• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 63.
#1501 5 years ago

Third strike is probably my favorite sf so fingers crossed.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If they can get Alpha 3, or 2 Gold with some 3rd Strike instead of just III, then I might have to sell off my Big Blue to complete the growing wall of them

Sacrilege! But yeah, get some Third Strike on there damn. And make it CvS2. It's almost a really cool list, just some weird choices. Like Alpha 1 over 3? New Generation??

#1503 5 years ago

What type of ball are they putting in the currently released 12 game centepedes?

#1504 5 years ago

Alpha 2 is probably my favorite of that series (though there some good home versions of 3 with extras). The non third strike sf3s are not good though.

#1505 5 years ago

Extra pics requested

Hangers seems like they just hold the top. But the cab won’t slide left or right.

Cocktail

Special risers for certain games.

I tried the track ball again. Ya it feels good. I haven’t tried their first one though....

0025754D-D83E-49A6-B403-F5F979D80437 (resized).jpeg0025754D-D83E-49A6-B403-F5F979D80437 (resized).jpeg49789C00-80A8-4B41-9401-DC783F585E63 (resized).jpeg49789C00-80A8-4B41-9401-DC783F585E63 (resized).jpeg5CE762DE-45BC-4A72-B654-38A3AB6029FD (resized).jpeg5CE762DE-45BC-4A72-B654-38A3AB6029FD (resized).jpeg6315BA69-E519-47AA-A50C-B56FAD483D94 (resized).jpeg6315BA69-E519-47AA-A50C-B56FAD483D94 (resized).jpegA770C68E-9855-4EA9-B9C8-88CDB338DBAE (resized).jpegA770C68E-9855-4EA9-B9C8-88CDB338DBAE (resized).jpegB878D71C-79BD-4B3B-BAFF-A11816182BC4 (resized).jpegB878D71C-79BD-4B3B-BAFF-A11816182BC4 (resized).jpegD6E37BAB-380E-4760-B6FF-04489EA8850E (resized).jpegD6E37BAB-380E-4760-B6FF-04489EA8850E (resized).jpegD74A00EB-A2BC-409D-96A2-F9D978161E77 (resized).jpegD74A00EB-A2BC-409D-96A2-F9D978161E77 (resized).jpegDAEAA3EC-D920-400A-BE3D-AFD482DAF830 (resized).jpegDAEAA3EC-D920-400A-BE3D-AFD482DAF830 (resized).jpegDD31EF4E-71E9-4E31-BD47-B559819023C0 (resized).jpegDD31EF4E-71E9-4E31-BD47-B559819023C0 (resized).jpegFFC80C59-0715-4F45-9BE8-F87B2CFFEAA4 (resized).jpegFFC80C59-0715-4F45-9BE8-F87B2CFFEAA4 (resized).jpeg
#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

What type of ball are they putting in the currently released 12 game centepedes?

Generic, no bearings on the rollers Chinese trackball. It works fairly well, but it's no happ.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Generic, no bearings on the rollers Chinese trackball. It works fairly well, but it's no happ.

Thanks! And bummer, oh well. Centepede was one of the first games I ever bought, don’t know if I would be happy with a non bearing ball.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Thanks! And bummer, oh well. Centepede was one of the first games I ever bought, don’t know if I would be happy with a non bearing ball.

It might be an easy mod to improve the gameplay

#1509 5 years ago

Table tops look cool, plastic is already swirled to hell on cocktails huh... Glass would probably have been s better idea..

#1510 5 years ago

Good idea or bad idea: I have a really awesome multicade with everything on it, 4 player, looks like an old Nintendo. However, it's pretty complicated to get to what game you want (for my 6 year old and other kids).

I have two pinball rooms - my main room with a projector, 6 pins, back TV, bar, etc...and the multicade. Then another room where I am going for a super hero Stern them (its the size of a bedroom, potential for 5 pins). I'm thinking about buying 5 of these and putting them in the Stern room as semi-decorations/games for the kids. I think they look awesome, just not sure if I should replicate games I already have on the multicade. But at like $150-200 a pop, might be worth it.

Thoughts?

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Table tops look cool, plastic is already swirled to hell on cocktails huh... Glass would probably have been s better idea..

They must be prototypes since there is no info about them on their site and no pricing info. Hopefully they re-evauate plastic tops.

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They must be prototypes since there is no info about them on their site and no pricing info. Hopefully they re-evauate plastic tops.

Ya most their stuff was “not done” and awaiting approval etc. even the PONG bar top was a prototype unit at the show. Had USB ports and they are removing those for retail.

Playing MK just reminded me how bad I am at the old games I used to enjoy...lol I didn’t even remember 1 move for reptile

#1513 5 years ago

Reptile speshul moves:

Acid Spit: Forward + Forward + High Punch
Force ball: Back + Back + Back + High And Low Punch
Slide: Back + Back + High and Low Kick
Invisibility: Hold Block, Up + Up + Down + High Punch (release Block)

Finishers:
Tounge Lash: Back + Back + Down + Low Punch (fullscreen)
Invisi-Slice: Forward + Forward + Down + High Kick (while invisible)
Stage Fatality: Down + Forward + Forward + Block (while close)
Friendship: Back + Back + Down + Low Kick
Babality: Down + Back + Back + Low Kick

Just in case you want to practice tomorrow P-Money!

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:I stand correct it was a Norwegian advert
[quoted image]
I just noticed they were pretty lazy photoshopping the same screen shot on both cabinet renders
They also misspelled their own hash tag #tatsemakers , lol
[quoted image]

I cant find the video, might be getting blocked here at work from the twittah

Swedish.....

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sacrilege! But yeah, get some Third Strike on there damn. And make it CvS2. It's almost a really cool list, just some weird choices. Like Alpha 1 over 3? New Generation??

Or... since they’re using emulation anyway... buy a real fighting cab; candy or big blue or dynamo, put together an emulation computer and have every fighting game and side scroller from every company . Yes, these arcade 1 ups are neat , I own 2 of them. I could spend the same or less $ and have it full size with what ever hardware I want to use...

Look at those cocktail machines... the plexi is already scratched and getting worse... and they will take up the space of 2 pins... that’s right... put chairs on either side of them and that’s a lot of space!

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

put chairs on either side of them and that’s a lot of space!

Maybe, if you have said space to spare...

What happens if you already have a row of 5 pins in let’s say...a 12’X12’ room and you can’t possibly put two more pins in the room? One more surely could go lengthwise but two back to back would pretty much cramp the doorway.
Wouldn’t you rather have five or six A1UPs at $100-$150 a pop along the opposite wall with dedicated specific game button layouts so MORE people can be playing different games all at once?

Having a single two player BB/Candy/Dynamo cab modified with a dizzying amount of games to endlessly scroll through, that may or may not play/sound like their original counterparts is so 2008 thinking.

Also saying you can buy original equipment for the same price or less is just silly. Maybe if you were paying the MSRP of the Deluxe Editions or something, but I highly doubt you’re scoring complete bb/candy/dynamo cabs on the reg for $100-$150.

Even though you own two, I think you’re still missing the point and purpose of why all these A1UPs are so attractive for a lot of different people.

They are literally TINY; weigh next to nothing.
Cheap to run, simple to use and are very low maintenance.
Fun to play? Yep, that too.
Shuffling the uprights around is literally a breeze.
Moving my aging 30 year old big blue around isn’t.
Even with carpet sliders.
(It has lightly scratched plexi as well.)

Also,
If you feel like modding it with any modern arcade hardware spec, the A1Up can handle that no problemo.
Most folks with the SFII cab have already done that and dim sum.

Talking about losing space because of it’s “size” is just silly.
If anything, I was able to cram MORE gaming into my humble arcade because of the Arcade 1Up!

Thanks A1Up!

#1517 5 years ago

I assembled my 12-in-1 with my 10 year old which FYI is a nice bonding activity. Anyway he was very excited and is begging me to keep it in his room. But most interesting is that his favorite game is Lunar Lander! About as far from Fortnite as you can get! It seems to be a Zen activity for him.

Who knew?!

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I assembled my 12-in-1 with my 10 year old which FYI is a nice bonding activity. Anyway he was very excited and is begging me to keep it in his room. But most interesting is that his favorite game is Lunar Lander! About as far from Fortnite as you can get! It seems to be a Zen activity for him.
Who knew?!

It’s amazing how many people get sucked into lunar lander. My buddy say me playing and was like “oh, what’s this?” And then he’s there for 30 min trying to hit that landing pad.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Having a single two player BB/Candy/Dynamo cab modified with a dizzying amount of games to endlessly scroll through, that may or may not play/sound like their original counterparts is so 2008 thinking.

You lose me a bit here. There are emulation issues on a1up. "Season 1 machines" are using a MAME build from 2010 ( 0.139u1 ). I think his overarching point was that a 2 player head to head fighting game cocktail takes up more floor space than a stand up cab like a dynamo, and he is correct.

#1520 5 years ago

I always liked playing on those JPN style fighter cabinets where each player had their own screen. I’m not sold on the cocktail idea for head to head fighters but something smaller than the big boys would be cool. Think how the board game Battleship is set up.

#1521 5 years ago

Lunar Lander's always been one of my favorites from those era of games. Would much rather play that then the anxiety inducing Asteroids. The game just feels "authentic."

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

But most interesting is that his favorite game is Lunar Lander! About as far from Fortnite as you can get! It seems to be a Zen activity for him.

Who knew?!

Man is that game slow, they need a fast version like ms pacman, because I keep turning the ship face down and full boost right into the crater

#1523 5 years ago

2 questions:

- does anyone know if there is a MAME setting fix for the audio lag?

- any practical solutions to improve to poor viewing angle of the LCD?

#1524 5 years ago

Haven't noticed either of those issues on my SF2. For it I can see the screen from any angle in front of the game.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Or... since they’re using emulation anyway... buy a real fighting cab; candy or big blue or dynamo, put together an emulation computer and have every fighting game and side scroller from every company . Yes, these arcade 1 ups are neat , I own 2 of them. I could spend the same or less $ and have it full size with what ever hardware I want to use...

I've got a row of candy cabs, running real CPS2 and CPS3 hardware, I don't do emulation. But I have thousands of dollars into my hardware, I need to maintain a bunch of CRTs, and it's really nothing I'd recommend to anyone who wasn't hardcore about playing these games.

These 1Ups are just fine for most people who just want to mess around. Don't waste your time and money on real arcade cabs just to play them a few weeks and then get bored.

Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I always liked playing on those JPN style fighter cabinets where each player had their own screen.

That's how my cabs are set up, and once you're used to having your own screen, and more importantly your own control panel and elbow room, there's really no going back. But it means two cabs just to run a single game, so it's not super space efficient.

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I think his overarching point was that a 2 player head to head fighting game cocktail takes up more floor space than a stand up cab like a dynamo, and he is correct.

He was actually talking pins but I see your point too. Both of those examples still don’t jive when the person already has a wall of pins in a 12’ X 12’ room. I wasn’t favoring the head to head cocktails either, just championed the standard A1Up cabs because I can put five or six of them in on the opposite wall and still have plenty of space to move around the room with more people playing different games at the same time.
If I went with the A1Up cocktails sure, I’d only be able to fit two back to back due to the configuration, but at least the DEPTH of the games would be manageable in said space.

If the room was say 12’ X 16’, then depth wouldn’t be much of an issue and you could easily put three two player dynamo or candys in a row.
Point was,
I’d rather have SIX different officially licensed easy-to-move upright A1Ups with four or 12 games a piece I actually CARE to play with nicely matched game specific button layouts, plus stools(!) in the same space as three of the commercial units mentioned earlier any day of the week in said 12’ X 12’ space across from the five pins, for less money and hassle.

#1527 5 years ago

digging those sfii stools, msrp on those?

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

2 questions:

With respect to the audio lag (which I notice in my Atari 12in1 Arcade1Up), my MAME cab has no noticeable lag. MAME > Arcade1up, but I still love the price and form factor of the 1up cabs.

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've got a row of candy cabs, running real CPS2 and CPS3 hardware, I don't do emulation. But I have thousands of dollars into my hardware, I need to maintain a bunch of CRTs, and it's really nothing I'd recommend to anyone who wasn't hardcore about playing these games.
These 1Ups are just fine for most people who just want to mess around. Don't waste your time and money on real arcade cabs just to play them a few weeks and then get bored.

Agree, on all fronts

Quoted from NimblePin:

What happens if you already have a row of 5 pins in let’s say...a 12’X12’ room and you can’t possibly put two more pins in the room? One more surely could go lengthwise but two back to back would pretty much cramp the doorway.
Wouldn’t you rather have five or six A1UPs at $100-$150 a pop along the opposite wall with dedicated specific game button layouts so MORE people can be playing different games all at once?
Also saying you can buy original equipment for the same price or less is just silly. Maybe if you were paying the MSRP of the Deluxe Editions or something, but I highly doubt you’re scoring complete bb/candy/dynamo cabs on the reg for $100-$150.
Even though you own two, I think you’re still missing the point and purpose of why all these A1UPs are so attractive for a lot of different people.
They are literally TINY; weigh next to nothing.
Cheap to run, simple to use and are very low maintenance.
Fun to play? Yep, that too.
Shuffling the uprights around is literally a breeze.
Moving my aging 30 year old big blue around isn’t.
Even with carpet sliders.
(It has lightly scratched plexi as well.)
Also,
If you feel like modding it with any modern arcade hardware spec, the A1Up can handle that no problemo.
Most folks with the SFII cab have already done that and dim sum.
Talking about losing space because of it’s “size” is just silly.
If anything, I was able to cram MORE gaming into my humble arcade because of the Arcade 1Up!
Thanks A1Up!

Cocktail machines, no matter the size; you have to pull chairs up to them to play them. Therefore they take up a crazy amount of room. I can fit three pinball machines where my one and only cocktail machine sits including its chairs. The arcade one ups upright games are fantastic for their size. I had the same idea years ago when trying to figure out a way to fit multiple games and a few pinball machines in a small bedroom…

I have an original centipede that I installed every good track ball game on. I have a Tron arcade that I’ve built by hand, and it has every game on it that utilizes a spinner and joystick. It uses an original Tron joystick. My dynamo street fighter two arcade, has every fighting game from Street fighter IV and older . I built a fix-it Felix Junior, it has every vertical 4-way joystick game on it. They all use hyper spin for the front end. The games are easy to find and navigate. When my son was three years old, he could figure it out without me helping him

Since then I have bought a LOT of dedicated games and a few 1ups, life is good

Oh yes... every game should have tempered glass. NOT PLEXI... but one of those cocktail machines and send us a photo 2 weeks later

#1530 5 years ago

Don't know if anyone suggested this yet, but what about a NEO*GEO cabinet? Even if it only included SNK owned titles only.

#1531 5 years ago

At least every pinhead has Novus2 if the plexi ever scratches on the cocktail.

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least every pinhead has Novus2 if the plexi ever scratches on the cocktail.

Wait...VID, do I use Naphtha or Novus 2 or Alcohol or Simple Green or a ME or Millwax?
I want to do a deep clean of the plexi.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Extra pics requested

"Sh@t just got real"
Did I just see SFIII 3rd Strike and SF Alpha on the cocktail table box.
Was it on the actual table top machine or is it some sort of add on?
What's going on?
Input on this please. thx!

#1534 5 years ago

Any chance for SF EX?
I know ARIKA developed it, but it sure would be tight to see this game one again with D.Dark, Cracker J., Allen Snider, and Garuda.

#1535 5 years ago

Cadash or GTFO!

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I always liked playing on those JPN style fighter cabinets where each player had their own screen. I’m not sold on the cocktail idea for head to head fighters but something smaller than the big boys would be cool. Think how the board game Battleship is set up.

Now you're talking my language.
IMG_20181221_123314 (resized).jpgIMG_20181221_123314 (resized).jpg

#1537 5 years ago

Versus City is hot. I keep my linked cabs side by side, and for friendly play we like that better, but if you’re playing serious you can’t beat true head to head.

#1538 5 years ago

You could mount 2 Wallcades back to back on a basement stanchion, mirror the monitors and have some nice H2H action.

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You could mount 2 Wallcades back to back on a basement stanchion, mirror the monitors and have some nice H2H action.

When the fight gets rowdy on those machines, the whole basement crumble down! LOL I like your thinking that, always thinking outside the box

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

2 questions:

A1U sent me a replacement PCB for my Centipede which is supposed to fix the audio lag problem. That said, I can't check it because now I'm having monitor problems. Waiting for a replacement monitor now.

On the bright side, this new company they're using for customer support has been super helpful, and consumer friendly. I would try giving them a call and tell them about your audio lag issue. That's what I did.

#1541 5 years ago

Has anyone heard a release date or where/when the Mortal Kombat will be available to pre-order?

#1542 5 years ago

Any info on those stools ? Not listed on their site but those sfii stools are dope

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Has anyone heard a release date or where/when the Mortal Kombat will be available to pre-order?

September 2019

#1544 5 years ago

February 2019 Final Fight and Space Invaders

#1545 5 years ago

June 2019 Golden Tee

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

"Sh@t just got real"
Did I just see SFIII 3rd Strike and SF Alpha on the cocktail table box.
Was it on the actual table top machine or is it some sort of add on?
What's going on?
Input on this please. thx!

Ya long list of sf games on that box.

#1547 5 years ago

Anyone that buys the cocktail machine(s). Please go buy a piece of tempered glass for the top, you will thank yourself for doing it

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The 12 in 1 would have been my choice of the 1st batch, unfortunately they are USA only. Walmart is the exclusive dealer in Canada.
I’m hoping I can find one at Marshall’s here they might get some.

Galaga also not available in Canada.. Most Disappointing.

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

Galaga also not available in Canada.. Most Disappointing.

Every country had different licensing deals for video games back then.

Look how long it took Arcade1Up to get SI for the Americas, when the rest of the world already had it.

#1550 5 years ago

They should make some of the Konami 4-player games (TMNT, Simpsons and the criminally overlooked Sunset Riders) into 2 player cabinets where you can link them for 4 player.

Like Cadash!

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.