• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 63.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone that buys the cocktail machine(s). Please go buy a piece of tempered glass for the top, you will thank yourself for doing it

Should run you about 60.00 at a glass shop or this place has a good price, if the dimensions are the same.

https://www.hollandcomputers.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=8147&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpRA-COCKTAIL-GL-4&sc_intid=RA-COCKTAIL-GL-4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgLi8yqnm3wIVAxBpCh2j1QrfEAQYASABEgIBxfD_BwE

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Every country had different licensing deals for video games back then.
Look how long it took Arcade1Up to get SI for the Americas, when the rest of the world already had it.

Yes true, but that was the only one I wanted and of course it's the one that they can't get the licensing worked out, and now with wave 2 machines coming out probably never see the Galaga one here.

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They should make some of the Konami 4-player games (TMNT, Simpsons and the criminally overlooked Sunset Riders) into 2 player cabinets where you can link them for 4 player.
Like Cadash!

That's fucking brilliant right there.

#1554 5 years ago

Make a Bubble Bobble cab and I'm buying for my wife.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

one of the few arcade cabs i regret selling

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd buy it in a second.

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I have a PCB for it, but not a spare cab to really use it in, too many other higher priority games that get used running.

#1558 5 years ago

I can't quite figure out the arcade1up mechanism for holding the plexi in place on the cocktails. Looking at pics, are those 4 thumb screws? Do they stick out above the plexi? Don't standard cocktail cabs use some kind of edge bracket/clips? Maybe if converting to glass you'd be able to convert to edge clips, but I would think getting glass to the exact specs with screw holes might end up being more complicated and costly.

Edit: there are pics in this post with a side view of the SF2 cocktail cab. It appears to me that it does have raised thumb screws:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/31#post-4777967

#1559 5 years ago

I see a mistake on that SF2 cocktail. On the tabletop artwork, the red box that says "play as a boss" is cut off. Hopefully that's fixed before release.

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

On the tabletop artwork, the red box that says "play as a boss" is cut off.

On the production version you can play like a boss

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:Don't standard cocktail cabs use some kind of edge bracket/clips? Maybe if converting to glass you'd be able to convert to edge clips

Should be easy to convert

IMAG0357 (resized).jpgIMAG0357 (resized).jpgIMAG0358 (resized).jpgIMAG0358 (resized).jpg
#1562 5 years ago

It's just a toy.

I'm not sure I'd spend 1/2 of it's retail price buying a piece of glass for it.

#1563 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just a toy.
I'm not sure I'd spend 1/2 of it's retail price buying a piece of glass for it.

I hear you, but if it's is just plexiglass it will be scratched up in no time, Maybe they used lexan, it would be a lot more scratch resistant. Anyway, the idea was brought up, so I just wanted to give people a idea of what it would cost to use glass.

#1564 5 years ago

Maybe if some aftermarket seller runs the glass in bulk, it could bring the price down.

#1565 5 years ago

Aurich, saw this at Portland Retro Gaming Expo last fall.

IMG_20181019_135007 (resized).jpgIMG_20181019_135007 (resized).jpg
#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe if some aftermarket seller runs the glass in bulk, it could bring the price down.

What jacks up the price is the tempering, it about doubles the price. The polished edges don't help either. Of course if you can get lucky like I did, I got about a 100.00 invested total in the cocktail cabinet in my post. Got the empty table with glass for 50.00 and got all the controls for another 50.00 off ebay, had the old CPU laying around.

#1567 5 years ago

So, I added the Spintrak spinner from Ultimarc. The installation is janky because the hole is too big so it’s not too secure at the moment but it feels amazing! I used the big flywheel. I will need to locate or fashion an adapter at some point.

I did the USB mod which is required as this spinner is WAY too sensitive. I was able to enter the MAME settings and compensate by dialing down the sensitivity setting which I had to reduce to the lowest setting. Tempest plays like a dream with this spinner. HOWEVER....

Contrary to what was reported elsewhere, my settings are NOT retained if I exit the game and select it later, let alone if I turn the machine off.

Anyone know of a fix for this issue? If not, I’ll have to do the optical disc mod, which looks like a real pain.

52DAEA91-E372-4ED3-9A41-BDB7A404F4FD (resized).jpeg52DAEA91-E372-4ED3-9A41-BDB7A404F4FD (resized).jpeg
#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Anyone know of a fix for this issue? If not, I’ll have to do the optical disc mod, which looks like a real pain.

I have not researched this at all but I'd imagine you would have to edit the .ini file?

https://pastebin.com/pbvqH1ay

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They should make some of the Konami 4-player games (TMNT, Simpsons and the criminally overlooked Sunset Riders) into 2 player cabinets where you can link them for 4 player.
Like Cadash!

The only problem with this, would be how do decide if the game is co-op or vs. I’d like to have a selector switch on the pass through cable switching between one cab having player 1+2 the other with 3+4, or one cab having 1+3 the other 2+4. It would suck not having the choice available.

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, I added the Spintrak spinner from Ultimarc. The installation is janky because the hole is too big so it’s not too secure at the moment but it feels amazing! I used the big flywheel. I will need to locate or fashion an adapter at some point.
I did the USB mod which is required as this spinner is WAY too sensitive. I was able to enter the MAME settings and compensate by dialing down the sensitivity setting which I had to reduce to the lowest setting. Tempest plays like a dream with this spinner. HOWEVER....
Contrary to what was reported elsewhere, my settings are NOT retained if I exit the game and select it later, let alone if I turn the machine off.
[quoted image]

In my experience with Mame... go to the menu and set your settings... make sure they are what you want by playing the game, go back to the settings and then load a different game from the settings menu... doing this saves the settings to the games personal ini file.

Doing a hard exit from a game usually does not save the games settings with mame.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Aurich, saw this at Portland Retro Gaming Expo last fall.
[quoted image]

On my !!! Those buttons and joystick placement is oh so crazy

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I hear you, but if it's is just plexiglass it will be scratched up in no time, Maybe they used lexan, it would be a lot more scratch resistant. Anyway, the idea was brought up, so I just wanted to give people a idea of what it would cost to use glass.

I sell Lexan professionally , and always need to tell customers not to ever wipe it with a dry rag, always spray glass cleaner on the lexan or the rag first before cleaning it.

I think PETG is possibly the best plastic for scratch resistance , but cracks easily.

Plexi is fair, cracks easily and yellows over time

Lexan; polycarbonate; will not yellow or crack, but can be cut and drilled like wood, but scratches and hazes from micro scratches easily.

#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Just flame polish it every year.

...might want to take it out in the yard first.

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Just flame polish it every year.
...might want to take it out in the yard first.

And off the cab too

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Interesting, didn’t realize there was a dedicated cab option for it. I always just had the MVS version. My 4-slot rotates most games through but always has puzzle bobble (aka bust a move) loaded.

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Interesting, didn’t realize there was a dedicated cab option for it. I always just had the MVS version. My 4-slot rotates most games through but always has puzzle bobble (aka bust a move) loaded.

Not talking Puzzle Bobble, Bubble Bobble predates Neo Geo by years.

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not talking Puzzle Bobble, Bubble Bobble predates Neo Geo by years.

And if I recall, Bubble Bobble was only sold as a kit through Romstar in the U.S.

#1578 5 years ago

I have a cnc machine, so I figured I'd take a stab at making my own control panel protector for SF2. It would be easy to make a completely new control panel, too. Heck, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to make a complete cab using my SF2 as a model, but it's so much easier and probably cheaper buying the pre-made cabinets from arcade1up.

sf2 cp protector (resized).PNGsf2 cp protector (resized).PNG
#1579 5 years ago

I have a cnc machine, so I figured I'd take a stab at making my own control panel protector for SF2. It would be easy to make a completely new control panel, too. Heck, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to make a complete cab using my SF2 as a model, but it's so much easier and probably cheaper buying the pre-made cabinets from arcade1up.
[quoted image]

Isn't it easier to just clear coat it??

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

In my experience with Mame... go to the menu and set your settings... make sure they are what you want by playing the game, go back to the settings and then load a different game from the settings menu... doing this saves the settings to the games personal ini file.
Doing a hard exit from a game usually does not save the games settings with mame.

Well, that almost worked. If I loaded another game and later reloaded Tempest from the MAME menu, it would keep the settings. However, if I exited to the Arcade 1up menu and reloaded Tempest, it reverted to the stock settings.

Bummer.

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Well, that almost worked. If I loaded another game and later reloaded Tempest from the MAME menu, it would keep the settings. However, if I exited to the Arcade 1up menu and reloaded Tempest, it reverted to the stock settings.
Bummer.

Look up the hot keys for saving settings in mame, I believe they exist, maybe that could be the trick

Or maybe there’s a hot key for rebuilding or saving the nvram with a hard key press??

#1582 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Good work! Wonder if yours will fit nicer. They left way too big a hole at the joysticks.

Looking over arcade 1ups games at ces. Their clear protector and control panels alignment was really hit or miss :/ so I wonder if their control panel cuts are off.

#1583 5 years ago

Laminating the control panel before use is the best option.. should have been a factory install

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Good work! Wonder if yours will fit nicer. They left way too big a hole at the joysticks.
Looking over arcade 1ups games at ces. Their clear protector and control panels alignment was really hit or miss :/ so I wonder if their control panel cuts are off.

I've been measuring to make it fit my control panel panel as close as possible. Some buttons are slightly skewed left or right a tad, so I guess there were loose tolerances in their manufacturing process, meaning they had to create a protector that would account for all the slop.

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Isn't it easier to just clear coat it??

I would prefer not to mess with clear coating. There was a YouTube video of someone recommending how to spray it, and he was saying how well it turned out. It looked pretty bad to me.

#1586 5 years ago

I've been measuring to make it fit my control panel panel as close as possible. Some buttons are slightly skewed left or right a tad, so I guess there were loose tolerances in their manufacturing process, meaning they had to create a protector that would account for all the slop.

Ya, almost seems like you have to make it on an individual basis :/ if they had designed it from the start, the. The plexi could of been the top so not loose holes.

Maybe a better option is thin pteg then the clear top could be a tight fit and no holes around buttons/joystick?

#1587 5 years ago

I clear coated my control panel, but I *think* I know what I'm doing, so it came out great.

#1588 5 years ago

There was a YouTube video of someone recommending how to spray it, and he was saying how well it turned out

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I clear coated my control panel, but I *think* I know what I'm doing, so it came out great.

Ya, I trust my abilities more then most youtubers.

#1589 5 years ago

2019 CES interview with dave Macintosh from tastemakers (aka. arcade 1up)

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Look up the hot keys for saving settings in mame, I believe they exist, maybe that could be the trick
Or maybe there’s a hot key for rebuilding or saving the nvram with a hard key press??

I dug through the MAME menu but couldn’t find a command for “save settings”. I did find a command for “save state”, but I think that has to do with saving game progress.

Anyone know of where I can find a good MAME resource?

#1591 5 years ago

Further MAME observations.

It seems that some of the menu settings are saved. If I go into “Input (general)” and make changes, those will be saved. But changes to dip switches, slider controls, analog controls are all lost.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So, I added the Spintrak spinner from Ultimarc.
[quoted image]

Is it the non-usb Spintrak spinner? I assume so but making sure.

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is it the non-usb Spintrak spinner? I assume so but making sure.

Yes

I’m kinda surprised that I seem to be the only one beating this drum. Maybe everyone else is just waiting for the Arcade 1up upgrade version.

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Yes
I’m kinda surprised that I seem to be the only one beating this drum. Maybe everyone else is just waiting for the Arcade 1up upgrade version.

I’m kind of thinking I will go with that spinner too but if I have to replace the spinner as well as the track ball, I’m probably just going to wait and see what the upgraded one is like or build my own cabinet.

#1595 5 years ago

How are you guys liking these cabs? I'm considering collecting most of them to make a little garage arcade. I'm torn between getting real cabs, but the price, multiple games and size are very tempting. Thoughts on getting these vs spend much more on dedicated cabs?

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How are you guys liking these cabs? I'm considering collecting most of them to make a little garage arcade. I'm torn between getting real cabs, but the price, multiple games and size are very tempting. Thoughts on getting these vs spend much more on dedicated cabs?

I’m loving my Centipede one. The side graphics look great. While the size is smaller than a real cab even with the riser, you completely forget you’re not playing an original when you play it. It feels authentic, and the controls work well. Definitely a good buy for the money, even if you can’t find one on sale.

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m loving my Centipede one. The side graphics look great. While the size is smaller than a real cab even with the riser, you completely forget you’re not playing an original when you play it. It feels authentic, and the controls work well. Definitely a good buy for the money, even if you can’t find one on sale.

Thanks for the input.

Hilarious . Sorry some of us don't want to waste time screening 30+ pages looking for opinions. Easier just to ask and save time sometimes. Thanks again for your help.

#1600 5 years ago

Regarding the upcoming cabinets, I wish they would put Burger Time within a cabinet with additional late 70s/early 80s games rather than mid to late 1980s

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/32?hl=shadowflame76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.