7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,294 posts
  • 249 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C2287959-380A-4229-ABCA-613091896922 (resized).jpeg
Part0 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault-5 (resized).jpg
IMG_5699.GIF
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.24.26 AM (resized).png
82D0CEE4-16AA-4C1D-AB0B-CDC76C89B155 (resized).jpeg
20190222_232621 (resized).jpg
20190222_230525 (resized).jpg
C58CF32F-2638-4124-8D43-9405399E7971 (resized).jpeg
A66516D0-ADF4-4E6D-93FF-98ED37A5B720 (resized).jpeg
3B96377C-0E69-47F5-B2D4-18ACCA4BDF0C (resized).jpeg
533a4531-bb11-4c61-8265-274c5ee90375_1.cf7df01a1dde999cb6ef6f49ff6a3209 (resized).jpeg
20190222_212925 (resized).jpg
Tt2ps_MED (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
stock-photo-beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-204001492-620x1004 (resized).jpg

There are 2294 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 46.
#2101 34 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Just ordered 2, so well see if you're correct. Blaming you if they dont work.

Cool. Can't wait for the report! At least I'm oly on the hook for a few bucks.

#2102 34 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anybody get a chance to play the Final fight cabinet . I like all of the games included there.

I played it at ces.

#2103 33 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I played it at ces.

cool .. how did you like it (or not )?

#2104 33 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

cool .. how did you like it (or not )?

It reminded me of streets of rage. The joystick and buttons felt cheap (normal for arcade 1up) but I liked the game as I love SoR. I think they had it in the karate champ cab. So I hope it gets a different cab/theme.

#2105 32 days ago

Anyone know when they intend on releasing the cocktail cabs? Very interested in more details on those as I would actually buy one.

#2106 32 days ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone know when they intend on releasing the cocktail cabs? Very interested in more details on those as I would actually buy one.

Fall 2019

#2107 32 days ago

Anyone hear anything regarding a release date for the risers with matching art? I like the one for Pacman that was in the CES pics.

#2108 32 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Just ordered 2, so well see if you're correct. Blaming you if they dont work.

Let us know for sure! I really want to get some of those...

#2109 31 days ago

Saw this on Instagram this morning

50776D1C-EAE0-48DB-88C5-62DE44A9DDCA (resized).jpeg
#2110 31 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Saw this on Instagram this morning [quoted image]

She was on The CTV morning show today (your morning) giving an interview. I wonder if that's in the green room at the studio

#2111 31 days ago

Is she a single mom?

#2112 31 days ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Is she a single mom?

She is a lesbian, and very married.

#2113 31 days ago

My Scheels store computer shows final fight as an early March release. Waiting for that one for sure.

#2114 30 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My Scheels store computer shows final fight as an early March release. Waiting for that one for sure.

I thought at CES they said the end of February, so it should be soon

#2115 30 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

She is a lesbian, and very married.

so what, so am i....

#2116 30 days ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

so what, so am i....

Easy now. There's nothing wrong with that, the comment was for Ellen Page. Ellen Page is not a single mom, she is a great actor whom happens to be a lesbian and married.

There's nothing to get upset about here.

#2117 30 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Easy now. There's nothing wrong with that, the comment was for Ellen Page. Ellen Page is not a single mom, she is a great actor whom happens to be a lesbian and married.
There's nothing to get upset about here.

Relax dude, its a joke.... I'm a guy....just remembered a Axl Rose t shirt with the
" Nobody knows I'm a lesbian" print on it....

#2118 30 days ago

Yeah, it's totally relevant to the conversation because everybody knows lesbians can't get pregnant. Duh!

#2119 30 days ago

so what, so am i....

Congratulations to you and your partner!

In the States, it's only been legal for 3 years, so it's still a big deal that we get excited about.

#2120 30 days ago

Relax dude, its a joke.... I'm a guy....just remembered a Axl Rose t shirt with the
" Nobody knows I'm a lesbian" print on it....

Reminds me of the Green Day show I was at where Billie Joe Armstrong announced that they were the "Queens of lesbian rock!". I found that pretty amusing...

#2121 30 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Congratulations to you and your partner!
In the States, it's only been legal for 3 years, so it's still a big deal that we get excited about.

Well considering they are both Canucks and its been legal here for 14 years. I just thought it was a cool picture, I did wonder if posting it here was a good idea, this place can be weird.

#2122 28 days ago

https://twitter.com/arcade_1up/status/1096862957651267586?s=20

These won the tech toy of the year. I hope they’re easier to find in Canada in 2019. I’d be interested in a 12 in 1 cab, but there not available here.

89CD41B9-98AC-46AC-B54C-90D1BF257D62 (resized).jpeg
#2123 28 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I got interested in those volcano switches (--nostalgia--) and poked around a bit.
There are different ones. Some are tall and some are short. Some are black and some are aluminum. Some are illuminated and some are not. Mostly they were for Start buttons (usually illuminated I believe) but also sometimes for Fire buttons (Missile Command).
This thread has some information. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=11123.0
Someone posted this drawing of the tall cone.
[quoted image]
Looking at those dimensions, I still think this Parts Express lighted switch might work. It is labeled as 1/4 inch for the button and 0.366" for the mounting hole which looks like it will fit.
https://www.parts-express.com/spst-snap-in-mount-push-button-no-momentary-125vac-1a-switch-with-2vdc-red-led--060-665
I might try that for my arcade panel, if I ever get around to building it. These things are cooler than the typical standard arcade pushbutton switch that is used everywhere.

These red light buttons don't work. I couldn't figure out a way to get them inside of the a functioning button with the Volcano base. There was at least no way to secure it in a proper way. Glue I suppose. But I was hopping to merge the lit button with the Lowes one so that I could screw it in. Couldn't figure out a way to do it. So right now I have the base with the black Lowes switch. It works at least.

#2124 28 days ago

Finished converting my SFII into a Raspberry Pi MAME. Things worked out good enough, but ran into some snags along the way.

Even though this is a cheap toy, I figured I'd put quality products in it, and make it as much of real arcade cabinet as I could.

I replaced the panel just underneith the control deck with a speaker grill panel. The problem I ran into was that the buttons hit the speaker. So I had to drill new holes and mount the speakers about an inch lower to make sure there was enough clearance.

The other thing, I had a heck of time drilling the holes for the protective overlay. I couldn't find a bore bit with fine teeth. So there's a few cracks and scrapes in the overlay. But that's ok. It still protects the artwork and it just wasn't worth buying a whole nother sheet of it. But if I had to do it again, I'd drill the holes first, make sure the buttons all fit, THEN drill holes for the screws while the buttons are in place, THEN trim the overlay to size.

For whatever reason, when the buttons were mounted, the overlay rotated about 1/4 inch. So I had to trim the edges and modify some holes.

I also installed official HAPP buttons and Sanwa joysticks. The price difference wasn't that bad, so figured, what the hell. And honestly, the buttons have a spring vibration sound when tapped. And the joystick is really loud with it's clicking.

I played an official Final Fight last night at our local Arcade bar, and loved how that joystick felt. Wish I knew what it was.

But it turned out good. Just figured I'd pass along some of my notes of my build. Maybe it will help someone else who's considering the same thing.

Now I just need to figure out how to make the powering on and off as dummy proof and simple as possible. May use the Gameboy Zero idea of powering it off. Add a battery pack to the Raspberry Pi, and connect everything to one switch.

2019-02-17 17.18.24 (resized).jpg2019-02-17 17.19.19 (resized).jpg2019-02-17 17.19.36 (resized).jpg2019-02-17 17.20.20 (resized).jpg
#2125 27 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Finished converting my SFII into a Raspberry Pi MAME.

Thanks for posting. Do you have a link to a website that walks you through the process? Also, can you share how much it cost to do the conversion?

Thank you.

#2126 27 days ago
Quoted from rad:

Thanks for posting. Do you have a link to a website that walks you through the process? Also, can you share how much it cost to do the conversion?
Thank you.

Check this video out.

#2127 27 days ago

I played a few of these at Fry’s today. They’re worse than I imagined! The sound lag is so obvious, that’s a deal breaker right there. Playing Joust was really disorienting with the flaps & other sounds being about a second late from the action. Same with Centipede. Ooophhh. Horrible emulation.

#2128 27 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played a few of these at Fry’s today. They’re worse than I imagined! The sound lag is so obvious, that’s a deal breaker right there. Playing Joust was really disorienting with the flaps & other sounds being about a second late from the action. Same with Centipede. Ooophhh. Horrible emulation.

I haven’t notice that at all. I wonder if it needs a periodic reboot? Bummer you had a bad experience.

#2129 27 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I haven’t notice that at all. I wonder if it needs a periodic reboot? Bummer you had a bad experience.

Some people don’t notice lag in bad emulation. I’m very aware of it. NES Classic has some audio lag, too. It was way worse on these games, though.

#2130 26 days ago

Yes there is going to be audio lag. The ability to reduce audio lag to near PCB levels using portaudio wasn't introduced into mainline mame until 0.182. anything before that which wasn't compiled specifically with audio lag reduction in mind will experience the lag.

#2131 26 days ago

This thread got me thinking. There is a single mom I know and she was OBSESSED with Galaga.

I wonder if she bought one of these...

#2132 25 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only good for 17 inch monitor and cabinet. Use for MAME or Arcade SD. New controls. A good buy to get a ready to go Cabaret.

#2133 25 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

This thread got me thinking. There is a single mom I know and she was OBSESSED with Galaga.

I wonder if she bought one of these...

A1U advertises in Overwhelmed and NAASM magazines (National Association for the Advancement of Single Mothers) so I'm sure she is well aware.

9cacdd5933dcef48fd2d6b4b9dfde72c (resized).jpg
#2134 25 days ago

Ha, where's the bubble cloud for "Dating".

#2135 25 days ago

She needs some ADD meds.

#2136 25 days ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Ha, where's the bubble cloud for "Dating".

It would actually say "Find some dude to shack up with me to help pay for the mortgage of the house I won in the divorce"

#2137 25 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

It would actually say "Find some dude to shack up with me to help pay for the mortgage of the house I won in the divorce"

But, in many (most?) states, if you are caught with a non-family member male living in the house, she loses all her free school breakfast/lunches, child food assistance "food stamps", free after school activities "babysitting till 6pm".

You can always tell when men write the laws, lol.

#2138 25 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But, in many (most?) states, if you are caught with a non-family member male living in the house, she loses all her free school breakfast/lunches, child food assistance "food stamps", free after school activities "babysitting till 6pm".
You can always tell when men write the laws, lol.

Unfortunately this is common in CA. The father on the birth certificate is "unknown". You left out the general welfare checks.

#2139 25 days ago

Damn. Bought another one today. So after selling my Pacman and Galaga and making a tiny profit, I saw they were back on sale again for $100. So I just picked up Galaga this time. Since I've converted SFII, I'm going to do the same thing for Galaga, but only make it for vertical screen games.

These things are so fun and cute. And now I have 2, which fit perfectly in my space.

#2140 25 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Unfortunately this is common in CA. The father on the birth certificate is "unknown".

I know, there was a just a TV special about that.

Even with all the DNA testing nowadays, in the US, 2% of all children have "Father Unknown".

Quoted from xsvtoys:

You left out the general welfare checks.

Our state got rid of General Welfare decades ago.

If you don't have dependent children, you get nothing.

The max with a single mom and 3 children is $900 - that would not pay even for the cheapest apartment around here, lol

#2141 25 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know, there was a just a TV special about that.
Even with all the DNA testing nowadays, in the US, 2% of all children have "Father Unknown".

Our state got rid of General Welfare decades ago.
If you don't have dependent children, you get nothing.
The max with a single mom and 3 children is $900 - that would not pay even for the cheapest apartment around here, lol

Right, something like that, plus add in about $600 or so for the SNAP, and free Medicaid. Rent is less of an issue because 3 to 4 (or even more) families live in a place that is designed for 1 family. Add in some phantom money from ghost dad and under the table work and you're good to go.

EDIT - do you remember what network that show was on or what it was called? I would like to watch that one.

#2142 25 days ago
Quoted from woody24:

Damn. Bought another one today. So after selling my Pacman and Galaga and making a tiny profit, I saw they were back on sale again for $100. So I just picked up Galaga this time. Since I've converted SFII, I'm going to do the same thing for Galaga, but only make it for vertical screen games.
These things are so fun and cute. And now I have 2, which fit perfectly in my space.

Where are they on sale around Indy for $100??

#2143 25 days ago

I'd like to apologize for making that divorce joke as it triggered politics in this topic.

#2144 25 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd like to apologize for making that divorce joke as it triggered politics in this topic.

OK back to topic - where do we get that $100 arcade??

#2145 25 days ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Where are they on sale around Indy for $100??

Lebanon

#2146 25 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

EDIT - do you remember what network that show was on or what it was called? I would like to watch that one.

It was around Father's day, a broad finds out (23 & Me) that her father knocked up a Vietnam chick and now she has a 1/2 sister, 1/2 way around the world in the same episode.

#2147 25 days ago

Target has Streetfighter2 at most locations for either $174 or $104 depending on your neighborhood

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-17-0042

Looks like most of the $104 stores have less than 15 in stock, so if your Target store is 24-hour, you better not wait until morning......

#2148 25 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was around Father's day, a broad finds out (23 & Me) that her father knocked up a Vietnam chick and now she has a 1/2 sister, 1/2 way around the world in the same episode.

I saw this too as a rerun. Followed by a special on the Golden State Killer... "Hey, I mailed in my spit, and now I have a half sister in Vietnam and... dad's a serial rapist from the 70's."
https://parade.com/678774/lhochwald/nbcs-harry-smith-invites-you-to-meet-an-amazing-dad/

Quoted from benheck:

You're good. She still has to "forgive" her ex. So they threw the first stone.

#2149 25 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Target has Streetfighter2 at most locations for either $174 or $104 depending on your neighborhood
Looks like most of the $104 stores have less than 15 in stock, so if your Target store is 24-hour, you better not wait until morning......

Looks like there all out of stock by me, Detroit area

#2150 24 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Apparently the SF2 one has a missing sound channel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 250.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 275.00
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 329.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2294 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside