• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 63.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

He doesn't look photoshopped in. But it does look like there's been a window or something photoshopped out. That wall to his right has obviously been photoshopped.
The tell for him actually being there is the reflection. It's too good for someone to have photoshopped him.

That reflection is EZPZ in photoshop. Copy, mirror, rotate, and gradient mask with a slight focal blur. They even fucked up the stripe on his shoe, its in the reflection but not on the shoe itself, and the stripes don't match the other show he's wearing. The cabs shadow is badly shopped in, and there's no light source to reflect the metal onto the hardwood the way its shown. That cab was never in the room they took the picture of. The guy was probably never next to it either. The most glaring thing is the unnatural light along his side closest to the cab, the funniest thing is the dark gradient going up from his vertical shoe along the wall.

Walmart has a higher res picture that's less touched up, wavy lines along the back of the machine and everything.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Riser/963795060

Why not just find a guy that's 5'3" and stand him next to one instead of doing a really bad photoshop job?

shuuuz (resized).PNGshuuuz (resized).PNG

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Copy, mirror, rotate, and gradient mask with a slight focal blur.
[quoted image]

Sure you can do that if you want to look like an amateur. If you did exactly what you said, he'd be floating in the air. Only the very edge of his foot would be touching the ground. And the fact that his reflection looks so good and the wall does not, means that he was taken in that photo.

The shoe is proof that he's real. They removed a line from his shoe to not use a copyrighted Adidas shoe in their photo. They either didn't notice the stripe in the reflection, or realized it was going to be too hard for the amount that it's shown. Because, if they did what you said, why wouldn't they mirror the photoshopped version of the shoe?

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They removed a line from his shoe to not use a copyrighted Adidas shoe in their photo.

They should have turned it into a Nike.

That's what all the cool kids are wearing.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

He doesn't look photoshopped in. But it does look like there's been a window or something photoshopped out. That wall to his right has obviously been photoshopped.
The tell for him actually being there is the reflection. It's too good for someone to have photoshopped him.

It's taken at an odd angle, like it was taken from the floor. It's the same crap girls on Tinder do when they are not confident about their chest size or extra chins...they take a picture from above their head to exaggerate/hide things.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Sure you can do that if you want to look like an amateur. If you did exactly what you said, he'd be floating in the air. Only the very edge of his foot would be touching the ground. And the fact that his reflection looks so good and the wall does not, means that he was taken in that photo.
The shoe is proof that he's real. They removed a line from his shoe to not use a copyrighted Adidas shoe in their photo. They either didn't notice the stripe in the reflection, or realized it was going to be too hard for the amount that it's shown. Because, if they did what you said, why wouldn't they mirror the photoshopped version of the shoe?

I thought the basic commands would show you I knew what I was talking about and my critiquing of the photoshop work is valid. The reflection is likely real, but I was saying its easy to fake (because it is)

I also never said that he wasn't in the room I said the arcade cab was never in the room, and the guy was never next to the cab:

Quoted from Malenko:

That cab was never in the room they took the picture of. The guy was probably never next to it either.

Original point still is that its a really bad photoshop job.

#606 5 years ago

Walmart has Pacman/Pacman Plus product code in it's computers, no sign of Ms Pacman.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Walmart has Pacman/Pacman Plus product code in it's computers, no sign of Ms Pacman.

Too bad it doesn’t include Ms. Pac-Man. Could have combined the art similar to the Atari deluxe cab.

#608 5 years ago

Arcade1up has issued a PSA:

Free Plexiglass control panels for all

Rampage level 31 fix

They will have all the phone lines manned on Oct 16th

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rampage level 31 fix

Vid, you seem to really like these things! thanks for posting this!

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I can't give a stinky 300lb arcade cab as a Christmas gift, but these would probably be a big hit with my nephews

When they get bored, they can swap between themselves.

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think Vid’s got some background cash in this company...

#612 5 years ago

Got my SF2 today. Really like it so far.
Sticks are nice. The buttons are responsive (but I don't like concave buttons on fighters). 360s are easy enough to pull off.

#613 5 years ago

How about the lag? The lag everyone said was guaranteed to be there?

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

How about the lag? The lag everyone said was guaranteed to be there?

I'm curious about this as well. Not just to hear someone say "it plays fine I don't see any lag" (because it is guaranteed), but for someone to provide some actual frame data so we can determine just how much there is. I haven't seen anything good or bad on it yet. If these are truly running on hardware similar to a Pandora's box then I suspect it's likely not going to be good. I'll reserve judgement for the actual data to roll in though. Data rules over speculation or anticdotal evidence for me any day.

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

If these are truly running on hardware similar to a Pandora's box then I suspect it's likely not going to be good.

The only thing the similar is the Allwinner A13 CPU.

The boards, the storage, and the OS are all different.

Think of it this way:

I have Intel i7 processors in my Mac, my PC and my Linux box.

Although the CPU is the same, each computer provides a COMPLETELY different experience.

Even running the same software, written by the same company, (like Photoshop) on the Mac vs. the PC gives you different results.

You can't get Photoshop to crash on the MAC, yet the PC, with 2x the memory (32 gigs) will crash, sometimes tragically.

So you can't say Intel processors are crashy, you can only say that PS runs better on the MAC OS than in Win10

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rampage level 31 fix

This guy is horrible at reading the teleprompter. Youre head of marketing, just say what comes naturally instead of the canned speech.

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

This guy is horrible at reading the teleprompter. Youre head of marketing, just say what comes naturally instead of the canned speech.

Same as those auto dealership commercials on TV.

"I'm d-d-Don Lemon of Lemon Ford. Come see our..........great section of.......cars. "

You just shake your head, ' you don't know your own name?????' , 'you don't know what you sell????'

Some people are born public speakers, and some are just....born.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

I'm curious about this as well. Not just to hear someone say "it plays fine I don't see any lag" (because it is guaranteed), but for someone to provide some actual frame data so we can determine just how much there is. I haven't seen anything good or bad on it yet. If these are truly running on hardware similar to a Pandora's box then I suspect it's likely not going to be good. I'll reserve judgement for the actual data to roll in though. Data rules over speculation or anticdotal evidence for me any day.

Well, if you need things down to the nanosecond then I would say these probably are not for you. These are old video games done. You push the joystick up, things go up. You push a button, stuff happens. It works fine, seriously. You seem to be determined to find lag so I'm sure you will find it.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rampage level 31 fix

Thanks for posting that vid. Mine has a glitch with Gauntlet. You can't get passed level 30 or 31 - forget exactly which. Not sure if that's the same issue but contacting customer service.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thanks for posting that vid. Mine has a glitch with Gauntlet. You can't get passed level 30 or 31 - forget exactly which. Not sure if that's the same issue but contacting customer service.

That's the level 31 fix in the Rampage cab

They'll be sending you a whole new control panel

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

The latest Pandora is pretty nice - no lag I could detect. And trust me, those old boards were not very good on a lot of games...

#622 5 years ago

This thing doesn't use HDMI for video or USB controllers which means potentially it should have LESS lag than your average RetroPie cab.

#623 5 years ago

I've tried to explain it earlier in this thread but still evidently people here aren't quite understanding what the problem is with "lag". Again it isn't necessarily just the human element of "I can't stand this fraction of a second delay between moving the joystick one direction and having my character move in that direction" (which is also a problem for some people). It has to do with how the game itself reads the inputs and responds. That's the BIG issue. That time literally is fractions of a second, there are many frames happening every second. There are frame tolerances built in to the game programming which will look for specific inputs on specific frames and then output a move accordingly. If you don't even come close to getting next frame input response you fall victim to the game not picking up the control input on the required frame and can easily miss things like a special move even though the human aspect on the controller was executed perfectly.

I'll put this video up yet again. Watch what happens within the first 5 seconds of the clip when two systems are synced up, one having more lag then the other.

To make it nice and clear the one on the right (groovymame) has more lag than the one of the left (which is the actual PCB). You can see the problem is that even though the characters are moving in sync, the one on the right actually misses the frame input tolerance the game requires and doesn't execute the special move. That's why I say and speculation about lag or anecdotal evidence of "feels fine to me" is pointless. This stuff needs to be measured it's as simple as that. If I had to guess based on everything I've seen, I would be absolutely shocked if the emulation on the 1up cabinets came even close to hitting the same level as groovymame.

#624 5 years ago

Thinking of getting the Steet Fighter 2 cab.
I recently switched out an arcade basketball game with a skee ball so I now have more room, but the extra room I gained is right where my water meter is. My thought is I will build my own riser that will fit over my water meter keeping it out of sight and protected and put the street fighter 2 on it.
Sounds like there could be a large untapped market for these things, lots of people probably have unsightly water meters in their basements that they could hide with one of these

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Sounds like there could be a large untapped market for these things, lots of people probably have unsightly water meters in their basements that they could hide with one of these

If they included a grounding jumper to go across the meter, they'd have a huge hit on their hands.

And, more importantly, by bonding past the meter, it would remove any possible lag - possibly even predicting your moves through quantum entanglement.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

quantum entanglement.

The future of video games right there folks.

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The future of video games right there folks.

I can't wait to have my quantums entangled.

#628 5 years ago

Got a customer support email. They said engineers have not confirmed it is the control deck causing issues so no fix. Maybe next week they will know.

#629 5 years ago

I’ve been watching metal Jesus rocks for a couple years, and I trust his point of view with gaming things.

Basically, the street fighter cab is good. The spinner on the other one was shit. Instead of spinning it was a clicky mess. The good news is that this was a Pre production unit, and the spinner will be fixed for release

#630 5 years ago

My buddy received notice that Bestbuy has shipped the 12in1 Atari cabinet, should arrive Tuesday and we will put it together and I will post my thoughts on it, specifically that (not an actual spinner) knob.

#631 5 years ago

Are these in the clearance bin yet?

If so I'm going to run down to Zayre and put a few on lay-away.

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

My buddy received notice that Bestbuy has shipped the 12in1 Atari cabinet, should arrive Tuesday and we will put it together and I will post my thoughts on it, specifically that (not an actual spinner) knob.

Yep, mine from Best Buy will be here on Tuesday! Will post my thoughts ASAP.

#633 5 years ago

Here is review of Tempest .

Guy shows the included flyer says that these games are Series One, and Series Two is in development.

#634 5 years ago

Pretty cool little game, friend loves it! With the riser it is just the right height to use with a bar stool. Packaged very well and went together easily. The buttons feel good and trackball is responsive, no issues. The spinner...is not a spinner. It is a rotary dial as others have said. It works fine, you can play the games with it but is just not optimal.

IMG_4792 (resized).JPGIMG_4792 (resized).JPGIMG_4794 (resized).JPGIMG_4794 (resized).JPG
#635 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

The spinner...is not a spinner. It is a rotary dial

The company knows about this issue, I bet that the second batch will have a spinner, just like the second batch will have bat top sticks for street fighter

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Pretty cool little game, friend loves it! With the riser it is just the right height to use with a bar stool. Packaged very well and went together easily. The buttons feel good and trackball is responsive, no issues. The spinner...is not a spinner. It is a rotary dial as others have said. It works fine, you can play the games with it but is just not optimal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the small form factor vs the “real” pins next to it. Seems right.

#637 5 years ago

Not bad at all for the price; looks a lot better with the riser

#638 5 years ago

They should do some cocktail tables.

#639 5 years ago

Anyone get their "Your item has shipped" email from Walmart yet?

#640 5 years ago

Did the "fix" for the control panel ship yet? I'm kind of waiting to buy them, until the store stock has all the fixes in them.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Anyone get their "Your item has shipped" email from Walmart yet?

Likewise - preordered from FYE.com - waiting for a notification.

Games should be hitting the retailers now to fill pre-orders ? ?

#642 5 years ago

my buddy just called Wal mart on his pre-order since they showed not being shipped yet. he said they were no help on tracking them but they found them at the local Wal-Mart so they canceled his order and set him up to pick up both games today in store. he told me a buddy just walked in to the same store yesterday and picked up a rampage and riser off the shelf

#643 5 years ago

Would be nice to see some in a store somewhere. None around here. I might consider one but need to play one first.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did the "fix" for the control panel ship yet? I'm kind of waiting to buy them, until the store stock has all the fixes in them.

Not me. I got an email saying they are not sure replacing the control panel would fix it. They are still looking into it.

#645 5 years ago

I got a street fighter 2 at Walmart today. They had all of them in stock. It's pretty fun! My 5 year old daughter loves it. We will see how it holds up but it looks to be well made. I am not an arcade aficionado so I can't speak to any lag problems or if the joysticks are sub par. It's fun, cheap and you can buy it in a store or online without having to hunt a real one down in for sale ads and then drive across the state to inspect it before picking it up. I would say it's great for the casual gamer or like me someone who is mainly into pinball but likes to have some other games around for variety.

IMG_3121 (resized).JPGIMG_3121 (resized).JPG
#646 5 years ago

according to their marketing pix, your daughter is about 5'3" right? :p

I'm glad she likes it though!

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not me. I got an email saying they are not sure replacing the control panel would fix it. They are still looking into it.

Man, so it’s buy now and wait, or wait months and buy. Mmm want to give two to different friends as gifts for Xmas...so I have a game to play when I visit :-p I suppose In home use it probably won’t get worn much

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

$150 by Christmas

These are gonna be the hot item for Xmas.... probably jump up the last final days before Xmas.

#650 5 years ago

Already 600+ on craigs and ebay

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/13?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.