• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

321 posts in this topic match your search for posts by vid1900. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

FILE UNDER: Crap You Don't Need

Walmart has these brand new Arcade Cabs with 2 to 4 games in each one. Build your own mini-arcade.

Note that even though it's free 2 day shipping, these don't ship until September.

Rampage $299

Includes:
Rampage
Gauntlet
Joust
Defender

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rampage-Arcade/114274755

-

Galaga $299

Includes:

Galaxian
Galaga

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Arcade/595505982

-
Centipede $299

Includes:
Centipede
Missle Command
Crystal Castle
Millipede

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Centipede-Arcade/617089098

-

Asteroids $299

Includes:
Asteroids
Major Havoc
Lunar Lander
Tempest

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Asteroids-Arcade/828150107

=
Street Fighter $299

Includes:
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II The New Challengers
Street Fighter II Turbo

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Fighter-2-Arcade-1up/994342377

0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.44d63346322348d6ab5fee320f65f582 (resized).png0a130918-474a-4dab-9520-ec54c4bc956a_9.44d63346322348d6ab5fee320f65f582 (resized).pngad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.428af0e4aab3e44a12b5d8c920772d16 (resized).pngad06a3a1-36b5-4250-8327-9023c25bf5b9_9.428af0e4aab3e44a12b5d8c920772d16 (resized).png
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just a heads up - these are very small. Not full size although I'm sure someone will be able to figure out how to hack them to play more than just those games!

They sell a riser if you want them full height.

#6 5 years ago

You could put all the horizontal games in one cab, and all the vertical monitor games in the other.

#7 5 years ago

Here it is with riser

kmm, (resized).jpgkmm, (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Booo.... no coindoor. Not a real arcade game.

They can't put coindoors on them because in many cities, it is illegal to have any coin-op devices in a home.

This is Walmart, remember....

#10 5 years ago

If you thought Ikea was bad....

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Question is what's the actual structure of it. Is it cheap paperboard like those prior home model games? I really like the cabaret-ish size.

I'm sure it's the same particle board like everything else that assembles with those wood dowels & cams at Ikea.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. What’s the reasoning behind it? Are they afraid someone is going to run an underground arcade out of their basement?

Yep.

Watch the movie "the space invaders", there is a guy that the city made him remove all coin-op from his house.

Walmart is in every city, so it could have been breaking the law by selling them without registration in some places.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Interesting concept. Curious as well on how hard it would be to add more games. Wonder if a jamma board would work in one.

As long as the board can drive a LCD monitor.

Old arcade games were 300 pounds of cabinet and CRT tube.

CRT tubes were as deep as they were wide, so that made for a deep cabinet to protect the glass neck.

Here, the game could be even thinner from front to back, because the LCD does not have much thickness.

A thin game cab could be made that would be anchored to the wall, preventing it from tipping over.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I got a sweet couch from IKEA. It was the best thing I could find for an upstairs living room. Nice price, comfy, and versatile.

It's all Ikea. I did the whole place for $47.....

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Just watched it on Youtube, is this the part you are referring to?

No.

The part where the city is removing the games from the garage, and the owner won't come out to appear on camera.

1 week later
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I've never understood needing ........... Centipede and Millipede in the same cab.

Millipede is the superior game, but normal people only recognize Centipede.

There are only a few Atari games that use the Trackball, so they had to use what they had.

If you gave people a choice of Marble Madness or Millipede, I'd say most would take Millipede; although I'd take Marble over Cent....

#123 5 years ago

You can see the guy pick up the whole game in the box.

Pam seems impressed

#162 5 years ago

If there is one thing Pinsiders are not good at, it's judging markets.

This product is not marketed towards someone who would build a MAME system. (Those people have already built one).

This product is not marketed towards someone would would allow a used 300 pound arcade cabinet in their living room (Often those cabs smell like cat piss on a hot day).

This product is not marketed towards someone who want's to search for months for a working Tempest, or parts to get one working.

This product is not marketed towards someone who needs a genuine WICO trackball to play Centipede with.

This product is not marketed towards someone who worries "Can I get my money back out of this when I sell it? I mean I took a 50% hit when I sold my Air Hockey!!!!"

-

This product is marketed towards someone who will just order it online and have it delivered tomorrow (@ 60 pounds, it's UPS shipable).

This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.

This product is marketed towards someone who is not going to want to do any maintenance like rebuilding joysticks or trackball encoders.

This product is marketed towards someone who want's to show their grandkids what "video games used to be like when I was young"

This product is marketed towards a single mom who can put it together herself, just like her Ikea stuff.

This product is marketed towards someone who might need their wife's approval .

This product is marketed towards someone with enough disposable income to buy it (Hey, it's cheaper than a cellphone), and never give a second thought about it's resale value.

CIMG1768 (resized).jpgCIMG1768 (resized).jpg
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

This product is marketed towards someone who want's a brand new game that does not smell like mold or urea.
-We buy used games 99% of the time so we like the piss smell or at least removing it from said cabinet-

Besides a few Bally games, pins are usually made of 99% plywood; so they only smell like cat piss if a cat actually pisses in it.

But old video games were made from particle board that was processed will urea, so on a hot humid day, you open your apartment door and yack.

Wait, golden TEE....? Wait, golden TEE....?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

but am also considering a jamma or mame cab that can do more of the games I really enjoy. Isn't the emulation on the jamma's buggy or is that just mame?

A JAMMA Box can have a few buggy games in it too.

But when you are getting 4000 games for $100, I guess you can forgive a few duds, lol

MAME is more for someone who knows about how to build a computer, the need for faster video cards, front ends, ect

JAMMA Box is a little more 'plug and play', but you are limited to the games that it comes with.
HTB1.D5cCDJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaT (resized).jpgHTB1.D5cCDJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaT (resized).jpg

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Limited number of games

I'm sure they did that on purpose.

Look at all those Atari Flashback consoles.

They could have put 1000 games in them, but instead they put a few in each one, so you have to keep buying them. Sometimes the game list overlaps, but "hey, now we have HDMI this time!!!"

My neighbor has probably 10 of those things, lol

250px-Atari_Flashback_3 (resized).jpg250px-Atari_Flashback_3 (resized).jpg
#229 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

I have to say, I'm surprised at the amount of interest in these things. The Tiny Arcades, sure...those are $15 novelties to put on a shelf. But calling these even 3/4 scale is pretty generous. They're closer to half scale. Even with the child sized control height though, the square footage saved over a full size cabinet is minimal.

It's just a silly toy.

People will come to your apartment, squeal out loud how they remember the games, and play it.

When you get tired of it, you can swap it with your friends or just carry it to the curb.

-

A real $700 MS. Pacman is a serious commitment.

1. It's 300 pounds of heavy. You can't get it delivered by UPS, or carry it to the curb yourself.

2. It looks old, the screen will be burnt, the joystick sloppy, the cab chipped, smells like piss or smoke (or both).

3. You have to search for the game you want. This takes a lot of effort compared to just ordering online. Unscrupulous sellers abound.

4. It has no warranty. The average person has NO idea what to do when the screen is blank. I charge $100/ hour for service calls + travel time. Most people would not know of any company to call.

5. You need to borrow or rent a truck to go pick it up.

6. It's a single game. Maybe you can find a Galaga/Ms Pac ($1000) and get two games.

7. You have to open the game up to turn the volume up for a party, or down to play at night.

8. You have to pull the game away from the wall to reach the power switch.

99% of all the people in the world will not want to do any of the above.

.0000000001% of single moms will want to do any of the above. (50% of moms are single, 55% in Mississippi)

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The power switch is on the top. Unless you are thinking about short people

Yes technically, but the very back of the top.

I just fixed the monitor for a guy who has it on a power strip because he can't reach the switch in the corner.

Bar owners would just leave it on 24/7 because the switch was in an impossible to reach location.

(at least pins had the switch up front so **sometimes** they would get turned off at night)

I know latter some of the cabs put the switch on the front, but for every one of those there are 100s of Gauntlet's with the most impossible switch location.

s-l16jj00 (resized).jpgs-l16jj00 (resized).jpg

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Most of that stuff is a stretch; a few things are wrong like the weight

The palatalized weight of a Ms. Pacman /Galaga machine is 350 pounds on the flyer.

The UPS guy is not bringing that up your apartment stairs, lol. (he's not bringing it even to your door, because it's WAY over the UPS weight limit).

Once off the pallet, you have 260 pounds, again that is too heavy for a single broad (hell it's heavy for me, and I used to route those things)

Quoted from Malenko:

and number of games in a reunion cab (regular pacman is on there too).

Sure, but how many people know the crazy up up up, down down down, left right left right left Start combo for the secret Pacman ? (I might even be wrong on that combo it's been so long)

Quoted from Malenko:

power switch issues,

Here is the power switch on the Gauntlet II that I mentioned. How wrong am I ???

How the Fnck can someone reach that switch???How the Fnck can someone reach that switch???

Quoted from Malenko:

I think honest criticism of the product is fine but these comparisons to real cabs seem disingenuous.

You just got to face the fact that the market for an old arcade game cab, and one of these new games are two VERY different things, LOL

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

. If you wanted to cite a heavy cab, a 3 player RevX is a boat anchor.

I was going to mention Moto Frenzy at probably 1200 lbs uncrated, but I figured you'd have a heart attack. Nobody ever stole one of those from me.

But anyway

If the Arcade Cab collector guys are all upset about the Arcade1up, then you know they are super magic; otherwise no one would care about single moms buying a $299 toy for their apartments.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This guy thinks that we’ll get a delux option for the riser. 18” instead of 13”.

Nice find.

The page say that Members pay $55 for it, so maybe your wives can earn points or something...

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/arcade1up-riser/5173058

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Can you link to this movie? I cant find it. Thanks

I'll see if I can upload the snippet to Youtube w/o them flagging it.

The city is removing the games, the guy won't come out to talk on camera (although the guy appears earlier in the film). I don't remember the guys name, but he's not very handsome, lol

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

The simple fact is that all of us here have coin op machines, and many of us quite a few of them, without any issues.

That is the reason that all the distributors and parts places sell blank coin doors.

There is a certain city near me that has zoning restrictions AND $540 a year license tags for all coin-op machines.

Even though the games were set to Free Play, even though I ran screws through the coin slots, the city said they had to be removed.

I put blank coin doors on them.

The ordnance officer had a frigging fit, but technically there was nothing he could do.

They only make them for one reason...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/09-9602
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#257 5 years ago

And now they make them in arcade sizes too:

61yBIwrOZHL._SL1138_ (resized).jpg61yBIwrOZHL._SL1138_ (resized).jpg
#260 5 years ago

Looks like some of the art is different now

3max (resized).jpg3max (resized).jpg
#292 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Check out this review. A few things pointed out about the quality. Looks like the front of cabinet is that cheap thin fiber board material.

Sounds like the reviewer loved it!

You could glue a 1/2" piece of MFD to the back of the thinner front panel if people are worried about break-ins

#295 5 years ago

This guy thinks that we’ll get a delux option for the riser. 18” instead of 13”.

Arcade1Up answered that there is NO deluxe riser.

They say that is a BB&B mistake and that the only riser is 12" tall.

sad.

#296 5 years ago

In wondering how easy it would be to have a light up marquee mod? When assembling the cabinet change that board for plexi. Add a light, wire it off the switch. Shouldn’t be to difficult

Should be easy.

Who is going to be the first person to send one of these to HEP ?

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

FYI for anyone interested, the deluxe model at frys.com is now available to order. Just ordered one myself. I was a bit torn on this whole thing, but figured, even if it sucks it’s not the end of the world, so I will roll the dice. Deluxe model comes with the riser, too.

https://www.frys.com/product/9649533

12 games, Riser, no tax (for most), free shipping $499

Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Major Havoc
Tempest
Missile Command
Quantum
Millipede
Liberator
Lunar Lander
Crystal Castles
Gravitar
Centipede

So if you were going to buy the Riser @$70 anyway, and you save the sales tax on both (-$21) it's like 8 extra games for $109 more ..... decisions, decisions....

9649533.01.big (resized).jpg9649533.01.big (resized).jpg9649533.02.big (resized).jpg9649533.02.big (resized).jpg
#299 5 years ago

https://www.liberator.com/ NSFW link

Shall we play a game?

#339 5 years ago

You guys are still missing where the market is for this thing.

The people buying this DON'T want to build a MAME.

They DON'T want a 40 year old game that will require new caps, switches and service.

They DON'T want anything that can't be ordered on line and delivered tomorrow from UPS.

-

Some of you guys should join the BBQ forums.

New Guy: I see Steve Reichlan showed one of those Masterbuilt smokers, I want one!
BBQ_King: Don't get a friggin' Masterbuilt electric smoker! That's not a real smoker, it's an appliance!!
New Guy: Yeah, I'm not making a living smoking ribs. I'll probably use it twice a month...
BBQK: You've got to cut a 50 gallon drum in half, then weld a cold box on the side. Get some Stainless vents from bbqmaster.com, and a draft ledge from coalboy.com, a 4 way temp probe controller from Stovemaster - but don't use their probes - you are going to want X-Probers for sure!
NG: I live in an apartment. It's got to be sensible for my lifestyle....
BBQK: Hey, get some 17" wheels from Granger and weld them to a stainless axle.
NG: My wife is not going to wan't a giant greasy smoker rolling in and out from the balcony....
BBQK: Hey, lot's of ladies wheel their own smoker around. Pitboss Patty, she lives in a one room shack and has no problem wrasslin' her smoker!
NG: That all sounds great, but I'm just asking if anyone here has tried a Masterbuilt Smoker.
BBQK: Every time you take a bite of brisket from that Masterbuilt, you are going to be wonderin' if a real smoker would be better.
Prawn_Krotch: Yep, around here on garbage night, you sometimes see a dozen or more of them there $300 Wallmart smokers out at the curb. That's money they could have spent on building a real smoker. Total waste...
NG: Ok, thanks guys, I guess...

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

For everyone who thought they had no more room for games in their house, but happen to have a crawl space...

My buddy Frodo got one, he says he does not even need the riser.

#359 5 years ago

It seems sucky that Galaga only comes with one other game, Galaxian.

You'd think they would have tossed you Satan's Hollow or Phoenix or something....

8a8536c3-1fc0-4ed2-a742-f9369557d74d_1.cf59b8329b5e0f694cc95ab7d149d114 (resized).jpeg8a8536c3-1fc0-4ed2-a742-f9369557d74d_1.cf59b8329b5e0f694cc95ab7d149d114 (resized).jpegd201cd75-452d-4b41-a202-f4dcbb2ba9d7_1.f20d42b5774ef5866094c2597cb1eba4 (resized).jpegd201cd75-452d-4b41-a202-f4dcbb2ba9d7_1.f20d42b5774ef5866094c2597cb1eba4 (resized).jpeg
#360 5 years ago
Di9oSqFUcAASXrH.jpg large (resized).jpgDi9oSqFUcAASXrH.jpg large (resized).jpg
#363 5 years ago

^ That's the Atari Flashback trick.

You got to keep buying them to get all the games.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I understand why they're doing this. To spread out titles as far as possible and sell as many $300 cabs as they can. But, it just seems kinda wasteful (all that particle board) when they could just make a Namco cab and include the most popular titles like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig Dug.

Think back in 1977 when we all bought Mattel Electronic Football for $59.99 ($260 in today's dollars)

Then a year latter we all bought Football II (or Coleco Head to Head if you had any friends).

oijio (resized).jpgoijio (resized).jpg
#368 5 years ago

Or think the Atari 2600 cost $199 ($870 in today's dollars)

And each cartage cost $49 ($215 in today's dollars)

The Pacman cartage sold for $59 and was one of the worst programed games of all time

So the Arcade1up seem to be a much better value as far as toys go.

maxrasdfesdefault (resized).jpgmaxrasdfesdefault (resized).jpg
#372 5 years ago

There were certainly some expensive games.

Remember the Swordquest games where you would win some real-life gold swords or something; those games cost $50, and were selling for full retail in 1982.

Then there were the games like SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNAKE, that sold for $7.99 seemingly right at introduction, and you said to yourself "How bad could it be?". Bad.

swordqst (resized).jpgswordqst (resized).jpg
#375 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Back in the early 2000's I found a bunch of NOS Atari games at a dollar store for $.50 each. Still in the original wrapper. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a single one. At the time, I thought, "I don't have an Atari, what would I do with these?"

Wow, that would have been a goldmine!

I only have one still wrapped game, a Pacman with a Sears price sticker of $59.99 on it, got it for $4 at a garage sale.

I only bought a few games for my 2600.

I had an EPROM burner for the pins, so I would just burn the games.

There was a ring of 2600 pirates down the street that were selling "Any game, $15" in totally black cartridges with just a number on them, so they had images for just about anything you had ever heard of.

I'd fix their broken systems and joysticks, they'd keep me supplied with every title.

I bet everyone remembers these carts with the ZIF socket on them:

564f7b8db7839_161347b (resized).jpg564f7b8db7839_161347b (resized).jpg
#376 5 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I wish I could find an ad for Phantasy Star for the SMS, I remember it being $79.99 in Toys R Us.

That ad was for the 4 switch VCS that appeared in ~1980

The $199 original has 6 switches on the front.

It seems odd nowadays that a video game system could have been actually built in California, lol

(I remember when I read that the Moto X cellphone was made in the USA, and I was like "Wait, what????")

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from marcand:On a less optimistic note: the 60in1 multicade market is going to have to drop their prices to match or get way closer their price

The first company that makes a 60in1 board with native connectors for the Arcade1up cab - wins!

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Maybe these 299 cabs will get people into collecting other video games.

I hope not.

Used game prices are too high already.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those still work today. I doubt these things will be working in 10 years, let alone 35.

Bitrot has killed some of my cartridges, and there are 2 caps that often die on the VCS.

These are just toys for wealthy people, lol

They are not built to military or even coin-op specs.....sheesh.

#399 5 years ago

If these become popular, some Chinese company on Ali Express is going to make a 60 in one board that will snap right into the existing Arcade1up ribbon cables.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These are CHEAP electronics. They're not built to last.

Do I worry that my Nintendo Switch is not built to last?

Do worry that I have two Playstation 1 that have dead drives in them?

These are toys

^read the above again^

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I GET that. I'm just saying that the 2600 was built better than these new toys, which is why it often still works 35 years later. The spec on this new disposable stuff is much cheaper. "Just barely good enough" is good enough these days.

Who cares?

I don't care what's inside the new Nintendo Switches, I don't care what's inside my Moto phone, I don't care what's inside my 4KTV.

You are the only person threatened by this toy.

Everyone else is just going to play it until they are bored with it, then carry it to the curb.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Threatened" is a little hysterical.

You have made a dozen negative posts about a product you have absolutely no experience with.

You've never played it, you've never even seen it in person.

Yet you rattle on and on about something you are not interested in buying.

That's a lot of effort.

It must threaten you in some way, or you would simply ignore it.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

False. I've made exactly 10. 4 of them have been responding to you - today. And there were some compliments in there like, "that's a pretty well-produced assembly video. Props to them for that!" that you chose to ignore for your weird narrative.
6 posts over a one month period is not exactly spamming a thread.

You are not interested in the product.

You have no experience with the product.

You are telling people that these use cheap electronics (as if you have any experience in circuit board construction techniques).

You are now petty enough to start counting your posts, looking for any positive phrases in your sea of negativity.

Certainly a smart fellow like you has better things to do with his days than thread crap on a toy ?

#432 5 years ago

Can you imagine if you asked a BB employee to assemble a RTA cabinet for display ???

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I don't know what it is but every time I play one of these "Johnny come lately" replicas they are always awful. They all have a slight lag problem which drives me nuts. OEM game boards always play better. I think these new replica arcades are a total waste of cash. Just my 2 cents.

Where did you play these at?

I can't find them anywhere yet around here.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I haven't played these

So it would probably be prudent to wait 25 days until you can actually play them, THEN give a review if you discover lag in the system.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

This is a bit of a problem. Not only is he correct that there will be more lag than an original system, it's common knowledge and universally accepted. Who here is able to dispute it properly?

Same with pinball.

Very expensive (~$8000) toy, running emulation of the original code and processor.

If you can feel the lag, then you are stuck buying a 30 year old original, and keeping it running.

3 weeks later
#506 5 years ago

Unboxing and assembly

#507 5 years ago

This guy bought all 4 of 'em

#508 5 years ago

Big guy assembles Rampage in the smallest room in his apartment

#512 5 years ago

There seems to be some concern that the graphics on the control panel will rub off easily. I wonder how difficult it would be to Mylar the controls before assembling

We used to Mylar the real arcade games back in the day.

Add a few cigarette burns on the Mylar, and it will be a very genuine experience.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You guys constantly rag on Zizzles and Stern's "Home" pin....This is 1 million times worse, wtf??

This is $299 toy.

So it's not going to have a $100 Happ trackball or a $129 weighted spinner.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Understood and I wasn't expecting arcade quality for the price but it seems the people buying these are and when they advertise the following I can see how it's misleading.
- Arcade1Up game cabinets look, feel and play just like the classic arcade games you remember.
- Authentic Arcade Joysticks, Trackballs, Buttons & Sounds
- True Arcade Tactile Feel - plays exactly as you remember

Of course there are going to be people who have to be the first on Youtube to show they have it.

But regular single moms are going to try it, and if it plays how she remembers it, she's going to buy it.

She's not going to say, "Hmmmm, I remember the trackball being a 9oz ball, this seems like a 7oz ball....".

Just like guitars or pins or whatever, when someone remakes it, the "experts" come out and show their amazing knowledge; "The original guitar had a celluloid pickguard, this one is made of PVC !!!! I could not even play the instrument, the pickguard looked so different !!!!!! I really wanted to like it, but I returned it. Shame Fender! "

I would actually go to GS and play one before I bought it, as should anyone.

If it plays how you remember it, buy it. If not, leave it for the other kids.

Remember this Pacman2 game sold for $320 in today's dollars, and also advertised "authentic arcade action and control"; it did not even have joysticks or CRT, lol

hqdefkkault (resized).jpghqdefkkault (resized).jpg
#528 5 years ago

^ nice!

So it's an AllWinner A13 CPU @ 1ghz

Interesting idea that all the games are already flashed into memory, and solder blobs are deciding what it boots up into

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And if it really is solder blobs, some creative person should be able to hook a selector switch up to it.

You know kids are figuring out how to dump the code as we type.

#535 5 years ago

Who the heck is he????

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So this is the box design? Looks like it belongs at the end of the aisle with the rest of the "As Seen On TV" products.
[quoted image]

Exactly.

It has to appeal to single moms, since that's 1/2 of the households.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

*Doesn't like the lit up buttons, and doesn't snip the LED out of them?

You know he loves the lit buttons, but just did not want to catch ship from all the commenters below.

He can just pull the one connector if he actually does not like the LEDs.

71bAOm4udrL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71bAOm4udrL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Who's the other half of the households?

2 parent households

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm a single dad and bought one. I don't get why single women would be all over arcade stuff. Makes no sense to me.

How simple does it have to be?

Women make up 82% of all single parent households, so you want to make sure that advertising and packaging is inclusive to them.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

But they spend their money on stuff with pumpkin spice in it and save money for cruises in the Bahamas and trips to Cancun. I can't see them being that fired up to spend money on these IKEA arcades, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe single parent female households are the untapped key to home gaming.

Look at where these games are being sold:

Bed Bath & Beyond - the place that old women wave their 20% off coupon at the cashier "And I've got this too!"

Not Frys, not Microcenter, not Gameland; they chose BB&B as one of the 3 partners.

So if you are marketing to women, you better have packaging that appeals to them

"I've got a Paris Map shower curtain, 4 My Pillows, a Banana Hanger, and look - a video game for Brandon !"

#572 5 years ago

4 pack of Hatchimals colleggtible, plus some bonus creature thing for $4.49 today @ Amazon!!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Hatchimals-CollEGGtibles-Season-4-Pack-Styles/dp/B071LGB5QH/ref=sr_1_4

I always give out some better treats to kids on Halloween that have really good costumes, these seem ideal for the younger ones.

81l3u4M0F6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81l3u4M0F6L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

EDIT: Almost forgot, I love the bad photoshop job on this riser auction:

s-lklkk1600 (resized).jpgs-lklkk1600 (resized).jpg
#577 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That is because they are hard to find right now. Give it time and once the demand is met these things will be popping up left and right after the novelty wears off.

Yep.

Or some other companies will start making compatible risers and bring the price way down.

-

Myself, I'm thinking of cutting the bottom off and just making a bar top unit

#583 5 years ago

This guy says other than scratches, the cab is solid and after 1.5 hours of playing, this thing is "straight up arcade".

#584 5 years ago

This guy reviews Rampage and Street Fighter that he bought:

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

When a YouTuber in a room full of dolls says it's "straight up arcade" then that's enough for me.

I'd hate the introduce him to pinball, because you know he'd be 'that guy' gluing dolls all over his machine

#594 5 years ago

When they first started selling these it was just BB&B, Bestbuy and Wallmart, but now they've even added Home Depot @ $399 deluxe with riser!

Looks like they are now trying to market to the 18% of single parent households headed by men.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ARCADE1UP-Arcade-1UP-Deluxe-with-Risers-815221025172/306319102

arcade1up-computer-accessories-815221025172-4f_1000 (resized).jpgarcade1up-computer-accessories-815221025172-4f_1000 (resized).jpg
#595 5 years ago

RetroPie step by step installation

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They removed a line from his shoe to not use a copyrighted Adidas shoe in their photo.

They should have turned it into a Nike.

That's what all the cool kids are wearing.

#606 5 years ago

Walmart has Pacman/Pacman Plus product code in it's computers, no sign of Ms Pacman.

#608 5 years ago

Arcade1up has issued a PSA:

Free Plexiglass control panels for all

Rampage level 31 fix

They will have all the phone lines manned on Oct 16th

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Vid, you seem to really like these things! thanks for posting this!

I can't give a stinky 300lb arcade cab as a Christmas gift, but these would probably be a big hit with my nephews

When they get bored, they can swap between themselves.

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

If these are truly running on hardware similar to a Pandora's box then I suspect it's likely not going to be good.

The only thing the similar is the Allwinner A13 CPU.

The boards, the storage, and the OS are all different.

Think of it this way:

I have Intel i7 processors in my Mac, my PC and my Linux box.

Although the CPU is the same, each computer provides a COMPLETELY different experience.

Even running the same software, written by the same company, (like Photoshop) on the Mac vs. the PC gives you different results.

You can't get Photoshop to crash on the MAC, yet the PC, with 2x the memory (32 gigs) will crash, sometimes tragically.

So you can't say Intel processors are crashy, you can only say that PS runs better on the MAC OS than in Win10

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

This guy is horrible at reading the teleprompter. Youre head of marketing, just say what comes naturally instead of the canned speech.

Same as those auto dealership commercials on TV.

"I'm d-d-Don Lemon of Lemon Ford. Come see our..........great section of.......cars. "

You just shake your head, ' you don't know your own name?????' , 'you don't know what you sell????'

Some people are born public speakers, and some are just....born.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thanks for posting that vid. Mine has a glitch with Gauntlet. You can't get passed level 30 or 31 - forget exactly which. Not sure if that's the same issue but contacting customer service.

That's the level 31 fix in the Rampage cab

They'll be sending you a whole new control panel

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Sounds like there could be a large untapped market for these things, lots of people probably have unsightly water meters in their basements that they could hide with one of these

If they included a grounding jumper to go across the meter, they'd have a huge hit on their hands.

And, more importantly, by bonding past the meter, it would remove any possible lag - possibly even predicting your moves through quantum entanglement.

#633 5 years ago

Here is review of Tempest .

Guy shows the included flyer says that these games are Series One, and Series Two is in development.

#653 5 years ago

Use Brickseek to see what Walmarts near you have it in stock

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377

61% of all walmarts still have stock left

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hey Vid , you wouldn’t happen to know the Galaga sku would you? Preordered and haven’t heard anything. Thanks

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=595505982

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like 2 of mine arrived today, still thinking of returning them
[quoted image]

Donate them to a children's center.

Kids would love you for it, and you can take the tax deduction.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

According to my tax professional, tax deductions are pretty much worthless now unless you make over $12k in charitable contributions.

Then just give them to a children's center and don't even ask for a deduction slip.

Makes it even more meaningful.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

And then there's this.

That's the VR version that is not sold in the USA

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Predictions on whether these fun-size arcades will hold their value like full-size arcades or pins?

Probably will hold it's value better than a full size arcade.

A new Gauntlet arcade game cost $8,200 in today's dollars, and now sells used for $600

A Gauntlet Arcade1up sells for $300 and would probably fetch $150 used.

dU4YN (resized).pngdU4YN (resized).png
#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's a pretty unfair comparison.

The question was how would they hold in value compared to a real arcade cab, so my answer was as fair as fair could be.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Let's make it a little more apples to apples. How much will the 1up cab be worth in 33 years?

Absolutely nothing.

In 33 years, we will have full VR arcades with every title ever made at our fingertips.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

No it wasn't. The most fair answer would be "There is no real basis of comparison as one is a 30+ year old commercial product made for a different purpose and the other hasn't been out long enough to know if it will hold any value"

I thought we were past the "downvote because we disagree" thing, maybe I just expect more from you. I think its fantastic that you have such a sales boner for these things but that doesn't change that they have issues in execution. I'm just glad you didn't try to defend the horrible photoshopping not only in their advertising but on the box itself (the hand placement on the control panel is cringe worthy)

Sorry that I refuse to feed the echo chamber.

TL;DR

#702 5 years ago

How To Unlock Akuma In Arcade1Up Street Fighter Arcade Cabinet

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well after UPS left it in the mulch and didn’t ring the doorbell, my wife used a hand cart to get it in the garage while I was at work.

Excellent.

That proves that a broad can indeed move these things around!

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any.chance these become a black Thursday/ Friday Special ?

There have not been any good black friday specials in years.

People wait to buy something expecting a deal and it's the same price or $10 off, lol

#731 5 years ago

Yep, $279 and says it's in stock at my local wallmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Asteroids-Machine-4ft/828150107

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Why dont they list the Atari Deluxe on the Arcade 1up site .
Where can those be purchased ?

That one is Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-deluxe-edition-12-in-1-arcade-cabinet-with-riser-atari-graphics/6288355.p?skuId=6288355

1 week later
#795 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

Yah man, I am kind of annoyed. The only one I want is the "Galaga" cabinet and it isn't even listed as available on Walmart Canada. All the others are including "Pac-Man" but nooo... not "Galaga". Very disappointed.

You guys have the longest expected lifespan of any country in the world.

You've got time to wait.

1 week later
#845 5 years ago

Kohls has 12-n-one & riser for $350 AND you get $105 in Kolhs Cash back

That looks like the best BF deal

Untitladsfed-1 (resized).jpgUntitladsfed-1 (resized).jpg
#847 5 years ago

Mad Planets, now that's a game!

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I happened by Walmart this morning and got the Rampage cab. Saving it for christmas though.

You should call right now for your plastic overlay.....

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Is the overlay only needed for the Rampage cab?

They all need it.

Look at the edge of the panel, you might already have it

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The cabinets on these things are incredibly frail in general. I'm confident they would not be able to handle the slightest drop or corner hit on a doorway.

Think Ikea furniture.

Particle board, covered with printed paper. Light enough to be shipped by UPS.

Not engineered to be dropped or smashed into doorways.

Play it, get bored with it, give it away!

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I think you mean, throw it away, not give.

I'd give it to my church for the kids room, or trade it with someone for another title.

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

includes the official Arcade1Up stool.

They should have reversed the logo so it would imprint correctly on a bare ass.

Teens go crazy for stuff like that.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Pacman:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=792203275
Galaga:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=595505982
Asteroids:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=828150107
Street Fighter
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377
Rampage:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=114274755

Sold out at almost every store around me.

#963 5 years ago

Don't forget, you guys can put the same Mylar down that we use on our pins - you don't have to wait for an overlay....

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not confusing at all. Small towns = poorer = people aren't buying $300 Ikea boxes when they can get a tablet or console for same price.

Exactly.

A few weeks before Elvis died, RCA printed 25,000 copies of his new Moody Blue album in thick clear blue vinyl; then printed the next run in black vinyl. (latter they did another run of blue, but thinner)

The moment he died, everybody bought all the blue ones. They became instant collectors items, fetching $100-200 each.

I went into the Black parts of town and was still finding the blue discs in many of the shops.

elvis_-_moody_blue_0711 (resized).jpgelvis_-_moody_blue_0711 (resized).jpg
#970 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If stores are left with massive amounts of inventory, look for these to get dropped around early February. I cannot imagine why a manager would have gone as low as $75 prior to Christmas.........just foolish, if not criminal .

2 pallets of arcade1ups, stacked in the isle, that are not selling, are losing money for wallmart.

Better to get rid of them, and use the space for items that are selling briskly

Wallmart had these grills on clearance for $99-149 regular $1200 , just to make room for the Christmas stuff.
ba189aba-0079-40d5-a403-95cf2c318dd8_1.a395c3cd7baea158c2dfea08a53647e3 (resized).jpegba189aba-0079-40d5-a403-95cf2c318dd8_1.a395c3cd7baea158c2dfea08a53647e3 (resized).jpeg

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Original arcade cabinets were built like tanks. These look like after a few good bumps they will probably fall apart.

Original cabs were meant to be heavy and hard to steal.

The Arcade1up cabs were meant to be standard UPS shippable (just barely scrapes by size&weight)

Two very different design goals

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I would like this company make some sort of "pro" model that's full-size, with more games per cab. Hell, I'd be more than happy to pay double for that.

Shipping alone would be $400.

It's got to be UPS shippable to be anywhere near this price point.

=

You can buy full sized arcade cabs with 60 or 144 games for ~$1400 to your door

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

They look and feel like toys

Your wife has a keen eye.

They are indeed toys!

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Also, I can confirm based on personal experience and talking with 3 Wal-Mart managers that everything in this video is accurate.

So those managers lowered the price to $148 for you?

What zip code?

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Which region of the country is moving the most product?

Probably Florida.

It has the lowest average IQ in the country.

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

and the height even with the riser is just not for me.

The riser brings the controls up to standard arcade height.

If you are really tall (like me) you could build a 2x riser and have the controls 12" higher than they were at the arcade.

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

However, at these prices I think they are affordable to the masses and as such, will flood the 2nd hand market and be worthless within 4 years

I hope so, they are just toys.

I never buy a $299 Disney Princess Mercedes car toy, and worry what the resale value will be in 4 years.

When my nieces get bored with it, they can drag it to the curb, or give it away.

07483fe3-8de9-4811-85c2-dd76e9f86215_1.29a497ec26c8d7b5baf6fb6974aa7e0e (resized).jpeg07483fe3-8de9-4811-85c2-dd76e9f86215_1.29a497ec26c8d7b5baf6fb6974aa7e0e (resized).jpeg

#1061 5 years ago

It's too bad that licensing came through faster for Mortal Kombat 2/3/4 in other countries than in the states
acd-001-z (resized).jpgacd-001-z (resized).jpg

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That picture been out for months and I was under the impression it was just a mock up. Also seen pics of cocktail 1ups with split screens.

Why wait for Wallmart $150 ??

I'm not one for preorders, but send your money now!

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=PRE-ACD-001&type=223&code_lg=lg_us&num=42#.XBGLueJ7mUk

0k8fqq67sle11 (resized).jpg0k8fqq67sle11 (resized).jpg
#1071 5 years ago

Looks like the Mortal Kombat holdup is Steve Ritchie wants $10,000,000 for the rights to his voice of Shao Kahn

Finish Him !!!

#1081 5 years ago

It actually could be pure genius to secretly put those extra games in memory.

They are not officially selling or licensing them.

But all the hacker kids can turn them on for free - hacker value added .

#1085 5 years ago

The fact that the games are installed, probably means that there is a routine written to enable them in the menu.

Or I'm sure someone will write a macro button combo

#1088 5 years ago

I'm sure everyone remembers those strange little Satellite boxes.

They worked for getting all the free sat channels around the world, but you could change the firmware and get every DirecTV station and PPV for free.

Hacker added value.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I’m always afraid I’m going to start a fire with those EL transformers.

It's happens, that's what insurance is for.

#1121 5 years ago

Yep, all on sale $199

https://www.walmart.com/browse/arcade-1up/c2hlbGZfaWQ6NjIxODQie?u1=38a24b8203c811e993442ab9d51e9d180INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=17214297232138490660&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Makes a great last minute stocking stuffer.

39fc8181-a0ac-4adb-bb4a-cf25c1630066_1.863abb13c298c3250ede94f09bb0588e (resized).jpeg39fc8181-a0ac-4adb-bb4a-cf25c1630066_1.863abb13c298c3250ede94f09bb0588e (resized).jpeg
#1131 5 years ago

All the current Walmart SKUs if you are looking for local stock on Brickseek

Arcade1Up Galaga Machine (Walmart Exclusive), 4ft SKU: 595505982
Arcade1UP Pacman Machine, 4ft SKU: 792203275
Arcade1Up Street Fighter 2 Machine, 4ft SKU: 994342377
Arcade1Up Rampage Machine, 4ft SKU: 114274755
Arcade1Up Asteroids Machine, 4ft SKU: 828150107
Arcade1Up Centipede Machine, 4ft SKU: 617089098
Arcade1UP Riser SKU: 963795060
Deluxe Edition 12-in-1 Arcade System with Riser, Arcade1Up, SKU: 827734225

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I digged my finger nail into top panel and it literally scrapped away paint.

If you want authentic, cover them with Mylar, same as I did with the real arcade control panels back in the day.

The newest stock has plexi overlays, and the old stock they will send you a free plexi panel and artwork.

Can you digged it?

#1168 5 years ago

Gorf/Tron/Satan's Hollow will be great too I imagine

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

These are trash-just because they are cheap does not make them worthy

Worthy of what????

They are not commercial coin-op equipment.

They are just toys.

^^ read the above statement again if you think these are real arcade machines ^^

Djy3x90U4AELer7 (resized).jpgDjy3x90U4AELer7 (resized).jpg
#1181 5 years ago
DujuVTCUwAA1zpO (resized).jpgDujuVTCUwAA1zpO (resized).jpg
#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Do today's kids really get excited about 80s video games? I mean I loved 80s games... but I didn't have a smartphone or an XBOX.

The problem with most of the games on my Xbox is that they are not mindless entertainment enough.

You have to wait for your teammates to get online, then start a mission, then play for a 3 hour block.

If I only want to play for 15 minutes, I'm turning on Stargate, not the Xbox

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Where are you getting these for 1k, new? All of the ones I see are 3k plus with a controller and games.

350 pounds of single mother buying fun!

http://www.efamilyfun.com/arcade-legends-three.html

Hope you like Golden Tee:

10-Yard Fight Alpine Ski
Anteater Arkanoid
Arkanoid 2 Armored Car
Asteroids Asteroids Deluxe
Battle Chopper Battle Road
Battlezone Berzerk
Black Widow Bubble Bobble
BurgerTime Burnin' Rubber
Calipso Cameltry
Centipede Chack 'n Pop
Cheyenne Clay Pigeon
Cobra Command Combat
Crack Shot Crime City
Crossbow Crystal Castles
Dragon Breed Elevator Action
Fax Final Blow
Food Fight Frenzy
Gallop Gate of Doom
Golden Tee Golf Golden Tee Golf 2
Golden Tee Fore! - Mystic Hills Golden Tee Fore! - Suerte del Sol
Golden Tee Fore! - Crimson Rock Golden Tee Fore! - Pine Meadow
Golden Tee Fore! - Bay Side Golden Tee Fore! - Rattlesnake Ridge
Golden Tee Fore! - Castleshire Golden Tee Fore! - Maple Acres
Golden Tee Fore! - Kiwi Springs Golden Tee Fore! - Crawdad Swamp
Golden Tee Fore! - Buckhorn Golden Tee Fore! - Kings Canyon
Golden Tee Fore! - Kings Canyon Amatuer Golden Tee Fore! - Bluestone
Golden Tee Fore! - Bluestone Amatuer Golden Tee Fore! - Heartland Creek
Golden Tee Fore! - Tropical Falls Golden Tee Fore! - Eagle's Peak
Golden Tee Fore! - Eagle's Peak Amatuer Golden Tee Fore! - Blue Horizon
Golden Tee Fore! - Blue Horizon Amatuer Golden Tee Fore! - Sword's Pointe
Golden Tee Fore! - Cedar Meadows Golden Tee Fore! - Shadow Swamp
Golden Tee Fore! - Ridgewood Golden Tee Fore! - Painted Gorge
Golden Tee Fore! - Oak Hollows Golden Tee Fore! - Sapphire Springs
Golden Tee Fore! - Balmoral Greens Gravitar
Great Swordsman Hammerin' Harry
Hard Hat Hit 'n Miss
Caveman Ninja Jungle Hunt
Karate Champ Kengo
Kung-Fu Master Legend of Hero Tonma
Liberator Liquid Kids
Lock 'n Chase Lost Tomb
Lunar Lander Lunar Rescue
Major Title Millipede
Minefield Missile Command
Moon Patrol Moon War
Mouse Trap Nastar
Ninja Kids Ninja Spirit
Pepper II Pirate Pete
Plotting Plump Pop
Puzzle Bobble Qix
Rainbow Islands Rainbow Islands Extra
Rastan Red Baron
Rescue Return of the Invaders
Showdown Side Track
Space Duel Space Invaders
Space Invaders DX Spectar
Speed Coin Super Breakout
Super Burger Time Super Qix
Targ Tazz Mania
Tempest The New Zealand Story
Tropical Angel TumblePop
Venture Warlords
Water Ski Wordster
Who Dunit World Class Bowling
X-Multiply Zippy Race
Zoo Keeper

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Let me ask you a question-If they had a zizzle pinball machines on sale at Walmart-would you advise people to go and buy them because they appear to be a good value or would you warn people that they should not waste their time or money(and to save up and buy a real pinball)-because they are a POS regardless of pricing.

Spoken like a person who has never actually played a Zizzle.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I also find it amusing how people are trying to MacGyver their machines so they can work properly

Are we not men?

That's what men do; we fix and improve things around us.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Buying a real arcade would allow you to keep your investment instead of a temporary fix to make the kids happy for Christmas.

Nobody (except you, apparently) cares about "keeping their investments" in a toy.

"Honey, don't take your Barbie SUV out of the box; you'll ruin daddy's investment..." - Pin-miser

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

They will absolutely price match their own website. This isn’t anecdotal information, it’s policy.

Exactly.

Of course they will match their own website.

Make sure you are showing an item SOLD BY WALLMART OR JET.COM (and not a 3rd party wallmart seller).

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#00000150-2910-d285-add2-fff8e8700000

They also pricematch these other online sellers:

Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com

-

Welcome to the planet Earth (and Merry Christmas)

-

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder if all of the single mothers buying these things up have any soldering experience.

If you've ever been a manager in Retail, you know that the ARR (Average Return Rate) is 11%

That's just how it goes.

Items are not even returned to the manufacturer, they just stuffed into semi trailers and sold for $3000 a load

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-stores-do-with-90-billion-in-merchandise-returns-1518777000

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Hope that soldering iron isn't on

That's a hot air rework station

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Im still not sure why these get so much hate.

They get tons of hate from guys insecure about their manhood.

"At $150, you are not that far away from buying an old Pac-Man for $800!" = my penis no longer works

"You can get a Multicade from CGC for $3200, why would anyone buy this junk?" = my wife wears athletic socks to bed.

"I looked at one of these and they are only made of 1/2" wood; my 350 pound Paper Boy game is 3/4" wood!" = I'm too scared to have them genetically tested, but none of my children look like me.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Everyone already commented on the hot soldering iron not plugged in but think of all the people involved in that photo shoot that got that wrong as well as the motherboards being face up. lol

That is a Hot Air Rework Station NOT a soldering iron.

There are no through-legs on Surface Mount components, they are soldered on the component side of the motherboard (photo is correct).

Watch this video if you want to see how the components are soldered from the face side of the board:

Note she is holding the hot air wand incorrectly.....

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Curious about future releases. Tron, Qbert, Food Fight, Omega Race, Satan's Hollow, etc.

Another forum says that the next batch has Gorf, Tron, & Satan's Hollow in one cab.

#1284 5 years ago

"Galactic Orbiting Robot Force"

Gorf_flyer (resized).pngGorf_flyer (resized).png
#1288 5 years ago

Marshall's also is selling 12in1 and riser for $199

Tag shows these came in to the stores in November....

2663ss2q6q621 (resized).jpg2663ss2q6q621 (resized).jpg
#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

It will be interesting to see if they improve the spinner for Tron and if they are actually going for a flight stick style controller seeing all 3 use it.

Now that they have a runaway hit (#16 top selling new toy at Wallmart), maybe they will be able to explore more control options

The spinner is totally fine for playing Tempest, but it does not have the arcade feel, that's for sure.

Even the real Tempest spinner has bushing kits available to make it run smoother than when it was new.

31326779204_d783442882_z (resized).jpg31326779204_d783442882_z (resized).jpg31357982443_ccef9f8129_z (resized).jpg31357982443_ccef9f8129_z (resized).jpg
#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I am eagerly awaiting reports of aftermarket spinner installations.

You can see that the original has a heavy flywheel on the shaft.

You might steal one from an old VCR, using the VCRs super smooth sealed ball bearings, it could spin like glass.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

How about the disassembled hard drive that is sitting there with the platter exposed?Yeah, that’ll work.

We used to open them up and replace the front plate with plexi and light them with LEDs

You would think that the heads would be zipping all over, but in actual use, it was pretty low action.

Everyone was worried about dust, so they would run the shower for a few minutes, hoping the steam would take all the dust out of the air....lol

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wow, nice but half the cost of a game.

Full cost of the game if you jumped on the Wallmart $149 deal a week ago!

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Picked up SF II and Galaga. I was tempted to also get Pacman, but only two fit in the shopping cart, and boy was I glad I didnt get a third. One fit in my car. Two barely fit.

Nice score!

1 week later
#1355 5 years ago

Space Invaders & Space Invaders Color was up on GS website this morning, but now looks like it was taken down.

So they must have worked out the US licensing that held it up from the States.
lineup_si_cabinet (resized).pnglineup_si_cabinet (resized).png

71QJ+jfuFKL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg71QJ+jfuFKL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Curious if the price is different if it is only 1 game :/

Don't know.

In Japan, they are already listed for sale (2 games), and they are the same price as the 4 game ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Loot/Games/70126

#1359 5 years ago

Final Fight, Ghost N Goblins, 1944 & Strider cab pics are up!

2d8ffb_18f8c54f24114caf804a9367099ad8b3~mv2 (resized).jpg2d8ffb_18f8c54f24114caf804a9367099ad8b3~mv2 (resized).jpg
#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They've been up for a while. They've had 360 view up ever since I knew of the site.

I mean up, up

#1366 5 years ago

There are going to be a lot of very happy people in the next 24 hours.......
mkiii (resized).jpgmkiii (resized).jpg

The bad part is, is that A1U says that they will be discontinuing the older games, and replacing them with their new Spring and Fall releases.

I was unrealistically thinking that they were going to keep them all in production.

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

No way they are putting MK4 (bottom logo on the cab you grabbed from the Brazilian advert) on an MK cab. The hardware needed to emulate it would not be cost effective.

That came from their Twitter feed.

Video seems to show 1-3, but I can't make it out. You'll have official pics in a few hours my friend.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Not saying there wont be an MK cab, just that 4 wont be on it unless its like the PSX or N64 port (more likely PSX as the N64 emulators aren't as complete)
If they do put a PSX emulator on the cab they should add MKT

In 17 hours, all will be reveled to you

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I stand correct it was a Norwegian advert

Look on the arcade1up twitter feed when you get home, you'll see the pic.

16 hours and you'll have live video from the show floor.

Still one more exciting Spring 2019 game that has not leaked out to you guys yet.....AND some super cool new products from a1u that will blow your mind (thanks to ****** for the leaks)

#1375 5 years ago

I wonder if they’ll do Arabian or Pang, those two also took a lot of money from me.

Not this Spring.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Didnt see it, just the silhouette pic
https://twitter.com/arcade_1up/media?lang=en , right?

It looks like the videos have been pulled.

Can A1U censor their twitter after people post, or is mobile different than web twitter?

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh, no. I want to get the Rampage/Joust/Gauntlet/Defender but not for a while. Perhaps I need to buy sooner than I wanted.

I was the same way, thinking I could grab them whenever WM had a title for $99

Like, I'd want the Centipede with the vertical monitor, rather than the horizontal on the other version....

#1385 5 years ago

I suspect that people bought a ton of them on clearance @wm for $99, and have just put them aside to sell on CL

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Spill the beans, vid!! The suspense is killing me.
If I can’t find a cheap SF2 cab now that they are discontinuing, I hope another 6 button fighter is on its way, along with an MK cab.

I spilled everything that I could find already leaked somewhere else.

Those ces walkthrough videos that keep getting pulled show the whole booth, pretty amazing

There is a certain pinsider that will post at 9am, I'm not going to steal his thunder

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Also hoping to get a cheap Centipede cab. Better start looking.

Check your Brickseek

DON'T call Walmart and tell the employees the Brickseek price - they will buy them for themselves.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Download the "Walton" app, 98% more reliable for actual stock at your local store than Brickseek

Brickseek uses Walmart's own open api

Give me the dirt on Walton?

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Holy crap it isn’t over. A few more new product were setup. You guys are gonna love tomorrow this is going to be a big day for them tomorrow

People are going to shlt themselves, lol

#1395 5 years ago

Stern is almost set up

3e84677205639b99a093d52b465d8759cd8a37fa (resized).jpeg3e84677205639b99a093d52b465d8759cd8a37fa (resized).jpeg
#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

wrong thred Vid

Stern and A1U are both at CES right now

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I know but you should post that in the Munsters thred so they have something to talk about (maybe there is a crack in the cabinet or something) LOL.

OK, I posted it for those sad sacks to complain about.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone hear arcade 1up is going to cancel production of wave 1 games when they start wave 2? Seems odd... unless their line is like one at a time

That's what they said, that the first ones would go out of production.

Spring and Fall releases

#1404 5 years ago
18_table02 (resized).jpg18_table02 (resized).jpg
#1405 5 years ago
18_table03 (resized).jpg18_table03 (resized).jpg
#1406 5 years ago
18_table01 (resized).jpg18_table01 (resized).jpg
#1479 5 years ago

The Wallcades could be the coolest thing shown.

Sh1evWZ (resized).jpgSh1evWZ (resized).jpg
#1481 5 years ago
xk8XHU7 (resized).jpgxk8XHU7 (resized).jpg
#1482 5 years ago
PrcpxHK (resized).jpgPrcpxHK (resized).jpg
#1483 5 years ago
XxMdgwe (resized).jpgXxMdgwe (resized).jpg
#1485 5 years ago
Tm5Uobx (resized).jpgTm5Uobx (resized).jpg
#1486 5 years ago
wQsggSu (resized).jpgwQsggSu (resized).jpg
#1488 5 years ago
DsJIHbZ (resized).jpgDsJIHbZ (resized).jpg
#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I think vid owns stock in this company.

I figure every second that kids are playing mini video games, is a second not spent on Facecrook

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Kids aren't using Facebook.

49% of teens still have a FB account....so it's not all grandmas and cat videos

#1531 5 years ago

At least every pinhead has Novus2 if the plexi ever scratches on the cocktail.

#1538 5 years ago

You could mount 2 Wallcades back to back on a basement stanchion, mirror the monitors and have some nice H2H action.

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Has anyone heard a release date or where/when the Mortal Kombat will be available to pre-order?

September 2019

#1544 5 years ago

February 2019 Final Fight and Space Invaders

#1545 5 years ago

June 2019 Golden Tee

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

Galaga also not available in Canada.. Most Disappointing.

Every country had different licensing deals for video games back then.

Look how long it took Arcade1Up to get SI for the Americas, when the rest of the world already had it.

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

On the tabletop artwork, the red box that says "play as a boss" is cut off.

On the production version you can play like a boss

#1562 5 years ago

It's just a toy.

I'm not sure I'd spend 1/2 of it's retail price buying a piece of glass for it.

#1564 5 years ago

Maybe if some aftermarket seller runs the glass in bulk, it could bring the price down.

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Anyone know of a fix for this issue? If not, I’ll have to do the optical disc mod, which looks like a real pain.

I have not researched this at all but I'd imagine you would have to edit the .ini file?

https://pastebin.com/pbvqH1ay

#1621 5 years ago

I know you guys like stupid stuff, so how about a Space Invaders Nightlight that projects up on the ceiling?

On sale today for $4.97 (use coupon TAITO at checkout)

https://www.thatdailydeal.com/home.php?id=52575&sscid=11k3_f8gyj
81mSq06Vm3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81mSq06Vm3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

Also available at Amazon for $15

https://www.amazon.com/Paladone-Invaders-Projection-Products-Decorazioni/dp/B079CBNV36

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I’m in Palm Springs with the family and thought I’d try to pickup one that isn’t available in Canada like Asteroids/Centipede 12 in 1.... so far I’ve struck out, Kohl’s has none left because they’ve sent them all back to the manufacturer, and Marshall’s has no stock.
If any locals can point me in the right direction, please do!

Put your zip code in and see whats in stock:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=827734225

#1627 5 years ago

Normally, nothing is EVER sent back to the manufacturer.

Items that can't be sold are loaded into semis and are sold in bulk.

Google "Semi walmart merchandise", pay $2500 and get a sem-load of crap!

#1633 5 years ago

What's funny about these games is they're making me look into brick and mortar stores I didn't even know existed.

Brick and Mortar stores are always cheaper than places like Amazon.

50lb "Golden Giant" popcorn? $55 Amazon, $22 local B&M

Fluval FX6 filter? $379 Amazon, $299 local B&M

Sawstop contractor saw $1600 Woodcraft, $1300 local B&M

Moto Z3 unlocked $399 Amazon, $299 local

Munsters Premium $7200, $6500 local dist

Once all those mail order joints found out how much all the "free shipping", "free returns" and credit card chargebacks actually cost, they can't compete with the local shops.

#1639 5 years ago

All the WM around me have them, and so does Gamestop.

I did not check Marshalls or TJX because I never go there, and there are no local inventory checkers.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm most interested in but unfortunately none of the WM's in my area has it (and even if they did, it would be full price). Is it really that hard to find, or is it just here in WA?

#1642 5 years ago

So, before I put my SF2 cab together what’s the best option to protect the control panel? Mylar, clear coat spray paint, or an A1U plastic protector?

Well, you probably have a few rolls of Pinball Mylar in-house, so you can get the job done tonight.

But if you want to wait a few weeks, the plastic from A1U is good too (it may already be inside your box, depending on your build date).

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ah crap. I guess I didn't read enough of the thread. What's wrong with the spinner?

The real spinner has a heavy flywheel, so if you give it a hard turn, the momentum keeps it free spinning.

The A1U spinner has no flywheel, so it just turns.

You can get a real Tempest spinner, but it costs more than the A1U, and you have to get an aftermarket bearing kit to make it REALLY fly.

0daf2e749264abb9200d28363ca7e8f1e46b6485 (resized).jpg0daf2e749264abb9200d28363ca7e8f1e46b6485 (resized).jpg626c2398e69ea19161ff0eb3a6b6741fdc5a5164 (resized).jpg626c2398e69ea19161ff0eb3a6b6741fdc5a5164 (resized).jpg
#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Does the 1up spinner have an encoder wheel, or does it use a pot, like a paddle controller?

It's a digital rotary encoder

Kind of like a pot, but it puts out electrical "tics" rather than resistance. Usually they put out 2 channels of data (A&B), so the circuit knows which direction the encoder is turning.

hqdefa;ult (resized).jpghqdefa;ult (resized).jpg
#1677 5 years ago

I called customer support today asking about getting the bat top joysticks for SF2, since they changed them in later runs of the game. The guy said that once their website is fully designed, they will have replacement parts available for order.

https://www.amazon.com/Joystick-Handles-Arcade1UP-Fighter-Cabinets/dp/B07K6RQDRN

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#1679 5 years ago

If only it was that simple. That item doesn’t ship to Canada. I’ll keep looking though

Jeez, you Canadians are hard to please, lol......$1.75 USD, shipped free

ebay.com link: 1pc 51mm x 17mm handle arcade replacement top ball joystick handle 5 colors E F
sssadsfadsf (resized).jpgsssadsfadsf (resized).jpg

#1685 5 years ago
s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It's amazing how quick the paint wore off. I didn't consider myself as having played a lot, but there is still a white spot under the area where my wrist rests.

Be glad you don't play guitar, your crazy acidic skin oils would probably go all the way through the wood.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I don't understand how there are 35 pages of posts about these. They look like cheap garbage.

In case your are new to the earth, they are just toys.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

For 1k or less you can get a full size game and scratch the same itch.

No single mom (the typical household), is going to buy a used, smokey, cat piss smelling, phosphor burnt monitor, 300lb arcade game for her kids.

But a brand new, compact, bright LCD monitor game, delivered to her home by UPS for under $200, is ideal.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

shouldn't even have said anything tbh

True.

But negative people, have to thread piss. They can't help themselves.
file (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpg

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m hoping they are, at the very least, giving you a 1/4 point per unit sold.

I buy so many toys for my nieces and nephews, I probably have funded 1/4 of China rising into the middle class.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

For the space they take up, you are better off getting a real cab with a CRT.

You are totally missing the market for these.

Top 20 Wallmart toy of 2018.

No single mom is going to search CL to find an old 300 pound cab with the proper monitor orientation, borrow a truck to go get it, repaint it, re-decal it, re-Tmolding it, rebuild the monitor board, drill holes for extra controls, wire up a USB board, buy a RasPi, buy all the buttons and trackballs, get MAME running.......that's months of nonsense that a normal person is not going to do. (let alone it costs $1,000 minimum)

Instead, she is going to make one click of the mouse, and a brand new cab with a dozen games is going to be delivered to her house the next day.

chicks (resized).jpgchicks (resized).jpg
#1726 5 years ago

As in: we're going to create artificial scarcity, so if you see one on the shelf that you want at full price, don't wait for it to get marked down by half or more.

It's not necessarily "artificial scarcity", but simply as the market saturates for each title, it does not make sense to keep producing a product that no longer sells.

Williams did not keep making Defender. When the market saturated, and sales tapered off, they then released Stargate.

When Pacman sales slowed, they came out with Ms. Pacman

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Still not the same thing as advertising something as limited run and not producing more if the demand is there... they are trying to generate up front demand (likely to counter holding out for the well known discounting that happened with phase one).

They could do **1000 out of every 500,000 toys will be randomly printed with blackout foil artwork** or a Supreme edition that is only red & white, or a Prime edition that sells for $99 but displays Amazon ads when not being played.

How about a limited run of Ms Pacman with Steve Golson's blood added to the ink?

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Sexism aside ,

I'm not sure if your only source of family is Leave It To Beaver reruns, but a huge section of the US population is single moms or households headed by women (just look at one of A1U first outlets was: Bed Bath Beyond).

Quoted from Malenko:

the 1up arcades don't even have "proper monitor orientation". They play vertical and horizontal games on a non rotating monitor.

Look closer.

The Centipede cab is vert, the SF is Horiz.

Of course the 12in1 had some compromises, but there is no way around that if you want to offer people that popular mix.

Quoted from Malenko:

The end result of your fantasy MAME build is a cab that plays a significantly larger number of games than any A1Up.

Yep.

But at many times the price, and a few months of time dicking around. (I know, I have 2 of them).

Anyone who wants a MAME, probably already built one.

A1U is not marketed towards people who already built a MAME.

Quoted from Malenko:

These are a great lower cost toy for kids to beat on, I don't deny that but I'm not blinded by their limitations or quality issues either.

It's a toy, not a commercial arcade machine.

It costs the same as a nice dinner for 2

If you feel it has "quality issues" that you can't see past, don't buy it.

If you feel "limited" by it, don't buy it.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

lol @ a grand minimum to MAME an arcade machine.

Absolutely.

Of course, you will try to pick apart every point, trying to say that you once saw a MK2 cab for $50, everyone has a bin full of trackballs, and an extra Pi on their desk, and a full woodshop, but I'm going see what it would cost TODAY.

Let's take a realistic look:

-

Cab

Moms everywhere are putting the A1U in the living room, so your build can't be a blown-out cab with water damage along the bottom, and missing decals and T-molding.

It's got to obviously look good.

Looking on CL, the cheapest cab with a working, unburnt vert monitor was a working Scramble. Most of the other listings were missing the monitor, or were "unknown if monitor works", but this one says unburnt.

Pics look good as far as cab condition.

Guy is asking $350, I assume I can chew him down to $300 because the ad is almost a month old.

There were literally no other cabs with working unburnt monitors under $350, and I live in a metro area of millions of subhumans.

Not including your time, truck rental and gas, it looks like $300 here.

scramble (resized).jpgscramble (resized).jpg

-

Next, you've got to buy a computer to run it.

You mentioned you use Pi2JAMMA

That's $37 shipped.

Add $9 JAMMA cable to convert Scramble into standard JAMMA

Add the Pi, Pi power supply, SD card and mounting ring $47 shipped

Add power strip to supply power inside the cab, and we are at $100

-

The cab is going to need paint, primer and Bondo to look new.

I would shoot 2part auto paint, but you seem like a rattle can kind of guy, so primer & paint cans $30

Bondo $18

Sandpaper $12

The cab will need new Tmolding $20

The cab will need new graphics $120

I'd keep the Scramble Marquee, but if you want something different $45

Not including a ton of your time, you've got an easy $225 here

-

Next you need a control panel. I assume that most single mom's dont have a router or a bunch of hole-saw bits to make large holes for Joysticks, trackballs & buttons; let alone cutting out the panel itself.

Although not crazy deluxe, the XArcade seems like a solid choice for only $200 shipped

tank-stick_36c53b9e-cf4d-4ea3-9f43-19857abb053a (resized).pngtank-stick_36c53b9e-cf4d-4ea3-9f43-19857abb053a (resized).png

-

Now most single moms are not fluent in Linux, so add a few hours on learning how to navigate the OS, formatting the card, finding an old USB keyboard, maybe finding an image already built, googling instructions, choosing just the games she wants (so she does not have to scroll through 50 versions of some Asian game she's never heard of).

Add a few hours in wiring the cab's speaker to the Pi, the controls to the Pi, troubleshooting the mapout, focusing the monitor, centering the image on the monitor, attaching the control panel to the cab, mounting the Pi, putting a non flickering bulb behind the marquee.

You want to move the power switch to the front of the machine, then wire it to the power strip.

-

If the 40 year old monitor kicks the bucket after a few weeks, most single mothers would not be able to service it, or even get it out of the cab.

Our 300lb Scramble cab is huge and can't just be picked up and moved to another room to make room for the christmas tree - especially by a single parent.

-

So we spent well over $800 in parts alone and probably 30 hours of labor trying to go as cheaply as possible and still have a new looking cab that could be in the livingroom and not the garage.

Even if you only make $20 a hour, you've blown $1400, and many weeks of labor, research, frustration & troubleshooting.

How many single mothers want to do any of the above, compared to just spending $200 and getting a brand new toy they can order with a single click, and pick up and carry???

(think before you post, you don't want to sound foolish)

#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

hit em with a hair dryer for a couple seconds like a woman, then put em on with your hands like a man.

Yep.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I stayed to watch Vid mercilessly skewer trolls and arcade purists.

It's a toy.

It's not like a perfect replica that is somehow hurting the arcade collecting hobby by confusing collectors.

In fact, probably nothing has destroyed more real arcade game than people turning them into MAME cabs, lol

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If you have a decent cabinet (minus a monitor maybe), would it be practical to take the electronics from a 1Up Arcade and mount them in the cabinet?

Maybe.

The thing to watch for is how large the opening is for the old monitor.

Some cabs have a vac-molded cowl that puts the monitor farther back in the cab, so consider how the monitor will be mounted.

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So stop using a MAME cab as a basis of comparison.

Arcade1Ups are MAME cabs, so if you choose to keep buzzing around like a fly at a picnic, I expect you will see many mentions of MAME and MAME cabs.

#1767 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Dunno why youre so downvotey with me

Only because you are the fly crawling on shlt all day long, then you come over and land on everybody's food.

Other than that, you are alright.

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:What I don't like the ad naseum repetition of saying they are better than a real machine

They are not real arcade machines.

Are they lighter in weight, easier to service, less smelly, and lead free? - yes indeed they are.

But they are still cheap toys, no matter the perceived benefits or marketing segments they serve.

Quoted from Malenko:

Just curious, why do you think Im a rattle can guy?

Your illogical, scattershot, trying-to-find-any-negative posts remind me of a huffer.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You could head to the local Marshall's or TJ Maxx to buy yourself an Arcade1Up!

Tons of single moms and a few GILFs there too.

#1789 5 years ago

Atari Flashback 9 is on sale for $26.69 @ Menards.

110 games included.

SD card slot to load pirate games (Custer's Revenge anyone?).

2 controllers included.

https://www.menards.com/main/electrical/home-electronics/small-electronics/atari-flashback-reg-9-classic-game-console/ar3220/p-1492064302826-c-6299.htm?tid=7746258983498938381&ipos=1

301-8378,8379-atariandsegaflashbacks2(14of16) (resized).jpg301-8378,8379-atariandsegaflashbacks2(14of16) (resized).jpg301-8378-atariflashback(3of8) (resized).jpg301-8378-atariflashback(3of8) (resized).jpg
#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice! Tried to buy it but that item is restricted in California... something to do with prop 65... *%#!?#*!!

Get your local GameStop or Walmart to match the price without the Menards rebate - $29.98

#1814 5 years ago

^ or is the Flashback not sold at all in CA?

#1818 5 years ago

Hmm....Have to take a look in March.
[quoted image]

You should get in good with the broad that runs that department, and see if she'll give you the actual display - that would be badass

#1829 5 years ago

vid1900 maybe time to change the title of the thread. Looks like this is turning into some sort of club

Here is the MAME thread.

It might be best to take the CRT monitor arguments there, and leave the discussion here to the toys.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mame-club-everyone-welcome

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone figured out a way to make the spinner better?

I may just make a real one with a US Digital encoder, sealed ballbearings and a 6oz flywheel.

I'm just working out a divider-circuit so the tics matches the A1U

#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Atari Flashback 9 is on sale for $26.69 @ Menards.
110 games included.
SD card slot to load pirate games (Custer's Revenge anyone?).
2 controllers included.
https://www.menards.com/main/electrical/home-electronics/small-electronics/atari-flashback-reg-9-classic-game-console/ar3220/p-1492064302826-c-6299.htm?tid=7746258983498938381&ipos=1[quoted image][quoted image]

I figured out all the SD card stuff:

SD card 16gig or smaller.

Format SD card to FAT32

Make a folder called "game" in lower case

Put your .bin or .a26 games in the game folder.

Make sure the names of the games don't have spaces or any crazy characters.

You can get 2548 ROM images from the Bay or d/l them one at a time from cool roms.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

.And LCD's in an Arcade cab are poop, period.

Been to an arcade in the last decade?

5238_galaga-assault (resized).jpg5238_galaga-assault (resized).jpg
#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Cmon Vid; ticket redemption?? I thought you were a true arcade enthusiast!!

Just like pinball, you can run it as a regular Galaga Assault (it has 70 waves), or you can run it as a ticket redemption.

It's really huge in person, so when you get to the higher waves, you attract quite an audience.

If you have ever serviced one, you'll see that the whole monstrosity runs on a tiny Dell Inspiron computer

61heQAhFVdL._SX425_ (resized).jpg61heQAhFVdL._SX425_ (resized).jpgdell-comp (resized).jpgdell-comp (resized).jpg
#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

they just aren't that great

There are a few games that still hold up today, like Demon Attack and Suicide Mission

Quoted from xsvtoys:

I just play them on an emulator every once in a while

Everyone has a bunch of emulators, but I never play them because it's too much work, too many versions, too much to scroll through, lol

Give me the simplicity of just turning it on, and playing with a **real** 2600 joystick....

#1873 5 years ago

Both.... (According to that display sign)

I called both SC near me and neither said they ever had it.

They referred me to the website, but could not adjust the price from $50 listed.

They both have the Legends version in stock.

So if anyone actually can find the Atari, that's a hell of a deal !!!!!!

#1875 5 years ago

Odd thing with the Atari Flashback 9, there are a few paddle games, but the real Atari paddles don't seem to work with it.

I don't see any "secret" Flashback paddles for sale on their website.

I mean, if I can't get it working, what's a single mom supposed to do?

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Its not so bad, I'm a single mom and I can do it! (OK I'm not a single mom).

You can be anything you want to be, this is a judgement free zone.

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

How much does the encoder value need to be scaled down?

I think the smallest encoder that US Digital makes is 32 tics per revolution, and I think the A1U is 8 tics per revolution.

So we might need to divide the output by 4

Or if we can figure out where the A1U stores the string, we could just adjust it in the software.

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

That's strange. My Atari paddles work fine with the flashback 8 gold.

Hmmmm, maybe my paddles have broken?

I'll test them on a real 2600 and report back.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think the smallest encoder that US Digital makes is 32 tics per revolution, and I think the A1U is 8 tics per revolution.
So we might need to divide the output by 4
Or if we can figure out where the A1U stores the string, we could just adjust it in the software.

I'm so dumb, thinking about it more.....

The solution is to get a .75 cent encoder wheel, then just cut the extra teeth out until you are left with 8 tics per revolution.
Enc_Wheel_MED (resized).jpgEnc_Wheel_MED (resized).jpgEnc_Wheel_MadsfED (resized).jpgEnc_Wheel_MadsfED (resized).jpg

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=272

#1890 5 years ago

Could it be that simple??

Of course it is.

I must have been in a brain fog or something.

The encoder circuit counts when the beam of light is interrupted.

If the original has 8 tics per revolution, ours needs to have the same number if we want to avoid any additional circuitry.

#1892 5 years ago

Does it interpret a rheostat (Used in 1up)

I don't think it's a rheostat, I think it's a board mount rotary digital encoder:

sku_310402_2 (resized).jpgsku_310402_2 (resized).jpg

Like your old car stereo, where the volume knob would endlessly spin.

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

. Are any of these other options significantly cheaper than that

Encoder wheel .75 cents

Dead VCR (for shaft, heavy flywheel and sealed bearings) free

Dead mouse (for encoder reader IR) free

Badass aluminum knob $15

-

The bearings in an old VCR are super high quality, so the knob will spin smoother than glass.

k18large (resized).jpgk18large (resized).jpg
#1901 5 years ago

Old 100 lb laser printer or copy machines are treasure troves of great parts too

#1907 5 years ago

If you want a vector arcade game toy that wont take up a bunch of room, get a Vectrex

c8e1a90e-c8f2-45f0-a761-36f6847c5074 (resized).jpgc8e1a90e-c8f2-45f0-a761-36f6847c5074 (resized).jpg
#1911 5 years ago

Vectrex looks better than the real arcade game on some titles, said the SMILF.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Where can I buy these you speak of ?

They have not made them in 40 years

bt2-006 (resized).JPGbt2-006 (resized).JPG
#1927 5 years ago

Space Duel was probably my fave of the Atari vector games.

This guy plays like a boss:

#1938 5 years ago

A lot of guys are using Odroid XU4 instead of a Pi

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well that's no help. $80 vs. already have. I said cheaper, not more expensive. Sheesh.

Yeah, but it has much more performance.

Stuff that stutters on the Pi, smoothly renders on the Odroid

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

It did not look like that, but it did have a Pandoras Box 5s screen, and it was 1,299 games. The one on Ebay is a lot cheaper. Do you know if it is any good?

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

At first it looked good but now I am not so sure.

It just seems (to me) that whoever builds those things are not gamers.

If they even tested the games for 1 minute, they would see how many games don't work at all.

Back in the 90s there was a term "shovelware" to describe when a company would put 1000 games on a CDROM and sell it for $20.

Most of the games would not run, were demos, or were written in strange languages. It was obvious that no one ever even loaded them to see what they were.

321 posts in this topic match your search for posts by vid1900. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/1?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.