• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Nice! How long ago did you request it?

About 3 weeks....

#1052 5 years ago

These mini games look awesome and I want one (all of them). However, at these prices I think they are affordable to the masses and as such, will flood the 2nd hand market and be worthless within 4 years. I say the secondary market has these under $100 in 2 years and at that point in time I'll grab one (a couple). These are just too bulky for your average homeowner to keep around indefinitely. They do look awesome though and I'd get them NIB if they were a little cheaper. I'm going to have a mini-arcade for the kids at the rate I'm going.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

These mini games look awesome and I want one (all of them). However, at these prices I think they are affordable to the masses and as such, will flood the 2nd hand market and be worthless within 4 years. I say the secondary market has these under $100 in 2 years and at that point in time I'll grab one (a couple). These are just too bulky for your average homeowner to keep around indefinitely. They do look awesome though and I'd get them NIB if they were a little cheaper. I'm going to have a mini-arcade for the kids at the rate I'm going.

I agree. You can still get a (dirty) REAL arcade machine on craigslist for $200. Shit, I paid $350 for my SF2 CE in great condition. Granted, that was over 5 years ago. Id grab one of these for $100 all day.

#1054 5 years ago

However, at these prices I think they are affordable to the masses and as such, will flood the 2nd hand market and be worthless within 4 years

I hope so, they are just toys.

I never buy a $299 Disney Princess Mercedes car toy, and worry what the resale value will be in 4 years.

When my nieces get bored with it, they can drag it to the curb, or give it away.

07483fe3-8de9-4811-85c2-dd76e9f86215_1.29a497ec26c8d7b5baf6fb6974aa7e0e (resized).jpeg07483fe3-8de9-4811-85c2-dd76e9f86215_1.29a497ec26c8d7b5baf6fb6974aa7e0e (resized).jpeg

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Id grab one of these for $100 all day.

That's the plan. They are really sweet but I view it as something like a last Gen gaming system that will be out of fashion quickly. I think I'd get bored with one of these after 6 months or so... I can see a MAME multi-cabinet or 60 in 1 in my future.

I'd get a new one for my kids in a heartbeat if they asked for one, but since it would really be for me I'm going to wait a while.

Quoted from vid1900:

I never buy a $299 Disney Princess Mercedes car toy, and worry what the resale value will be in 4 years.
When my nieces get bored with it, they can drag it to the curb, or give it away.
[quoted image]

Just to be clear there is nothing wrong with buying a new one of these. I am hoping lots of people do so they make more models like these.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd put these in the realm of consumer electronics that I don't think will ever be "collectible".

#1056 5 years ago

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd put these in the realm of consumer electronics that I don't think will ever be "collectible".

Of course not. These arcades are going to get destroyed over the course of a childhood. If I wanted a tank I'd build one myself.

#1057 5 years ago

I received my SF2 overlay plus extra art overlay today...not even 10 days after I sent them an email! I haven’t even opened up this box as it’s a Christmas gift for my 6 year old....sent them an email with just my mailing address. Pretty trusting!

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

sent them an email with just my mailing address. Pretty trusting!

I wonder if they’d send out a sticker for the marquee if you complain that it’s damaged. Stick it onto some plastic, put some leds behind it and boom, you’ve got a light up marquee.

#1059 5 years ago

As a person who grew up in the early 1980s (9 - 14 years old) these are great. I don't care about the street fighter cab and barely rampage... Don't care about Mortal Combat... But I love Defender, Quantum, Missle Command, Pac Man, and especially Lunar Lander. For people that have a house full of pins but need a quick late seventies/early eighties video game fix they are great. I just want more 'Mad Planets' or 'Lady Bug' or 'Astro Blaster'. I just want to set up and go... Spending other time making my Alien Poker pin spinner lubed and spinning the best it can.

#1060 5 years ago
download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#1061 5 years ago

It's too bad that licensing came through faster for Mortal Kombat 2/3/4 in other countries than in the states
acd-001-z (resized).jpgacd-001-z (resized).jpg

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's too bad that licensing came through faster for Mortal Kombat 2/3/4 in other countries than in the states
[quoted image]

That picture been out for months and I was under the impression it was just a mock up. Also seen pics of cocktail 1ups with split screens.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That picture been out for months and I was under the impression it was just a mock up. Also seen pics of cocktail 1ups with split screens.

Why wait for Wallmart $150 ??

I'm not one for preorders, but send your money now!

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=PRE-ACD-001&type=223&code_lg=lg_us&num=42#.XBGLueJ7mUk

0k8fqq67sle11 (resized).jpg0k8fqq67sle11 (resized).jpg
#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if they’d send out a sticker for the marquee if you complain that it’s damaged. Stick it onto some plastic, put some leds behind it and boom, you’ve got a light up marquee.

There ya go! Send them an email and do one yourself even

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

The lexan has protective wrap on both sides. Joystick has to be removed . I had blue loc tite on mine. Used vice grips and a cloth .
Looks same as a playfield protector. Shiny. Thanks Arcade 1 up.
[quoted image]

How's the fitment around the buttons and switches? Normally, they'd mount over the plexi.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I doubt they would. Probably send you the whole marquee and make you ship the old one back. You can however get a custom sized marquee on eBay for around 15 bucks and an led strip for around 10. That's the route i went for the backlit marquee.
20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

How's the fitment around the buttons and switches? Normally, they'd mount over the plexi.

I’m happy with it. Here’s some pic. You might be pickier than me...

43EE3112-13F7-4B5B-8EA4-1A9BAFD6298C (resized).jpeg43EE3112-13F7-4B5B-8EA4-1A9BAFD6298C (resized).jpeg7D8DC4A3-3327-4C81-830F-214F08E2CC1B (resized).jpeg7D8DC4A3-3327-4C81-830F-214F08E2CC1B (resized).jpegEB04F5B1-D4D3-4E69-A416-8AE67CCE1474 (resized).jpegEB04F5B1-D4D3-4E69-A416-8AE67CCE1474 (resized).jpeg
#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I received my SF2 overlay plus extra art overlay today...not even 10 days after I sent them an email! I haven’t even opened up this box as it’s a Christmas gift for my 6 year old....sent them an email with just my mailing address. Pretty trusting!

I sent the request all at once for the 4 I have, but only have gotten SF2 by itself with the extra art, which came about 7 or 8 days later. Still waiting for the other 3.

#1069 5 years ago

Actually, just checked in front of my garage and the board is here for Rampage/Gauntlet. Now just waiting on three protectors

#1070 5 years ago

Christ. I'm almost at 6 weeks since calling. Maybe i need to call again.

#1071 5 years ago

Looks like the Mortal Kombat holdup is Steve Ritchie wants $10,000,000 for the rights to his voice of Shao Kahn

Finish Him !!!

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Brilliant!
Now who will be the first to try this with an Ultimarc spinner on Tempest?

I probably won't be the first but I am going to do it. There should be no reason it wouldn't work now that I have a USB port to plug into. But I did adjust Tempest on the factory spinner and made a big difference. It also did save the settings when I powered it off and back on. The USB mod made the game much more enjoyable being able to tweak all the settings.

#1073 5 years ago

There are a bunch of YouTube hacks that were posted today. Add a usb dongle to the board. Attach a keyboard. And boom, extra games and Mame settings.
Hopefully they figure out usb ROM support.

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I probably won't be the first but I am going to do it. There should be no reason it wouldn't work now that I have a USB port to plug into. But I did adjust Tempest on the factory spinner and made a big difference. It also did save the settings when I powered it off and back on. The USB mod made the game much more enjoyable being able to tweak all the settings.

Great! I look forward to hearing of your experience with a real spinner.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

There are a bunch of YouTube hacks that were posted today. Add a usb dongle to the board. Attach a keyboard. And boom, extra games and Mame settings.
Hopefully they figure out usb ROM support.

Anyone try the usb mod on an asteroids cab?

I'm curious if you could get all the 12 in 1 games on on the less expensive asteroids cab. I know you'd need to add the trackball but I was planning on doing that as an upgrade anyways.

#1076 5 years ago

I was thinking of getting pacman (Galaga not available in Canada.. stupid), then gutting it. putting in a 19" monitor into it, along with a computer and running MAME for games that use vertical orientation.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

I was thinking of getting pacman (Galaga not available in Canada.. stupid), then gutting it. putting in a 19" monitor into it, along with a computer and running MAME for games that use vertical orientation.

Honestly, and i think these cabs are cool...buy an empty arcade cab and spend the $$$ saved on better quality controls.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Honestly, and i think these cabs are cool...buy an empty arcade cab and spend the $$$ saved on better quality controls.

Ya, I almost agree, unless you are tied to that form factor arcade 1up has, there are multiple flat pack cabinets or even taking a old game and gutting it may be a better option for the robustness?

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, I almost agree, unless you are tied to that form factor arcade 1up has, there are multiple flat pack cabinets or even taking a old game and gutting it may be a better option for the robustness?

True, it is the form factor i like. I have limited real estate and an Arcade 1up is a good size. I already have a bartop MAME system (which is great but vertical games are confined to a smaller area). So that's what is keeping me from pulling the trigger on this as tempting as it is..

#1080 5 years ago

Mk4? That seems odd.

#1081 5 years ago

It actually could be pure genius to secretly put those extra games in memory.

They are not officially selling or licensing them.

But all the hacker kids can turn them on for free - hacker value added .

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Or they might get in trouble with the license owner.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Someone has to figure out how to add them to the menu, or else always having to have a keyboard hooked up

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Someone has to figure out how to add them to the menu, or else always having to have a keyboard hooked up

Someone will.

#1085 5 years ago

The fact that the games are installed, probably means that there is a routine written to enable them in the menu.

Or I'm sure someone will write a macro button combo

#1086 5 years ago

To the brilliant hackers out there, please figure out how toadd Marble Madness and Star Trek to the deluxe model.

Edit: with the original hardware. I’m not interested in using the pi.

#1087 5 years ago

Looks like Centipede has breakout and Liberator built in as hidden games.

#1088 5 years ago

I'm sure everyone remembers those strange little Satellite boxes.

They worked for getting all the free sat channels around the world, but you could change the firmware and get every DirecTV station and PPV for free.

Hacker added value.

#1089 5 years ago

Received my control panel protector and new artwork today for my 12 in 1. Requested it on 11/26.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Received my control panel protector and new artwork today for my 12 in 1. Requested it on 11/26.

Got mine as well. Requested it on 11/1. I'm a little annoyed that the fitment is less than stellar. Oh well, i guess. Its better than nothing.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Got mine as well. Requested it on 11/1. I'm a little annoyed that the fitment is less than stellar. Oh well, i guess. Its better than nothing.

Do they cost $$$?

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do they cost $$$?

No they don't. Are you implying that i shouldn't be annoyed because they are free? Because the game i put it on, with the faulty CP wasn't free.

#1093 5 years ago

Do they cost $$$?

Quoted from Jason43:

No they don't. Are you implying that i shouldn't be annoyed because they are free? Because the game i put it on, with the faulty CP wasn't free.

IMG_5195.GIFIMG_5195.GIF
#1094 5 years ago

This guy on youtube is working on a better inexpensive spinner for the 12 in 1, supposed to be like an arcade spinner but he designed it to replace the crappy one in the arcade 1 up. I put mine together, not bad but cant stand the spinner it feels like a rheostat that clicks when you turn it. The ball isnt horrible could use a little oil and maybe it will spin a bit better.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Um, no. I have a SF coming and wanted to know how to order one. Should've asked the poster above, I guess.

#1096 5 years ago

Um, no. I have a SF coming and wanted to know how to order one. Should've asked the poster above, I guess.

http://arcade1upstore.com/

#1097 5 years ago

Ah, sorry man. Shoot their customer service email and they'll tell you what to do.

#1098 5 years ago

Take the control panel apart when you receive it and clear laminate the art... there’s a roll of clear laminate on amazon that will work well... I did both rampage and sf2 in about 20 minutes each

No more stupid raised cp protector

Clear Vinyl Self-Adhesive... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759SV64G

#1099 5 years ago

Weren't they going to ship the games with a protector already installed? Are they still going through the old inventory?

#1100 5 years ago

Starting to show up on Facebook marketplace.

1up (resized).JPG1up (resized).JPG
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/22?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.