• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 63.
#1901 5 years ago

Old 100 lb laser printer or copy machines are treasure troves of great parts too

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Acrade1Up risers do not seem to be available in Europe as of yet atleast. I ordered a Ikea Lack table to put under the cabinet. Its 55x55x45 cm:s (lxwxh). There must be a suitable table somewhere to hold more cabinets as well.
[quoted image]

Be careful with this. I have one that I keep a pachinko machine on. I'm not sure I would consider it stable enough for an Arcade1Up, but you can see for yourself.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Changing gears, I am really not a cocktail cabinet guy, but I would be all in for a 4-player Warlords cocktail.
How sweet would that be?!
[quoted image]

Restoring one now we got for free with helping him get rid of 2 pinball games. It was mint. So the restore is just new glass and CPO's. LORDS!!!! We had to help him get rid of these 2 pinball games. We just had to. Such a hassle to take to the curb.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Be careful with this. I have one that I keep a pachinko machine on. I'm not sure I would consider it stable enough for an Arcade1Up, but you can see for yourself.

Yeah those aren't the most solid thing in the world. I think they are made of corrugated cardboard. You can always skip the whole 1UP and just use the Lack table

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-ikea-arcade-table-make-yourself/

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I was planning to convert my Asteroids cab, but when I ask my daughter what she wants to watch me play, she says, "the spider web game!", referring to Tempest.
Also, the pod in Lunar Lander is an ice cream cone.
I may have to keep it as is, but I sure could use a better spinner.

Buy the original Vector games as is. If you want a smaller foot print buy the cabarets. I have a cabaret Deluxe Asteroids with Asteroids, Lunar Lander multiboard. A cabby Battlezone and Tempest. They are amazing and an Arcade1up just cannot do anything close to original. Battlezone and Tempest in the cabby original form is such a fantastic game. emulation can't do it.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This entire thread is sacreligiuos; I'm heading back to KLOV...
I get it, you guys like that these are novel, shrunken semi-accurate representations of the real thing; but they aren't....Playing street fighter on a control panel that has barely enough room for one player to comfortably play, let alone two; on a cabinet that rocks back and forth when you throw fireballs is BS...And LCD's in an Arcade cab are poop, period.

What's up with the LCD? Isn't it just another LCD panel?

#1907 5 years ago

If you want a vector arcade game toy that wont take up a bunch of room, get a Vectrex

c8e1a90e-c8f2-45f0-a761-36f6847c5074 (resized).jpgc8e1a90e-c8f2-45f0-a761-36f6847c5074 (resized).jpg
#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want a vector arcade game toy that wont take up a bunch of room, get a Vectrex[quoted image]

But can SINGLE MOMS figure out the power cord?

Seriously, what is with people's single moms obsession?

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seriously, what is with people's single moms obsession?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like pinball, you can run it as a regular Galaga Assault (it has 70 waves), or you can run it as a ticket redemption.
It's really huge in person, so when you get to the higher waves, you attract quite an audience.
If you have ever serviced one, you'll see that the whole monstrosity runs on a tiny Dell Inspiron computer[quoted image][quoted image]

I know. I was just busting balls. I love that game, play it every time at D&B when I take my kid there...It’s fun as hell

#1911 5 years ago

Vectrex looks better than the real arcade game on some titles, said the SMILF.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Ahh..OK, saw "rheostat" being mentioned in 1UP talk...

The only Video game I know of that used a "Rheostat" (actually a 360 degree potentiometer) for a spinner was Midway's Omega Race.

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Give me the simplicity of just turning it on, and playing with a **real** 2600 joystick....

You mean where the rubber boot is coming off all the time... and the tactile feel is completely blown out in half the directions?

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want a vector arcade game toy that wont take up a bunch of room, get a Vectrex[quoted image]

Still have one in the box, and about 95% of the games still mint in boxes. One of my favorite video game systems of all time.

#1915 5 years ago

I’ve been following the sales of these used on kijiji (like Craigslist) around me.

New in store in Canada, we only saw them in Walmart for $399cdn +13% tax. I didn’t see any get marked down in store.

Used sales in the classified adds are currently going for $310 - $360, and it looks like they’re selling. There are not many adds that last more then a couple weeks before they’re taken down. So I assume they are selling and not just sitting on the market.

I don’t think these will drop below $250-$300 for quite a while.

#1916 5 years ago

I have an atari throwback console. I think its the "gold" edition. If any one wants it and has something to trade, PM me.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Buy the original Vector games as is. If you want a smaller foot print buy the cabarets. I have a cabaret Deluxe Asteroids with Asteroids, Lunar Lander multiboard. A cabby Battlezone and Tempest. They are amazing and an Arcade1up just cannot do anything close to original. Battlezone and Tempest in the cabby original form is such a fantastic game. emulation can't do it.

Where can I buy these you speak of ?

#1918 5 years ago

I have always wanted a cabaret game due to the small footprint, but was always picky on what the game was. Never was able to find just the right one. Of course, I have a friend who lives a few miles away, and he has quite the collection of cabaret games. They look & play great.

#1919 5 years ago

Looks like FYE has their cabs marked down to $250 with free shipping. Their stock includes SF2 and Rampage, which I don't think I've seen as cheap for online ordering.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Sounds great... I'd buy them as well. Where? If they have original Black Widow game I'd like one of those as well. I used to play the heck out of that one on location back in the early 1980s... as well as an original Quantum that I used to play on location as well.

Where do you buy these? If its not a big treasure hunt over several years / decades I'm interested. If it is, then arcade1up is fine with me for my fix. I'm not paying $300 for hopefully working Quantum boards and then still have to get the rest of the cabinet / monitor to build the darn thing.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

They have not made them in 40 years

bt2-006 (resized).JPGbt2-006 (resized).JPG
#1922 5 years ago

This is what I remember when I think of Battle Zone. Fun game back in the day!

Battle zone (resized).pngBattle zone (resized).png
#1923 5 years ago

Vectrex was the best. I used to play it for hours at Sears. My family would take the car to get new tires at Sears Auto and I’d just sit there playing Vectrex.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Sounds great... I'd buy them as well. Where? If they have original Black Widow game I'd like one of those as well. I used to play the heck out of that one on location back in the early 1980s... as well as an original Quantum that I used to play on location as well.
Where do you buy these? If its not a big treasure hunt over several years / decades I'm interested. If it is, then arcade1up is fine with me for my fix. I'm not paying $300 for hopefully working Quantum boards and then still have to get the rest of the cabinet / monitor to build the darn thing.

Anytime Ive seen anything original Quantum its a hell of a lot more than that. An empty cabinet with no boards in mediocre shape went for 3 grand at an arcade auction last year.
Black Widow not much less. Its nuts.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Anytime Ive seen anything original Quantum its a hell of a lot more than that. An empty cabinet with no boards in mediocre shape went for 3 grand at an arcade auction last year.
Black Widow not much less. Its nuts.

I still have an original Red Baron upright. It seems to one of the forgotten vector games. I wonder what that would bring. It is in good shape and working.

#1926 5 years ago

Fairly accurate arcade game pricing is online at Exidy Arcade Price Guide... Has stand up Red Baron 1000-1800. The cockpit version at 2500. These are mint condition prices I believe.

#1927 5 years ago

Space Duel was probably my fave of the Atari vector games.

This guy plays like a boss:

#1928 5 years ago

Here's Arcade1Up with Ikea Lack -table. Seems to work ok.

Lack2 (resized).JPGLack2 (resized).JPG
#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That guy was probably the coolest kid in the arcade.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Fairly accurate arcade game pricing is online at Exidy Arcade Price Guide... Has stand up Red Baron 1000-1800. The cockpit version at 2500. These are mint condition prices I believe.

Jon's guide is a good starting point but tends to run a little behind. A really nice upright Baron would get you $2000 or more. Mine's a keeper.

20170819_201940 (resized).jpg20170819_201940 (resized).jpg
#1931 5 years ago

Red Barron is awesome, a sit down used to be in the Arcade when I was growing up. Played it again at Arcade Expo 3.0 in banning.

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

You have got to get into the Video game forum's, meet local collectors and work it. They are out there but you have to get on it.

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I always liked how it had that extra speaker below the control panel that along with the very low frequency explosion sounds it made let you feel the explosions in the game in your hands.

#1934 5 years ago

A Battlezone/Red Baron combo would be great. Star Castle, Armor Attack, and Omega Race are more vector graphic faves.

#1935 5 years ago

Yeah Omega race was a great game my childhood arcade had a sit down version too also pole position sit down.

#1936 5 years ago

I have a 12 in 1 and Im definitely going to mod it to play Omega Race, and any other non joystick, spinner game I can think of.

#1937 5 years ago

Was looking into converting mine to a Retro Pie, and man, to do it right, it's going to be expensive. I was thinking like $30 + the cost of the Pi, which I already have. Looks to me more along the lines of $70-$100 + the Pi.

#1938 5 years ago

A lot of guys are using Odroid XU4 instead of a Pi

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Well that's no help. $80 vs. already have. I said cheaper, not more expensive. Sheesh.

Kinda hoping that since there's not been a major update to the Pi recently, they're planning something big. Been waiting for the Pi4 before I build any more.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well that's no help. $80 vs. already have. I said cheaper, not more expensive. Sheesh.

Yeah, but it has much more performance.

Stuff that stutters on the Pi, smoothly renders on the Odroid

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Was looking into converting mine to a Retro Pie, and man, to do it right, it's going to be expensive. I was thinking like $30 + the cost of the Pi, which I already have. Looks to me more along the lines of $70-$100 + the Pi.

What are you finding that costs that much? Assuming you have the RPi, SD card and psu, and use stock controls, minimally you'd only need the LCD driver board (about $35) and 2 usb encoders ($20 for the pair). So maybe $55 extra beyond what you've got on hand?

The existing wiring for the stock controls can plug right into the cheapo usb encoders. The LCD driver board has an onboard speaker amp and comes with wires/connector that are easy to adapt to the stock speaker. Then you just control volume from within the emulation station settings.

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Any vids you've found on this, Vid? I'd need something like that to do it right.

There are some great ones out there on SF arcade1up Pi conversion. I could follow those but know nothing abut Odroid.

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

What are you finding that costs that much? Assuming you have the RPi, SD card and psu, and use stock controls, minimally you'd only need the LCD driver board (about $35) and 2 usb encoders ($20 for the pair). So maybe $55 extra beyond what you've got on hand?
The existing wiring for the stock controls can plug right into the cheapo usb encoders. The LCD driver board has an onboard speaker amp and comes with wires/connector that are easy to adapt to the stock speaker. Then you just control volume from within the emulation station settings.

I was looking at the cheapest replace everything plan (to do it right). better buttons, joysticks, amp, with stereo speakers.

#1944 5 years ago

Just in case anyone didn't see this Tweet today:
1 up tweet JPG (resized).jpg1 up tweet JPG (resized).jpg

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just in case anyone didn't see this Tweet today:
[quoted image]

It is a great option! But as vid mentioned, you’ll want to hit a stud so it will hold up.

492CCD09-FA55-4698-8E26-0AB918691623 (resized).jpeg492CCD09-FA55-4698-8E26-0AB918691623 (resized).jpegA764AA6E-C38C-4C81-870E-E88FFFC075B8 (resized).jpegA764AA6E-C38C-4C81-870E-E88FFFC075B8 (resized).jpegBD65410C-EAF7-44FB-941B-39982549DD07 (resized).jpegBD65410C-EAF7-44FB-941B-39982549DD07 (resized).jpegC9FD33EE-EEF7-4433-98BE-28644D2C4158 (resized).jpegC9FD33EE-EEF7-4433-98BE-28644D2C4158 (resized).jpeg
#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you’ll want to hit a stud so it will hold up.

Or use these bad boys... Lowes and Home Depot have them.

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is a great option! But as vid mentioned, you’ll want to hit a stud so it will hold up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from jasonp:

Or use these bad boys... Lowes and Home Depot have them.

Yes, I'm aware of some need to have a way to mount these, but I was trying to get the announcement out there.

#1948 5 years ago

Any word on pricing on the wall mounted games? I’ve got a perfect spot near my shuffleboard table that I can hang one or two, but I wouldn’t have the room for people to walk through if they were the floor models.

#1949 5 years ago

My local Wallyworld is now clearing out risers for ~$21.

#1950 5 years ago

Doing more research on converting to a retro pie, I'm sure I'll need to drill a hole for one more button, and while it seems everyone is selling standard size ones, it made me think that I want to go all nostalgia.

How do I go about finding those little red buttons? The ones that it seemed the early 80s machines had for the player select. They were smaller red buttons with a steep black base that made it look like a little volcano . This is coming from my 6 y/o-self memory.

Would love to add those for the select/coin button.

Well no s#it! I guess they are simply called volcano switches. I was searching everything except for that, then figured I'd give it a shot.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/39?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.