• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 63.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I will use the bottom two. Switch has NC on both lugs. Guess that’s not meaning. normally closed.
[quoted image]

Yes, the bottom two (1 and 3).

#802 5 years ago

250.00 Pac-Man & Galaga. Add on Walmart.com

8A73AD35-894F-4282-ADAE-77335B7016E8 (resized).jpeg8A73AD35-894F-4282-ADAE-77335B7016E8 (resized).jpeg
#803 5 years ago

Will there be a Ms Pac-Man cab made?

#805 5 years ago

Meh, first these were shipping Nov 19, now Nov 28 from Walmart Canada.

I'm going to go buy a pinball machine instead.....

Rob

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yeah I don't think they will ever get here.

#807 5 years ago

GameStop has these for $209.99 now (free shipping) (sale price reflected in cart)....

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

GameStop has these for $209.99 now (free shipping) (sale price reflected in cart)....

Holy smokes!

Just looked in the app. Only SF2 and asteroids are available for me, but that is a screaming deal

#809 5 years ago

If GameStop had the Galaga in stock I'd order it for $200 no questions asked.

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I bought one from Walmart recently, but didn't open it yet as I wasn't sure if I really wanted one. That Gamestop deal is damn good so I ordered from there as well, will just return one to Walmart. $223 shipped for me with tax at Gamestop for a SF2.

#811 5 years ago

Does Walmart price match a gamestop sale price?

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does Walmart price match a gamestop sale price?

negative. Be careful when checking out. Mine had discount in cart but when I received confirmation it was not there.

#813 5 years ago

Gamestop discount an error? My order went thru but I wonder if it will stick.

#814 5 years ago

Definitely no more discount when added to cart now.

#815 5 years ago

Well I changed out the Galaga fire switch to one I found recommended on you tube. Invoice came with no part number or I’d share it. I don’t feel any difference in trigger responses. I might try the one someone posted on this thread or just leave it as is. I have to find an original Galaga. I thought trigger response was much quicker. Maybe I’m incorrect. Definitely need blue lock tite for the ball. Very annoying as it unthreads from the stud.

#816 5 years ago

So i picked up one of the new cabaret sized cabinets....

20181118_130431~4 (resized).jpg20181118_130431~4 (resized).jpg
#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

Thats looks great!

You did an excellent job attaching and painting your riser sides so they blend in seamlessly with the existing cabinet. I also like how you re-purposed the original front panel with the game logos as the angles piece that goes under the control panel.
What is the new height of your control panel?

I want to do something similar with mine except put a mini fridge in it so the front panel of the cabinet is the door of the fridge. Still deciding the best way to extend the sides and still make it sturdy considering the front needs to be totally open for the fridge door. The fridge I got just fits within the width of the cabinet so I can't add much material thickness on the inner sides where my riser attaches to the existing cabinet.

For those who don't know, here's what his game looked like before he gave it a growth spurt.
arcade1up_centipede (resized).jpgarcade1up_centipede (resized).jpg

#818 5 years ago

.... Can't stop playing Quantum....

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats looks great!
You did an excellent job attaching and painting your riser sides so they blend in seamlessly with the existing cabinet. I also like how you re-purposed the original front panel with the game logos as the angles piece that goes under the control panel.
What is the new height of your control panel?
I want to do something similar with mine except put a mini fridge in it so the front panel of the cabinet is the door of the fridge. Still deciding the best way to extend the sides and still make it sturdy considering the front needs to be totally open for the fridge door. The fridge I got just fits within the width of the cabinet so I can't add much material thickness on the inner sides where my riser attaches to the existing cabinet.
For those who don't know, here's what his game looked like before he gave it a growth spurt.
[quoted image]

Thanks man. I'm not sure what the CP height is, but i took the whole thing up 14". It plays really well at this height. I do need to find some "whiter" paint. If you look closely, the paint doesn't quite match the side art. I've got some green t-molding and a coin for ordered as well. Next will be a backlit marquee.

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

Why did you not just buy an original after all the time and $ you’re spending? I just bought an original at a show for $500, nice monitor and all... I also have an original I paid $300 for and and added in another 200 for an lcd and mame computer so I have every game that uses a trackball.

#821 5 years ago

How much time and money do you think I'm spending? So far, using scraps of wood and a can of paint i already had, I'm at a whopping 0.00 project cost.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

I'm not a standup arcade guy, so what's a cabaret size? It looks bigger than the other ones and something I would buy. Who makes the one in your picture?

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm not a standup arcade guy, so what's a cabaret size? It looks bigger than the other ones and something I would buy. Who makes the one in your picture?

He was being funny. He made his own custom riser and painted to match.

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

How much time and money do you think I'm spending? So far, using scraps of wood and a can of paint i already had, I'm at a whopping 0.00 project cost.

Ok, you got me there

You’re in time,

And if you do light up marquee, I’ll be interested in the expense for sure.

How’s the trackball? Does it feel correct like a happ?

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok, you got me there
You’re in time,

Hour building the thing, hour grafting it to the cabinet, more or less. It was an easy job and the time i sacrificed would've been spent doing other meaningless things like playing games. The marquee...more leftover scraps, 20 bucks for a marquee, ten bucks for an led strip. Certainly not an expensive project. Buying an original would've been nice, but $300 Centipedes aren't exactly popping out of the woodwork around these parts. Plus, with 3 arcade machines and 2 pins already, space is a premium. This thing was small, cheap and readily available.

The trackball needed a few drops of oil, but other than that, works well. It feels like your run of the mill 2" trackball. Nothing special, but does the job.

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok, you got me there
You’re in time,

The trackball on these cabinets are fine. I have two of them with trackballs. They play great.

Its a $299 cabinet... and its light weight too. It is what it is... I think they are a blast.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

The trackball needed a few drops of oil

Can I ask, where did you put the oil and what type of oil did you use?

My trackball feels great right now, but it will be good to know how to apply the oil if it ever needs it.

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yep, i doubt we will ever see them too. Also, notice the aren't showing the Galaga one being available at all. Kind of annoying.

#829 5 years ago

I ended up spending about $90 more and replaced the SF2 cabinet with all new sticks and buttons, 2 USB encoders, and a HDMI+VGA+DVI+Audio Input LCD Controller Board - this allowed me to hook up a PC inside there running MAME/Daphne etc. Very happy with having a little machine with most everything on there i'd ever want. The monitor panel it comes with actually produces a very nice picture, especially when running some scanlines within the emulator.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Can I ask, where did you put the oil and what type of oil did you use?
My trackball feels great right now, but it will be good to know how to apply the oil if it ever needs it.

I used a synthetic oil called liquid bearings. The rollers don't have ball bearings like a normal trackball. They have plastic bushings on each end of the roller. Put a small drop on these. Make sure you use a synthetic oil that won't break down plastic.

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

He was being funny. He made his own custom riser and painted to match.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I used a synthetic oil called liquid bearings. The rollers don't have ball bearings like a normal trackball. They have plastic bushings on each end of the roller. Put a small drop on these. Make sure you use a synthetic oil that won't break down plastic.

Thanks! That is very helpful.

#833 5 years ago

sent arcade1up and e-mail asking for the control panel protectors, they replied back within hours, no questions asked and are sending me the three I asked for, can't beat that.

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

sent arcade1up and e-mail asking for the control panel protectors, they replied back within hours, no questions asked and are sending me the three I asked for, can't beat that.

If one of your 3 cabs is rampage you should ask for the revised rampage board. Current one locks up on certain levels of gauntlet. People who got the replacement board said it sounds better than the original as well.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If one of your 3 cabs is rampage you should ask for the revised rampage board. Current one locks up on certain levels of gauntlet. People who got the replacement board said it sounds better than the original as well.

Level 31 on Gauntlet.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Level 31 on Gauntlet.

On my game it happened on level 16. Still waiting for the replacement pcba and control panel overlay.

#837 5 years ago

We got our Black Friday flyers today and Walmart Canada has street fighter listed. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#838 5 years ago

Threw a Pandora’s box 6 in my 1up SF2. I’m happy with it.

BF6407C6-92C4-4B8E-972F-AFB6E42BC036 (resized).jpegBF6407C6-92C4-4B8E-972F-AFB6E42BC036 (resized).jpeg7A2FC3B8-C73E-4E29-A76D-E0D00DA0FE77 (resized).jpeg7A2FC3B8-C73E-4E29-A76D-E0D00DA0FE77 (resized).jpeg67734275-5AB3-4674-AFD2-0431E469C870 (resized).jpeg67734275-5AB3-4674-AFD2-0431E469C870 (resized).jpeg
#839 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Actually only Pac Man and Galaga will be $250 on BF. The others will be regular price at Walmart.

All the games are $250 for black Friday.

#840 5 years ago

12in1 350 today at kohl's.com.

#841 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Threw a Pandora’s box 6 in my 1up SF2. I’m happy with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So is the monitor a regular VGA monitor that just plugged into the module?

#842 5 years ago

Just took advantage of the $350 deal at Kohl's for the 12 in 1. I'm not sure if this is a Christmas present to me or the kids. I have a feeling it will be more to me than them. It will be interesting to see if they care much about it and play it. I'm sure it will be popular at our New Year's party.

#843 5 years ago

going to try and grab a rampage at walmart here in a few hours. $250 for gauntlet and joust alone is enough for me.

#844 5 years ago

Walmart has a decent stock today. PAC-man and Galaga

67548055-9BEF-483C-B733-9CDA5ADF5E8D (resized).jpeg67548055-9BEF-483C-B733-9CDA5ADF5E8D (resized).jpeg
#845 5 years ago

Kohls has 12-n-one & riser for $350 AND you get $105 in Kolhs Cash back

That looks like the best BF deal

Untitladsfed-1 (resized).jpgUntitladsfed-1 (resized).jpg
#846 5 years ago

While the fiance is out fighting through waves of idiots in stores, i had some time to put on some green t-molding. I'll do around the cp too.

IMG_20181122_195317 (resized).jpgIMG_20181122_195317 (resized).jpg
#847 5 years ago

Mad Planets, now that's a game!

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Mad Planets, now that's a game!

No kidding, it would cost a nice system 11 to snag one of those... long live mad planets!

#849 5 years ago

Never played Mad Planets. I will add to my MAME cab, but without a fire button on the stick i'm not sure it will be very playable.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Never played Mad Planets. I will add to my MAME cab, but without a fire button on the stick i'm not sure it will be very playable.

Yeah, you need a spinner, and a flight stick with a fire button

Tron has the same controls

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/17?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.