• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 63.
#2051 5 years ago

...but I didn't say that at all now did I?

This is exactly what I said "The big difference is when these were announced in Canada they were priced at I think $499. That's where a lot of hate comes from and comparisons to the real deal. When you hit the $500 range you are easily into "real" cab territory."

Not sure where this narrative of single moms, living rooms, and dudes with non working penises is coming from. Are people really this delusional here?

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Not sure where this narrative of single moms, living rooms, and dudes with non working penises is coming from. Are people really this delusional here?

Single Moms and Living Rooms comes from the "selling points" sheet that A1U gave to the employees at GS.

Dudes with nonworking penises always try to damp down the enjoyment other people are having with a product.

#2053 5 years ago

More info from A1U

#2054 5 years ago

Still waiting on my cpo protectors. How long did it take others to receive theirs? I never got any shipping notification or anything. Ordered over the phone and that was it. Been a couple weeks.

#2056 5 years ago

Here is a guy who got all the way to wave 256 on the A1U Galaga with over 3 million points.

#2057 5 years ago

^^ No Way !! ^^ I cant break 200,000. wave 23 roughly , and I'm out !!

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Still waiting on my cpo protectors. How long did it take others to receive theirs? I never got any shipping notification or anything. Ordered over the phone and that was it. Been a couple weeks.

Took 4 weeks. Then when it came, the holes were all slightly off so it didn’t fit. Now I’m waiting on another one. They said they would try to hurry it up but that it could still be another 4-6 weeks. It’s been another two so far.

#2059 5 years ago

Ordered my protector for my 12 in 1 and a Asteroids one showed up. Maybe I goofed the order up. Anyway, placed another order for the right one and I'm still waiting. Anyone need an Asteroids protector? The 12 in 1 control panel is still holding up. I'm careful with it though. Wave 256 on Galaga?? Holy crap!! I have managed level 20 but I'm usually toast. A friend has shown me all the challenging stages. Some I'll never see when I'm playing. I think there are 8 different ones before they start repeating.

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here is a guy who got all the way to wave 256 on the A1U Galaga with over 3 million points.

So is it supposed to reset after wave 256? Did the original code not go any higher than that or is that a bug?

#2061 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

So is it supposed to reset after wave 256? Did the original code not go any higher than that or is that a bug?

It's a **killscreen**.

Just like Pacman and Centipede, 255 is the end of the memory range and the original game crashes.

I ran out of waves on Demon Attack the other day, at 84 waves, it crashes too.

#2062 5 years ago

Anyone put a mylar sheet over the console panel instead of using a deck protector and how did it work out? Pics please!

#2063 5 years ago

I was able to illuminate my marquee using the USB motherboard mod. It supplies 5v, enough to power two 6.3v LED strips from Comet pinball fitted with a USB connector. Best part is, it turns on and off with the game power. No external power supplies. And it looks close to the real thing; Pacman was lit by 2 incandescent lamps.
I did this mod on a spare board A1U sent me (locked pixels) incase this failed.

20190126_211135 (resized).jpg20190126_211135 (resized).jpg20190127_102137 (resized).jpg20190127_102137 (resized).jpg20181231_122314 (resized).jpg20181231_122314 (resized).jpg
#2064 5 years ago

Is that the original marquee or aftermarket? Looks really good.

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I was able to illuminate my marquee using the USB motherboard mod. It supplies 5v, enough to power two 6.3v LED strips from Comet pinball fitted with a USB connector. Best part is, it turns on and off with the game power. No external power supplies. And it looks close to the real thing; Pacman was lit by 2 incandescent lamps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Given how simple that was you have to wonder why they wouldn’t do the same at the factory?

#2066 5 years ago

I make a led light bar that goes over the marquees to light them up nicely. I also made a kickplate light bar that illuminates the lower portion of the game. These light bars uses the original marquee. I have not put them on my website as of yet. I have made a few custom arcade pincups that mount to the side of the game to hold that cold beer, definately not on the CPO. I also have all kinds of cool graphics for the cabinet and pedestals for all games. Colored trim kits and colored screw hole covers are also going to be for sale soon.

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Is that the original marquee or aftermarket? Looks really good.

That's an aftermarket marquee printed to size from an eBay seller. broadstreetdecals.
Top quality stuff and cheap.
I did this whole mod for around $35

My main objective was to have everything self contained. I didnt want cords running all over the place. The USB hub is perfect.

#2068 5 years ago

Perfect timing. It showed up at my friends house while the kids were at a family thing. Got a text this am and the kids were super excited

BE9EF4CA-81B4-4F1B-9A55-774B57A8E7BE (resized).jpegBE9EF4CA-81B4-4F1B-9A55-774B57A8E7BE (resized).jpeg
#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

from an eBay seller. broadstreetdecals.

That's the same seller that did my Centipede marquee. His stuff is very good for the price. Usually the cheaper marquees look washed out when lit. His look great.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anyone put a mylar sheet over the console panel instead of using a deck protector and how did it work out? Pics please!

This is the way I did mine and it came out perfect. I am sure Mylar would work as well. Here’s mine and the post that lead me to do it this way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/36#post-4799270

7C803CEC-498E-44DB-AA3A-5600028D0446 (resized).jpeg7C803CEC-498E-44DB-AA3A-5600028D0446 (resized).jpeg
#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I used this stuff and it worked perfectly. I used it as it was just temporary until my panel came in. Easy to install and easy to remove.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRRX21L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you mount the marquee?

#2073 5 years ago

First batch of replacement spinners ships latter this month.

#2074 5 years ago

I'm curious to see how people like these. I can't imagine that there won't be a turbo twist version soon too. I have two of those for my mame machines and they work great.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

NO ONE needs to be told they could buy something else, lol .
You've got to admit, nothing could be dumber than to tell Pinheads that they could buy commercial gaming equipment - they kinda already know.

Vid!?! You mean to tell me I could buy a room sized claw machine!?!?! I’ve been awaiting permission for years! My kids will be so excited that I can crane them out of bed!!!!

#2076 5 years ago

The patents have long expired on the real Atari, so those things could be made with no new engineering or prototyping

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Vid how do I get in on this gig?

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Vid how do I get in on this gig?

Personally, I'd let the first wave get installed and see if there are any problems. Let the early adopters be the Guinea pigs.

If everyone loves it, then get one from the second wave.

If something needs to be addressed, get the V2.0

#2079 5 years ago

Is there any word from Arcade1up if they have any intention of fixing the controls or selling an upgrade?

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there any word from Arcade1up if they have any intention of fixing the controls or selling an upgrade?

They said at CES that they were "looking to address the spinner control feel"

Who knows when that will be.......

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They said at CES that they were "looking to address the spinner control feel"
Who knows when that will be.......

I haven't had a chance to play one personally but I see people online are modding the track ball to try and get better control out of it.
I was most interested in the trackball variation, some good deals out there on the 12 in 1, just such a bummer that both controls are reported to have issues.

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

How do you mount the marquee?

I have a length of L-channel scrwed into the wooden piece just above the bezel. It sandwiches the marquee into place.

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I haven't had a chance to play one personally but I see people online are modding the track ball to try and get better control out of it.

Trackball is actually pretty good.

Oil the shaft like you do a normal arcade trackball, and you are all set.

Silicone oil like you use on O-rings won't eat the plastic and lasts for years.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I'm curious to see how people like these. I can't imagine that there won't be a turbo twist version soon too. I have two of those for my mame machines and they work great.

There already is. I have one on order.
https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=412

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

From the video it sounds like that will be a high-resolution spinner with an included DIP switch board to dial down the sensitivity for different games. If that is available for sale separately I would imagine it could be used to modify the resolution of the Spintrak.

At least one could hope.

#2086 5 years ago

Did not know that !- Last I chat with Randy he said I would get an email update- thanks for the info!

#2087 5 years ago

Bah! My rampage stopped working...

1. Checked ALL connections, flip power switch, nothing, no boot, no lights

2. Replaced power cord all the way through from a working game... no dice

3. calling arcade 1up tomorrow for next solution

... anyone else have any suggestions?

#2088 5 years ago

Check the power supply tip with your meter

#2089 5 years ago

Anyone here installed the turbotwist? I want an opinion on install before I pull the trigger. I saw a video - but I'm curious to learn about the install itself and if people like it?

2019-02-10 18_02_10-TurboTwist 2 Arcade Spinner Control for Arcade 1UP_ Machines [TRBOTWST241UP] _ G (resized).png2019-02-10 18_02_10-TurboTwist 2 Arcade Spinner Control for Arcade 1UP_ Machines [TRBOTWST241UP] _ G (resized).png
#2090 5 years ago

Sold my Pacman and Galaga. Kept Street Fighter. Had them for just over a month and I still played them all. Only thing was I only really had room for 2 machines, but figured I could mod my SFII anyways and have all the game, so I decided I'd rather have the money and space back.

Started the process of the mod, and I like it. I'm only going to put just the arcade games I like on it. I think right now my list is up to about 35 games (plus different version of the games. Only counting all the SF's as one). Also still trying to remember what was good and what I used to play. But I also figured that if I can catch Walmart again with a vertical display game for $100, I may pick up another again, and split my games between horizontal and vertical screens.

Still can't beat'em. Fun little things, and if I had a basement, I'd totally be collecting them all.

#2091 5 years ago

Also, I ordered a couple of those volcano switch bases. My original plan was to drill holes in the upper corners of the control board for them. But when I stripped all the controls out, I realized that these things will fit perfect in the power switch and volume holes. The volcano base covers the hole completely.

The only thing is I'll have to rig up a washer, because the switch itself just isn't wide enough to not slip through the hole if really tightened down.

Really wish they had a light up red version of the switch. But at least Lowes had $6 ones that fit it perfectly. Will also need to come up with a label that looks good and covers the ON/Off and Volume. May do "coin" or may just do one that looks like the texture of the board and hide it.

2019-02-10 18.18.06 (resized).jpg2019-02-10 18.18.06 (resized).jpg2019-02-10 18.18.28 (resized).jpg2019-02-10 18.18.28 (resized).jpg
#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also, I ordered a couple of those volcano switch bases. My original plan was to drill holes in the upper corners of the control board for them. But when I stripped all the controls out, I realized that these things will fit perfect in the power switch and volume holes. The volcano base covers the hole completely.
The only thing is I'll have to rig up a washer, because the switch itself just isn't wide enough to not slip through the hole if really tightened down.
Really wish they had a light up red version of the switch. But at least Lowes had $6 ones that fit it perfectly. Will also need to come up with a label that looks good and covers the ON/Off and Volume. May do "coin" or may just do one that looks like the texture of the board and hide it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What’s the purpose of the volcano switch?

#2093 5 years ago

Nostalgia

#2094 5 years ago

What he said.

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also, I ordered a couple of those volcano switch bases.

Could you tell me where you ordered those? I’m working on a Marble Madness and would like to put those on it. Thx!

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Could you tell me where you ordered those? I’m working on a Marble Madness and would like to put those on it. Thx!

Right here http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/568/atari-tall-black-button-cone.htm

#2097 5 years ago

I got interested in those volcano switches (--nostalgia--) and poked around a bit.

There are different ones. Some are tall and some are short. Some are black and some are aluminum. Some are illuminated and some are not. Mostly they were for Start buttons (usually illuminated I believe) but also sometimes for Fire buttons (Missile Command).

This thread has some information. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=11123.0

Someone posted this drawing of the tall cone.

volcano tall_cone dimensions (resized).jpgvolcano tall_cone dimensions (resized).jpg

Looking at those dimensions, I still think this Parts Express lighted switch might work. It is labeled as 1/4 inch for the button and 0.366" for the mounting hole which looks like it will fit.

https://www.parts-express.com/spst-snap-in-mount-push-button-no-momentary-125vac-1a-switch-with-2vdc-red-led--060-665

I might try that for my arcade panel, if I ever get around to building it. These things are cooler than the typical standard arcade pushbutton switch that is used everywhere.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I got interested in those volcano switches (--nostalgia--) and poked around a bit.
There are different ones. Some are tall and some are short. Some are black and some are aluminum. Some are illuminated and some are not. Mostly they were for Start buttons (usually illuminated I believe) but also sometimes for Fire buttons (Missile Command).
This thread has some information. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=11123.0
Someone posted this drawing of the tall cone.
[quoted image]
Looking at those dimensions, I still think this Parts Express lighted switch might work. It is labeled as 1/4 inch for the button and 0.366" for the mounting hole which looks like it will fit.
https://www.parts-express.com/spst-snap-in-mount-push-button-no-momentary-125vac-1a-switch-with-2vdc-red-led--060-665
I might try that for my arcade panel, if I ever get around to building it. These things are cooler than the typical standard arcade pushbutton switch that is used everywhere.

Just ordered 2, so well see if you're correct. Blaming you if they dont work.

#2099 5 years ago

Anybody get a chance to play the Final fight cabinet . I like all of the games included there.

#2100 5 years ago

Nice mod:
Watch "‪Arcade1UP Raspberry Pi Install Tutorial - RetroPie in an Arcade1UP" on YouTube

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/42?hl=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.