• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 63.
#1301 5 years ago

If they can figure out the licensing, a Tron themed cabinet would be pretty sweet.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Man, gorf and Tron in one cabinet. Looks like I'll be investing in another one of these things.

If they go a multigame cab with Tron it I hope they attempt to make it look similar to the full size Tron cab. That cabinet design was awesome. I doubt they would have the black light effects on it but I'm sure people could mod that in. Would look great next to a Tron pinball machine.

I think one of George Gomez's first design jobs was the black light glowing trigger joystick assembly on Tron.

Bally-Midway-Tron-Upright-Arcade-Game-Good-condition (resized).jpgBally-Midway-Tron-Upright-Arcade-Game-Good-condition (resized).jpg
#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Got to build my rampage last night. Im still not sure why these get so much hate. I secretly opened the box a couple weeks ago and clear coated the control panel to increase the durability without having to add the acrylic overlay.
My dad and I played gauntlet last night until our hands hurt.
[quoted image]

I love Gauntlet and Joust! I may have to get another one. Have you tried playing three players at once, and does it feel cramped?

It would be nice if you could choose the artwork for the main game, as I’m not a huge fan of Rampage, but I imagine that having that many SKUs would not make sense for them cost wise. Perhaps an add on overlay that they could sell . . . .

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I love Gauntlet and Joust! I may have to get another one. Have you tried playing three players at once, and does it feel cramped?
It would be nice if you could choose the artwork for the main game, as I’m not a huge fan of Rampage, but I imagine that having that many SKUs would not make sense for them cost wise. Perhaps an add on overlay that they could sell . . . .

Arcadegraphix.com has overlays, but the selection is pretty limited right now.

Tron just released. They also have TMNT, The Simpsons, etc.

FAC7A0BD-82A2-47BB-94A3-1D10D7F1760A (resized).jpegFAC7A0BD-82A2-47BB-94A3-1D10D7F1760A (resized).jpeg
#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Arcadegraphix.com has overlays, but the selection is pretty limited right now.
Tron just released. They also have TMNT, The Simpsons, etc. [quoted image]

Wow, nice but half the cost of a game.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wow, nice but half the cost of a game.

Full cost of the game if you jumped on the Wallmart $149 deal a week ago!

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Full cost of the game if you jumped on the Wallmart $149 deal a week ago!

Tron wasn’t available a week ago

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Tron wasn’t available a week ago

Still isn't, coming soon .

#1309 5 years ago

On some of my games, like Centipede, my high scores are maintained. On others, like Crystal Castles, which is in the same cab, they are not. Anyone else notice this, and is there anything I’m doing wrong?

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

On some of my games, like Centipede, my high scores are maintained. On others, like Crystal Castles, which is in the same cab, they are not. Anyone else notice this, and is there anything I’m doing wrong?

I’ve noticed the same thing on my 12-1 cab.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I’ve noticed the same thing on my 12-1 cab.

Just found an earlier post that said that saving high scores only applies for some games and is inconsistent. That’s a bummer as it’s nice to keep track of your scores and compete against yourself and your family.

#1312 5 years ago

Cool to see Satan's Hollow getting in on a future model. Stil no all-Sega cab yet? There's quite a few Sega titles to choose from.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Cool to see Satan's Hollow getting in on a future model. Stil no all-Sega cab yet? There's quite a few Sega titles to choose from.

I'd like too see one with Golden Axe, Alien Syndrome. Altered Beast, Flicky, Mr.Viking, Zaxxon, Space Fury and the U.S. version of Columns.

#1314 5 years ago

Wish me luck. Driving to a neighboring town 30+ miles away to see if I can get some of their cabinets for $100. Listed on Brickseek. I think I'll but anything they have, other than centipede and asteroids. I'd rather have the deluxe cabinet of those.

#1315 5 years ago

Success. Barely. They had everything except Centipede and Rampage was still $300 for some reason. They wouldn't change the price for me.

Picked up SF II and Galaga. I was tempted to also get Pacman, but only two fit in the shopping cart, and boy was I glad I didnt get a third. One fit in my car. Two barely fit.

Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Need to find a place to set them up.

20181228_165153 (resized).jpg20181228_165153 (resized).jpg20181228_165155 (resized).jpg20181228_165155 (resized).jpg20181228_165159 (resized).jpg20181228_165159 (resized).jpg20181228_165526 (resized).jpg20181228_165526 (resized).jpg20181228_164644 (resized).jpg20181228_164644 (resized).jpg
#1316 5 years ago

I want a GALAGA and they don't sell that model here in Canada, due to some licence issue. I asked for one to review as that way i could get one and they wouldn't be breaking a rule since it wouldn't be a sale there would be no $ involved, haven't heard anything back.. lol

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Picked up SF II and Galaga. I was tempted to also get Pacman, but only two fit in the shopping cart, and boy was I glad I didnt get a third. One fit in my car. Two barely fit.

Nice score!

#1318 5 years ago

Was looking around my area for a deal on a Street fighter2 but no luck, i would of snatched 1 for $100, I want to set one up with a Pandoras box.

#1319 5 years ago

Just grabbed a deluxe for $199 @ TJ Maxx

#1320 5 years ago

I bought some for my place in Michigan. I'm in Phoenix visiting my son for a few days, was hoping to find some on clearance here. He could care less but thought I could play when I visit.

#1321 5 years ago

No luck at Marshall’s. Rats.

#1322 5 years ago

All walmart’s Around me have them mostly at full price but a couple centipede and maybe galaga for 200 :/ waiting game now

#1323 5 years ago

Added the usb to my centipede.
Lubed up the trackball and adjusted the speed and sensitivity in mames analog settings.
The trackball is fantastic now.

And yes, it keeps your changed settings.

Hoping to find asteroids soon. Haven't seen it here in Canada yet.
I have an ultimarc spinner just waiting to go in it for tempest.
Going to Hardwire it in to the existing spinner wires.
Add usb and adjust it in mame. Done and done.
Arcade quality spinner.

#1324 5 years ago

Only ones I've seen were at a local Walmart but they were still full price. No deals around here so far. Be interested in the 12 in 1 as is and a Street fighter since I have a spare Jamma harness and multi game module that would be perfect for it.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Added the usb to my centipede.
Lubed up the spinner and adjusted the speed and sensitivity in mames analog settings.
The trackball is fantastic now.

I was debating on adding the USB and tweaking the settings. But in the mean time before the USB mod was detailed I made 24 space interrupters for the trackball to replace the 30 space interrupters that came with the game. The trackball seems fine so I haven't bothered to add the USB. It probably isn't ideal, but to me and my limited experience it seems pretty good.

Also, a friend has an original arcade Centipede and my high scores on the Arcade1Up are in the same realm as my high scores on his game. So it must be fairly close if I'm able to score the same as on his original game.

My friend with the Centipede and another friend that owns tons of original arcade games will be at my place on New Year's Eve. I'll get their input on the trackball, will be interesting to hear what they think.

I also lubed the trackball. I didn't use it before lubricating it, but it seems to work great now.

#1326 5 years ago

Pac man and galaga went $200 at my store but sfii is still $300. The waiting game continues

#1327 5 years ago

I have been looking at Wal-Mart past few days still $300 for all. Also for those looking at Marshall's & TJ Maxx look everywhere in store. I found the deluxe in the men's clothing section leaning up against a post.

#1328 5 years ago

Also wanted to report about Arcade1up customer service. I sent a request through their web site about my trackball issue (doesnt move properly) , which they never replied to.

Waited on hold for about 1.5 hrs today , but they took care of me over the phone very quickly (once answered) . Also they asked me if i wanted an overlay , which i had already requested via the online site already.

Galaga is working perfectly and hopefully the trackball fixes Centipede.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Also wanted to report about Arcade1up customer service. I sent a request through their web site about my trackball issue (doesnt move properly) , which they never replied to.
Waited on hold for about 1.5 hrs today , but they took care of me over the phone very quickly (once answered) . Also they asked me if i wanted an overlay , which i had already requested via the online site already.
Galaga is working perfectly and hopefully the trackball fixes Centipede.

My guess is that they are swamped after the holidays. Hopefully things will settle down a bit.

#1330 5 years ago

Cleaned up my spare room. Had to remove a table and some junk. Got SFII and Galaga set up. Still need to make a little extra room for Pacman. Man these things are awesome. Just wish I didn't have so much crap in my house.

2019-01-01 16.21.56 (resized).jpg2019-01-01 16.21.56 (resized).jpg
#1331 5 years ago

Playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo, when I hold jab down, these Zeros pop up during the opening animation. It only shows during Ryu, not during Cami. I've pushed all the buttons and cannot change the numbers.

Does anyone know what the purpose of this is? I'm assuming it was apart of the original cabinet and not specific to 1Up?

49548098_10161385815455654_5304185980931014656_o (resized).jpg49548098_10161385815455654_5304185980931014656_o (resized).jpg
#1332 5 years ago

cheat codes?

#1333 5 years ago

I'll test it on my CPS2 powered machine when I get home

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Picked up SF II and Galaga.

Whoa! Nice prices. I can't compete with you in pinball, but I might be able to in SF II.

Quoted from woody24:

Just wish I didn't have so much crap in my house.

Your house is like a museum of the obscure and interesting. I love walking in there and seeing something I didn't see before. Don't get rid of too much!

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Whoa! Nice prices. I can't compete with you in pinball, but I might be able to in SF II.

Your house is like a museum of the obscure and interesting. I love walking in there and seeing something I didn't see before. Don't get rid of too much!

Ha. Thanks Kyle. Yeah, my SFII button mashing probably isn't the best strategy. The house just needs better organization. My computer room has been a catch-all for when I need to get stuff out of the way.

#1336 5 years ago

I'm liking the SF2 cabinet. I threw in a Retropie, which was pretty easy to do. My 2.5 year old daughter loves being able to reach the controls while standing.

I'm considering a Rampage. I might try for it when I see one on sale for cheaper. I wonder why these didn't end up in Target (at least not near me). Seems like they attract a different clientele than Walmart more apt to purchase a $300 toy.

I never actually saw one in person before ordering online. According to Brickseek, my local Walmarts are sitting on stock and very few of them have lowered prices. I guess I'll keep an eye on that to see if anything lowers enough for me to consider getting another. They're fun little toys, but I don't think they're worth the msrp of $400.

I was willing to pay $300 for my first one, but seeing people get them for way less than that tells me it's just a matter of time before these come down more in price. I'd be surprised if the company is able to sustain this kind of volume in future runs. Store marking these down to 100 aren't going to be getting newer games.

#1337 5 years ago

Anyone seen this yet?

Might be a slightly cheaper alternative to adding an SpinTrak or TurboTwist spinner and perhaps a more simple install.

Still anxious to hear feedback from you spinner modders out there.

#1338 5 years ago

You guys are in for a treat when Tuesday comes

#1339 5 years ago

What this mean?

#1340 5 years ago

CES show should have new information on this years games

#1341 5 years ago

Ces 2019 arcade 1up announcements????

#1342 5 years ago

Went by their booth. They have games you wouldn’t think would be coming out yet....

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Went by their booth. They have games you wouldn’t think would be coming out yet....

So exciting, lol.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do share!

#1345 5 years ago

FYE has them for $199 in store. They had SFII, centipede and Asteroids in stock
Before Xmas only had Asteroids in stock. Not sure how long this price will last

#1346 5 years ago

I don’t want to be the one to leak stuff :/ I’ll post pics and gameplay stuff when it is public though. Buttttt y’all better get some money ready

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don’t want to be the one to leak stuff :/ I’ll post pics and gameplay stuff when it is public though. Buttttt y’all better get some money ready

Dude...Did you see TRON, Ghost’n Goblins, or Dragons Lair?
That’s all I got to know.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dude...Did you see TRON, Ghost’n Goblins, or Dragons Lair?
That’s all I got to know.

No :/

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m just saying if you were to randomly pick someone in this thread and send them pics through private message. They would assume that they belong here, and the pics might just get posted. Just sayin. Wink wink.

#1350 5 years ago

I think it's cool you are respecting their announcement date.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/27?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.