8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,337 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 422 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190322-024717 (resized).png
IMG_0248 (resized).jpg
IMG_0247 (resized).jpg
C2287959-380A-4229-ABCA-613091896922 (resized).jpeg
Part0 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault-5 (resized).jpg
IMG_5699.GIF
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.24.26 AM (resized).png
82D0CEE4-16AA-4C1D-AB0B-CDC76C89B155 (resized).jpeg
20190222_232621 (resized).jpg
20190222_230525 (resized).jpg
C58CF32F-2638-4124-8D43-9405399E7971 (resized).jpeg
A66516D0-ADF4-4E6D-93FF-98ED37A5B720 (resized).jpeg
3B96377C-0E69-47F5-B2D4-18ACCA4BDF0C (resized).jpeg
533a4531-bb11-4c61-8265-274c5ee90375_1.cf7df01a1dde999cb6ef6f49ff6a3209 (resized).jpeg
20190222_212925 (resized).jpg

There are 2337 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 47.
#701 4 months ago

don't lie, you read it.

#702 4 months ago

How To Unlock Akuma In Arcade1Up Street Fighter Arcade Cabinet

#703 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How To Unlock Akuma In Arcade1Up Street Fighter Arcade Cabinet

So the same way you do on the actual cab?

#704 4 months ago

Well after UPS left it in the mulch and didn’t ring the doorbell, my wife used a hand cart to get it in the garage while I was at work.

I put the Atari Deluxe together this morning. Pretty easy. Anyone with pin or arcade experience won’t have any trouble.

Like others have said the trackball works pretty well and the spinner (dial) is usable after adding washers and a little electrical tape for the slop. Graphics look sharp and I didn’t have any damage to my cabinet. It is packed pretty well. I did remove the plexi and used Novus 1 and a dry terry cloth to clean the screen and the cover.

My biggest complaint is the screen. I wish it had settings to adjust because, unless you’re low and dead center, there’s a glare effect that blows out the blacks. Especially noticeable on these games where the backgrounds are always black.

Nonetheless, I would rather play Tempest and Centipede on here than on my PS4. The dual shock is not a substitute for a ball and spinner (even a poopy one).

Next step. Bridge the speaker to my Polk sub.

I may get the SF2 cab and do a cheap mod with a raspberry pi with new sticks and buttons.

439CF47C-1030-4C5A-8406-B10C9AA8CDB7 (resized).jpeg64EC8B81-252A-4DAE-919F-480068915C4D (resized).jpeg
#705 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well after UPS left it in the mulch and didn’t ring the doorbell, my wife used a hand cart to get it in the garage while I was at work.

Excellent.

That proves that a broad can indeed move these things around!

#706 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Excellent.
That proves that a broad can indeed move these things around!

Well she got it in the garage but no way was she getting it up the steps. But, the Atari one is about 10 pounds heavier because of the riser.

#707 4 months ago

Played the Atari cab a bunch this morning. Still fun and these are always games you can come back to because you can’t really beat them.

I’d like to see a Dragon’s Lair Trilogy and a Stern Berzerk/Frenzy combo.

Also, I’d like to see someone come up with an easy swap for a real spinner.

#708 4 months ago

Just bought the street fighter 2 one for my 3 year old son for
Christmas. He loves that game and it will be great decor I his room.

#709 4 months ago
Quoted from dtown:

Played the Atari cab a bunch this morning. Still fun and these are always games you can come back to because you can’t really beat them.
I’d like to see a Dragon’s Lair Trilogy and a Stern Berzerk/Frenzy combo.
Also, I’d like to see someone come up with an easy swap for a real spinner.

Someone did this... I have not tried it

#710 4 months ago

So is there no way to just buy a “low-Rez” encoder disk?

#711 4 months ago

Has anyone received a street fighter 2 unit? I bought one and was just wondering what estimated shipping is and when. It is a gift for my son, so I have it shipped to a family member's home and need to let them know it is coming.

#712 4 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone received a street fighter 2 unit? I bought one and was just wondering what estimated shipping is and when. It is a gift for my son, so I have it shipped to a family member's home and need to let them know it is coming.

I was at Wal-Mart over the weekend and they had plenty of each model sitting on the shelf except for centipede. Where did you order yours from?

#713 4 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I was at Wal-Mart over the weekend and they had plenty of each model sitting on the shelf except for centipede. Where did you order yours from?

Thanks for the heads up. Looking for Galaga. Which location were you at?

#714 4 months ago

I think there’s some supply chain issue with Galaga and no one is getting them.

#715 4 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Gamestop. The walmart website was killing me.

#717 4 months ago

I got my street fighter a couple days ago. From Walmart.

#719 4 months ago

No risers found in my area....

#720 4 months ago

Here is my street fighter 2 with a riser that I made out of scrap wood in about 20 minutes. Makes for a comfortable playing height and hides and protects my ugly water meter that is underneath.

IMG_3135 (resized).JPG
#721 4 months ago

Look what I found at my local Walmart this morning ...

IMG_4924 (resized).JPG
#722 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Here is my street fighter 2 with a riser that I made out of scrap wood in about 20 minutes. Makes for a comfortable playing height and hides and protects my ugly water meter that is underneath.
[quoted image]

You keep talking about this water meter but I don't see it in the pix

#723 4 months ago

Nothing funner than a goid old co-op game of Galaga...

IMG_4925 (resized).JPG
#724 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

[quoted image]

This is the 2nd pic of a machine with one of those Walmart skeeballs next to them...guess they are popular.
Nice riser for a 20 min scrap wood project...wouldn’t of even noticed the difference if you didn’t point it out.

#725 4 months ago

Any.chance these become a black Thursday/ Friday Special ?

#726 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This is the 2nd pic of a machine with one of those Walmart skeeballs next to them...guess they are popular.
Nice riser for a 20 min scrap wood project...wouldn’t of even noticed the difference if you didn’t point it out.

I got one of those skee balls for 200 shipped via Jet.com... Walmart charges you $45 for shipping... Really good deal if you have kids or have parties with non-pinhead. Looks nice for being particle board. But it's much cheaper quality than real deal obviously.

#727 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Thanks. The roll and score skee ball is perfect if you have young kids. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I was thinking of getting a real skee ball but after taking them to Dave and busters my 5 year old could barely roll it all the way up and my 2 year old had no chance. Also, young kids completely miss the lane sometimes, holding on to the ball too long. I didn't want a 1lb wooden ball breaking stuff. It's also pretty challenging for adults, by far the most popular thing to play in my basement that has shuffleboard, 2 pins and 2 arcades.

#728 4 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any.chance these become a black Thursday/ Friday Special ?

There have not been any good black friday specials in years.

People wait to buy something expecting a deal and it's the same price or $10 off, lol

#729 4 months ago

Astreroids 279 at Walmart.com and can be price matched in store.

#730 4 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Astreroids 279 at Walmart.com and can be price matched in store.

Crazy because i just looked at the Target link and they are $349

#731 4 months ago

Yep, $279 and says it's in stock at my local wallmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Asteroids-Machine-4ft/828150107

#732 4 months ago

Why dont they list the Atari Deluxe on the Arcade 1up site .

Where can those be purchased ?

#733 4 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Why dont they list the Atari Deluxe on the Arcade 1up site .
Where can those be purchased ?

That one is Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-deluxe-edition-12-in-1-arcade-cabinet-with-riser-atari-graphics/6288355.p?skuId=6288355

#734 4 months ago

More Galaga’s due at Walmart. Pac-man due out next week at Walmart only. Space invaders coming out as well by end of year. 12 in 1 game for 349 at kohls during Black Friday special.

#735 4 months ago

Heads up... Walmart in MA and NH had Galaga all over the place early this morning. I cancelled my pre-order and grabbed one.

#736 4 months ago

Note Walmart's online stock numbers were (are) not accurate. One location online stated '1', but there were really 5 in stock. Just start driving

#737 4 months ago

That's what I did too. I want a Rampage. All the Wal-marts said out of stock. I just ran in one close to work & sure enough one was sitting there waiting for me

#738 4 months ago

Have they started to install or give the clear plastic controls protector and what's the opinion on tempest dial controller?

#739 4 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Have they started to install or give the clear plastic controls protector and what's the opinion on tempest dial controller?

Someone locally bought a Asteroids/Centipede a few days ago and he says he contacted Arcade 1Up and they have already mailed the acrylic protector out to him free of charge.

#740 4 months ago

Finally got my Galaga . If anyone is interested there is a guy on eBay selling a copy of original kickpanel artwork to cover the risers arcade 1 up logo.

#741 4 months ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Someone locally bought a Asteroids/Centipede a few days ago and he says he contacted Arcade 1Up and they have already mailed the acrylic protector out to him free of charge.

They are mailing me on also. Got through in 2 minutes.

#742 4 months ago

First impression fire button is not as responsive as original. There is one on amazon that is supposed to be same as original. I will give it a try.

#743 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

[quoted image]

NICE! Love the creativity and ingenuity with that! And love saving the $$$ on such a simple thing!

#744 4 months ago

I just went a grabbed two of them. Overall not bad but the Galaga marquee has a tear hopefully they can send me a new sticker.

20181104_164931 (resized).jpg
#745 4 months ago
Quoted from MJW:

First impression fire button is not as responsive as original. There is one on amazon that is supposed to be same as original. I will give it a try.

Please let us know how this works out and post the amazon link. Thanks!

#746 4 months ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Please let us know how this works out and post the amazon link. Thanks!

Haven’t ordered it yet. It’s very inexpensive. I found it in a you tube video review of Galaga. One of the comments was a guy who is really into Galaga. He posted the link for the part. I’ll post results when I switch. Also a warning . I played like four games and small chip of control panel graphics game off. Wait until you get the clear cover before playing. Mine is supposedly on the way.

#747 4 months ago

They are sending me the overlays for my 2 and also the marquee sticker for Galaga. Anyone else see any issues w/ the high scores? On Centipede I had a high score (last night) and another in 2nd and that I was sure of the scores and they are gone now but other scores/names are still there, pretty odd.

#748 4 months ago
Quoted from MJW:

Haven’t ordered it yet. It’s very inexpensive. I found it in a you tube video review of Galaga. One of the comments was a guy who is really into Galaga. He posted the link for the part. I’ll post results when I switch. Also a warning . I played like four games and small chip of control panel graphics game off. Wait until you get the clear cover before playing. Mine is supposedly on the way.

Correction. After reading again the self proclaimed Galaga aficionado guy just says the amazon button is the exact soft spring of the original . He found the 1 up one too stiff. Now I’m thinking speed of firing won’t be increased. Just softer button. For five bucks shopped I’ll still give it a try.

#749 4 months ago

My guess is the original button switch was a leaf spring type, not a cherry switch. If you are going to switch it might as well go that route. Shorter stick??? Well maybe, I have to build my friends Galaga and give it a whirl. He is a very casual player so probably will be just fine for him.

#750 4 months ago

Stumbled on these in Walmart last week and thought hmm, I just don't know?. So I went home and popped to youtube to do some research, as I was interested in the 4-1 Centipede because of the track ball, cabinet art and game selection. Went back to grab one and set up was a breeze. Quality feels okay, nothing amazing but not dog biscuits either, and once built it feels very solid. Control panel buttons can be swapped out with commercial grade, which is nice.

Having owned 20+ good titled arcade games at one point (including Crystal Castles, and not saying 20 like bragging, just more of I've owned a bunch and know how much of a PITA they can be) I find these little minis scratch the itch and here's why.

Sure, nothing beats the originals, but they're expensive, take up a lot of room, are very heavy, monitors are a pita, and board repairs are a chore, especially with some. These however, are sweet looking replicas with the great art packages, easy to move around, super kid friendly and they're ready to play in 30 minutes of build time. My kids will sit and play Crystal Castles for hours, they feel right at home on it.
We liked the centipede so much, we went and bought the Rampage cabinet last night as well. Kids like Rampage and Joust, I mainly bought it for Joust myself. (I use to have an original Joust that was a pita to get working and stay working)
Right now they're just in my movie room den, as that's where we set them up, until I figure out where I want to put them in the house and moving them will be a breeze.

So- Pros: Super easy to build. We skipped the risers as they're kid friendly height and I or we, just use a chair. When you're zoned into the screen, you can't tell the difference, it just feels like you're playing an arcade game. Super cool looking (imo) be it a kids bedroom or your own gameroom, they don't feel like they're trying to own the room they're in like their big brothers. Countless hours of fun with the same style and looks as the originals for a fraction of the cost.

Cons: Quality control is hit or miss.

Bottom line: Recommended.

My local Wal-Mart has one Galaga, I'm tempted to go grab it today, think it would be a go to game in the lineup.
1493A359-8FF7-4D61-8244-47AD969EA4F1 (resized).jpeg
F762F00C-49AB-4E48-A9ED-66F7EECA6AFD (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 35.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 19.95
There are 2337 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside