• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Threw a Pandora’s box 6 in my 1up SF2. I’m happy with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! So you added an SLG too? Looks awesome!

#852 5 years ago

Pac-Man in the house

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Threw a Pandora’s box 6 in my 1up SF2. I’m happy with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s so cool! I’m getting my son the SF2 cade for xmas...is there a walk through set up for this somewhere?

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Pac-Man in the house

Pics and a review please!!

#855 5 years ago

I happened by Walmart this morning and got the Rampage cab. Saving it for christmas though.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I happened by Walmart this morning and got the Rampage cab. Saving it for christmas though.

You should call right now for your plastic overlay.....

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah good plan, I am not certain if there is a way to tell if i need the gauntlet fix or not without opening the box.

#858 5 years ago

Big hit with the family!

19E59DCF-EADC-4F68-A7C0-754F43152716 (resized).jpeg19E59DCF-EADC-4F68-A7C0-754F43152716 (resized).jpeg7EC044AE-4E54-43F2-A0D1-9994840BB062 (resized).jpeg7EC044AE-4E54-43F2-A0D1-9994840BB062 (resized).jpeg8D62807B-7E1B-4158-A689-0ADD408888A1 (resized).jpeg8D62807B-7E1B-4158-A689-0ADD408888A1 (resized).jpeg
#859 5 years ago

Finished my RetroPie mod of the SF2 cabinet. Pretty cool and it makes me wish you could adjust the screen on the normal cab. Just look at the difference in Centipede when you lower the brightness a little and tweak the contrast. Even in this crappy photo you can see it looks better. But I’m not playing Centipede with a joystick though.

D4FE272C-075B-4415-8E3D-A2422E919A59 (resized).jpegD4FE272C-075B-4415-8E3D-A2422E919A59 (resized).jpegDBAC797C-D7B7-41B2-98C5-0197025BA9D3 (resized).jpegDBAC797C-D7B7-41B2-98C5-0197025BA9D3 (resized).jpegD150D2B4-1E44-46C0-AFA8-F036CA07E9A1 (resized).jpegD150D2B4-1E44-46C0-AFA8-F036CA07E9A1 (resized).jpeg

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah good plan, I am not certain if there is a way to tell if i need the gauntlet fix or not without opening the box.

I was looking into this last night, and it seems like the corrected (overlay & non-freezing rom) packages should have a large green sticker on the box. You may want to ask about getting the updated PCB sent along with the overlay.

#861 5 years ago

Just installed a topper for my beverage cooler!

rps20181125_223328 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223328 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223357 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223357 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223415 (resized).jpgrps20181125_223415 (resized).jpg
#862 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just installed a topper for my beverage cooler![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!!!!! This is the perfect mix! Details?!

#863 5 years ago

Pac-Man review

Bought one, set it up, screen had a slight jump going on that was annoying. Took the pcb out, noticed the 4 screws were all loose holding it in it's metal frame, including the groundstrap and didn't want to tighten down (I actually put the bigger screw in, that's why the color isn't shiny)

But, it was also missing a tiny microscopic soldered ''fuse'' on the backside of that board that looked like it had rattled off, which is why I suspect the screen was jumping. Didn't feel like waiting up to 6 weeks for a replacement board so returned it to Wal-Mart and bought another one, no issues with the new one.

Cabinet is sweet looking-
Gameplay feels right on-
Joystick feels good-
again, it looks sweet.

Contacted customer support via e-mail, and within an hour confirmed they are sending me the control panel protector and the upgraded pcb for Rampage, so A+ for their customer service so far, didn't even have to provide any proof.

Looking forward to Ms Pac, and Final Fight which are must buys for me, and I do still want Galaga/Galaxian (can't believe we haven't bought that one yet)

The possibilities are endless really, and Arcade1up must know this. Really hoping for a Burgertime cabinet, Tron, Dig Dug/kangaroo? Donkey Kong 1, 2 3, Mortal Kombat, etc.

And lastly, yeah, we went a little crazy buying 4 of these, but we love them and the kids play them a lot, so it's a win win.

D3DC2288-A16C-469B-9FAE-F3CE046172AF (resized).jpegD3DC2288-A16C-469B-9FAE-F3CE046172AF (resized).jpeg9F48E234-282D-4C80-BB4C-D3A6C45F8C12 (resized).jpeg9F48E234-282D-4C80-BB4C-D3A6C45F8C12 (resized).jpegC2465632-ECA4-4297-8109-A2BEF3CF9FFB (resized).jpegC2465632-ECA4-4297-8109-A2BEF3CF9FFB (resized).jpeg

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes!!!!! This is the perfect mix! Details?!

The cooler I used is a newair AB850-B. It holds 85 (or 90 depending on which document of theirs you are referencing) cans and has nice interior LED lighting and is also lockable.

https://www.newair.com/collections/frontpage/products/ab-850b-90-can-beer-fridge

Lists for $240 with free shipping but I used coupon code NAR20 to get another 20% off. I think this weekend they are doing a 25% off lack friday cyber monday deal.

On their website it says the width is 18.5" but it's actually just under 17" wide so it's a perfect size for arcade1up width. They recommend clearances of 3/4" on sides, 4" on top and 2" in back for ventilation. In this application the side clearance is a little less than recommended but there is lots of open space in top and back so I think it will be okay for ventilation. I also left the arcade1up back panel off to have even more ventilation.

I decided to keep the cooler on the floor and not be supported by the game cabinet at all. Il left the bottom panel of the arcade 1up out so the bottom is totally open. Originally I was going to make a new bottom floor in the cabinet for the fridge to sit on. But I started to think how heavy it would be when fully loaded with 90 cans and decided to try it free standing instead. I figured that if the cabinet didnt feel stable enough I would just revise it and add a bottom floor later if needed.

I bought a 2'x4' 1/2" piece of MDF for the new pieces I needed to add. I cut two pieces for side extensions to raise the height 13". I attached the extensions to the sides via some flat brackets. 13" is the same height you get if you buy the arcade1up riser. Also added a back wall piece to help connect/brace the new side extensions to the existing sides. I used corner brackets to attach the new back wall piece to the existing sides and the extensions.

I bought an 8' piece of aluminum C channel that was 1/2" wide and cut it into 2 30" pieces and 2 18" pieces. The 30" pieces go in the front to give more rigidity to extended side panels. Once painted black they blend in nicely and give a nice finished look for the front and stiffen up the sides nicely. The two 18" ones do the same along the back side.

I trimmed the front panel with the game names to just have "Rampage"on it. Luckily Rampage was the first name on the panel so the top edge was the nice clean factory edge. I added an old piece of backglass trim I had to slip over the cut edge to give it a clean finish.

Total cost for the new stuff was about $25 or $30 so even less than the cost if the arcade1up riser. I really like how it turned out. I might get some green duct tape to add a stripe on the sides to hide the seam a little better. I'm also going to make a clear static cling decal that has a coin door graphic on it (similar to what Namco did with the pacman pixel bash cabinet).
61sWNz0gI-L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg61sWNz0gI-L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg

#865 5 years ago

Awesome job, docquest! That looks legit!

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome job, docquest! That looks legit!

Thanks.

Looks like the cooler is actually 30% until noon PST today. Not a bad price, guess I should have waited until cyber monday to buy mine.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks.
Looks like the cooler is actually 30% until noon PST today. Not a bad price, guess I should have waited until cyber monday to buy mine.

Yep 167.50 with a few choices for free gift

#868 5 years ago

I've been keeping up with this thread, and I have to say one of the things that impresses me is what appears to be consistent solid customer support as far as fixing issues, updating the product, etc. This of course is good basic business practice, but so many companies fail in this area. Hopefully they can keep that going and have success selling these.

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is the overlay only needed for the Rampage cab?

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Overlays are available for every style released.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I've been keeping up with this thread, and I have to say one of the things that impresses me is what appears to be consistent solid customer support as far as fixing issues, updating the product, etc. This of course is good basic business practice, but so many companies fail in this area. Hopefully they can keep that going and have success selling these.

This past Saturday night there were 10 of the PacMan cabinets in the return bin behind the customer service counter at the local Walmart. I'm guessing that most folks who encounter a problem simply return the machine as opposed to some of the more mechanically inclined folks on Pinside.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just installed a topper for my beverage cooler![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow dude! This is incredible. Good job!

#873 5 years ago

Quoted from swillie:

Overlays are available for every style released.

The control panel artwork on all of their games is very susceptible to wear so they are offering these protectors to help prevent it.

I'm assuming future models will have some type of laminate or clear coat applied to the control panel as that's probably more cost effective then making those protectors.

Anyone doing the retro pie mod? I think adding some more simultaneous multiplayer games to the Rampage cabinet would be nice. Final Fight, Ghostbusters, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Simpsons, Xmen, TMNT, etc.

#874 5 years ago

They all need it.

Look at the edge of the panel, you might already have it

#875 5 years ago

mines wearing like nothing. From the plastic "circle" cover around the joystick. The cabinets on these things are incredibly frail in general. I'm confident they would not be able to handle the slightest drop or corner hit on a doorway.

I still like them, but I just can't take them seriously for a game room. I imagine the lifecycle on these is short. Kids love it cause of the height which is great to see.

Pretty sure a POTC Zizzle is more robust.

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The cabinets on these things are incredibly frail in general. I'm confident they would not be able to handle the slightest drop or corner hit on a doorway.

Think Ikea furniture.

Particle board, covered with printed paper. Light enough to be shipped by UPS.

Not engineered to be dropped or smashed into doorways.

Play it, get bored with it, give it away!

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Think Ikea furniture.
Particle board, covered with printed paper. Light enough to be shipped by UPS.
Not engineered to be dropped or smashed into doorways.
Play it, get bored with it, give it away!

I think you mean, throw it away, not give.

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I think you mean, throw it away, not give.

I'd give it to my church for the kids room, or trade it with someone for another title.

#879 5 years ago

Sent an email this morning requesting a control panel protector (8:25 am). Got a response a few minutes ago saying one is being shipped (2:52 pm).

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Sent an email this morning requesting a control panel protector (8:25 am). Got a response a few minutes ago saying one is being shipped (2:52 pm).

Please let us know when you get it. I ordered mine sometime ago and nothing yet. Thanks.

#881 5 years ago

Need one with:

Mad Planets
Astro Blaster
Black Widow
Lady Bug
Satan's Hollow
Espial
...and of coarse... Jump Bug!

#882 5 years ago

Need one with:
Mad Planets
Astro Blaster
Black Widow
Lady Bug
Satan's Hollow
Espial
...and of coarse... Jump Bug!

Mad planets would suck with the God awful spinner they use

#883 5 years ago

Working on the marquee...

20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183019_HDR (resized).jpg20181126_183053 (resized).jpg20181126_183053 (resized).jpg
#884 5 years ago

I hate this, some idiot on Ebay trying to pass this off as an Original game. He could have least tried to lower the pricing or remove box from background as he deceives the potential buyer.

see
ebay.com link: 1979 original asteroid machine

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Mad planets would suck with the God awful spinner they use

It is what it is for the price... Just upgrade it if desired. There are YouTube videos explaining how.

Can't compare these things to the original cabs... They are good for a retro game fix, or if more hardcore you can upgrade them. People seem to be doing some cool things with the games if or aren't't happy with the stock set up

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I hate this, some idiot on Ebay trying to pass this off as an Original game. He could have least tried to lower the pricing or remove box from background as he deceives the potential buyer.
see
ebay.com link » 1979 Original Asteroid Machine

Bahahahahaha... Box in the background

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

see

Hmmm. Part of me wants to buy it with PayPal and when I get it tell ebay and PayPal it's not as described and get it for free. May be time to use the system to start screwing those punks.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

see

Dudes trolling

#889 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hmmm. Part of me wants to buy it with PayPal and when I get it tell ebay and PayPal it's not as described and get it for free. May be time to use the system to start screwing those punks.

That may work if it wasn’t pickup only.

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

see

Anyone else think the dude possibly just googled asteroids and snagged the photo from there? Maybe I'm just naïve

#891 5 years ago

Bahahahahaha... Box in the background

Box in the background? The Arcade 1up logo is right on the front of the machine!!!!

#892 5 years ago

12in1 Arcade1up at kohls for 259 with new charge card. Now that black friday is over you can get a Kohls charge card with 35% off this purchase. Kohls cash applies on top if you have it.

#893 5 years ago

I see this 30Pin plug goes to the LCD Panel. Does anyone know if this type of lcd Panel is sold in different sizes? Would there be an adapter to go to standard VGA or HDMI type LCD monitor? Creative wheels are spinning.

aplug (resized).pngaplug (resized).png

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

So is the monitor a regular VGA monitor that just plugged into the module?

It's a standard panel and needs an LCD controller such as this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JMBSHGL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That’s so cool! I’m getting my son the SF2 cade for xmas...is there a walk through set up for this somewhere?

If you use a Pie this is a great tutorial

Pandora's box is similar just go with HAPP buttons with the larger connectors.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

12in1 Arcade1up at kohls for 259 with new charge card. Now that black friday is over you can get a Kohls charge card with 35% off this purchase. Kohls cash applies on top if you have it.

Did you actually do this? On the product page it says it's not eligible for promotional offers and discounts.

rps20181127_130656 (resized).jpgrps20181127_130656 (resized).jpg
#897 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you actually do this? On the product page it says it's not eligible for promotional offers and discounts.[quoted image]

Yeah, pretty sure you cannot apply discounts to certain brands and products. You can get Kohls cash which is basically just store credit.

#898 5 years ago

Yes, earlier today. Seems most discounts do not work however the charge card discount is considered an exception. Kohl’s cash works on anything just like cash. They have something to scan for the 35%off. Apparently they scan a 25% code and a 15% code to equal 35%

D3344C5C-2DF7-44FC-8F58-192939B3F4C8 (resized).jpegD3344C5C-2DF7-44FC-8F58-192939B3F4C8 (resized).jpeg
#899 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Please let us know when you get it. I ordered mine sometime ago and nothing yet. Thanks.

I requested one today and they said it could take up to six weeks for me to recieve it.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Yes, earlier today. Seems most discounts do not work however the charge card discount is considered an exception. Kohl’s cash works on anything just like cash. They have something to scan for the 35%off. Apparently they scan a 25% code and a 15% code to equal 35%
[quoted image]

Wow, that’s a good deal!

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/18?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.