• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 63.
#1001 5 years ago

SFII is now set up.
It only took:
1 Gerber Gov. Issued Multi Tool
1 Bottle of White Walker (cold)
and 30mics to set this little cab together.
It’s not the same as your standard Jamma rendering cabinet, but it’s a novelty for the holidays.
One tip:
Do not use power tools to set this one up, it’s very temperamental.
Waiting on keypad overlay that was called in to 1up. D49523D2-4C08-44A6-81AE-F12B18DAC16D (resized).jpegD49523D2-4C08-44A6-81AE-F12B18DAC16D (resized).jpeg6D3FA746-DB2D-4D1A-BC9C-A39F5C9709D1 (resized).jpeg6D3FA746-DB2D-4D1A-BC9C-A39F5C9709D1 (resized).jpeg4B1E5498-E385-4685-B716-6FBCAA577F45 (resized).jpeg4B1E5498-E385-4685-B716-6FBCAA577F45 (resized).jpeg7AC15438-4B79-4FFF-A79E-1D088BBF6B2F (resized).jpeg7AC15438-4B79-4FFF-A79E-1D088BBF6B2F (resized).jpeg1C758CEA-B832-46C0-8953-5AAAD993256B (resized).jpeg1C758CEA-B832-46C0-8953-5AAAD993256B (resized).jpeg37C1CF4B-5D67-4496-ACB4-0EFC37C6FABA (resized).jpeg37C1CF4B-5D67-4496-ACB4-0EFC37C6FABA (resized).jpeg2869E8A0-C1FD-432D-B25E-F689FBD23155 (resized).jpeg2869E8A0-C1FD-432D-B25E-F689FBD23155 (resized).jpeg

#1002 5 years ago

These are garbage. Do NOT BUY. seriously. Eitherget the games in computer ir a video game system, or just buy an actual arcade. These are cheap and poor quality.

#1003 5 years ago

These are Not garbage, well built and a lot of fun to play. If you enjoy arcade games of yesterday, these are for you. Well priced and looks great. The licensed artwork alone is worth it on the cabinet , bezel art control panel. I have 4 of them and play them everyday. Playing these games on a computer with hand held controllers sucks, no thank you. I have ALL of the classic games on my playstation. Sure they look the same on the monitor , but totally different gaming experience. The way these machines lights up my gameroom, next to my row of pins is awesome. No Nintendo on a TV screen can pull that off. You can keep your 30 year old termite infested , 300 pound cabinets, with rotting bases, scratched artwork and unreliable computer boards. I will play my , wife approved, brand new games any day , thank you.

#1004 5 years ago

I've been looking around for a stool to go with my Pacman cab. Anybody recommend something sturdy that wont break the bank?

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These are garbage. Do NOT BUY. seriously. Eitherget the games in computer ir a video game system, or just buy an actual arcade. These are cheap and poor quality.

1000 posts into the topic and you think you’ll deter anyone from buying these? Most people that have bought one seem pleased with it. These little machines are not for everyone (we decided that over 750 posts ago) but they’re perfect for some people.

#1006 5 years ago

Arcade1up confirmed Mortal Kombat (1, 2,3?) is slated to be released for March 1st.

#1007 5 years ago

Mortal Kombat is a great game for these machines. Most MAME cabinets have a 6 button layout, that doesn’t work well with mortal Kombat.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Arcade1up confirmed Mortal Kombat (1, 2,3?) is slated to be released for March 1st.

If I had to guess it will have MK2 and MK3. Maybe even include both 2 versions (MK3 and UMK3) so you feel like you are getting more for your money. I don't think MK4 can be emulated correctly with the board they are using and they will probably do a separate MK1 release all by itself, kinda how they didn't put Ms. Pac-man in the Pac-man one.

#1009 5 years ago

ADCB06CE-C009-4A68-AE21-B1467EFEE0EC.jpegADCB06CE-C009-4A68-AE21-B1467EFEE0EC.jpeg74739161-E2BB-4114-BC85-7AA00D6A4033.jpeg74739161-E2BB-4114-BC85-7AA00D6A4033.jpegAC5AC97F-28EA-48BE-9C5D-971AA25246BE.jpegAC5AC97F-28EA-48BE-9C5D-971AA25246BE.jpegBF083BE6-F6B4-4802-BBE6-48E6D73D4723.jpegBF083BE6-F6B4-4802-BBE6-48E6D73D4723.jpegSpotted a few move charts for SFII. Not the best quality, but it’s a start towards pouring on the combo hurt.
Does anyone know where to get some better quality PDFs I can print? Thx

#1010 5 years ago

The most important, and true, words in this entire thread!

As soon as my wife saw these she said, "Oh, we can get one of those!"

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I've been looking around for a stool to go with my Pacman cab. Anybody recommend something sturdy that wont break the bank?

if you are near an ikea this stool is cheap as it gets and is a good height if you aren't using the riser. If you are the DIY type this would be a good stool to mod a custom seat cushion/board on with a custom logo or something.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10135659/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI96isjPeQ3wIVBESGCh2otAkREAQYASABEgIWRfD_BwE

#1012 5 years ago

FYI, a guy has figured out how to interface with the original boards in these and is making progress on figuring out the software and setup. So far he's found the USB interface so you can add a USB port and hook up a keyboard and adjust settings on the 12 in 1. There's also a 13th game on the 12 in 1 (Super Breakout) but he hasn't been able to add it to the menu. The 12 in 1 runs on MAME, the SFII appears to use a custom emulator.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a02870/hack_original_board_not_just_replace_w_pietc/

It will be cool if we can modify or make adjustments to the stock board. I'm looking forward to being able to adjust the trackball and spinner sensitivity on my 12 in 1.

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

The most important, and true, words in this entire thread!
As soon as my wife saw these she said, "Oh, we can get one of those!"

Different strokes.....

When my wife first saw the Galaga/Galaxian cabinet, she turned to me and asked quite seriously, "Are they kidding with this thing?" They look and feel like toys and seem completely out of place when sitting next to a commercial piece of gaming equipment.

However, I hope they are successful and sell a million of them.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Different strokes.....
When my wife first saw the Galaga/Galaxian cabinet, she turned to me and asked quite seriously, "Are they kidding with this thing?" They look and feel like toys and seem completely out of place when sitting next to a commercial piece of gaming equipment.
However, I hope they are successful and sell a million of them.

It sounds like your wife appreciates real arcade cabs, which is awesome. Most wives... don't.

Obviously these are toys and not meant as a replacement for the real thing for those who are into it. But honestly, once you put it on the riser, it looks like a cabaret cab. The art looks nice. In my opinion it doesn't look out of place at all.

I have two pins and hoping to add a third. I'm just into pinball more than I'm into vids. So for vids, this thing will suffice just fine, and the wife likes that it's inexpensive and easy to move around, and doesn't have any issues associated with old cabs.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

They look and feel like toys

Your wife has a keen eye.

They are indeed toys!

#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Mortal Kombat is a great game for these machines. Most MAME cabinets have a 6 button layout, that doesn’t work well with mortal Kombat.

Agreed, I am down for one of these on day 1. I have a original Ms Pac cab with Trackball and spinner and 3 buttons, so a MK cab would be the perfect compliment. It might be worth putting a R-PI into it if it doesn't ship with MK1-MK3U. Hell, I could just go nuts and throw one of my old trickle down gaming rigs into it and run the new MK11.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

FYI, a guy has figured out how to interface with the original boards in these and is making progress on figuring out the software and setup. So far he's found the USB interface so you can add a USB port and hook up a keyboard and adjust settings on the 12 in 1. There's also a 13th game on the 12 in 1 (Super Breakout) but he hasn't been able to add it to the menu. The 12 in 1 runs on MAME, the SFII appears to use a custom emulator.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a02870/hack_original_board_not_just_replace_w_pietc/
It will be cool if we can modify or make adjustments to the stock board. I'm looking forward to being able to adjust the trackball and spinner sensitivity on my 12 in 1.

Oh please give me dipswitches on SF2

#1018 5 years ago

I finally found a riser in an area Walmart. (They've been sold out everywhere). People were complaining about the build quality of those, but IMO, they are solid! I added some wood glue to the dowels and that thing is rock solid. It would take some time to construct this on your own. Plus I like the A1U branding on n the front.

20181208_192346 (resized).jpg20181208_192346 (resized).jpg
#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

These are hard on the rear but would go well with Pac-man if it's not on the riser.

https://www.recroommasters.com/cocktail-arcade-stools-p/rm-arc-stools.htm

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

If we could adjust the sensitivity, would they be saved after turning the machine off?

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I have 2 drummers stools for my multicade. They're not too expensive, have cushion and are adjustable. Something like these...
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Mapex/Round-Top-Lightweight-Drum-Throne.gc

Also, I can confirm based on personal experience and talking with 3 Wal-Mart managers that everything in this video is accurate.

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Also, I can confirm based on personal experience and talking with 3 Wal-Mart managers that everything in this video is accurate.

So those managers lowered the price to $148 for you?

What zip code?

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What zip code?

Which region of the country is moving the most product?

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Which region of the country is moving the most product?

Probably Florida.

It has the lowest average IQ in the country.

#1025 5 years ago

I have 2 drummers stools for my multicade. They're not too expensive, have cushion and are adjustable. Something like these...
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Mapex/Round-Top-Lightweight-Drum-Throne.gc

That guy is ridiculous. He has zero idea wtf he is talking about. He’s never tried one, he doesn’t know how Walmart sells product. And just claims “people” told me. “Lots of people”, “lots of Walmart’s”. No, he just wants views for his YT.

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What zip code?

No. Some stores have these discounted to $149 but not by me yet. The Kohl's 12 in 1 is already down to $250 locally. Even at $149 I'd pass. I don't care for the build quality, cheap displays and the height even with the riser is just not for me. I will say Missile Command and Tempest are really tempting. Kinda surprised that a lot of Pinsiders like these considering how anal most of us are about our games. I'm much happier spending more $ and getting something that's made with a bit more commercial feel to it. I love Doc's beverage cooler idea. Fantastic!

#1027 5 years ago

Kinda surprised that a lot of Pinsiders like these considering how anal most of us are about our games.

Speaking for myself, I'm anal about my pinball machines. Not video games. This is just something that fits the theme of my game room and takes up very little space. I'll probably get rid of it after a year or so.

Since this is a pinball forum, I'd guess that there are others who feel the same way.

#1028 5 years ago

Also, tempest is an awesome game and I'm having a blast with it. But I wouldn't buy one if that game is your main draw, because you'll be very disappointed in the spinner

#1029 5 years ago

and the height even with the riser is just not for me.

The riser brings the controls up to standard arcade height.

If you are really tall (like me) you could build a 2x riser and have the controls 12" higher than they were at the arcade.

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If we could adjust the sensitivity, would they be saved after turning the machine off?

According to the guy that is doing the hacking, yes.

#1031 5 years ago

Thought I'd check local Craigslist to see if anyone has any of these out there. Was curious if anyone was trying to unload it after finding out it's not what they thought it'd be. Found this guy who's hoping no one knows what it is. $650 for the 12-in-1. Plus he'll "Throw in" the riser for another $50. He's even sealed the paint on the control panel so that you can spend hours playing it without chipping it.

Not that I want to see someone spend $650 on it, but would love for someone to buy it and refuse the extra $50 riser, cause what use is it to him after the games gone?

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#1032 5 years ago

He'd still be ahead of the game and could just throw away the riser and be in the green

#1033 5 years ago

Kinda surprised that a lot of Pinsiders like these considering how anal most of us are about our games. I'm much happier spending more $ and getting something that's made with a bit more commercial feel to it.

It's actually not that suprising. When you spend 5k on a new toy you expect a lot more than 300 bucks.

#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

According to the guy that is doing the hacking, yes.

Would love to be able to add an aftermarket spinner and be able to tweak the sensitivity.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Would love to be able to add an aftermarket spinner and be able to tweak the sensitivity.

Someone added an alitmarc but not sure on the emulators settings

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Someone added an alitmarc but not sure on the emulators settings

I’ve seen the one on YouTube. The guy did the calibration by making his own optical disc. I am hoping to avoid that headache.

#1037 5 years ago

Had the chance to play one of these yesterday at Walmart. The Street Fighter version. Complete junk, broken button, joystick sticky, paint worn off and way to small to actually enjoy. No wonder they are slashing prices already.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I’ve seen the one on YouTube. The guy did the calibration by making his own optical disc. I am hoping to avoid that headache.

True, that is the big diy project. Rather have more of a plug n play.

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Here's how to add the USB port that will let you hook up a keyboard and adjust sensitivity:
https://imgur.com/gallery/9J77bht

He specifically mentions the trackball in the write up, but same should apply to the spinner. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Here's how to add the USB port that will let you hook up a keyboard and adjust sensitivity:
He specifically mentions the trackball in the write up, but same should apply to the spinner. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

What?! Yaaaaa! That’s awesome!!!!!

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Brilliant!

Now who will be the first to try this with an Ultimarc spinner on Tempest?

#1042 5 years ago

Thanks for posting!

Quoted from stangbat:

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Brilliant!

I asked the guy (RepairCelt) on YT, he even tried, but had a failed board.

"RepairCelt

Oh, the chance is very high. So high that I tried it yesterday. Unfortunately, something went wrong with my board at some point and it will no longer power up.

I don't think it was the mod itself that killed it. Might be somethibg in the way I handled the board.

I was very excited to be able access the sensitivity settings and Quantum was the game I was most interested in adjusting. But, it was not meant to be."

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Brilliant!

If you're going to that much effort, just swap in an rPI. That's what I'm planning for my 12-in-1. Just need to figure out how that spinner talks to the rPI.

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Oh that's funny: it's running MAME. I saw on the menus of the Playstation Classic, the hidden emulation menu looks just like the ones on my 10 year old Dingoo A320(the left-justified text menu)

#1046 5 years ago

Galaga protector finally came. Surprised it comes with optimal deck art. Was expecting just a clear protector .

AFF5DC3F-7D0B-4326-A1C0-CC3EE2BAC024 (resized).jpegAFF5DC3F-7D0B-4326-A1C0-CC3EE2BAC024 (resized).jpeg
#1047 5 years ago
80065E9D-242F-4097-B89F-4DD246787ACC (resized).jpeg80065E9D-242F-4097-B89F-4DD246787ACC (resized).jpeg
#1048 5 years ago

The lexan has protective wrap on both sides. Joystick has to be removed . I had blue loc tite on mine. Used vice grips and a cloth .
Looks same as a playfield protector. Shiny. Thanks Arcade 1 up.

3036D15B-FF5A-4B1C-A5EC-DCEC4F2A6F0B (resized).jpeg3036D15B-FF5A-4B1C-A5EC-DCEC4F2A6F0B (resized).jpeg
#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Galaga protector finally came. Surprised it comes with optimal deck art. Was expecting just a clear protector .
[quoted image]

Nice! How long ago did you request it?

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/21?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.