• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 63.
#951 5 years ago

Thanks Fizz. That’s kind of what I needed to know. I think for the price and if these games play arcade correct then the 12 in 1 is a good buy with the riser at $248. I used to have a ton of arcades but thinned the herd as I got more into pins. Still have a PAC-man, Galaga, and Donky King so I think this one is all I would need.

#952 5 years ago

Lots of reports on Reddit of these not selling all that well at Walmart and being discounted, sometimes heavily. They are being discounted at some stores in the metro area around me, but nothing really close to me.

Brickseek links if you want to check:

Pacman:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=792203275

Galaga:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=595505982

Asteroids:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=828150107

Street Fighter
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377

Rampage:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=114274755

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Pacman:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=792203275
Galaga:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=595505982
Asteroids:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=828150107
Street Fighter
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377
Rampage:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=114274755

Sold out at almost every store around me.

#954 5 years ago

Was in my local walmart today and they had a couple pac-man games and were $299.

Not marking them down here locally.

#955 5 years ago

Pacman and Galaga are both $199 in Harrisburg, PA.

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pacman and Galaga are both $199 in Harrisburg, PA.

The one at Mushroom Hill Road?

#957 5 years ago

Last night local walmart had all of them. But no discount.

*EDIT. But looking at brick seek, looks like a Walmart 30 mins away has them all for $200. (Avon IN 46123)

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The one at Mushroom Hill Road?

The ghetto one by Rutherford.

#959 5 years ago

Still full price $299 at Orchard Road Walmart location in Montgomery, Ill....They seem to be moving 1-2 a day this week at this price. 2 Drop pallets of games on sales floor near electronics section.

#960 5 years ago

Ran out to Walmart this evening to pick up a Switch for my nephew.

They have 6 pallets each of Galaga and Pacman with each pallet stacked around 5' high. There certainly is no shortage of these toys.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Last night local walmart had all of them. But no discount.
*EDIT. But looking at brick seek, looks like a Walmart 30 mins away has them all for $200. (Avon IN 46123)

same here. all 3 local wal-marts have them (minus rampage - the one i want) but none of them are discounted.

but there are heavily discounted ones at wal-marts 70ish miles away in small towns. very confusing.

#962 5 years ago

Got my Pac-Man finally. For a micro switch joystick, it's pretty responsive. Only issue I had with my machine was a few holes for the monitor mounts didn't line up (I just tapped my own) and a dark spot on the LCD with a few junk pixels. Overall I'm happy. Waiting for my free overlay to arrive.

20181130_211816 (resized).jpg20181130_211816 (resized).jpg20181201_161817 (resized).jpg20181201_161817 (resized).jpg
#963 5 years ago

Don't forget, you guys can put the same Mylar down that we use on our pins - you don't have to wait for an overlay....

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

but there are heavily discounted ones at wal-marts 70ish miles away in small towns. very confusing.

Not confusing at all. Small towns = poorer = people aren't buying $300 Ikea boxes when they can get a tablet or console for same price.

When Rock Band came out you couldn't find any in Madison. So I drove to a small town Wal-Mart and presto there they were!

Clearance is a local thing. Just because it's not selling in one location doesn't mean it can't sell. There's a whole cottage industry called "Retail arbitrage" where people buy stuff on clearance then send to Amazon for resale. If you've ever noticed a longer barcode sticker placed over the original that's where it came from.

#965 5 years ago

I used those brickseek links above and one of the arcades was $50 less than the rest but only at 1 Walmart near me. There are 4 Walmart’s within 30 min.....

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not confusing at all. Small towns = poorer = people aren't buying $300 Ikea boxes when they can get a tablet or console for same price.

Exactly.

A few weeks before Elvis died, RCA printed 25,000 copies of his new Moody Blue album in thick clear blue vinyl; then printed the next run in black vinyl. (latter they did another run of blue, but thinner)

The moment he died, everybody bought all the blue ones. They became instant collectors items, fetching $100-200 each.

I went into the Black parts of town and was still finding the blue discs in many of the shops.

elvis_-_moody_blue_0711 (resized).jpgelvis_-_moody_blue_0711 (resized).jpg
#967 5 years ago

I’m seeing the riser for $39 now. Wasn’t it $49 when it was launched?

#968 5 years ago

Any idea on the cost of materials for one of these?

What's the markup?

#969 5 years ago

If stores are left with massive amounts of inventory, look for these to get dropped around early February. I cannot imagine why a manager would have gone as low as $75 prior to Christmas.........just foolish, if not criminal, but I think we will see a lot of places go out at $150.

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If stores are left with massive amounts of inventory, look for these to get dropped around early February. I cannot imagine why a manager would have gone as low as $75 prior to Christmas.........just foolish, if not criminal .

2 pallets of arcade1ups, stacked in the isle, that are not selling, are losing money for wallmart.

Better to get rid of them, and use the space for items that are selling briskly

Wallmart had these grills on clearance for $99-149 regular $1200 , just to make room for the Christmas stuff.
ba189aba-0079-40d5-a403-95cf2c318dd8_1.a395c3cd7baea158c2dfea08a53647e3 (resized).jpegba189aba-0079-40d5-a403-95cf2c318dd8_1.a395c3cd7baea158c2dfea08a53647e3 (resized).jpeg

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Any idea on the cost of materials for one of these?
What's the markup?

I would like to know as well. Here is a wild Guess/Estimate from China
Bare 17" Lcd M170ETN01.1 - 90.00
pcb board -30
game license for Roms and artwork- 25.00
cabinet with artwork 40.00
Control buttons/joystick wire-15.00
power supply-10.00
Packaging-15.00
Total 225.00 Walmart price 240?
This would be China bulk price. For an individual to make this it would be double or triple.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

I would like to know as well. Here is a wild Guess/Estimate from China
Bare 17" Lcd M170ETN01.1 - 90.00
pcb board -30
game license for Roms and artwork- 25.00
cabinet with artwork 40.00
Control buttons/joystick wire-15.00
power supply-10.00
Packaging-15.00
This would be China bulk price. For an individual to make this it would be double or triple.

Hahaha. Where did ya come up with those prices? They’re not paying retail price for their parts. My guess is less then 1/2 of your prices.

#973 5 years ago

Yeah those prices are too high. There is zero chance that LCD was anywhere near $90.

#974 5 years ago

I strongly doubt Walmart is paying over $150-$175 for these. Which means cost to 1up is probably in the neighborhood of $75...which may even be a bit high.

#975 5 years ago

Thes only three left at the “Tech Center” WalMart south of Denver.
All three looked like returns as the boxes were re-taped.
$299

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Take retail price and divide by 3.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Take retail price and divide by 3.

Decent rule. Walmart only wants to sell if it has X profit for them. They are a shitty retailer to put product in if you have tight margins.....

#978 5 years ago

For something like the 1up Arcade the space they take on the shelf is the biggest liability.

At $300 might seem like a lucrative item... but you could stock 20 $300 tablets in the same amount of space

#979 5 years ago

I dont think size is an issue , as these cabinets are packed pretty tight and un-assembled in a flat box. They had a pallet with about 20 games stacked in two rows ( 6K in retail ). Sure there are small items that can be expensive, like jewelry, but other things like bicycles take up a lot of room on the retail floor. Yesterday they had a pallet of 3 dollar candles taking up major space.

#980 5 years ago

I didn't see any in AZ for less than $299, but that's OK, I'm still happy with the purchase. Of course I intend to upgrade the controls on both cabinets I have, so maybe I'm not the intended target audience (or am I?.....). I already have a full size emulator cabinet, but converting the Street Fighter 2 cabinet to an RPI setup just seemed like a fun/easy project. I suck at woodworking, so the premade cabinet with the artwork was just right for me. Going to try some Seimitsu LS-32 sticks since they look a bit easier to mount to the existing control panel. The Happ sticks I have would have needed a decent amount of dremel action to avoid interfering with the buttons next to it. Also looking forward to putting a quality spinner in the deluxe 12-in-1 cabinet next to it once I finish the SF2 cabinet. Major Havoc is my fave game on that one

IMG_2046 (resized).jpgIMG_2046 (resized).jpg
#981 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I dont think size is an issue , as these cabinets are packed pretty tight and un-assembled in a flat box. They had a pallet with about 20 games stacked in two rows ( 6K in retail ). Sure there are small items that can be expensive, like jewelry, but other things like bicycles take up a lot of room on the retail floor. Yesterday they had a pallet of 3 dollar candles taking up major space.

I feel like these just replaced the Rock Band boxes anyways. So no major loss.

#982 5 years ago

YouTube channel 'cooltoy' just reported a Mortal Kombat cabinet release March 1st. Which MK games it will include is yet to be known.

#983 5 years ago

Anyone in the Capital Region can take a quick drive over the border & save $150...

9DFF1508-D2EE-416D-BA97-7F46BD21B708 (resized).jpeg9DFF1508-D2EE-416D-BA97-7F46BD21B708 (resized).jpeg
#984 5 years ago

Mortal Combat edition coming on March 1st.

Edit: sorry, just noticed post above that beat me to this.

#985 5 years ago

I tried the Pac-Man earlier this evening that was setup at the Walmart I was at.

It’s smaller than I expected. I knew they weren’t full size, but damm...

Maybe it was just been me, but the joystick didn’t seem to respond as quick as it should. I don’t know it there was some sort of lag, or if I was just extremely rusty.

Original arcade cabinets were built like tanks. These look like after a few good bumps they will probably fall apart.

But...the temptation is there to pick one up after the holidays (and the clearance sales are at full strength) and just transplant some of the parts into a normal cabinet with a few control upgrades....

#986 5 years ago

March is so far away

#987 5 years ago

Give me a 720 cabinet and it can have only one game

#988 5 years ago

I have put together 6 cabinets. The wood parts seem OK when you pull all the parts out of the box. But once you screw all the parts together , it really stiffens up and appears strong as a cabinet. At 63 lbs complete seems light weight , but all the weight is saved using an LCD screen, smaller cabinet and smaller boards. I recently bought the Galaga, Asteroids , PacMan and Centipede , all sitting on risers. I plan on making some lighting mods for these cabinets that will really enhance the look in a gameroom.

#989 5 years ago

Slapped a bunch of Arcade1up games together for a work party. I had 2 bases and built 3 in an hour from scrap wood. Everyone enjoyed them. Not Bad to move assembled games. About 20 minutes to get everything in the truck which is easier quicker than packing pins.

5421EF61-0D54-499B-82E4-7523FD43C934 (resized).jpeg5421EF61-0D54-499B-82E4-7523FD43C934 (resized).jpeg

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Original arcade cabinets were built like tanks. These look like after a few good bumps they will probably fall apart.

Original cabs were meant to be heavy and hard to steal.

The Arcade1up cabs were meant to be standard UPS shippable (just barely scrapes by size&weight)

Two very different design goals

#991 5 years ago

I was in South Houston (Hobby) and their Walmart had about 25 left on a pallet at $299

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I have put together 6 cabinets. The wood parts seem OK when you pull all the parts out of the box. But once you screw all the parts together , it really stiffens up and appears strong as a cabinet. At 63 lbs complete seems light weight , but all the weight is saved using an LCD screen, smaller cabinet and smaller boards. I recently bought the Galaga, Asteroids , PacMan and Centipede , all sitting on risers. I plan on making some lighting mods for these cabinets that will really enhance the look in a gameroom.

Looking forward to seeing your lighting mods!

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I used a synthetic oil called liquid bearings.

This stuff is great. I bought some to use on the trackball and on an antique wall clock. The clock hasn't worked for months despite my previous efforts to lubricate it. The clock has now been running for over 12 hours. Going to work on the trackball this afternoon. I expect good results.

I also lubed the motor bearings for a humidifier that I'd previously lubed about a month ago with silicone spray, and the wheel for my daughter's hedgehog. The humidifier motor spins faster now, and the hedgehog runs faster.

#995 5 years ago

12 in 1 at Kohls 350.00 plus Kohls cash.

a1ayt (resized).jpga1ayt (resized).jpg
#996 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

This stuff is great. I bought some to use on the trackball and on an antique wall clock. The clock hasn't worked for months despite my previous efforts to lubricate it. The clock has now been running for over 12 hours. Going to work on the trackball this afternoon. I expect good results.
I also lubed the motor bearings for a humidifier that I'd previously lubed about a month ago with silicone spray, and the wheel for my daughter's hedgehog. The humidifier motor spins faster now, and the hedgehog runs faster.

It is good stuff. I've rebuilt a couple clocks and used it for bearing oil. It's also great for servicing turntables.

#997 5 years ago

I would like this company make some sort of "pro" model that's full-size, with more games per cab. Hell, I'd be more than happy to pay double for that. Sure, other companies kinda sorta do this(with desktop cabs, etc), but their distribution(ie just drive to WalMart) can't be beat.

I wonder if we'll see an all-Sega one in the future.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I would like this company make some sort of "pro" model that's full-size, with more games per cab. Hell, I'd be more than happy to pay double for that.

Shipping alone would be $400.

It's got to be UPS shippable to be anywhere near this price point.

=

You can buy full sized arcade cabs with 60 or 144 games for ~$1400 to your door

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Shipping alone would be $400.
It's got to be UPS shippable to be anywhere near this price point.
=
You can buy full sized arcade cabs with 60 or 144 games for ~$1400 to your door

I would add, Chicago gaming has sold these home units for years....

#1000 5 years ago

For the kids...right on. For adults...my wife and I tried a multi at Scheels...it’s too close/small for adults. I’ll make my own. My wife wants a horizontal 19 in 1...prob a little more in a full size jamma, but I can handle that.

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/20?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.