• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 63.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Man I wish I would have consulted you before I got mine, you could have saved me some money. We all get it now there shit dont buy one.

No worries bro, just trying to save one Pinsider at a time from throwing money away. Pinside crusader to the rescue

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Damn now they are literally giving them away. I had the thought of maybe I should go and buy a couple for the Children's Hospital for Christmas.
Worthy of What???? These machines are not worthy of being in Pinsiders homes. Pinsiders are special privileged people who have access to a vast data base of video game knowledge(ie. Pinside).
Let me ask you a question-If they had a zizzle pinball machines on sale at Walmart-would you advise people to go and buy them because they appear to be a good value or would you warn people that they should not waste their time or money(and to save up and buy a real pinball)-because they are a POS regardless of pricing. These 1Up Arcades are not for Pinsiders, they are for the oblivious parents who think it is a good value and will be fun for the kids. Yes it is a toy and not a real arcade, so if you want a toy just buy one of those $20 mini arcades Walmart has been selling. I think Pinsiders want something with staying power-maybe even something that will maintain it's value and they can re-sale or trade down the road. Buying a real arcade would allow you to keep your investment instead of a temporary fix to make the kids happy for Christmas. If you want to go out and buy the zizzle of arcades-so be it. I tried to warn people
I also find it amusing how people are trying to MacGyver their machines so they can work properly-LOL They should include a piece of gum, a toothpick, and some duct-tape with purchase-so people can do some MacGyvering to get their new zizzles to play right.

LOL, have no idea why you are getting so worked up about these...seriously! I’ll tell the kids to stop having fun with them because some self appointed expert has deemed these to not be worthy of being in the house so we have to take them back. Carry on your one man crusade.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

LOL, have no idea why you are getting so worked up about these...seriously!

I am not getting worked up, I could give a shit if people want to waste money. I see people posting pictures of them at a discount-like it is a good value and you should go out and buy one. Knowledge is power-just trying to educate unaware people to what a real POS these really are. If you like them and kids like them-it's all good.

I would never recommend a zizzle pinball to a pinsider because I feel I would be doing them a disservice.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

just trying to save one Pinsider at a time from throwing money away.

Quoted from pinmister:

I could give a shit if people want to waste money.

What one is it? I’m confused

But then again, I’ve owned a zizzle in the past, so clearly I’m no expert on what I like.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Let me ask you a question-If they had a zizzle pinball machines on sale at Walmart-would you advise people to go and buy them because they appear to be a good value or would you warn people that they should not waste their time or money(and to save up and buy a real pinball)-because they are a POS regardless of pricing.

Spoken like a person who has never actually played a Zizzle.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I also find it amusing how people are trying to MacGyver their machines so they can work properly

Are we not men?

That's what men do; we fix and improve things around us.

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

just trying to educate unaware people to what a real POS these really are If you like them and kids like them-it's all good.
I would never recommend a zizzle pinball to a pinsider because I feel I would be doing them a disservice.

I can't seem to find the post where people asked for your recommendation?

Don't assume that people need to be educated on what these things are. I'm pretty sure most of us get exactly what they are.

I also like playing my miniature Bad Dudes. The controls are ass but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I have a bartop 2-player mame cabinet too. These arcade1up cabs are just something different and fun to mess with.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Buying a real arcade would allow you to keep your investment instead of a temporary fix to make the kids happy for Christmas.

Nobody (except you, apparently) cares about "keeping their investments" in a toy.

"Honey, don't take your Barbie SUV out of the box; you'll ruin daddy's investment..." - Pin-miser

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Wow! $100?!?
Now that’s worth a 9 mile drive for sure!
I thought I was farting through velvet at $150 on my Pac Man.
Even though I have a Big Blue nestled in the corner, SFII would be snatched up right quick to House my old Pandora’s Box.
Might as well collect them all at $100 Woody.
Anaheim Fry’s had a bunch of SFII cabs left when I was there yesterday. It’s too bad most of the online places went back up to $249.
I’m sure they’ll dump them down again soon after Christmas.
Ho Ho Hadouken!

Drove there this morning. My plan was to get SFII and Rampage. They both showed up in stock on Brickseek this morning. I get there, and the only one on the shelf was Galaga. I asked if they had them anywhere else, and the sales person said no that they had sold them all out yesterday right after they marked them down to $100. I asked if it was possible to order in their store to pick up at another one. All she said was that I had to order Online and pickup in the store, which the online price wasn't the $100.

So I drove back to my closest Walmart and asked if they price matched the other store, and said they can't do that.

Drats. Nothing.

Still showing all of them in stock. Not sure how frequent they update the quantity, but also makes me think there's a pallet of them in the back. They even had the riser on the shelf.

arcade1up (resized).jpgarcade1up (resized).jpg
#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

But then again, I’ve owned a zizzle in the past, so clearly I’m no expert on what I like.

Was thinking the same thing. I've gotten 5 good years out of my zizzle. Got it for my wife's classroom and it gets played and loved by them all the time.

#1211 5 years ago

Bahahahaha

#1213 5 years ago

Even though I paid full US price for my SF2, I’m really enjoying it after the Pi mod. I can rebuild a Gottlieb Decagon Score Unit easily but I’m a complete novice in the field of computer stuff. When I figured out how to run Sega CD and Turbo CD emulators (and networking the Pi to my Mac), I was ecstatic. I had a TurboDuo (and a TG16) as a kid and Gate of Thunder was one of my favorite games. My brother and I had a Genesis but never had the CD. Despite all the bitching about the add on, the sound quality is top notch. I’ve played Final Fight tons of times but the Sega CD’s soundtrack is unique. Also, I’ve discovered this game called Snatcher.

82D13FDA-E6E0-4382-9A3C-5B051EA4A96E (resized).jpeg82D13FDA-E6E0-4382-9A3C-5B051EA4A96E (resized).jpeg9FDADBD6-5CA0-4E94-8EF7-F6195A506CC8 (resized).jpeg9FDADBD6-5CA0-4E94-8EF7-F6195A506CC8 (resized).jpeg

#1214 5 years ago

Too rich for my blood

Maybe I'll wait for a sale

IMG_20181223_1604257.jpgIMG_20181223_1604257.jpg
#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Too rich for my blood
Maybe I'll wait for a sale [quoted image]

It’s the same price here in Ontario; also there’s a street fighter cab on that skid. That’s the one that’s selling out the quickest

#1216 5 years ago

For those undecided folks who wanted a more comfortable and robust stool for your Arcade 1Up, I went with these 18” contoured metal pair from Amazon when they were featured a few days ago for $50.
(Unfortunately it looks like they went back up to $99.81 yesterday. Bummer... I’m sure they’ll go down again.)

https://www.amazon.com/Norwood-Commercial-Furniture-Contoured-Metal/dp/B01JO4HR76

Anyway,
Here they are in front of the games.
270FB349-51E8-4E1B-A024-571FA944C4F2 (resized).jpeg270FB349-51E8-4E1B-A024-571FA944C4F2 (resized).jpeg
Very comfortable (for metal) and a perfect height for adults!
Supposedly can hold 400lbs too. Beeeeefy!

Definitely happy with these stools and as a small bonus, they almost look like they have mini inverted pinball legs to boot.
Nice!
F342054C-012E-478F-B08C-20CC1B19DFE6 (resized).jpegF342054C-012E-478F-B08C-20CC1B19DFE6 (resized).jpeg

#1217 5 years ago

So far, "leaked" as we all know leaked on purpose.... Arcade1up Cocktails will be at CES as well as new cabs with 27 new titles licensed for 2019
Not sure on how many cabs that will be at CES and if all new titles will be presented. We will see if this is just a rumor mill to get hyped up for Arcade1Up at CES. CES is Jan 9th so not that far out.

Arcade1up Cocktail (resized).jpgArcade1up Cocktail (resized).jpg
#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

So far, "leaked" as we all know leaked on purpose.... Arcade1up Cocktails will be at CES as well as new cabs with 27 new titles licensed for 2019
Not sure on how many cabs that will be at CES and if all new titles will be presented. We will see if this is just a rumor mill to get hyped up for Arcade1Up at CES. CES is Jan 9th so not that far out.
[quoted image]

I’ll check when I’m at ces and get pics

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

[quoted image]

How do you play a VS fighting game on a cocktail cab

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

How do you play a VS fighting game on a cocktail cab

The screen is split so you both have a view of the action. A14D153B-B624-4ED6-A055-4DB612003494 (resized).jpegA14D153B-B624-4ED6-A055-4DB612003494 (resized).jpeg

#1221 5 years ago

The screen is split so you both have a view of the action. [quoted image]

Oh never seen that before. Odd looking but it works it seems.

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

[quoted image]

If there’s no glass on that top, stay away, or replace it with glass ASAP, the plastic on the upright games is easily scratched, Only clean it with glass cleaner and a microfiber towel, never dry

#1223 5 years ago

Are these full sized cocktails?

#1224 5 years ago

Arcade1up’s booth at ces is freaking huge compared to most in the video game/vr area, even sterns booth is tiny. I assume they’ll use their mushroom one from last year.

8745249F-14A7-48A1-A604-9EECD1342317 (resized).jpeg8745249F-14A7-48A1-A604-9EECD1342317 (resized).jpeg
#1225 5 years ago

Not sure of the reasoning behind blowing them out at certain Wal-Mart stores but I was grabbing some last minute stuff today and was at 2 different one's (Naperville & Aurora) and both had them for $299 still and at both stores I saw people with them on carts headed to the checkout. I already have Pac-Man, Galaga, and Centipede but am wanting SFII, but hearing of the price drops I guess I will wait and see.

#1226 5 years ago

They were $199 on Saturday at my local Wal-Mart and today I had to go back for last minute snacks and they were $149. I would like a street fighter but I only have room for o e more so I think I am going to hold off until the mortal combat drops.

#1227 5 years ago

Assembled my 12 in 1 tonight. Went together easy enough. No damage anywhere that I notice. It powered up no problem. Will test further tomorrow after lunch. I'm happy with it so far.

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Not sure of the reasoning behind blowing them out at certain Wal-Mart stores but I was grabbing some last minute stuff today and was at 2 different one's (Naperville & Aurora) and both had them for $299 still and at both stores I saw people with them on carts headed to the checkout. I already have Pac-Man, Galaga, and Centipede but am wanting SFII, but hearing of the price drops I guess I will wait and see.

Walmart is very concerned about returns on these due to quality (or lack there of) and rightfully so. After Christmas there is going to be a flood of returns on these when unsuspecting parents try putting them together and realize just how cheaply made they actually are. They were as low as $100 on clearance in some areas just to get rid of them. Walmart has different in store and online prices and won't even price match their own website which makes it difficult to find out how much they are actually selling for and where those prices are.

...and yes...I know you can get a free plastic control panel overlay protector now that so many people have complained, but parents in general are not going to know that or want to deal with that. The same with the ball tops as soon as a kid just twists one off and it goes missing or the plexiglass windows that scratch if you look at them cross eyed.
Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Walmart has different in store and online prices

True

Quoted from LesManley:

won't even price match their own website

Not true. They will absolutely price match their own website. This isn’t anecdotal information, it’s policy.

The shelf price was $299, I whipped out my phone to show them $199, and they changed it on the spot.

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not true. They will absolutely price match their own website. This isn’t anecdotal information, it’s policy.
The shelf price was $299, I whipped out my phone to show them $199, and they changed it on the spot.

That varies by store then, even if they obviously should have a standard policy. I know several people who were shot down at various stores trying to do just that. Some even went out in the parking lot, placed the order online, then came back in the store to do to a pick up. Yes, Walmart was that stupid about it.

#1231 5 years ago

How do you know Wal-Mart is concerned about these?

#1232 5 years ago

I am one of those "you get what you pay for" guys. So, I have seen many on here say "cheaply made" Okay... we all know these are the Ikea, Sauder, etc meaning you assemble type furniture/cabinet. With that said I have 3 of these and outside of the control panel issue it's not that bad for the price. Maybe the Wal-Mart's in major markets are not dropping the price because they are selling? Some that have posted low prices are not in major markets, Just my opinion from what I have seen I could be very wrong on this.

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How do you know Wal-Mart is concerned about these?

My friend's wife is a manager at our local Walmart.

#1234 5 years ago

I still say that because these are made by the same people as hatchamals, that they will be around for a while. Next year they’ll be back, better then before.

The first year that hatchamals came out there were many news reports of them not hatching. These are $50-$100 toys that contain basically a stuffed animal and they still sell. I’ve never bought one (I don’t see the value) but my daughter wants one badly.

Of course they will have a big booth at CES, these guys have a lot invested, and they will be around for a while.

#1235 5 years ago

I still say that because these are made by the same people as hatchamals, that they will be around for a while. Next year they’ll be back, better then before.
The first year that hatchamals came out there were many news reports of them not hatching. These are $50-$100 toys that contain basically a stuffed animal and they still sell. I’ve never bought one (I don’t see the value) but my daughter wants one badly.
Of course they will have a big booth at CES, these guys have a lot invested, and they will be around for a while.

They need to improve the quality which is going to cost them money.

The Arcade1Up return pile at my local Walmart continues to grow.

#1236 5 years ago

The double screen cocktail fighter is a bit weird.

#1237 5 years ago

Didn't notice at first, but my C button on my 12 in 1 wasn't working. Upon investigation, a wire was disconnected. After a little bit of soldering, she's working 100%. The mod market for these should be huge. A lighted marquee would be cool, as well as a better spinner. It's good for now.

#1238 5 years ago

These are cheap toys, but that's ok. For the price I didn't expect an arcade quality machine. For me they take up less room, and are easy to move. I have no complaints, all the ones I bought went together and work well.

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

After a little bit of soldering, she's working 100%.

I wonder if all of the single mothers buying these things up have any soldering experience.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

They will absolutely price match their own website. This isn’t anecdotal information, it’s policy.

Exactly.

Of course they will match their own website.

Make sure you are showing an item SOLD BY WALLMART OR JET.COM (and not a 3rd party wallmart seller).

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#00000150-2910-d285-add2-fff8e8700000

They also pricematch these other online sellers:

Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com

-

Welcome to the planet Earth (and Merry Christmas)

-

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder if all of the single mothers buying these things up have any soldering experience.

If you've ever been a manager in Retail, you know that the ARR (Average Return Rate) is 11%

That's just how it goes.

Items are not even returned to the manufacturer, they just stuffed into semi trailers and sold for $3000 a load

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-stores-do-with-90-billion-in-merchandise-returns-1518777000

#1242 5 years ago

I got the centipede one at Walmart.
The box got wet and it has a water stain on the left side of the cabinet.
No damage other than that and I got it for $159 so I figured why not. The kids are having fun with it.

#1243 5 years ago

May not be amazing to some but my kids sure love it!

3AF1ACCC-2B4C-434B-8B8F-087BF8CFA7B4 (resized).jpeg3AF1ACCC-2B4C-434B-8B8F-087BF8CFA7B4 (resized).jpegFAB0A9A5-2D6F-4757-BC08-A275B823C07C (resized).jpegFAB0A9A5-2D6F-4757-BC08-A275B823C07C (resized).jpeg
#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

woman-soldering-beautiful-repairing-printed-circuit-board-forced-air-iron-44098800 (resized).jpgwoman-soldering-beautiful-repairing-printed-circuit-board-forced-air-iron-44098800 (resized).jpg
#1245 5 years ago

Hope that soldering iron isn't on

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I am one of those "you get what you pay for" guys. So, I have seen many on here say "cheaply made" Okay... we all know these are the Ikea, Sauder, etc meaning you assemble type furniture/cabinet. With that said I have 3 of these and outside of the control panel issue it's not that bad for the price. Maybe the Wal-Mart's in major markets are not dropping the price because they are selling? Some that have posted low prices are not in major markets, Just my opinion from what I have seen I could be very wrong on this.

Yeah looks like
Serious junk I’d have no interest.

But damn this thread has legs!! People love cheap garbage.

#1248 5 years ago

Cheap cabinet aside, how is gameplay on these?

#1249 5 years ago

No complaints here. Plays like a nice mame cab to me

#1250 5 years ago

Pac-Man is set up with riser decals. The kickplate decals didn’t make it in time.

Gameplay is great, everything worked out of the box. It’s a fun complement to my MAME arcade. It’s also nice to be able to move these yourself.
6A162769-F203-4808-8862-DBB327E245CD (resized).jpeg6A162769-F203-4808-8862-DBB327E245CD (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/25?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.