• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I got a street fighter 2 at Walmart today. They had all of them in stock. It's pretty fun! My 5 year old daughter loves it. We will see how it holds up but it looks to be well made. I am not an arcade aficionado so I can't speak to any lag problems or if the joysticks are sub par. It's fun, cheap and you can buy it in a store or online without having to hunt a real one down in for sale ads and then drive across the state to inspect it before picking it up. I would say it's great for the casual gamer or like me someone who is mainly into pinball but likes to have some other games around for variety.
[quoted image]

I like that Street Fighter version....it’d be perfect for my almost 6 year old. How’s that roll n score holding up for you?

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Already 600+ on craigs and ebay

Yet all the Walmarts seem to have stock on the shelves.

Kinda like thst guy in MD selling a GoG pro and a Stern SW pro in working condition for the bargain price of 7k each.

FB_IMG_1539780592761 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539780592761 (resized).jpg

#653 5 years ago

Use Brickseek to see what Walmarts near you have it in stock

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377

61% of all walmarts still have stock left

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Use Brickseek to see what Walmarts near you have it in stock
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=994342377
61% of all walmarts still have stock left

Hey Vid , you wouldn’t happen to know the Galaga sku would you? Preordered and haven’t heard anything. Thanks

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hey Vid , you wouldn’t happen to know the Galaga sku would you? Preordered and haven’t heard anything. Thanks

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=595505982

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I like that Street Fighter version....it’d be perfect for my almost 6 year old. How’s that roll n score holding up for you?

We like it. It gets a lot of play. It's actually pretty challenging for adults too because the area where it catches the ball is thin plastic so it's a little bouncy. This means you have to have the ball hit perfectly or get lucky to get it in the 30,40 or 50.
The balls are sturdy but light enough for younger kids to play and not damage anything when they miss. We also really like that you can do 2 player.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

according to their marketing pix, your daughter is about 5'3" right? :p
I'm glad she likes it though!

Yep, she's real tall for 5!
She's about 3'7". Tomorrow I'm going to make a riser for it so I can get it closer to the wall there. I have a water meter right in that spot so this will cover it nicely. I'll post a picture when I'm done, but I'll probably paint it black as well but not till the weekend.

#658 5 years ago

I got my Atari Deluxe model (12 games + riser) and spent 45 minutes setting it up and 15 minutes playing it. Here are some pictures and my gut-check opinions. I gave letter grades for each category:

Assembly: "A"
The assembly took me 45 minutes with a standard Phillips screwdriver. Each back of parts and each shelf was clearly labeled. There was never an awkward moment. Once in a while, I would have to adjust my angle to start the screw, but everything was machined well.

Art: "A-"
I love the art and side art. Boy does that look sweet when I see it from afar. On the down side, I wish the kick plate was blank instead of having the games listed. I could install a coin door there or something else.

Construction: "B"
For light and casual play, this seems pretty good. It's made from light boards, but still feels solid. It's like the desk/furniture you bought for your college dorm - not expensive, but you don't wanna get rough with it.

Buttons: "B+"
They seem responsive. I've felt better, but I have had worse.

Trackball: "B"
Could have had a lot more "spin" to it, but it is a lot better than some cheap trackballs I have used in 60in1 machines. It felt OK on Centipede and Millipede. Quantum was a blast.

Spinner: "D"
Man, they whiffed this one. This is not a spinner, it's a knob. No satisfying clicks or feel to it - I would really hope they improve it. Having said that, Tempest was enjoyable, but it could have been SO much better.

Video: "B+"
Good output to the screen. It rendered horizontal/vertical games well. Some pixelation, but great output for the price of this machine.

Audio: "C+"
I noticed some audio lag in the games. Centipede was the most notable since the sounds seemed to come slightly after the action. Most won't notice, but it bugged me a bit. I also wish there was a volume knob instead of the 3 switchable volume settings. Otherwise, serviceable sound from the mono speaker.

Size: "B"
Some will knock the small footprint and height, but I liked it as a single-player experience while I was sitting in a chair. I will build the riser tomorrow and will probably the overall experience a lot more.

User Interface: "A"
You can get in and get out of games quickly. It's not too flashy and it'll draw the people in during a party.

OVERALL: "B"
For the price, this is a welcome edition to my arcade. I'll be keeping this and also be looking for others at garage sales this spring. I would easily drop $100 for a used one since the emulation is above average and the cabinet design very appealing to me.

2018-10-17 21.03.27 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.03.27 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.04.56 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.04.56 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.05.04 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.05.04 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.13.08 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.13.08 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.42.18 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 21.42.18 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 22.19.11 (resized).jpg2018-10-17 22.19.11 (resized).jpg

#659 5 years ago

I also got the deluxe 12 edition. Got it put together and really liking it so far.

The spinner was very tight and had clicking during part of the rotation and not during other parts. I noticed this before I even assembled the game. I took the spinner apart and added some electrical tape to the post where the knob attaches to take out the slop. Then I added some washers beneath the bracket which attaches to the wood, to get the plastic piece farther away from the bottom of the control panel.

The spinner is now nice and smooth. It is still not really a spinner though. It doesn’t spin, it’s just more like a paddle control. However, it actually works really well for tempest. I played a bunch of that tonight and all in all, the spinner was good. Had a lot of fun playing it.

My cabinet did have some minor damage from shipping. Arcade 1up is sending a replacement side panel, but it won’t arrive for up to six weeks.

#660 5 years ago

The Atari Deluxe has the best art package by far

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

The Atari Deluxe has the best art package by far

Yep! I really like the black background on the Centipede side.

#662 5 years ago

Saw the display at Walmart today, and they had a couple of them in stock. Disappointing that the display wasn't playable. You could press a button to see a demo video, but there a plastic cover over the controls.

I like it. I have no room for one, but if I did, I'd probably collect them.

#663 5 years ago

Looks like 2 of mine arrived today, still thinking of returning them

40A22E80-36A8-449D-AE49-63D50186B1B5 (resized).jpeg40A22E80-36A8-449D-AE49-63D50186B1B5 (resized).jpeg
#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks like 2 of mine arrived today, still thinking of returning them
[quoted image]

Donate them to a children's center.

Kids would love you for it, and you can take the tax deduction.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I like your thinkin

#666 5 years ago

Open them, play them, make sure they're set up and working right, and then if you don't like them donate them. Much nicer to get a machine that's assembled and tested than a flat pack box and some instructions.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

According to my tax professional, tax deductions are pretty much worthless now unless you make over $12k in charitable contributions.

#668 5 years ago

Picked up a rampage and Centipede. Spent about 45 mins each putting them together and the game play is spot on. I really like these.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

According to my tax professional, tax deductions are pretty much worthless now unless you make over $12k in charitable contributions.

Then just give them to a children's center and don't even ask for a deduction slip.

Makes it even more meaningful.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Picked up a rampage and Centipede. Spent about 45 mins each putting them together and the game play is spot on. I really like these.

I wasn’t too interested in the rampage machine (really no games I like on it) but I’m wishing I got the centipede now. I forgot it has crysta castles!

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Open them, play them, make sure they're set up and working right, and then if you don't like them donate them. Much nicer to get a machine that's assembled and tested than a flat pack box and some instructions.

Donating them is a great idea! Be sure to check with the place you want to donate to first because some will have a hard policy on not accepting used items for health reasons especially if it's a place for sick kids (mold, etc). Would suck to get a couple quick games in and then your good gesture get declined.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Likewise - preordered from FYE.com - waiting for a notification.
Games should be hitting the retailers now to fill pre-orders ? ?

No notification yet, but checked on line order status tab this morning.
I see I now have a tracking number and ready for pickup by shipper.

Estimated delivery by end of day Wednesday.

#673 5 years ago

Series/wave 2 you think will be announced after Xmas for sure? I’d suspect they want to get these sold for the holiday season. I’m excited to see what is next Vs the poll they took of newer games

#674 5 years ago

Arcade 1 up Deluxe Edition 12 in 1 can this be bought in the US at best buy or another store and shipped to canada

#675 5 years ago

I bought three cabs and love them. I'm 47 years old, takes me back... It's a good "quick fix". For the money it's pretty darn fun.

I wish they'd come out with 'Lady Bug', 'Astro Blaster', and 'Black Widow'

#676 5 years ago

My Walmart was stocked!!! Went in for oil filters..... wanted to pick these up but may wait to see how they pan out with a pi etc

2D196280-7726-423E-8878-7694AE2C4E6C (resized).jpeg2D196280-7726-423E-8878-7694AE2C4E6C (resized).jpeg6F09ABC4-9222-4EE3-BFF3-8E498A1BBE53 (resized).jpeg6F09ABC4-9222-4EE3-BFF3-8E498A1BBE53 (resized).jpeg
#677 5 years ago

I really want to contact them to design the second batch of box designs. Saw them the other day. They are horrendous. They are not easy to figure out which game it is at a glance if you're seeing them for the first time.

And then there's this.

arcade (resized).jpgarcade (resized).jpgarcade2 (resized).jpgarcade2 (resized).jpg
#679 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

And then there's this.

That's the VR version that is not sold in the USA

#680 5 years ago

They had a SF2 cab at the Houston Arcade show so I was able to try it. Some thoughts:
- The size was fine and I was pretty comfortable while playing in a chair. I'm on the smaller size at 5-8 though. I'm not sure I'd want to play it 2 player though.
- I'm not an avid player so I didn't notice any delay in controls.
- The sound was fine. Not great but not as bad as I was expecting due to speaker placement.
- Why did they go with a 4 gate Their were several Arcade versions of the SF2 their as well so I was able to play both the arcade 1up and a full size real version. I never thought of the difference until playing both. 1UP version felt odd with the gates. The ball vs bat was odd as well but I heard they were fixing that.
- Game felt sturdy enough and the cab looked nice
- Graphics. I was surprised that the 1UP version looked lower quality than the full size versions. I expected them to be the same but it felt lower quality (more grainy) but that could have just been me.

If they put a (don't know the technical name) octagon gated controller in them I'd go for one. With the 4 gate it felt to weird so I'm probably at a pass.

Hope this helps others that are on the fence like me without the ability to see one in person.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- Graphics. I was surprised that the 1UP version looked lower quality than the full size versions. I expected them to be the same but it felt lower quality (more grainy) but that could have just been me.

That's what happens when these old games go through an LCD monitor. They were intended to have some good old fashioned phosphor blur between pixels.

#682 5 years ago

Sf2 arcades didn’t have octo gates. They had American style sticks with a square actuator.
The 1up cab has a Japanese style stick which is what all modern console sticks come with.

#683 5 years ago

Yeah, square gate is entirely normal and expected now.

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Sf2 arcades didn’t have octo gates. They had American style sticks with a square actuator.
The 1up cab has a Japanese style stick which is what all modern console sticks come with.

I'll take your word for it. I just know that with the 1UP I could feel the square and with the actual arcade game it felt like a circle. Maybe the owner did something to the arcade though.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll take your word for it. I just know that with the 1UP I could feel the square and with the actual arcade game it felt like a circle. Maybe the owner did something to the arcade though.

Expo was cool !

Wish we would have met up... I played those little arcades for 5 minutes, played dead pool for 3+ hours

#686 5 years ago

Amen. Expo is going to be very expensive. Got to play Maiden Prem and Deadpool Prem for the first times. Thought I was pro all day on those two. After expo I fell in love with the prem's...

#687 5 years ago

I also played the SF2 cab at the Houston Expo this weekend. I actually liked it. I’m right under 6 feet tall and sitting in a chair in front, it was about the right height to play comfortably. I didn’t find the screen grainy like 85vett did, but I agree these old graphics look a hell of a lot better on a CRT. Maybe a filter would have helped. I didn’t notice any input lag, but can’t say I’ve played enough SF2 lately to notice. I thought the buttons were excellent. The joystick was OK. Not super, but not junk. It was still responsive enough that I didn’t miss too many special moves. The cab itself felt reasonably sturdy too, given it’s small size.

I had real low expectations for these but after actually playing one, I have to say that my expectations were greatly exceeded. But I do think the price is a little high. At $150 or maybe $200 I’d grab one and then wait for someone to hack it to add games to it.

#688 5 years ago

Got an email today that my Galaga pre-order is delayed... until ?

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Got an email today that my Galaga pre-order is delayed... until ?

Canceled my Galaga preorder. It was listed as delivered and I never got it so I canceled. Turns out it was delayed.... even though it said delivered . Now I can’t reorder it. Will have to wait until Wal-Mart has in stock...

#690 5 years ago

Predictions on whether these fun-size arcades will hold their value like full-size arcades or pins?

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Predictions on whether these fun-size arcades will hold their value like full-size arcades or pins?

Probably will hold it's value better than a full size arcade.

A new Gauntlet arcade game cost $8,200 in today's dollars, and now sells used for $600

A Gauntlet Arcade1up sells for $300 and would probably fetch $150 used.

dU4YN (resized).pngdU4YN (resized).png
#692 5 years ago

Got my rampage machine all set up. Love it. Defender controls are virtually unplayable as the buttons are all spread out. Fortunately I have a regular defender machine right next to it...

#693 5 years ago

At first I thought the Defender controls we're a little spread out but I got used to it. Out of three different cabinets Defender has become my 'go to' game.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably will hold it's value better than a full size arcade.
A new Gauntlet arcade game cost $8,200 in today's dollars, and now sells used for $600
A Gauntlet Arcade1up sells for $300 and would probably fetch $150 used.[quoted image]

That's a pretty unfair comparison. Let's make it a little more apples to apples. How much will the 1up cab be worth in 33 years?

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's a pretty unfair comparison. Let's make it a little more apples to apples. How much will the 1up cab be worth in 33 years?

The question was will they hold their value, not which one will be more valuable. And Vid1900 has a pretty reasonable take on it.

#696 5 years ago

Nothing I posted has anything to do with which will be more valuable. I was saying the time frame comparison isn't fair, the current timetable is too short to extrapolate data from. If you want to use a 50% drop per month as the functioning variable in 4 months ($150, $75, $37.5, $18.75) a 1up will be worth $18.75 ; that's why I said the comparison isn't fair. I was actually *DEFENDING* the 1up's value as I don't think I'll be able to pick one up for $20 in March.

I only posed the question "How much will a 1up be worth in 33 years?" to put the timeline comparison on equal footing. If its worth more than $24 (adjusted for inflation) it would have held its value better than the arcade machine.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's a pretty unfair comparison.

The question was how would they hold in value compared to a real arcade cab, so my answer was as fair as fair could be.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Let's make it a little more apples to apples. How much will the 1up cab be worth in 33 years?

Absolutely nothing.

In 33 years, we will have full VR arcades with every title ever made at our fingertips.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The question was how would they hold in value compared to a real arcade cab, so my answer was as fair as fair could be.

No it wasn't. The most fair answer would be "There is no real basis of comparison as one is a 30+ year old commercial product made for a different purpose and the other hasn't been out long enough to know if it will hold any value"

I thought we were past the "downvote because we disagree" thing, maybe I just expect more from you. I think its fantastic that you have such a sales boner for these things but that doesn't change that they have issues in execution. I'm just glad you didn't try to defend the horrible photoshopping not only in their advertising but on the box itself (the hand placement on the control panel is cringe worthy)

Sorry that I refuse to feed the echo chamber.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

No it wasn't. The most fair answer would be "There is no real basis of comparison as one is a 30+ year old commercial product made for a different purpose and the other hasn't been out long enough to know if it will hold any value"

I thought we were past the "downvote because we disagree" thing, maybe I just expect more from you. I think its fantastic that you have such a sales boner for these things but that doesn't change that they have issues in execution. I'm just glad you didn't try to defend the horrible photoshopping not only in their advertising but on the box itself (the hand placement on the control panel is cringe worthy)

Sorry that I refuse to feed the echo chamber.

TL;DR

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.