• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 63.
#751 5 years ago

For anybody wanting soft touch buttons and not the cheap clicky crap, below is what I use in my Mame cabinet which has a typical 2-player 6 button fighter layout. These ultra light touch microswitches are smooth as butter, and you cannot even feel the click when they actuate. They are the closest microswitches I've found to actual leaf switches and are the only ones I use now. Perfect for Galaga or any other games where you're mashing the button repeatedly.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/en/home/electrical/microswitches/zippy-microswitches/744_zippy-light-touch-microswitch

#752 5 years ago

If you want to go one step further: GroovyGameGear also has buttons that can be used with real leaf switches. They are more expensive but can be fine tuned to hair-trigger sensitivity (if that's your thing)
CLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES (resized).jpgCLASSX_SOLIDS_SWITCHES (resized).jpg

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

They are sending me the overlays for my 2 and also the marquee sticker for Galaga. Anyone else see any issues w/ the high scores? On Centipede I had a high score (last night) and another in 2nd and that I was sure of the scores and they are gone now but other scores/names are still there, pretty odd.

It's my understanding these aren't set up to save high scores.

#754 5 years ago

Wanted to put in my two cents here - I recently received the Atari 12 game version from Best Buy (after 10% birthday discount, I couldn't resist). The price was right and its rock solid so far. Having sold off a lot of the classic arcade games I had amassed over the years, this machine is bringing back a lot of good memories; and is close enough to the original experience for me.
The purists won't love it - their are some cons: spinner isn't great, monitor rotation is not right for a few of the games, and the cab is pretty short (riser helps with this).
I'm hoping they do squeeze more games into the future models - having a hard time purchasing one cab with 2-4 games, but the one I bought had enough games for me to warrant buying it.
Also - this is the only way I'll ever be able to afford owning Quantum - broken boardsets alone go for far more than this. =-0
I did just notice that BJs is also going to have the Atari 12 game model for $350 come Black Friday.

#755 5 years ago

I have only seen a few of these at a local Target store. Other than that, none to be found. I ordered a 12 in 1 version. I have a jamma based multicade as well but still wanted one of these. Should be here Friday. Hope it shows up undamaged. I might keep it in the box 'til Xmas. Gotta have something to look forward to opening.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Also - this is the only way I'll ever be able to afford owning Quantum - broken boardsets alone go for far more than this. =-0
I did just notice that BJs is also going to have the Atari 12 game model for $350 come Black Friday.

That's the thing, board sets are crazy money nowadays. A TMNT board set alone is $500, so here's hoping they make the rumored cabinet.

I'm patiently waiting for Final Fight myself, I've attempted to build one twice but gave up both times. Board set was $200+ but the art is what killed it for me, too expensive for cpo, side art, bezel, marquee, etc.

Now if only they would make a 3/4 TRON.....tell me who wouldn't buy that game.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Now if only they would make a 3/4 TRON.....tell me who wouldn't buy that game.

100% on board with this idea.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

That's the thing, board sets are crazy money nowadays. A TMNT board set alone is $500, so here's hoping they make the rumored cabinet.
I

I knew it was worth getting repaired.

Screenshot_2018-11-08-12-27-54 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-08-12-27-54 (resized).png
#759 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's my understanding these aren't set up to save high scores.

So Aracde 1up said on Centipede it will only save top 3 and you can’t turn it off right away (whatever that means) but this is false as scores outside top 10 are saving on mine just seems random. They also said Rampage, SF, and Galaga save scores.

#760 5 years ago

I meant Top 3 it wouldn’t let me edit.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

If you want to go one step further: GroovyGameGear also has buttons that can be used with real leaf switches. They are more expensive but can be fine tuned to hair-trigger sensitivity (if that's your thing)
[quoted image]

I also just recently found out that they have joysticks with the leaf switches like the original PacMan. I’m thinking about getting one of these.

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=365

#762 5 years ago

Walmart will have these for $250 on black friday, including the new pac man.

#763 5 years ago

I'm really enjoying these cabinets. My pinballs have been neglected this week. Its like the early 1980s is repeating itself.

For now...

I haven't played Quantum since it was first released. I forgot how fun that game is...

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Excellent.
That proves that a broad can indeed move these things around!

Sold...picking mine up on weds. Thanks Vid!

#765 5 years ago

Going to need my pin slot back soon but enjoying the extra vids for now

4F6B1042-8596-42E3-A0A4-1D2E4D483111 (resized).jpeg4F6B1042-8596-42E3-A0A4-1D2E4D483111 (resized).jpeg

07CD7BFB-7213-4F06-B0A0-420AAB9881C6 (resized).jpeg07CD7BFB-7213-4F06-B0A0-420AAB9881C6 (resized).jpeg
#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Actually only Pac Man and Galaga will be $250 on BF. The others will be regular price at Walmart.

#767 5 years ago

Had an issue with button B not registering. I would put a slight bend in the arm on the switch but it would over time straighten out and stop working. So instead of getting them to send another cheap button, replaced all of them. Also threw in a clear trackball and some LEDs in the housing.

12n1 green buttons (1) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (1) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (2) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (2) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (3) (resized).jpg12n1 green buttons (3) (resized).jpg
#768 5 years ago

For those going with arcade 1 up risers, check your hardware. Somebody at the factory shorted me.

#769 5 years ago

Ordered my 12 in 1 from Best Buy Wednesday and it showed up today via Fedex. All good. Box looks fine. Going to wait 'til Xmas to open it.

#770 5 years ago

Amex card owners. You get a $30 cash back when you spend $300 at Best Buy before 12/31

#771 5 years ago

So I picked up the SF2 cab today from Wal-Mart and it’s missing the hardware bag and power cords. The box was still sealed too. The control panel box had an orange sticker indicating it was a replacement panel so I wonder if those bags were in the original panel box but not in the replacement.

I tried calling their 800 number which eventually went to voice mail.

So, I emailed them to send replacements. We’ll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. Sheesh. What a sh*t show.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

So I picked up the SF2 cab today from Wal-Mart and it’s missing the hardware bag and power cords. The box was still sealed too. The control panel box had an orange sticker indicating it was a replacement panel so I wonder if those bags were in the original panel box but not in the replacement.
I tried calling their 800 number which eventually went to voice mail.
So, I emailed them to send replacements. We’ll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. Sheesh. What a sh*t show.

We built my friends Galaga yesterday and called/left message asking for the clear cp overlay. They called back about 20 minutes later, very nice on phone.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

We built my friends Galaga yesterday and called/left message asking for the clear cp overlay. They called back about 20 minutes later, very nice on phone.

I was told could take up to six weeks to receive overlay and riser hardware. Said would mail sooner if they get parts in .

#774 5 years ago

Got an email from Arcade1Up saying they are going to send my a new PCBA board. Hopefully that will fix the issue of Gauntlet glitching out around level 30.

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Got an email from Arcade1Up saying they are going to send my a new PCBA board. Hopefully that will fix the issue of Gauntlet glitching out around level 30.

How is the Gauntlet on these? Does it match up with the arcade version? That would be the only cabinet I might be interested in.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I was told could take up to six weeks to receive overlay and riser hardware. Said would mail sooner if they get parts in .

They got back to me about the parts bag and power cords. Told me the same thing. 6 weeks. But, they said since it’s just hardware it should be quicker. I’ll update when I get it.

I did use my power supply from the Atari cab just to make sure it boots up and the screen doesn’t have any dead pixels. Could care less about the buttons and sticks. They’re getting swapped.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Black Friday at Wal-Mart? Have you seen the videos?

#778 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181109-202024 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181109-202024 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181109-202029 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181109-202029 (resized).jpg
#779 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

How is the Gauntlet on these? Does it match up with the arcade version? That would be the only cabinet I might be interested in.

It looks and plays the same for the most part. I'm not a hardcore arcade guy so works fine for me.

Got the board replacement today. Going to replace it this weekend.

20181109_204828 (resized).jpg20181109_204828 (resized).jpg
#780 5 years ago

These are taking so long to be available in Canada. Walmart is the only place that seems to be carrying them and they are on pre-order, shipping November 19th. Hopefully that means the ones we get will be updated with the clear overlays and gauntlet will be fixed. It's the rampage cabinet I want. Wish it was rampage world tour though....

Rob

#781 5 years ago

I have a couple extra part bags that were left over. I know some have said they were shorted so take a look at this pic and PM me if you see anything you need I will ship them out free.

IMG_1419 (resized).jpgIMG_1419 (resized).jpg
#782 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I have a couple extra part bags that were left over. I know some have said they were shorted so take a look at this pic and PM me if you see anything you need I will ship them out free.
[quoted image]

Thanks but I need the wooden connectors for the riser.

#783 5 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to correct the spinner or to replace it with an aftermarket version?

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Orlando:

Has anyone figured out how to correct the spinner or to replace it with an aftermarket version?

This guy has.

The problem is he had to make his own optical disc to calibrate the spinner since Arcade 1up evidently doesn’t allow control configuration.

If Ultimarc would sell a version with the disc installed I would be in for the deluxe cab. I really want a Tempest.

#785 5 years ago

Can’t let my missing hardware get in the way of the conversion...

Used a step bit to drill the two holes for the select button. I chose to use the smaller button just to be safe. If I f’d up and drilled too big I’d just go with the bigger one but it turned out ok. I also swapped out the square gates with Sanwa octagons.

Hooked the LED’s up to a 9v battery and they work so we’ll see.

598AA10B-69B9-440A-BB35-AE1E658A52FA (resized).jpeg598AA10B-69B9-440A-BB35-AE1E658A52FA (resized).jpeg8C3C88C0-16E4-40A2-90FE-B2F505FD1A3F (resized).jpeg8C3C88C0-16E4-40A2-90FE-B2F505FD1A3F (resized).jpeg

#786 5 years ago

Bought the Asteroids version for our 505 Pinball Arcade. We don’t have any arcades so this will be a nice addition. Everything went well during assembly, just less than an hour. Kristin wants the Galaga version now.

34C42ECC-240D-4960-9E1F-48FC4087B544 (resized).jpeg34C42ECC-240D-4960-9E1F-48FC4087B544 (resized).jpeg
#787 5 years ago

I played a number of games on my friends A1UP Galaga/Galaxian. It was alot of fun, I am not a hardcore gamer but I know this game a little and I was very happy with how it played. One bit of wierdness...first test game i scored 132,720 or close this...anyway it ssved to hi score list but on top middle only showed 32,730 as the hi score. Not a huge deal breaker but can someone confirm this anomaly? I purposely kept my next game a lower score...60,000 plus became the 2nd hi, but is listed on top of play screen as hi score to beat.

incidentally I played a real Galaga yesterday locally and the fire button sucked, was not registering half the hits. Screen colors were off, faded. Really pissed me off...the A1UP version played way better.

IMG_4990 (resized).JPGIMG_4990 (resized).JPG
#788 5 years ago

I bought a Rampage and SFII with risers and while the SFII is awesome, I have had a couple issues with my Rampage. The up and down don't work on my center player controls but I was easily able to contact and get a new CP from A1U. I also asked for the overlays and they are sending those. Unfortunately, it sounds like it may take up to SIX WEEKS! I was also amazed that Gauntlet is only a two player game! Why not make it a three player game as you have the controls there?! Overall I am very happy. Anyone that is not a regular arcade collector will think these are awesome. Even someone with an extensive collection like myself will appreciate what A1U has done here. I hope to see a surge of home arcade games on the market. If this happens, these cabinets may be the best thing to happen to home arcade in a long time. What if there were as many homes with an arcade cabinet as a PS4?

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was also amazed that Gauntlet is only a two player game! Why not make it a three player game as you have the controls there?!

I think it runs a version of the game that was designed only for 2 player cabinets. And I wish it was Rampage World Tour....

Rob

#790 5 years ago

I assembled by SFII and the monitor wobbles the picture. It's as if it's trying to find a size to display the picture in. My control panel was also scratched. Overall I'm disappointed with the purchase. It's "cute" next to the other machines, but not worth the price to me.

#791 5 years ago

There was never a rom made for gauntlet that was three player. Only 2 or 4.

#792 5 years ago

These things look really cool, but they just seem so small. I'd be all over them if they were full size.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from Orlando:

Two #6 lock washers on each screw hole on the spinner and heat shrink or a small strip of electrical tape on the spline to take out the slack.
Spinner Mod 1 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 1 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 2 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 2 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 3 (resized).jpgSpinner Mod 3 (resized).jpg

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

These are taking so long to be available in Canada. Walmart is the only place that seems to be carrying them and they are on pre-order, shipping November 19th. Hopefully that means the ones we get will be updated with the clear overlays and gauntlet will be fixed. It's the rampage cabinet I want. Wish it was rampage world tour though....
Rob

Yah man, I am kind of annoyed. The only one I want is the "Galaga" cabinet and it isn't even listed as available on Walmart Canada. All the others are including "Pac-Man" but nooo... not "Galaga". Very disappointed.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

Yah man, I am kind of annoyed. The only one I want is the "Galaga" cabinet and it isn't even listed as available on Walmart Canada. All the others are including "Pac-Man" but nooo... not "Galaga". Very disappointed.

You guys have the longest expected lifespan of any country in the world.

You've got time to wait.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys have the longest expected lifespan of any country in the world.
You've got time to wait.

Canada is 18th, unless ShadowFlame76 is from Monaco :p

I was actually in my local Best Buy to get some thermal paste and I was actively looking for these things and they didn't have any for sale or on display (Christiana Best Buy in Delaware) . The 2 nearest Walmarts aren't worth the drive to look.

#797 5 years ago

Can somebody tell me why replacement button has extra button? I was expected the same set up to swap out fire button. Is the switch marked for particular wires or just use process of elimination until button works? Thanks.

645C096A-BCDD-4968-8F24-CE1DBF97C5C7 (resized).jpeg645C096A-BCDD-4968-8F24-CE1DBF97C5C7 (resized).jpegE5291174-D833-4FC4-AF2F-6970D1D5DA90 (resized).jpegE5291174-D833-4FC4-AF2F-6970D1D5DA90 (resized).jpeg
#798 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can somebody tell me why replacement button has extra button? I was expected the same set up to swap out fire button. Is the switch marked for particular wires or just use process of elimination until button works? Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You want to connect wires to the Common and Normally Open contacts of the switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You want to connect wires to the Common and Normally Open contacts of the switch.
[quoted image]

Thanks!!!

#800 5 years ago

I will use the bottom two. Switch has NC on both lugs. Guess that’s not meaning. normally closed.

2AAF128E-85B4-4F50-B917-FEE29BBD4AB1 (resized).jpeg2AAF128E-85B4-4F50-B917-FEE29BBD4AB1 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/16?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.