• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 63.
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

... and my unmarried, childless sister. She badly wants the Centipede Arcade1Up.

She doesn't want a real arcade game from 40 years ago?

#2002 5 years ago

Yes.
But she'll settle for the 1UP if I add pizza grease and soda spills to the control panel- compliments of Sham's Club deli- and get my dog to use it like a fire hydrant for a week.

#2003 5 years ago

I’d like to make my own riser, one that looks like the arcade1up ones. I found the instructions online and some dimensions off reddit. The only measurement that I’m not sure on is how far the inner supports are from the outer edge, I assume 4 or 5 inches in should work well, just make sure that the top strips sit on top of the inner supports. Everything should be made from 1/2” material. I’d suggest melamine board with edge strips glued on, or cabinet quality plywood.

7D6F9B2B-A12C-4C24-89F0-21824AA312C2 (resized).jpeg7D6F9B2B-A12C-4C24-89F0-21824AA312C2 (resized).jpeg5B8104BC-0D5E-4D2A-9FE1-9F48DFE7C934 (resized).jpeg5B8104BC-0D5E-4D2A-9FE1-9F48DFE7C934 (resized).jpeg
#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If any of you guys have a Sham's Club membership, the Atari Flashback 9 is $9.99 in the clearance section in the back.

Checked mine over the weekend and no luck.

#2005 5 years ago

Have any of you seen the Arcade 1UPs show up at any closeout stores? I still see some marked down ones at places like Game Stop and FYE, and they don't seem like they are selling, but places like Khols removed the unsold ones from the sales floor. I have not seen any at Wal Mart lately.

#2006 5 years ago

There’s a store here called Treasure Chest, I believe they sell product returns from a couple major stores. The other day my buddy saw that they had a couple in store. Everything there is open box, sold as is, but the arcade1up cab were built and tested for $160.

There’s been lots in the second hand classified ads. Most are asking 3/4 retail price still. ~$300

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Have any of you seen the Arcade 1UPs show up at any closeout stores?

Marshalls and TJMax have them.

Those places are the last stop before the dumpster.

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Marshalls and TJMax have them.
Those places are the last stop before the dumpster.

I have checked every Marshalls and TJmaxx in a 50 mile radius and I have not seen any. I guess that I could always get the 12 in 1 online.

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I have checked every Marshalls and TJmaxx in a 50 mile radius and I have not seen any. I guess that I could always get the 12 in 1 online.

Have you seen any 12 in 1 online options that have reduced pricing?

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Have you seen any 12 in 1 online options that have reduced pricing?

A few days back, Best Buy had it for $280. That is the lowest I have seen it for online. Now it is back up to $399

#2011 5 years ago

When are the wall units going to be available?

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

She doesn't want a real arcade game from 40 years ago?

Get a Centipede Cabaret and add in a Millipede board for Multipede. You will be happy and can make a mint one for less then 1500 dollars. We play ours all the time.

#2013 5 years ago

I just picked up the 12 in 1 online with the riser for 280. That's like 240 for the 12 games without the riser, even less than the Black Friday sale at WalMart. I am pretty happy with the purchase, as the bonus games of Asteroids Deluxe , Gravitar, Liberator ,and QUANTUM are on there that are not on my centipede or asteroids cabinets I have. I cant wait for the MKII and Golden Tee cabinets to come out next, those will sell great. The mix of the cabaret A1Ups and pinball machines together looks quite stellar. A great value, multiple games , brand spanking new and a lot less than 1500 dollars. WiN WiN for me.

#2014 5 years ago

Been playing my 12 in 1 since Christmas now. The games are fine to me. The trackball is ok too. The spinner, could be better. I did weight the spinner and it helps a little. I would buy a better spinner if reasonably priced. A lit marquee would be cool too, but easy enough to do myself. I don't like that all the games don't keep high scores. Why not? Seems dumb that it doesn't. Overall, I'm happy w/it. Will be interesting what comes out in the future. Super curious about the dedicated Defender. Hope it comes out. Not a fan of all the fighting games.

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

When are the wall units going to be available?

No idea. I guess summer or Q3.

Quoted from modfather:

I cant wait for the MKII and Golden Tee cabinets to come out

Golden tee for Father’s Day; brilliant. MkII for the fall.

Quoted from pinkid:

Super curious about the dedicated Defender

The only dedicated defender game That I’ve seen in the CES videos, is a wall unit. But it looked good, and if they have the license they might build it into a full dedicated cab. I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

All I want is a Punch-Out / Super Punch-Out equivalent of the Street Fighter arcade.

That will never happen

The emulation lag is very bad for those 2 games

Just try to get past 4 fighters, I can easily do it on original hardware, but I have to think way ahead to execute each strike and dodge almost from memorization to get as far on an emulator...

Also, Nintendo won’t let it happen, they don’t like to share much when it comes to things like this

However, if it did happen and the emulation lag was figured out , I hope they would add arm wrestling in as well, and maybe the NES versions of punch out, Mike Tyson punch out and the super punch out from the super NES

#2017 5 years ago

I'm really hoping for a track and field, Tron, tapper, qbert. Dragons lair would be awesome. Any racing game like pole position, but not sure how they could do that with foot pedals. So many possibilities with these.

#2018 5 years ago

I’m calling it right now, this whole thing is going to end badly, with thousands of these shoddy toys available for pennies on the $ on Craigslist or even put out to the curb.

By next Xmas the whole 1Up product line will be extinct once the thin novelty of these games wears off on the “single mom” crowd and they become just another piece of unused junk taking up space in their living rooms.

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I’m calling it right now, this whole thing is going to end badly, with thousands of these shoddy toys available for pennies on the $ on Craigslist or even put out to the curb.
By next Xmas the whole 1Up product line will be extinct once the thin novelty of these games wears off on the “single mom” crowd and they become just another piece of unused junk taking up space in their living rooms.

I already put my guess in at 5 years. The reason thatI give them this long is because of the parent company that owns Arcade1up, already has several other successful toy brands; so I feel that they will invest in a multi year strategy from the get go.

Next Christmas will be huge. With mortal Kombat and final fight already announced for the fall and the expectation that more titles will be announced in June at E3, I doubt they’ll be “extinct” by Xmas.

#2020 5 years ago

My guess another 2-3 years. While fun collectibles, they'll take up a lot of space for the people who have to have them all and sales will slow down. My guess is in two years we'll start seeing them combine cabinets, if their license allows. Much like Centipede and Asteroids. But will be SFII, Final Fight, and Mortal Kombat, and something else, just to try and get as much out of them as they can and try to capture the people who've always wanted one, but just couldn't justify it for just a hand full of the same game on a cabinet. They'll go after the 60 in 1 crowd.

Either way, will be interesting to follow.

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's just like any other toy.

I bought my nieces each a $300 Barbie Cadillac Escalade for Christmas.

In a few years they will outgrow them, and then will throw them into the dumpster.

I won't shed a tear that it was money wasted, because they are having fun driving around the graveyard with them right now.
hqdefaadsfadsfult (resized).jpghqdefaadsfadsfult (resized).jpg

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just like any other toy.
I bought my nieces each a $300 Barbie Cadillac Escalade for Christmas.
In a few years they will outgrow them, and then will throw them into the dumpster.
I won't shed a tear that it was money wasted, because they are having fun with them right now.[quoted image]

Oh the humanity! You realize those don’t drive like a real Escalade don’t you. I’m headed to the Cadillac forums.

#2023 5 years ago

Geez, "end badly?"
For $300 you get a hint at the originals for awhile. That's about all most people want. It's hard to get worked up over obsolescence or declining "collectible"(?) value on anything $300.

They'll last as long as you live in the same house, and then get sold on CL or tossed with a third of your junk the next time you move.

#2024 5 years ago

I personally don't think it's "single moms" buying these. I think if you watch all the YouTube videos, you'll see it's guys that always wanted arcades in their house, but don't have the room or money original cabs demand. These guys are scratching an itch with these small affordable cabs. They won't be around forever, but I think mainly because once key titles are made and bought up, they will run out of "must have" titles. Just my thoughts on what I'm seeing.

#2025 5 years ago

I know a guy that got his wife a Pac-Man cab. She played that game as a kid and has been wanting a full pac man for years. She even tried to convince my friend to build her a full sized MAME for just Pac-Man.

This is the perfect solution for them. It’s cheap, she gets her Pac-Man fill and when it’s no longer being used he just plans to toss it. Less then 1/4 the investment to keep your wife happy. Sounds like a win win situation for him.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I know a guy that got his wife a Pac-Man cab. She played that game as a kid and has been wanting a full pac man for years. She even tried to convince my friend to build her a full sized MAME for just Pac-Man.
This is the perfect solution for them. It’s cheap, she gets her Pac-Man fill and when it’s no longer being used he just plans to toss it. Less then 1/4 the investment to keep your wife happy. Sounds like a win win situation for him.

Or when its no longer being used they can sell it, and it can keep another family happy. I am sure that someone would not mind having a second hand one, especially if they missed out on getting a certain title when they were in the stores.

#2027 5 years ago

Its funny how people think these are pieces of junk , disposable , putting it out with the trash when I move....etc. I just dont get it, they are made from 1/2 inch MDF wood, screwed together with internal bolts, long screws, slotted channels for wood panels to connect flush, many internal supports. They are plenty strong enough to support a light weight LCD screen and some button controls. Yet some people here feel compelled to throw them off a roof and compare them to a commercial cabinet made from 3/4 inch plywood that weighs 300 pounds and costs 5 times as much. I personally don't have that much disposable income to be throwing these things out. Why the same people come on this thread to bad mouth these games is beyond me. It is like going to the Metallica thread and try and convince everyone that ACDC is a better band. It gets old man, let it go already.

#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Shoddy? C'mon. They are not falling apart or catching on fire. Seriously doubt people are going to throw in the trash just because some paint wears off. If they end up selling for pennies on dollar I will certainly buy more and so will others. Look at all those shopping around for deals on series 1 games. I see a lot of interest in these games and this thread sees a lot of activity. Retro games are popular and nobody else is selling stuff like this. "Single moms" are still not going to build mame cabs or hunt down crust, old, heavy original games.

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Or when its no longer being used they can sell it, and it can keep another family happy. I am sure that someone would not mind having a second hand one, especially if they missed out on getting a certain title when they were in the stores.

He's not a "sell it off" kind of guy. In reality I bet it will get dropped off at goodwill before it gets tossed out. The point is that he doesn't think it's anything more then a toy to enjoy for a couple months. He's also in a higher tax bracket then I am. I plan to get a couple of these and keep them for a long time. Who knows maybe I'll end up buying buying it off him when they're done with it.

#2030 5 years ago

I bet the same guys bitching that these suck for $300, are the same ones who GOTTA HAVE Stern toppers for the same price.

For $300 I know which one I and my family would enjoy more. And contains more actual value in terms of parts and potential.

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Oh the humanity! You realize those don’t drive like a real Escalade don’t you. I’m headed to the Cadillac forums.

The big difference is when these were announced in Canada they were priced at I think $499. That's where a lot of hate comes from and comparisons to the real deal. When you hit the $500 range you are easily into "real" cab territory.

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I personally don't think it's "single moms" buying these.

If my wife buys one of these I can guarantee you that she will be a......“single mom”....!!!............Joey

#2033 5 years ago

Another update on customer service :

I got 2 new trackballs when asking for a replacement for a bad one. Still haven't installed , but one of them is bound to work

Got 2 out of 3 plastic protectors.

Put my service requests in right at the Christmas rush , but they appear to be satisfying all of my needs as far as support goes.

#2034 5 years ago

Also find it funny that people try to compare the build of these to Ikea in terms of durability. I have a dresser from Ikea that I've been using for 13 years now. Just looks and functions just as good as it did when it was new.

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Its funny how people think these are pieces of junk , disposable , putting it out with the trash when I move....etc. I just dont get it

They get tons of hate from guys insecure about their manhood.

"At $150, you are not that far away from buying an old Pac-Man for $800!" = my penis no longer works

"You can get a Multicade from CGC for $3200, why would anyone buy this junk?" = my wife wears athletic socks to bed.

"I looked at one of these and they are only made of 1/2" wood; my 350 pound Paper Boy game is 3/4" wood!" = I'm too scared to have them genetically tested, but none of my children look like me.

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I bet the same guys bitching that these suck for $300, are the same ones who GOTTA HAVE Stern toppers for the same price.
For $300 I know which one I and my family would enjoy more. And contains more actual value in terms of parts and potential.

Does this look like its worth $399.00 lol yea I would rather have a arcade 1up.

Deadpool.topper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgDeadpool.topper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

"At $150, you are not that far away from buying an old Pac-Man for $800!" = my penis no longer works

Also I bought my wife a ms pacman cause she wanted one and was her favorite game as a kid, carried that heavy thing out of some guys basement that smelled like cat piss (none was in the cabinet) but still smelled like piss for 6 months. She played it twice and now it just sits there. I didnt want to hack it up so thought of selling it and getting a street fighter and doing a rasberry pi for something to do and get my one kid interested in building something, he said he enjoyed assembling the 12 in 1 centipede.

#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That will never happen
The emulation lag is very bad for those 2 games
Just try to get past 4 fighters, I can easily do it on original hardware, but I have to think way ahead to execute each strike and dodge almost from memorization to get as far on an emulator...
Also, Nintendo won’t let it happen, they don’t like to share much when it comes to things like this
However, if it did happen and the emulation lag was figured out , I hope they would add arm wrestling in as well, and maybe the NES versions of punch out, Mike Tyson punch out and the super punch out from the super NES

That's weird, I had a Mame version of Punch Out running a couple of years ago on two monitors and loved it, have since played the real thing and haven't noticed that much of a difference (got past all the boxers once on the mame system).

#2039 5 years ago

What do you mean that I can't double my money in 20 years. I'm out!!!!

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

The big difference is when these were announced in Canada they were priced at I think $499. That's where a lot of hate comes from and comparisons to the real deal. When you hit the $500 range you are easily into "real" cab territory.

If you can get a real cab for $500 in Canada that is fit enough to go into the living room, get out of this thread and get some real games!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/arcade-games

#2041 5 years ago

Is this Arcade1up selling direct through Amazon?

What's weird is the 1-3 months shipment expectation, which could give them enough time to sell on-demand if they had to convert to that model.

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Player-Stick-Arcade-Machine/dp/B07G1Y6XJS/ref=mp_s_a_1_6

At any rate, $250 on SF2 seems more common online now.

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also find it funny that people try to compare the build of these to Ikea in terms of durability. I have a dresser from Ikea that I've been using for 13 years now. Just looks and functions just as good as it did when it was new.

I found the secret with IKEA type construction is to use wood glue on the joints before you cam tighten them in place, this just add a little bit of stability to their furniture. We have ikea stuff that’s easily 15 years old and looking/working great.

Quoted from iloveplywood:

That's weird, I had a Mame version of Punch Out running a couple of years ago on two monitors and loved it, have since played the real thing and haven't noticed that much of a difference (got past all the boxers once on the mame system).

I assume that you must have a pc with a fast clock speed of >3ghz. AFAIK MAME only uses one core to compute the emulation and anything less the 2.2ghz is to slow for most arcades. The NES version of Punch out is very difficult to emulate well because the tiniest bit of lag will make it unplayable. Even the NES Mini Classic doesn’t emulate punch out at 100%. I’ve seen numerous youtubers who normally can beat mike Tyson on a NES have trouble with the NES mini. The arcade version of punch out could play better then the nes version, but I’ve heard of problems with that game before.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

If my wife buys one of these I can guarantee you that she will be a......“single mom”....!!!............Joey

This sounds like a very fragile marriage

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They get tons of hate from guys insecure about their manhood.
"You can get a Multicade from CGC for $3200, why would anyone buy this junk?" = my wife wears athletic socks to bed.
"I looked at one of these and they are only made of 1/2" wood; my 350 pound Paper Boy game is 3/4" wood!" = I'm too scared to have them genetically tested, but none of my children look like me.

I upvoted you because that was hilarious!

...I'm more concerned about dear old mother earth and all these shitty cabs rotting in the ditches of america in a few months when the kids get bored with the simple games and the keeners go looking for the missing scanlines.

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...I'm more concerned about dear old Mother Earth and all these shitty cabs rotting in the ditches of america in a few months when the kids get bored with the simple games and the keeners go looking for the missing scanlines.

Here’s a thought, stay out of this thread so you don’t get so worked up over these evil Arcade1up cabs and maybe you’ll start to chill out.

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...I'm more concerned about dear old mother earth and all these shitty cabs rotting in the ditches of america in a few months when the kids get bored with the simple games and the keeners go looking for the missing scanlines.

Get a toy drive going.

Encourage people to donate them to children's burn centers or Salvation Army

Start a movement for Americans to have a Boxing Day

#2047 5 years ago

I'm visiting Florida and saw these in Walmart, and thought it was really cute. Then I played the one set up and the spinner was horrible. I think a better value is a rhodium covered beeswax filled buss fuse that goes in a high end audio equipment for $300, or maybe the duplex 20 amp AC outlet for similar pricing.... LOL

#2048 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you can get a real cab for $500 in Canada that is fit enough to go into the living room, get out of this thread and get some real games!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/arcade-games

I have no idea what gave you the impression I need (or have room for) any more games... Or that I'd put them in my living room for some reason lol? I have a game room like a normal nerd. You literally quoted what I said. There's no need to put your own narrative on it by adding things I didn't say. The people in this thread are hilariously salty towards anyone not gushing in their pants over these or offering even the slightest of hints as to why someone would consider something else.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I have no idea what gave you the impression I need (or have room for) any more games... Or that I'd put them in my living room for some reason

I was not **literally** telling you to buy more games.

I was politely shooing you out the door to threads where people want to talk about commercial arcade.

-

In THIS thread, we are talking about cheap toys.

A single mother buying this, does not want a real Pacman, even if it was the same price.

Quoted from vid1900:

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

The people in this thread are hilariously salty towards anyone not gushing in their pants over these or offering even the slightest of hints as to why someone would consider something else.

NO ONE needs to be told they could buy something else, lol .

You've got to admit, nothing could be dumber than to tell Pinheads that they could buy commercial gaming equipment - they kinda already know.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/41?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.