With all that said it is overwhelming the amount of choices a non-arcade savy guest that just wants to play pacman or ninja turtles. Has anyone tried to customize the front end to simplify the navigation of the system? I get that it is pretty straightforward already but for people like my parents or kids they get lost in the menus and have trouble finding and starting games.

You can create custom collections and put only the games you want into it.

#2248 4 months ago

More crap you dont need:

Menards has 2 versions of the Portable Atari Flashback 2600 in the clearance section by the fuses for $9.99

One has Centipede on the box, and one has Pacman.

Both say they take an SD memory card to add more games.

Both are slightly different cases, I'm not sure if one is better than the other
maxresdefault-5 (resized).jpg

#2249 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Neo Turf Masters is amazing. After I sold my six slot it's the only cart I kept.
A Neo Geo 1up cab would actually get me interested. All this Pac Man Galaga stuff is too old.

Yea. I have a bunch of Neo Geo games on my Pi cab including Neo Turf Masters. I also play it on my phone sometimes. It works fine with a touch screen.

#2250 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

More crap you dont need:
Menards has 2 versions of the Portable Atari Flashback 2600 in the clearance section by the fuses for $9.99
One has Centipede on the box, and one has Pacman.
Both say they take an SD memory card to add more games.
Both are slightly different cases, I'm not sure if one is better than the other
[quoted image]

Menards? The home supply store?

I knew they had super cheap food but game consoles?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 115.00
Boards
Little Shop Of Games
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 39.95
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 15.00
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 2639 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside